Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

what would you recomend for beating luther

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

da schadow Posted at: 12:30 Mar31 2005 Post ID: 115430
da schadow
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
wich lv and what stuff?

im using fayt, sophia, maria. They are nearly lv 70 all 3 of em

by the way......how does luther looks like? is he big or small?
gone fishing.....
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Ryoki Posted at: 22:07 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351850
Ryoki
Forum GuestMember
+
+
hm I use Fayt, Cliff, and Albel. Best to just give it your all. Probably best to have LOTS of Mp curing Items. The first form hes just normal and second hes pretty big. Oh and if the floor gets all black run by the edge! That attack usually kills your party members. My people are around 70 too and they usually get killed on his second form. 1st form is a peice of cake, 2nd... not as easy.
Wyvernz Posted at: 16:46 Aug19 2005 Post ID: 353338
Wyvernz
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Aye. But I used Fayt, Albel and Sophia.

I pretty much let Fayt and Albel do the damage dealing while I control Sophia with consistently healing them. I also used Orcichalum(Sp?) four times on Fayt's(Level 67) and Albel's(Level 65) weaponry(damn, that's a lot of attack points). I did it to Sophia magician's rod too, but I didn't do much else with it other than increase intelligence and defense. I wouldn't let Sophia go near him, but whenever he got the chance he'd go after he without regard to Fayt or Albel damaging him. I was like the lure, and the other two like the beating sticks.

Neheh.

I used fruity potion, physical restoration and mental restoration items throughout the whole battle, plus Restoration elixir, Fresh Sage, Blueberries, Ripe Berries, Magical Berries, Blackberries, any healing item(for both HP and MP) you can use in battle. Personally I used Sophia's HP reserve tactic, but Luther almost chewed up her tons of MP, so I constantly switched her tactic around between MP and HP conservation. Fayt and Albel I just hade to concentrate with healing their HP/MP if the numbers turned yellow(danger).

The first time around, Luther is easy, you just have to watch it because he's more annoying than deadly.

The second time, he becomes a ***** to beat, with nearly twice as much HP and MP to deal with. He looks like he's got angel wings... and he can use them as weapons. O.o;;;;
Albel Posted at: 16:21 Oct04 2005 Post ID: 449192
Albel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Luther is blond, wears clothes that look like a girl's dress and has this big spear-sword thing. To kill him I recommend, like Ryoki, Fayt, Cliff, and Albel. Give Fayt Dimension Door, give Cliff Acrobat Locus and Airal Assault, and give Albel Dragon Roar (Hand of Doom also helps). They should all be at LV. 65 or more. Even at that, Luther is very hard especially since elements don't affect him much.
It's not the great who are strong, it's the strong who are great!
Albel Posted at: 16:23 Oct04 2005 Post ID: 449196
Albel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I almost forgot! Watch out for his Insanity Prelude attack. It's this big brownish blast that usually kills your party members easily. You can tell he's going to use it when this light show appears.
Gameboy X Posted at: 11:35 Oct10 2005 Post ID: 460645
Gameboy X
Forum GuestMember
+
+
LUTHERS WALKTHROUGH:
well i beat him lvl 62 without and revive items, granted it took me some 50 billion tries so im used to the guy. i use fayt, cliff, and roger. all of them have laser weapons with orchalim stacked on them to the infinity power. (i chose laser weapons because they can be used by any charater, great for leveling those weak ones). anywho for me the key was shielding set on standard. i suggest putting everyone on opposite sides of the field on manual and tackel him one person at a time. and only use reviving items if you are about to die with only one person left, otherwise the AI will get itself killed.

his attacks: when he uses a heavy technique just scootback he will sideswipe the area in front of him. if he is taking longer than that run around him in a circle, he will shoot a lance in your direction (if your moving it shouldn't hit you)
his symbology: laser beams, when he says it find out who he is going for and move them, easy enough. if the target is fayt you can use demention door, timing is crutial here.(this is a good time to hit him once and hard if it is another caracter)
skills: expansion force and flaming divine(he will say "behold true force" for expansion force and "wallow in dispair" for flaming diving) are his favorite but are on the light setting so just use your shield and stun him, then hit him with (i have fayt, cliff, and roger) Fayt: demention door, Cliff: arial assult or acrobat locus, Roger: flying torpedo (flying torpedo is the best here because when he initiates his next attack it will be cancled by him falling down. perfect syemetry ("data should behave as such") : just move away, far far away, really far far away, you get my point. and when he is getting low on HP he will use Insanity prelude ("i'll show you my most powerful program"): this one hits hard and 8/10 times only the person your controlling will survive, mabey. when he says it move away from the sides but not dead center, a ball will come into the center then spike-like pillars jet up from the side. at this point in time get between two of them, as close to the edge as you can and pray.
and that's it, hope it helps, have fun :D
Albel Posted at: 14:27 Nov05 2005 Post ID: 506015
Albel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I dissagree to that last point by Gameboy X. If you just get close to the sides and between the spikes then you will probably get hit a few times ( possibly killed). The best way to dodge Insanity prelude is this. The field in which you fight Luther is a perfect circle except for two rectangle shaped pieces of land slanting out of the circle. When you hear him saying "I'll show you my most powerful program", run to the nearest and don't move from there until the attack is over. Also, while the attack is in effect, Luther will be somewhere under the black mist. Insanity Prelude lasts about 20-30 seconds so you have time to heal and even cast the spell Explosion (if you have it). If you do use Explosion, as soon as Luther comes up, he will be greeted by the huge blast.

P.S.: Avoid the spikes of Insanity Prelude at all cost as they might inflict automatic death upon anyone who touches them.
Razormouth Posted at: 19:20 Nov06 2005 Post ID: 508539
Razormouth
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I yoused FayteLV111 SophiaLV113 AlbelLV104
MeltonMania Posted at: 14:36 Feb26 2006 Post ID: 708581
MeltonMania
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i used fayt cliff and nel,( i have also seen in this thread that most of you had abel) so to get nel keep her on your party permamently, other wise if you use albel in the quest for the Marquis instead of nel, then when you face biwig he appears not nel but if its vice versa nel appears and not albel. anyway i found him very easy, both forms actually, 1st form YAWN second form a bit tougher but not as tough as me. evryone in party around the level 95 mark and oh you can go beyond level 100. after you complete the game you can go down the stairs talk to a bunny and you get transported back to either gemnity or a place on elicoor ii to continue levelling up and to explore two new places: Maze of tribulations and Urssa temple both contain some tough monsters and even tougher bosses. and does anyone have some tips on how to kick Gabriel senseless as he keeps slaughtering me any tips will be greatly appreciated. i will also recommend that you level up sophia as much as possible as she can learn every symbology spell, even her secret one Blood scylla which drains hp from the opponents but you need to find this, cannot remember where sorry folks but those of you who have just come across it let us all know and save me from getting it wrong...
if i think not, am i not? i think not, don't you think?

dragician315 Posted at: 00:31 Mar06 2006 Post ID: 721743
dragician315
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i used Albel,Maria and Adray. ITs level around 60. Its best to get the Crimson Scorge. I killed him with Albel around level45. if u keep on using Aura wall on him he will die really soon. Best to have items faw healing ready. But I didnt need it because Adray uses the healing skills on our characters. Best to have Fresh sages or Antaleptic for incapcitated characters. Maybe u can equip regeneration symbols on Adray or systhesis to he's weapon so he will recover mp for symbology
dragician315 Posted at: 00:35 Mar06 2006 Post ID: 721746
dragician315
Forum GuestMember
+
+
If u keep on using aura wall he will be stopped from using any attacks
dragician315 Posted at: 00:36 Mar06 2006 Post ID: 721747
dragician315
Forum GuestMember
+
+
but u have to be swift. keep using each time he drops to the floor
i love katanas Posted at: 12:26 Jul07 2006 Post ID: 907631
i love katanas
Forum GuestMember
+
+
on galaxy mode i recomend level 40 for all characters(only if you're excellent at the game) if not level 80 and have loads of ressurection elixers and fruity potions, and mental, and physical enchancers, and aneleptics.
Have Sidekick for Fayt and it should be a piece of cake if it's at the maxe level you just keep cancel bonusing. and your other characters are basically just for reviving you when you get knocked out
Kingdom of Ultima Posted at: 22:45 Jul26 2006 Post ID: 947227
Kingdom of Ultima
+
+
I used Fayt, Roger, and Maria. They were all about lvl 150 with 25,000 HP. I used Fayt for his Air Raid attack, Roger for Raging Helmet and Flying Torpedo attacks, and Maria for her Gravity Bullet attack, each attack does 30,000 to 100,000. Good Luck and make lots of orichulum.
"I am the Greatest"
Cyber_Worm Posted at: 11:08 Jul16 2007 Post ID: 1750870
Cyber_Worm
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I would reccomend to synthasise oriachilum to your weapons and then defeating him by MP damage in his second form. HGis second form he use his most powerful attack, so buy MP Stun Bombs. when he does his super attack, you know he's nearley defeated.
http://teams.supercheats.co...terforum

Kirby says=SHUT THE F*CK UP!
kai102 Posted at: 09:32 Aug13 2007 Post ID: 1835046
kai102
+
+
I use Fayt, Cliff, and Albel
Pokemon White
Name:Juan
FC:0690-4601-8004
Proudly Paired With these Old super cheats legends
Maxxy209,TwilightPrince, bjdj24,DemonOfSand, harlsta,lucario
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close