Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Birth of Oblivion

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Pooly Posted: 14:41 May02 2007 Post ID: 1573765
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
Post Likes: 0
+
I just realised thats chapter9 but chapter7 was before it.Weres chapter8?
Anyway I think that maybe that black pus is a reaction with the old medicines.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
tomsmiley18 Posted: 15:16 May02 2007 Post ID: 1573804
tomsmiley18
+
Sorry, I got the numbers wrong, this is chapter eight.... I think.

I already stated that the medicines aloowed the puss to leak, so your theory is correct. But what I meant was, can you guess what caused it?"
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

Pooly Posted: 15:31 May02 2007 Post ID: 1573847
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Ok then, I'm not sure about this but because of the larger cut which was on his back I'm thinking it may be related to a wound from Dralik-Turh as well but I'm not sure as I've said.

tomsmiley18 Posted: 16:29 May02 2007 Post ID: 1574019
tomsmiley18
+
Well, the injury was a result of the fall. Yes.

Any guesses about what it will do?
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

Pooly Posted: 01:48 May03 2007 Post ID: 1574932
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Not yet but I'm still trying to guess, I'll post when I have a good idea about it.

tomsmiley18 Posted: 12:39 May14 2007 Post ID: 1594709
tomsmiley18
+
Keep on thinking. I have most of the fic already written in a notebook, so I have a good idea where the plot is headed. Expect a lot of blood and people being stabbed. But... for now, here is chapter 9 for all fans.
(The name of the fic has been changed, just in case you never saw. It was done to coincide with the story a little more.)

Chapter 9: A shadow?s desire.

Dralik-tuhr soared above Ublask having just disposed of two members of the futile, human Cleanser resistance.
?Come on little ants. Try and stop us. The moment you show your faces I will be there.? He thought. He sat on atop one of the many city towers, spying the buildings for any sign of human life. The clouds around him were easily cleared by a quick flap of his wings. As he did so, his unsurpassed senses detected a large mass of humans somewhere below him, and they were headed his way. He would wait. As Dralik-tuhr gazed upon the falling city, coated in flames and smoke, a small figure flickered in the corner of his eyesight. He quickly turned his head to see what was there, but by the time he had reacted it had disappeared.
?Over here.? A voice called from behind him. Dralik-tuhr swung his spiked tail around; attempting to hit whatever had spoken before. But it had avoided his strike.
The voice had been maniacal, and somewhat amused. Amused by the incredible beast?s efforts. It had not sounded normal. To a normal human being, it would have seemed to be the voice of a deranged killer that derives pleasure from the pain and suffering of others. Dralik-tuhr suddenly felt two feet on top of his head. Above him stood a thin, human shaped figure that appeared to be formed by the very essence of shadow. Its entire body was delicate, as if held together by nothing more than a thin mist. Rapidly, the creature that had seemed to be made of fog solidified. Revealing that it was, in fact, a humanoid being. Something that could have been described as a man.
In a swift motion, Dralik-tuhr tried to pierce the creature on his head with his sharp claws, but felt nothing.
?Where have you gone this time you sly little worm?? He shouted in anger. The strange voice rang in the air once again.
?Do not get yourself in a twist. You know that I would not do anything to harm you. Though, I struggle to believe that you feel the same way about me.?
?Tell me where you are.? The Dragon beast ordered. ?You?re beginning to frustrate me.?
?I?m here.? Mocked the voice softly. A few seconds later, the man that was once on his head came walking up the side of the tower. Its arms folded behind its back. Dralik-tuhr leaned over the edge, only to find him waiting and looking at him from a horizontal angle. Out of anger, The Dragon bellowed dark flame at it from its mouth and from its nostrils. Once the black smoke had cleared, he found that his menace had once again disappeared.
?Stop fooling around now and explain why you are here.?
From his right hand side, the man emerged, walking on his hands. Quickly, he flipped back onto his feet with his arms outstretched. His whole body was covered in what looked like an extremely thin layer of black material. Except for his head, which was wrapped up in a turban of the same product. Only his eyes were visible, which were slitted like those of a snake, but luminous like those of a cat. The clothing he wore stuck to his muscular body and highlighted his every feature as he flexed his joint. The only other garment that clad the man was a large belt at his waist that covered the area where a normal man?s private organs would be. At the left of the belt, was a small sheath that held inside it a dagger the size of an adult?s hand excluding the black hilt.
?So? are you going to explain why you are bothering me?? Dralik-tuhr asked. ?I don?t think The bringer would be too happy if he knew you were here for nothing.?
?The man did not answer; instead, he walked to the edge of the tower and stared at Ublask laughing.
?Beautiful isn?t it? These creatures are falling at our feet, begging for mercy. We shall slaughter every single one of them, and then prepare ourselves as we offer up there purified bodies as the ultimate sacrifice to The Lord.?
?I already know the plan. Verge shall be resurrected, and our Lord with it. I know. But right now I need to know why you are here.?
?Vergals are dying all over this wretched city Dralik-tuhr. You can not be sitting up here whilst they die in vain. I am here to get you moving.?
?There is a large group of humans approaching our location as I speak. I shall wait here??
?No! I will gladly take care of them. You need to go and aid our forces with the hunting. The Purifier grows impatient.? Said the mysterious man, clearly allied with Dralik-tuhr.
?Very well.? The Dragon replied. It stood up at full height and using his magnificent wings to impulse himself took off from the roof and plummeted downwards. Leaving the man stood on top of the roof alone.
Almost immediately, he drew his knife. Someone had been listening to them. He could feel it. And it hadn?t been the massacre because they were still ascending. The only place to hide was behind the small cubicle that housed the lift from which the doomed humans would soon arrive.
?Do you like to play hide and seek?? The man called out gleefully. ?It truly is a wonderful game. Let us play.? He continued, then approaching the lift compartment stealthily. Looking for any signs of a human presence. Not seeing any, he continued until he was directly in front of the cubicle. If there was a spy, he or she could only be hiding on the opposite side. ?Which way should I go, left or right?? He shouted. ?I think I will go? left.? He said, gradually moving over to the right side of the wall. Then unexpectedly, a voice answered him. It was a deep, gruff voice, that sounded like it was enduring a terrible pain.
?If you want to kill me, you?re gonna have to find me first.? The speaker answered. It was definitely a man. Once he had finished his sentence, his audible footsteps proved that he had ran to the other side.
?This should be easy.? The Hunter gloated. He walked towards one of the walls and continued to casually walk up it as if gravity was non existent. Once he reached the top and was in the centre he began to speak again. ?Your death is near. Please understand that when I find you I am going to make sure that you die a horrible death for daring to waste my time and for spying on our conversation.? The entrance to the lift was now on his left. He could not allow his prey to reach it. But then, it seemed it was too late. The buzz of the lift button being pressed rang in his ears. He rushed to the edge, trying to stop the one that could leak their information, but as he arrived, the lift doors opened and the spy entered. It was impossible to pursue him, because the squad sent to assassinate Dralik-tuhr had arrived on the scene.
?The Dragon isn?t here.? Said one of the Cleansers. ?He must have known that we were coming and flew away.?
The lift doors shut as the man spoke, taking the spy away and leaving the group of nine Cleansers to be defeated. In the blink of an eye, the man disappeared and reappeared behind one of the Cleansers, quickly slitting his neck with his drawn blade.
?Fresh blood.? He chuckled psychotically, removing the material wrapped around his head. His face was a disgusting, bony and worn away. Like a mummified skull covered in black skin, illuminated by two black, cats eyes. As he laughed, he put the blade up to his mouth and began to lick of the blood that stained the dark steel with his long lizard-like tongue.
?You sick creature.? Commented another Cleanser. ?Kill it!? He ordered. As he did so, they all drew their standard katanas and charged at their objective.
?Pathetic humans.? The creature mocked whilst not even attempting to avoid their attacks. Once they reached him, they each thrusted their blades at his torso. At that moment, he returned to his form of mist, allowing the swords to simply pass through. Then, before they could do anything, he had gone, and was once again standing on top of the lift compartment.
?Wh? What are you?? Asked one of the cowering men in fear.
?I am one of the supreme Vergals.? He answered proudly. ?And I have no name. The Bringer did no give me one. I am merely The Shadow that no one sees. The Shadow that causes women and children to cry in fear, The Shadow that causes warriors to retreat from battle, The Shadow that brings empires to their knees before us. I am The Shadow of the Vergals, and I am The Shadow that shall now kill you all.? He said, obviously enjoying his moment. He then sheathed his blade and began to teleport around the group of men.
?Please let us live.? One pleaded. Ignoring him, The Shadow continued to move around them, constantly flickering out of view.
?Who should I kill first?? He pondered. Then, he grabbed one of them and teleported himself and the victim high into the air, before letting go and leaving him to fall back down onto the roof. The loud crunch of his broken bones alerted the others to his death. Landing gracefully on the ground, The Shadow took out his dagger once again and launched himself head first into the chest of another man with his blade outstretched, leaving the Cleanser dying on the floor in a pool of his own blood. He then proceeded by turning back into a cloud of mist and entering another?s body through his mouth. Once he had done so, the victim?s pupils turned white and his voice changed completely.
?This one is under my control now. Kill him yourselves, because he shall not hesitate in doing the same to you.? He laughed. Before anyone could react, he drew his blade and drove it through the skull of the nearest Cleanser. ?I did tell you to kill him. It is the only way to save yourselves.? Yet again nobody moved, so swiftly, he lopped the head off another.
?I truly am sorry.? Wept one of the four remaining Cleansers, taking out his katana and stabbing the possessed Cleanser through the heart.
?Only three of you left now.? The Shadow smiled, he had taken the body of the possessed Cleanser and had rematerialized away from his goal. Sheathing his knife once again. He ran towards one of his victims and jumped over him, rolling in the air. As he landed, he turned around and grabbed his prey?s head, twisting it until it snapped. After seeing this, the other two started to run towards the lift.
?We need to get out of here.? One screamed. The Shadow then appeared in front of the doors, and threw his blade into one of the Cleanser?s necks, leaving only one. Out of fear, he swung the blade of his katana at The Shadow, but his attack was in vain. The Shadow caught the weapon and pulled it from his shaking hands.
?Come on. We shall have a real fight.? He muttered, throwing the sword off the roof and crossing his arms. ?Attack me!?
The Cleanser attempted to punch The Shadow, but his opponent simply ducked under it and backflipped, kicking the human in the jaw and knocking him up into the air. Seeing this, The Shadow teleported next to him before he fell back down and slammed him into the roof. Groaning in pain, the man tried to stand up as his enemy landed gracefully next to him.
?Get back up you worthless human, I want a challenge.? The Vergal grunted. Following orders, the man managed to get back on his feet, only to receive a kick in the face that knocked him back to the ground.
?Come on, this is supposed to be a fight.? The Shadow groaned.
?Please, spare me. I have a family.? The man replied. He knew that another blow would end his life, and that the only way to escape his fate was to beg.
?No one begs for mercy in a battle.? The Shadow shouted angrily. He took the Cleanser by the leg and transported both of them to the edge of the building, dangling him over the ledge. Without saying a word, he let the man go and simply watched as the screaming human fell to his death. ?In there no one in this world that can provide us with a challenge?? The Shadow sighd to himself. Then he remembered? the spy had escaped. He would have to find Dralik-tuhr and tell him. Someone knew about their plan, and that one would have to be taken care off immediately.

Meanwhile, inside a ruined and abandoned flat, the spy was activating his transmitter.
?Maas? Maas? Are you there? It?s me, Vygrey. I know more or less what these creatures are doing here. You need to speak to me and tell me where you are as soon as you can. I?ll come for you, if you?re alive that is?.. This is urgent.?

Well people, there we have it. A new villain for the story that likes the taste of people's blood. I did say this would turn darker.
Reviews, comments, ideas, insults, etc are all welcome.
(I know this post was made by tomsmiley18. I forgot to log out when I logged in to change the name.)

« Last edited by tomsmiley18 on May 14th 2007 »
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

Pooly Posted: 01:42 May15 2007 Post ID: 1596179
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Great chapter TS that supreme vergal looks like a powerful enemie now to, the next chapter will be great I know it can't wait for the itSmile

ShadowGX Posted: 09:42 May15 2007 Post ID: 1596427
ShadowGX
Post Likes: 1
+
Changin' the name on me made it harder to find. >.<

This new dude reminds me of a couple of my alters. They especially enjoyed this chapter. 'Bout time a ruthless killer emerged!!
Baby I like it.
Cataclysm Posted: 11:03 May15 2007 Post ID: 1596471
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
Many killings shall be ocurring starting now. I hope you all enjoy.

If ever you're looking for my fic, check the sig.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Pooly Posted: 11:15 May15 2007 Post ID: 1596478
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Yay a direct link now, can't wait for next chapterThumbs Up

Cataclysm Posted: 11:46 May15 2007 Post ID: 1596506
Cataclysm
+
Nice to hear that. The next chapter will include more story development.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Pooly Posted: 11:56 May15 2007 Post ID: 1596522
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Yay I'll find out what happens with Maas and that black puss maby, hope I do, and I wonder who this master is that Dralik-Turh is serving.

Cataclysm Posted: 12:12 May15 2007 Post ID: 1596556
Cataclysm
+
Just for future reference, it's Dralik-tuhr, not Dralik-turh.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

ShadowGX Posted: 08:06 May16 2007 Post ID: 1598400
ShadowGX
+
On 15-May-2007 Cataclysm said:Many killings shall be ocurring starting now. I hope you all enjoy.

If ever you're looking for my fic, check the sig.
Blud is gud yes...

You could hyper link the actual text to make it easier for blind folk like me who click at words that aren't hyper linked. >.< Stupidity robs me...
Baby I like it.
Cataclysm Posted: 11:53 May17 2007 Post ID: 1600729
Cataclysm
+
I could.... but I don't know how.

Anyway, here is chapter 10, which was originally about double the length of what you see now. But, instead, I divided it into chapter ten and eleven. (Originally one seven page long chapter. Seven school book pages, and they're bloody long. I write everything in a book before typing it up here.)
As I wasn't saying before, this chapter is mainly focused on story development. No fight scenes. No blood. A lot of story.

Chapter 10: Death and rebirth.

Maas? head was swirling. Everything was off balance. All he could feel was a tremendous pain in his back and neck. That sneaking freak had stabbed him with something strange. But how long ago had that been? Three, four hours? Maas was tired of being rendered helpless every time something happened, he needed to fight back.
He was still lying on the stone table from when The Curer had operated on his mysterious wound. She was now on the other side of the room, talking to a group of hooded figures. Maas opened his eyes and mustered all of his strength to sit up. Though the sting in his spine did not cease, he found he could resist it. The pain in his neck also had no effect on him. But that didn?t matter to him at the moment. What mattered, was knowing exactly what was going on. On the other side of the room, The Curer and her companions still hadn?t noticed that Maas had awoken.
?I operated on the injury and it was as I expected. It was obviously inflicted by a powerful Vergal. The Dragon Lord would be my first guess. Though I don?t know why it only half affected him. His case is not one I have ever seen before. Anyway, he couldn?t even feel it once I had used the serum to open his wounds. Something like that would usually be fatal, and it hasn?t killed him. But as you saw, it has done its damage and left its mark.? The Curer said to the four people surrounding her. Each one had their hood lowered, except The Curer herself. There were three men and a woman. Each with the same horrible, greyish aspect Maas had seen before.
?Yes. We can see what it has done. And the effects cause one question to arise in my mind. What do we do with him? We can?t send him back to the surface society in that state. But he still isn?t one of us.? Replied one of the men. As he finished, the woman began to speak.
?I agree. He would never be accepted now. The surface would reject him and the Vergals would kill him. We are the only ones left.? She joined in. Her voice sounded sympathetic, yet judgemental at the same time. Two men remained to express themselves on the matter. One then spoke up.
?We should wait for The Master to return so that he may tell us what to do. Though I fear that his decision may be somewhat, irrational.? He shrugged, facing The Curer. ?Is there any way you can reverse the operation?s effects?? He asked. All the woman did was sigh and answer him bluntly.
?I am afraid that any experiment we have conducted to reverse the operation?s effects have ended in the subject?s death. Do you think we would all still be hidden here if I had succeeded?? She told them. The room fell silent. Without their Master they were incapable of making decisions. The man that had not spoken previously then saw Maas observing them and smiled weakly.
?I see you are awake then. I trust you overheard our conversation.? He said quietly as he walked over to the stone table and pulled out a wooden stool to sit on next to Maas. ?How are you feeling?? The man asked with the tone of a caring father. Maas merely glared at him and spat on the floor.
?What have you things done to me? And why has nobody told me what is going on yet??
?I can see that we have angered you. Soon, all shall be revealed. The Master is on his way here now. But at the moment, you can speak with me; I am in charge while The Master is not present. My name is Akron.? He explained, extending his arm out to Maas and smiling yet again. ?And you are...??
?I am Maas, and I will not be revealing anything else to anyone except Echizaro. He is the one that saved me before.?
?Echizaro is busy praying at the altar, but I think that you will speak to me. I may be able to answer some of your questions.? Akron smirked. Maas looked him in the eye. This could be the chance for him to finally understand why he was with these things.
?Tell me who, or what you creatures are.?
?I said I could answer some of your questions. These are questions you must ask The Master. Sorry. But if you want, I feel comfortable in explaining what we have done to you.?
?Then explain. What have you done to me??
?First you must answer my question. How are you feeling??
?Curious.? Maas answered in frustration. ?And I want answers.?
?Do you feel any pain??
?Well.... Yes, I do.? He said, raising one eyebrow. The pain in his neck and back then hit him, and raised suspicions in his mind as to why it wasn?t restraining him in any way. ?But it feels so insignificant. I?m putting up with it with ease.?
?Yes. This is one of the upsides to the effects. But, of course, there are downsides.? He said, passing him a small, shattered mirror that sat at his side. Maas stared at his reflection and fell silent. The image facing him was not his own.
The black skin infection that covered the other beings had grown on him also. But not fully. Maas stood up and threw off his robe, leaving him standing in the middle of the room with only his underwear on. His entire back had been mutated into the same, horrific colour as the people next to him, and most of his chest and stomach was also mutilated. The only frontal areas of his body that still remained human had thin veins of darkness sprawled across them. His whole right arm had also been transformed, and his left arm had been mutated down to the elbow area. Both of his legs had also been affected down to his shins on one side. Picking up the mirror he had dropped on the floor previously he looked at his face once again. Almost the entire left hand side was now jet black, and the eye on the same side had lost its colour. His infection was not split down the middle, but stopped just after his left eye and continued across his face in more or less seven twisted lines that reached to his other cheek at most and were then cut off. The lower half of his head was worse. The mutilation had covered his whole mouth and a little more of his face. His neck was also completely infected. Maas observed the veins causing through his wrist. They were no longer the same greenish colour as before. They now had black blood running through them. At that point, Maas lost all feelings of anger and sat back down on the table, staring at the ground.
?Why have you done this to me?? He asked blankly without looking at Akron. The man then rested his hand on Maas? shoulder and sat silent for a few seconds.
?If we had left the wound, it would have infected you completely, turning you into one of them.
?One of them??
?A Vergal. A serious injury from one of those beings can infect a person and take their life. Without treatment that is. Looking at us, and then looking at you... I guess that answers some of your questions.? He said, trying to comfort Maas. The Cleanser looked at Akron and pondered what he was trying to say before coming to a conclusion.
?You all used to be humans, just like me. Does that mean you were all victims of demon attacks??
?Indeed it does. The Master saved the first person here from certain death twenty-four years ago. Unfortunately, there is no stopping these effects, so we needed somewhere to go.?
?And The Master gave you that place??
?Yes. Here. Underground. Beneath the Ublask maintenance lines. People just like us come here from all over the world. There are now thousands of us in hiding.?
?But why does The Master help you? Surely he has a reason.?
?Of course he does. In exchange for keeping us hidden, we help him with his righteous cause.?
?What cause is that??
?Yet another question for The Master himself.? He said rapidly. ?Now come, we shall go search for Echizaro at the altar.?
?Wait... I have another question.? Maas said, grabbing Akron?s arm as he stood up to leave.
?I shall be happy to answer if the question is within reason.?
?Why don?t you use OCBTE to cure people? It?s worked miracles in the city.?
?Do you even know what it is?? Akron mumbled, leaning closer to his ear and whispering. ?Well, do you??
?No, but it?s saved so many lives and....?
?We do not know exactly what it is either. But we have seen its fountain, and it is not good. Oh, and tell me. How many Vergal victims have survived thanks to OCBTE??
?I don?t know. In a year there are barely any attacks. So I have no way of saying.?
?Then I shall tell you. None have ever survived, and you are mistaken. Thousands are attacked each year, and our vigilants only save the minority of them from transformation. Anyone taken to a hospital and treated with OCBTE for a Vergal injury withers away and dies. Then, they become Vergals themselves later on. We do not know why, and we do not question human methods. But now that their cities are under full attack, thousands, perhaps even millions of humans will be killed and shall become Vergals.? He explained darkly, spitting as he spoke.
?I?m not sure whether I believe you or not, but if demons turn other humans into demons, then how come we have never heard of this??
?Because the hospitals bury the victims when they are drained of life and presume they are dead Maas. Later, they rise from the grave as Vergals and kill for their leader.?
?Well that?s news to me.? Maas said, wiping sweat from his forehead. ?But anyway, who is this leader you just spoke of? Is it Dralik-tuhr??
?Perhaps The Master knows, because I do not.... But as I said earlier, we should go and search for Echizaro. Put your cloak back on and make sure you conceal your face. We don?t want to attract too much attention.?
Maas picked the robe up off the floor and did what he was told. He really didn?t want to show his hideous face to anyone anyway. As he got dressed he compared himself to the others around him. Was he one of them? Was he human? Or was he neither? Now completely covered by the robe all he could see were his hands. One normal, and the other totally black. Perhaps he was both. Human and one of them.
As he went to leave the room with Akron and his companions, he turned around to face The Curer.
?I suppose I owe you my thanks.? He said to her in the happiest tone he could manage at the time. Though he was not pleased with his new look, she had saved his life and protected him from the dangers of becoming a full demon.
?You?re welcome.? She answered, touching the mutated side of his face with her hand. ?I?m just sorry that things had to turn out this way for you.? She continued, smiling softly as she spoke. Maas did not reply. He smiled back at the woman and made his way towards the door. She would have been beautiful had she not been scarred by demons. In so little time, they had inflicted so much damage on so many people. Then something hit him in his mind.
?Akron, my mother was killed by a Vergal. If she is treated with OCBTE, will she become one??
One of the men that had remained silent during their conversation answered Maas solemnly.
?Unless a miracle occurs, I can guarantee she will become one of them. But need not worry. After so many Vergal killings they have probably found out about the effects and know what will happen. When was she attacked??
?Yesterday.? Maas replied, becoming quite anxious. ?And she was treated an hour afterwards. They didn?t know the effects at that time. Will they be able to stop her becoming a demon??
?Of course not.? He concluded, as if there was nothing simpler. ?Some time towards the end of this count she will die. And then, on the next count she will be taken to a graveyard and buried. In more or less five counts, she will mutate into a Vergal and escape into the city.? He explained, moving his hands as he spoke. Once had had finished, Maas immediately punched him in the face.
?Do you not have an ounce of sensitivity in you?? Akron said, shaking his head and sighing.
?I am just giving it to him the way it is.? He retorted, holding his bleeding nose. A black liquid was gushing out. ?There?s no use pretending that everything?s okay when it isn?t. But I can understand your pain.? He continued, turning to a broken Maas.
?I guess you have a point.? Akron said, nodding at the now whimpering man, before looking over to Maas. ?Are you willing to come with us, or would you like some time alone??
?I?ll go.? He muttered. ?But tell me this, is there any possible way of saving my other??
?Though it pains me to tell you, there is absolutely no way whatsoever. But anyone that is killed and left with the Vergal is usually carried away. We do not know where to, but we can guarantee that whatever happens is not pleasant.?
?Okay then.? Maas said, giving up hope. ?I?ll go with you to the altar.?
?Good.? Said Akron in relief. ?You have taken this better than I expected. Let us search for Echizaro.... if you?re sure that everything is fine.?
?Of course everything isn?t fine.? Maas suddenly shouted. ?My mother is about to become a horrific beast, and then she will start killing innocent humans. How am I supposed to be fine?? He bellowed, the walls almost trembling under his fury.
?I knew that you weren?t as calm as you seemed. But you must accept this and move on. Even if you were to escape from here you still would not be able to save here. And we wouldn?t let you out anyway. We must await The Master?s decision.? Akron assured him, walking closer to Maas with each word until they both stood face to face. Not wanting to punch the substitute leader of the group that held him captive, he grabbed the man he had hit before by the neck and threw his fist into his face once again, breaking his nose.
?I really don?t care what The Master says.? He said, grinding his teeth. ?I don?t take orders from him. I never have and I never will. Now give me one reason why I shouldn?t leave now and do as I please.? He shouted, raising his arms into a defensive stance of hand to hand combat, ready to fight against them all.
?You don?t know the way out.? Akron sighed. ?That is one reason. And secondly, we have already told you that your mother has no hope whatsoever. She will become a Vergal whether you like it or not.? He said, moving over to the exit and opening the door into the dark, labyrinth passageway outside. ?If you want to leave, then you have my permission. But I can promise you that you will be better off here.?
Maas strode towards the door, glaring at all that surrounded him. But as he left the room and his bare feet touched the cold floor he hung his head and turned back around.
?You?re right. There is no hope.? He mumbled quietly. ?I will go with you, and see what happens. If I can avenge my mother?s death later, then perhaps I can forgive myself for sending her into that hospital.?
?Maybe you can.? Akron nodded. ?Though it was not really your fault, I am glad you see things our way.? He finished before facing the others. ?We shall head for the altar now. Maas here wants to find Echizaro, and in his conditions I really don?t want to deny such a small request. Come.? He ordered, beckoning to them to follow him as he made his way over to where Maas stood in the entrance. ?I would console you, but there is really not much I can say. Let us leave.?
Maas nodded in a silent agreement. But just as the five of them were about to leave, the transmitter inside Maas? old clothes began to ring.
?I believe that is yours.? Akron pointed out. Maas picked up his ripped jacket and took the transmitter out of the pocket. The blue light was flashing, someone had left a message. Maas pressed the button so that he could hear it, and was relieved to hear the voice he heard.
?Maas? Maas? Are you there? It?s me, Vygrey. I know what these creatures are doing here. You need to speak to me and tell me where you are as soon as you can. I?ll come for you. If you?re still alive that is? This is urgent.?
As soon as the voice ended Maas answered. Up until then, he had thought Vygrey dead, killed by Dralik-tuhr.
?Vygrey, it?s me, Maas. I?m alive. Pick up now, you said you needed to speak to me.? Maas blurted out rapidly. He waited a few moments, and there was no answer. Worried, he began to pace across the room until The Curer pointed out that he still had his button pressed on the transmission button.
?Maas, answer!? He heard the moment he let go. ?Are you okay??
?I?m fine.? Maas answered suspiciously. ?Just fine. I thought you were dead.?
?And I thought the same about you once I saw the mess that dragon caused. But I got cleaned up with OCBTE; you did the same didn?t you??
Maas frowned. Having just been told about the effects of Os Cure Bio Technological Energy he was worried for his friend.
?You weren?t injured by Dralik-tuhr were you??
?Hell no. Why, something I should know??
?No time right now Vygrey. What have you found out??
?Oh, okay then. The dragon and another thing had a meeting on the roof of some sector. This other thing looked like a man, but its voice was all freakish and it could transport itself in a flash. Anyway, as I left, a group of our best was about to attack it. So either he has died, or some of ours are dead.?
Maas raised one eyebrow and shook his head before raising the transmitter to his mouth once again.
?Is that all you found out Vygrey? That some people are probably dead and that there?s a new type of demon??
?No, like I said. They had a meeting. They were laughing at us most of the time and mucking around. But they also said something strange, something strange about gathering humans together for a giant sacrifice, to revive something called Verge and their Lord. Any ideas??
?Not right now. I?ll need to meet you somewhere in a couple of days or so. That?s when you can tell me in full detail.?
?Tell me where you are, and I?ll come for you.?
Maas looked at the men and women before him, each of them wishing to stay hidden from society. If he told Vygrey that he was in an unknown place with strange people, he would come searching with nothing less than an army of Cleansers.
?I don?t know where I am Vygrey. And don?t bother looking. I?m still searching for a way out, but I?m not in any danger. Just stay in contact for now.?
?You hiding something Maas?? Vygrey asked. Judging by his voice, he clearly suspected something.
?Of course not. But I really need to go now. Update me later.? He said, and before Vygrey could answer, ended the transmission.
?Thank you for not divulging our location. The fewer humans that know the better. And secondly, I feel we may be able to shed some light on the information your friend just gave you. This ?other? is one of the supreme Vergals along with Dralik-tuhr. Though not as intimidating or powerful as the latter, he is much more dangerous due to his abilities. Which range from teleportation to mind control, along with an array of others. He likes to call himself The Shadow, and I would stay clear of him if I were you. I believe your friend also said something about Verge. This is supposedly the place that the Vergals come from, though we are unable to confirm if it even exists. Finally, we heard him say something about their Lord. On this subject we have next to no information whatsoever. All we know is that he is supposed to be a Vergal of legends. A powerful necromancer and master of black arts. Apart from that, we know nothing else.? Akron explained with a strange motivation.
?He also mentioned a sacrifice. Do you know anything about that?? Maas asked, his interest in the matter extremely high and his curiosity aroused.
?I am afraid not. We have never heard of Vergals sacrificing humans, only brutally murdering them. I am sorry. Though it may have something to do with the Vergals taking humans away now. As I said, they have been carrying dead corpses away now for unknown purposes.?
?Sorry?? Maas said in disbelief. ?Don?t be, I?ve found out enough things today. Enough things to help me with my vengeance anyway. Perhaps we should go to the altar now, before anything else delays us.?
?Indeed you are right. It is not far from here.? Akron shrugged. The five of them then walked out of the door in silence into the pitch black silence that was the the stone labyrinth of the maintenance lines. ?After this, you may be able to meet The Master, Maas. I hope you are ready.?

There we go now, wasn't that long and full of talking? Remember to comment people.

« Last edited by Cataclysm on May 17th 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Cataclysm Posted: 01:36 May21 2007 Post ID: 1608998
Cataclysm
+
On 20-May-2007 shadowoblivion said:Delete this post please..didn't mean to make the post..
I really don't appreciate having my fic spammed up. Stop now.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

ShadowGX Posted: 09:47 May21 2007 Post ID: 1609320
ShadowGX
+
Very long... Hard on my eyes. The only place I can read this is on my PSP. >.<

But yeah, to hyperlink text use the followin': {url=*insert url*}*insert text*{/url}

Replace { with [. I had to use { to show you the format.
Baby I like it.
Cataclysm Posted: 10:34 May21 2007 Post ID: 1609384
Cataclysm
+
Too long perhaps?

Anyway, thanks for that. This may help get a few more readers.

« Last edited by Cataclysm on May 21st 2007 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Pooly Posted: 12:46 May21 2007 Post ID: 1609630
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Great chapter there, can't wait for the next one.

Cataclysm Posted: 14:59 May21 2007 Post ID: 1609809
Cataclysm
+
Some comments would be nice Pooly. You know, theories... thoughts... that sort of thing.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Displaying Page 4 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close