Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Need for Speed Carbon

Discuss police versions of the next NFS hear!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Next
popslinger Posted at: 12:36 Jan21 2007 Post ID: 1310378
popslinger
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Ok as the topic says

I would say, you get to be a bounty hunter and you get to by to cars, A Honda Civic, or a Jeep Grand Chereke(SP). You get to costamize them, performance, Lights, light bars, vinals, Ect...

Add what you wish or talk about it.

Popslinger still rides among you
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Aeon-Flux Posted at: 12:40 Jan21 2007 Post ID: 1310395
Aeon-Flux
Post Likes: 97
+
+
You will probably be able to customize the type of lights you have.
Murcielago Posted at: 14:55 Jan21 2007 Post ID: 1310798
Murcielago
Firing On All 12 Cylinders.
+
+
Okay, I don't get this. Do you choose your car model and fit it out like a cop car?

Murcie is back.
popslinger Posted at: 21:24 Jan21 2007 Post ID: 1311841
popslinger
+
+
Yeah! put the lights where you want it, chose what police logo, ect... I'd also say you could have like wingman as police to help you out. As you progress through the game, you can unlock like corvetts, Lambos, and more. Along with trucks for ramming, like Ford F-350' chevy silverado, ect...

« Last edited by popslinger on Jan 21st 2007 »

DriftXC Posted at: 22:03 Jan21 2007 Post ID: 1311887
DriftXC
Forum GuestMember
+
+
You could have two different styles of play.

Style one: You are a bounty hunter working with Cross etc, busting rides by challanging them or getting their plate and marking it. Using either marked or unmarked cars.

Style Two: Pulled in from Silverton after getting busted in a massive chase (insert cool chase video) you are given a choice to work for the man (is this sounding too much like 2Fast 2 Furious?) or go to jail.
Naturally we choose driving for the man and you infiltrate a local gang.

Style 1 can be intergrated into style two but not the other way around.

Style 1 would be like the challenge series and 2 would be the actual game.

Starting with typical crap cars (Masda MX5,VW Golf,Ford Focus)upgrading and unocking new parts and cars and occasionally doing night runs in HI Perf cars for the man as well.(To give you a taste of what is to come.)

Tide turns when someone sees you bust an upper Teir gang boss and could then change to all out. Evade the gangs, change your car, work for the cops.
What would be very interesting is if you could go rogue. Steal cops cars and the like, fake bust gangs to take their money(oh geesh now im going all GTA)
Well its all possible.
383 Clevo. Lazy HP with silly results!
Murcielago Posted at: 00:34 Jan22 2007 Post ID: 1312021
Murcielago
+
+
I still don't really understand. Do you like, choose a starting cop car, get a wingman and a rhino unit, and then work your way up?

Murcie is back.
yossy666 Posted at: 01:48 Jan22 2007 Post ID: 1312050
yossy666
+
+
Drift XC, you should propose that game idea to EA, you really should, I would buy that. That could become a class A game man.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
DriftXC Posted at: 04:17 Jan22 2007 Post ID: 1312075
DriftXC
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Thanks yossy but its really just what we would like to do in the game. BTW EA monitors forums and the like for ideas on upcoming projects as do a lot of game developers. How do you think halflife came about?

As for Murc, i guess you would start out as either patrol or something.
As you bring down gang members you get points or XP that goes toward promotions or unlocks units, cars and parts. If you could decide where it was dedicated to that would make the game very interesting. You may have a slow cop car or undercover car but can call in the helicopter or other units, maybe rhinos spike traps or even Cross!

The idea and therefore the game could go in so many directios that it would make for a very long game. you could choose to upgrade cars but have no backup, or have backup but no decent cars. Means the game itself would be much more prolonged ad also makes way for add ons/expansions.

But imagine if you had two versions of the game. One like carbon and the other as the police or bounty hunter. You buy one or the other. Imagine the online potential, the baddest gangs vs the roughest cops.
Makes me wish i studied programming and not a trade.
popslinger Posted at: 07:23 Jan22 2007 Post ID: 1312160
popslinger
+
+
Yeah. DritXC, you have good ideas.

I'll add. When you are cruzing, you may see racer, so go and bust em'. And if you get to coky with the gangs, they may send there own guys after you.

When you could be chasing the boss, you gotta look out for his boys. They try to slow youw and you units down so he can get away.

So yeah, you can cruzi and look for people to bust, or go a take the boss.

ALs, you can give tikets to normal drivers for like speeding, reckless driving, ect... And you have a radar gun to tell if ther speeding.

LTD Crown Victoria Posted at: 14:36 Jan22 2007 Post ID: 1312718
LTD Crown Victoria
+
+
Drift, that sounds awwesome!! I like the idea of ticketing normal drivers and driving police trucks too Popslinger. I'd like a Ford LTD Crown Victoria cop car like my sig image =) A ford E550 van would be heavy hitter, along with a Ford F450 XLT super-duty. I would also like a 1986 Chevy silverado 4x4 in case the guy or guys you're chasing decide to try 4-wheeling.
So far, I am loving what I'm seeing

« Last edited by LTD Crown Victoria on Feb 22nd 2007 »
My all-time favorite full-size sedan, the LTD Crown Victoria! This one's an 1989. Why don't they put good old beasties like these in the NFS games? Good ol' 390 Cleveland V8 power! Don't ya dig the flames?
popslinger Posted at: 20:00 Jan22 2007 Post ID: 1313413
popslinger
+
+
I am to. I hope this game gomes out.

Aeon-Flux Posted at: 23:19 Jan22 2007 Post ID: 1313639
Aeon-Flux
Post Likes: 97
+
+
Pimpin' the police cars out, choosing from Corvette's to Skyline's, that would be great.
DriftXC Posted at: 14:20 Jan23 2007 Post ID: 1314063
DriftXC
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Now all we need is for EA to drop in......

Since carbon is "supposed" to be the last NFS, maybe they will see where their original idea has gone and what it could become.

Now what if you had bounty hunters as your wingman? Like cross, maybe GT40 chic or others?

Here is another very amusing thought. Why not buy out small gang members and use them as informants on upcoming races where gang bosses could be busted or where large busts could take place?

The more i think the more i could write the entire plot of the game. Hmmmm.. Actaully give me a few days, maybe a week and i will post a concept or link to it.Based on what we discussed right here!
Murcielago Posted at: 14:25 Jan23 2007 Post ID: 1314071
Murcielago
+
+
Sounds pretty cool, XC. Still don't have any ideas...Although cop bikes would be cool.

Murcie is back.
LTD Crown Victoria Posted at: 14:27 Jan23 2007 Post ID: 1314077
LTD Crown Victoria
+
+
Haha buying out small gang members to back-stab the leaders? Amazing. Imagine the look on the leader's face when he's arrested! "Homie, how could you!!?"
lol

I agree with Yossy about buying this game. I'd reserve a copy! Maybe there could be a collecter's edition with special cars, like The Ghostbuster's ECTO-1, Pursuit Limo's, etc. BE sure to have both old AND new cars to be police vehicles. I would love a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 cop car. Lots of get up and go acceleration! Also be able to save pursuit replays, take pictures of all your famous arrests, etc. Maybe there should be a blacklist in which u work ur way up. The higher you go, the more dangerous and reckless your targets are!

« Last edited by LTD Crown Victoria on Feb 14th 2007 »
My all-time favorite full-size sedan, the LTD Crown Victoria! This one's an 1989. Why don't they put good old beasties like these in the NFS games? Good ol' 390 Cleveland V8 power! Don't ya dig the flames?
tomass-hole Posted at: 15:29 Jan23 2007 Post ID: 1314208
tomass-hole
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It could be like Mad Max,
Or starsky and hutch.
Undercover squadies.
That sounds good.
Sig Removed and Locked
LTD Crown Victoria Posted at: 17:19 Jan23 2007 Post ID: 1314526
LTD Crown Victoria
+
+
Well Starsky And Hutch sucked cuz it had the "viewer rating" thing. If it didn't have that, I would like the game a lot more. I liked the movie however. I really would like to see this whole idea published & released.

« Last edited by LTD Crown Victoria on Feb 22nd 2007 »
Murcielago Posted at: 20:33 Jan23 2007 Post ID: 1315115
Murcielago
+
+
I'd like a Buell Firebolt XB12R Cop Bike, or a Suzuki GSX-R of some sort, stuff like that.

GSX-R
http://www.lerepairedesmota...00b_.jpg

Buell
http://www.automotiverhythm..._4lg.jpg

« Last edited by Murcielago on Jan 23rd 2007 »

Murcie is back.
popslinger Posted at: 20:59 Jan23 2007 Post ID: 1315145
popslinger
+
+
This is all so cool. Smile

DriftXC Posted at: 02:51 Jan24 2007 Post ID: 1315314
DriftXC
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 23-Jan-2007 tomass-hole said:It could be like Mad Max,
Or starsky and hutch.
Undercover squadies.
That sounds good.
I could really run with the mad max idea... The ultimate bounty hunter. I guess it is coincidence that we drive the same car, except mine has more "horses th bonnit maxie!" than mad max interceptor.

Unlocking the Mad Max Interceptor would be cool. Old school muscle.
What do you guys think of a plot twist right in the middle of the game that you actually choose which way to go as opposed to the video footage explaining to you what happens?

Imagine climbing the ranks then a twist of fate, you take out a boss too early and he takes out your main wingman or game family.
All of the sudden you have a good cop, bad cop scenario where you can be starsky or max. Give me the XC Falcon over the Ford Torino any day!!!!

You could go rogue then, taking out cops and gangs alike. finding out where the leak or info came from only to find that it was your commanding officer!? (C'mon you've seen LA Confidential?) Then you have to link the crime to him and its in the hands of "insert weird name" boss who heavily guarded by car gangs and bike ( Thanks for the idea) gangs as well.
Out come the big guns, Hummers with NOS, Silverados, Big A@@ 4X4s.(lucky you unlocked the 4x4 backup) And your new wingman turns up in a monster truck!!!!!

Wow i watch way too many movies.. your thoughts?

Displaying Page 1 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close