Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Gold

Everything One Needs to Know About Alt. Color (Shiny) Pokemon.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

dark_wolf_33 Posted at: 21:38 Feb06 2007 Post ID: 1347404
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
+
A Shiny Pok�mon is an alternately colored variant of a Pok�mon. They can be caught in any Pok�mon RPG from Gold and Silver onwards, though the probability of catching or finding one is 1 in 8192. The one major exception to this rule is the shiny Red Gyarados present in the Lake of Rage in all versions of the Pok�mon Gold, Silver, and Crystal games. The term "shiny Pok�mon" is not officially acknowledged in English media (although it seems to be a widely-used slang term in Japan; Ken Sugimori uses it in the title of a piece of artwork featuring a shiny Charizard), but "Alt. Color" (rUD, irochigai?) does appear among the options the player can choose filling out forms in the third generation of games.

Since first-generation games do not recognize shiny Pok�mon, there is no distinction unless the Pok�mon is traded to a later version.

Shiny Pok�mon are not necessarily better than regular Pok�mon, but in the metal generation games, they have a 10 (in 0-15 range) gene in Defense, Speed and Special. The Attack gene is either 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, or 15. ([8/16]*[1/16]^3 = 1/8192 probability.) In the GBA generation, however, "shininess" is not determined by the genes, but by another value and are effectively the same as any other Pok�mon in battle. Most shiny Pok�mon are considered to be collectors' items in the games since they are so rare.

In the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald versions you can still catch a shiny Pok�mon with the same odds (there are also shiny Pok�mon in the FireRed and LeafGreen Versions). However, shiny Pok�mon do not have different stats from normal Pok�mon. Shiny Zigzagoon were given out from GameStop and EB Games in July 2004. Also, in FireRed and LeafGreen, some Pok�mon have been preset to appear as their alternate color counterparts in the Trainer Tower. However, since they are under the control of your opponent, they are non-obtainable.

The term "shiny" is not explicitly stated in the metal generation games, and it is in fact a term invented by the Pok�mon fan community due to the flash of stars appearing as the Pok�mon enters a battle, unintentionally implying a sheen or crystalline property to the colors of the Pok�mon. This minor animation was originally intended so that one could identify a Pok�mon was shiny even if playing Gold and Silver on a monochrome Game Boy.

In the advanced generation of Pok�mon games, there are several methods of getting Shiny Pok�mon other than the dismal chance normally presented. The most obvious one is to catch the Red Gyarados that appears in the Lake of Rage.

Another, more complex trick involves trading the Red Gyarados to a Red or Blue version, teaching it the Mimic TM, and trading it back. Then, using the move deleter in Blackthorn City, the player deletes all the moves except Mimic. Then, the Gyarados is traded back to the Red or Blue version and battles a Ditto. Battling the Ditto, the Gyarados uses Mimic after Ditto uses Transform. Gyarados can then use Transform. It then transforms into Ditto, after which Ditto transforms into the transformed Gyarados. After that, the player catches the Ditto, which will be shiny when traded to Gold, Silver, or Crystal.

Another, even more complex trick involves restarting the game; it does not always work, so it is dangerous to do. The player takes the name ??w?x?y (case sensitive), then uses a combination of the Missingno. trick and the aforementioned Shiny Ditto trick. Before doing this, the player must look at a Pok�dex entry for Ditto. Once this is done, the Shiny Ditto trick can be used on a level 230 Missingno., which will only know Transform. The Missingno. must be level 230 for this to work. When the Missingno. is caught, it will have the DVs of a shiny pokemon. When traded to a Gold or Silver version, if the game allows it (sometimes it may say the Missigno. is unusual and cannot be traded) it will be a Shiny Pok�mon. If the "ghost" form of Missingno. is traded properly, it becomes a Shiny Lugia.

These were excerpts taken from Wikipedia.org.

A Shiny Lugia doesn't sound so bad, does it?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ShadowGX Posted at: 17:59 Feb13 2007 Post ID: 1365897
ShadowGX
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Interesting info. A lot to go through though. O.o
Baby I like it.
Lugia-Dude Posted at: 15:57 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1376599
Lugia-Dude
Post Likes: 0
+
+
yes alot make it shorter i feel like i am in school
[color=blue]
^ Master Vothawk
Help Me Figure Out A New Name!!
dark_wolf_33 Posted at: 23:46 Feb20 2007 Post ID: 1385289
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
+
Lol, pretty much, you have a 1 in 8192 chance of finding a shiny Pokemon.
steelersrock01 Posted at: 06:59 Feb25 2007 Post ID: 1397083
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
+
yea its really hard.
steelersrock01 Posted at: 15:48 Feb26 2007 Post ID: 1401250
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
+
On 06-Feb-2007 dark_wolf_33 said:A Shiny Pok�mon is an alternately colored variant of a Pok�mon. They can be caught in any Pok�mon RPG from Gold and Silver onwards, though the probability of catching or finding one is 1 in 8192. The one major exception to this rule is the shiny Red Gyarados present in the Lake of Rage in all versions of the Pok�mon Gold, Silver, and Crystal games. The term "shiny Pok�mon" is not officially acknowledged in English media (although it seems to be a widely-used slang term in Japan; Ken Sugimori uses it in the title of a piece of artwork featuring a shiny Charizard), but "Alt. Color" (rUD, irochigai?) does appear among the options the player can choose filling out forms in the third generation of games.

Since first-generation games do not recognize shiny Pok�mon, there is no distinction unless the Pok�mon is traded to a later version.

Shiny Pok�mon are not necessarily better than regular Pok�mon, but in the metal generation games, they have a 10 (in 0-15 range) gene in Defense, Speed and Special. The Attack gene is either 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, or 15. ([8/16]*[1/16]^3 = 1/8192 probability.) In the GBA generation, however, "shininess" is not determined by the genes, but by another value and are effectively the same as any other Pok�mon in battle. Most shiny Pok�mon are considered to be collectors' items in the games since they are so rare.

In the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald versions you can still catch a shiny Pok�mon with the same odds (there are also shiny Pok�mon in the FireRed and LeafGreen Versions). However, shiny Pok�mon do not have different stats from normal Pok�mon. Shiny Zigzagoon were given out from GameStop and EB Games in July 2004. Also, in FireRed and LeafGreen, some Pok�mon have been preset to appear as their alternate color counterparts in the Trainer Tower. However, since they are under the control of your opponent, they are non-obtainable.

The term "shiny" is not explicitly stated in the metal generation games, and it is in fact a term invented by the Pok�mon fan community due to the flash of stars appearing as the Pok�mon enters a battle, unintentionally implying a sheen or crystalline property to the colors of the Pok�mon. This minor animation was originally intended so that one could identify a Pok�mon was shiny even if playing Gold and Silver on a monochrome Game Boy.

In the advanced generation of Pok�mon games, there are several methods of getting Shiny Pok�mon other than the dismal chance normally presented. The most obvious one is to catch the Red Gyarados that appears in the Lake of Rage.

Another, more complex trick involves trading the Red Gyarados to a Red or Blue version, teaching it the Mimic TM, and trading it back. Then, using the move deleter in Blackthorn City, the player deletes all the moves except Mimic. Then, the Gyarados is traded back to the Red or Blue version and battles a Ditto. Battling the Ditto, the Gyarados uses Mimic after Ditto uses Transform. Gyarados can then use Transform. It then transforms into Ditto, after which Ditto transforms into the transformed Gyarados. After that, the player catches the Ditto, which will be shiny when traded to Gold, Silver, or Crystal.

Another, even more complex trick involves restarting the game; it does not always work, so it is dangerous to do. The player takes the name ??w?x?y (case sensitive), then uses a combination of the Missingno. trick and the aforementioned Shiny Ditto trick. Before doing this, the player must look at a Pok�dex entry for Ditto. Once this is done, the Shiny Ditto trick can be used on a level 230 Missingno., which will only know Transform. The Missingno. must be level 230 for this to work. When the Missingno. is caught, it will have the DVs of a shiny pokemon. When traded to a Gold or Silver version, if the game allows it (sometimes it may say the Missigno. is unusual and cannot be traded) it will be a Shiny Pok�mon. If the "ghost" form of Missingno. is traded properly, it becomes a Shiny Lugia.

These were excerpts taken from Wikipedia.org.

A Shiny Lugia doesn't sound so bad, does it?
Did we really need the info?
AtreyuRocks Posted at: 09:36 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670770
AtreyuRocks
+
+
i once had a shiny unown but i dont no wat happened to it and my game restarted
EcoTerror Posted at: 20:08 Jul17 2007 Post ID: 1755207
EcoTerror
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I have a Shiny Tentacool Smile
And a Shiny Sneasle Which in my opinion are both useless....

« Last edited by EcoTerror on Jul 17th 2007 »
EcoTerror Posted at: 22:56 Jul17 2007 Post ID: 1755615
EcoTerror
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ok wierdest thing ever...
I came into black thorn city just as usual...
went to the pokemon centre.
but it didnt make the normal noise it made some funny scratchy noise i took no notice...
went down to the grass to train.
i thaught it froze so i just put my game boy down and went upstairs.
i came back down and i could here the battle music.
so i came over to my gameboy and i was in a battle.
so i thaught maybe it unfroze so i looked at what i was fighting.
Bright Orange Geodude so i obviously snagged it.
I dont know if any of the other stuff had anything to do with that but...
Ahh well...
So thats...
Red Gyarados
Green Tentacool
Purple Snesle
Orange Geodude

Smile

« Last edited by EcoTerror on Jul 17th 2007 »
100 KING Posted at: 16:41 Jul29 2007 Post ID: 1787711
100 KING
Forum GuestMember
+
+
lol. thats so good info. lol
It was Fun

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close