Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Gran Turismo 4

Formula car

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Stunts Posted at: 22:49 Apr20 2005 Post ID: 136900
Stunts
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
What's the best way to make the Formula car as fast as it will go?

I've messed with the gears for hours trying to get the best ratios and the best I can come up with is... Top speed 215mph with out drafting anyone and 248mph during a draft.
Right now I'm racing the formula GT world championship, race #6 (circuit de la sarthe 1) for some reason I can't beat this in A-spec, I keep screwing up. I tried it in B-spec and I keep coming in last.

In B-spec do the numbers on the top really do anything (slow, cruise, fast, push) because if I just keep in on 4(fast) and keep it on pass, the game automatically slows and speeds up. So, I think the numbers on the top are just for show.

Back to my first question. Gear ratios for Formula??
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
A T B Posted at: 07:59 Apr23 2005 Post ID: 139045
A T B
Forum GuestMember
+
+
it's not just the gears, try putting the downforce a little bit less. your lose some of the grip, but get faster top end speed, but if you fiddle with it a bit you should get used to it
Stunts Posted at: 22:32 Apr23 2005 Post ID: 139908
Stunts
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On what the front, back or both?
Jamaquack27 Posted at: 07:34 Apr24 2005 Post ID: 140218
Jamaquack27
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The numbers arent for show because if you push hard you crash alot more tan going medium pace
Look big daddy it's regular daddy
Stunts Posted at: 22:58 Apr24 2005 Post ID: 141358
Stunts
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Are your points more likely to go up faster if you move the numbers around in B-spec?
Say when going down a straight away put it on "push" or "fast" then when you come to a big turn move it to "medium" or "slow down".
shakps2gt4 Posted at: 03:30 Apr25 2005 Post ID: 141516
shakps2gt4
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I think it's not possible for an F1 car to go faster than the Sauber Mercedes or the Minolta Toyota on the Test Course.
shakps2gt4 Posted at: 03:32 Apr25 2005 Post ID: 141517
shakps2gt4
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Oh, yeah, I also tried the downforce. I couldn't get it to work.
shakps2gt4 Posted at: 03:33 Apr25 2005 Post ID: 141518
shakps2gt4
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Besides, the tire wear just kills you.
Jamaquack27 Posted at: 04:46 Apr25 2005 Post ID: 141540
Jamaquack27
Forum GuestMember
+
+
on the test course (BIG OVAL) i was winning then all of a sudden my car just loses controls and goes crazy (formula GT car)
Jamaquack27 Posted at: 04:50 Apr25 2005 Post ID: 141543
Jamaquack27
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Its because the GT car is so light and its got hardly any traction wen its going really fast
A T B Posted at: 03:21 May04 2005 Post ID: 151780
A T B
Forum GuestMember
+
+
a little of both. if you do the front only your car will start to under steer and the car will go off the outside of the corner, as for the back it will over steer and the backend of the car will slide out more.
shakps2gt4 Posted at: 19:13 May05 2005 Post ID: 153198
shakps2gt4
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 20-Apr-2005 Stunts said:What's the best way to make the Formula car as fast as it will go?

I've messed with the gears for hours trying to get the best ratios and the best I can come up with is... Top speed 215mph with out drafting anyone and 248mph during a draft.
Right now I'm racing the formula GT world championship, race #6 (circuit de la sarthe 1) for some reason I can't beat this in A-spec, I keep screwing up. I tried it in B-spec and I keep coming in last.

In B-spec do the numbers on the top really do anything (slow, cruise, fast, push) because if I just keep in on 4(fast) and keep it on pass, the game automatically slows and speeds up. So, I think the numbers on the top are just for show.

Back to my first question. Gear ratios for Formula??
This is what I did with my F1 car and it worked on Sathe:
- I didn't change any setup except for the suspension auto gear. I
set it at '24' because Sarthe has long straights. If you have
changed all the setups, I hope you know what the original default
settings were. Or, you can and win another F1 car and start fresh.
- I put it on B-Spec for the 24-hr, then at '5 Overtake', but you
have to switch over to '3 Overtake' just before the right turn at
the bottom of the track on the track map. The car will make
another quick right turn, and comes a long straight. Then, a left
turn, and another right turn. Then, change it to '5 Overtake'
- Another strategy you might want to give a try is to put it on '3
Overtake' all the way and switch over to '5 Overtake' on long
straights. You can try these strategies and monitor the lap times
and see which strategy works best for you. Once you figure out the
best strategy and the fastest lap time, you may not need to keep
switching.

The numbers on the top do matter on B-Spec, and you have to know how to use the strategy for the car to win the race.

Oh, and as far as the setup that will make the F1 car go up to 250 MPH, forget about it. I think it's not possible because F1 cars are NOT designed to go that fast to begin with. F1 cars are good for making quick turns and short straights but not good for super ovals like the Test Course. Sauber Mercedes or Minolta Toyota are much better at it. I just skipped the Test Course. And I only had to win 9 races to win the championship. Not too bad.

Lastly, if you really want to work with the elaborate F1 setups, there is some help on the IGN GT4 website. Have fun.
Mr.Sparkle Posted at: 07:34 May06 2005 Post ID: 153517
Mr.Sparkle
Forum GuestMember
+
+
going there now
thanks
Life Begins At 170MPH!!! OR sideways!!!!!!
Either way is good
teembyrd Posted at: 13:53 May11 2005 Post ID: 159054
teembyrd
Forum GuestMember
+
+
For you guys that can't stand the LONG, LONG races you must go through on the "championships", keep this in mind: You only have to have MORE POINTS than your contenders to win.
Example: A 10 race championship REALLY only requires you to come in 1st on 6 or 7 of the tracks. This way you now have 60 or 70 points (10 points per win). The 2nd place car can only get 6 points. 6 x 7 is 42. If you have 70 points after 7 championship races, you can virtually quit the last 3 races & still win and MOST IMPORTANTLY, still get your winning car. Remember to go into each race (like you're about to race it) but hit pause while counting down,then quit. You get ZERO for the quit BUT the 2nd place car can only have 42 + the new 10 points totaling 52. You still have 70, see what I mean? Do the math.......I've had to race as little as 6 tracks and STILL WON the championship-being that 2nd place car usually WON'T win every race. Great addition to GT4, it auto saves your progress in case you accidentally quit the whole tournament/chamionship.
"You don't know what you know until you know what you don't know".
'TeemByrd'
shakps2gt4 Posted at: 23:14 May11 2005 Post ID: 159923
shakps2gt4
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Good point. I would add one more thing. The 2nd place car will get only 6 points instead of 10, IF you start the race and get to the front of the pack and pause and quit. This strategy will allow you to win the championship with the least number of races you have to race. If you want to take this strategy one step further, you could even bump the 2nd place car into the sand area or into the pit area and then get to the front of the group and pause and quit. This way, 3rd or 4th place car will get the 6 points.
mattybgood67 Posted at: 21:30 May17 2005 Post ID: 165399
mattybgood67
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 11-May-2005 teembyrd said:For you guys that can't stand the LONG, LONG races you must go through on the "championships", keep this in mind: You only have to have MORE POINTS than your contenders to win.
Example: A 10 race championship REALLY only requires you to come in 1st on 6 or 7 of the tracks. This way you now have 60 or 70 points (10 points per win). The 2nd place car can only get 6 points. 6 x 7 is 42. If you have 70 points after 7 championship races, you can virtually quit the last 3 races & still win and MOST IMPORTANTLY, still get your winning car. Remember to go into each race (like you're about to race it) but hit pause while counting down,then quit. You get ZERO for the quit BUT the 2nd place car can only have 42 + the new 10 points totaling 52. You still have 70, see what I mean? Do the math.......I've had to race as little as 6 tracks and STILL WON the championship-being that 2nd place car usually WON'T win every race. Great addition to GT4, it auto saves your progress in case you accidentally quit the whole tournament/chamionship.
good advice for those who are only interested in winning the car, but the problem with doing this is it affects your percentage..! if % is important you must go back later and do these races that you don't win, as a single race ( not in a championship )and get gold (win)this will improve your %..!
hemidart Posted at: 19:28 Jun23 2005 Post ID: 219928
hemidart
Forum GuestMember
+
+
may also want to set toe angles and camber to "0"
robdog Posted at: 17:47 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270999
robdog
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Is there any way to tune the F1 car? I haven't gone to every manufacturer yet to try to find out if it's possible, but there must be a some way to increase hp.
A very good friend Posted at: 11:13 Aug20 2005 Post ID: 354726
A very good friend
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hey the numbers arent for show why i keep it on fast on b spec and completed that nurburgring level 24 HOURS I was going to school eating and sleeping
A very good friend Posted at: 11:16 Aug20 2005 Post ID: 354734
A very good friend
Forum GuestMember
+
+
But you can draft him or you can play like my cheatin cousin wait till my tire wear goes critacal then bump me but trust me he got many hickys doin dat
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close