Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

How the Annihilator Beam got it's name...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:35 Apr22 2005 Post ID: 138365
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
The Annihilator Beam was not called that because it Annihilates enemies...

You see, Light and Dark are known to be exact opposite of each other, yet still with the same energy group. Well, turns out that Light and Dark are matter and antimatter, Light being the matter, Dark being the antimatter. Now, when you put matter and antimatter together... the combined forces go through what's called annihilation. The two energies then destroy each other and create a new force.

You know how Electrons are negative? Well, Electrons have a positive side, too- Positrons. Put them together, and you get a new element through annihilation...

So that is how the Annihilator Beam came about, since it's shots are composed of a mixture of Light and Dark...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
sheiny Posted at: 15:56 Apr23 2005 Post ID: 139602
sheiny
+
+
WOW - cool - I didn't know that and it makes sense too - where did you get that info from?
[center]HERE TO ANSWER YOUR GAMING QUESTIONS & HELP YOU BEAT THOSE GAMES!
[color=red][b]2,000+ POINTS & ALWAYS GROWING!!![/color]
I FINALLY GOT MY WII & WII LOVE IT!!!!![/b][/center]
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 12:58 Apr24 2005 Post ID: 140932
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I got that info from an encyclopedia... I didn't spend to much time on my above explanation, so it's not precise, but it states the basic reason why the Annihilator is called that.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Cez Posted at: 13:43 Apr28 2005 Post ID: 144589
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I like to think it's called the Annihilator Beam for two reasons: it sounds cool, and it anihilates everything. But your explanation is better and more confusing, so I'll go with it. Can I just make one comment? You think too much, mate.
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:22 Apr29 2005 Post ID: 145802
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I have discovered so much about antimatter now that I can write as much as 5 times more than my above explanation, my Postulus Primus.

masterofrevenge Posted at: 20:09 May05 2005 Post ID: 153254
masterofrevenge
Forum GuestMember
+
+
My teacher said that light isnt made of matter. But what does he know. Besides if light isnt matter than what is it? It cant be nothing either.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:30 May06 2005 Post ID: 153864
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
What our teachers don't tell us is that there are NOT just 3 states of matter- solid, liquid, and gas. They don't tell us that there is fourth state called plasma, which is where fire and light fit in.

Cez Posted at: 10:12 May12 2005 Post ID: 160127
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Plasma rocks. I saw a TV show once where they put a toothpick in a microwave oven, and it started shooting plasma. Totally buggered up the oven, of course, but it was still cool.
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:30 May12 2005 Post ID: 160421
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Think that can really happen? Doubtfully so, a toothpick is a mere piece of wood crafted into a little 2-inch stick... applying heat from a microwave won't cause it to blast plasma, of course.

Cez Posted at: 03:16 May13 2005 Post ID: 160789
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It did happen, mate. You may not believe it, but it did.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 13:51 May16 2005 Post ID: 163986
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Myabe it has to do with that thin layer of wax that is applied to it? I'll try it when I go upstairs again.

gabrieln Posted at: 13:58 Sep05 2005 Post ID: 391257
gabrieln
Forum GuestMember
+
+
strange...........so dark samus was a clone made by metroid prime..........
i''l tear your fleat apart ship by ship and blast you with anything i find
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:59 Sep14 2005 Post ID: 411008
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Yes. If you have beaten Metroid Prime, you would have seen at the end that Metroid Prime, the final boss, senses the Phazon in your Phazon Suit and lashes out at it, and in the process of absorbing the Phazon it takes your DNA as well. Now, if you beat the game 100%, you should see at the very end a large black hand with an eye on the back of it reach out of the crater. Of course, Dark Samus's left hand is black and has an eye on it- connection, of course.

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close