Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NOTICE: ?Friends? accounts? and account abuse

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Cross Stinger Posted: 19:25 Mar20 2007 Post ID: 1451718
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
This is something I believe should be made clear to you so as to reduce the number of cases in which innocent members get blown out when one guilty member is banned.

Because we've had cases in which members claim that their friends spammed up the forums on their computer, a few things need to be addressed:

? Do NOT let ANYONE use their account on your computer unless you know that they will post in line with the rules, even if they have no access to the Internet at home. The same IP will register for the offending posts, and the computer may be banned, prohibiting you from accessing your own account. We will take up complaints and work to resolve the situation for you if this happens, but it is strongly advised that you take this precaution.

? Likewise, post from a hotspot, library or school as little as possible. Schools, libraries, and hotspots most likely will have to go through a proxy to get outbound, causing several computers on the network to register the same IP address here even though their IPs within the network may be different. As far as I know, we do not have the ability to ban a single computer on a private network from posting, and the situation is nearly impossible to resolve if you are posting from a public hotspot (such as a caf� or train). In the case of schools, there is the added possibility that hits to the site will be recorded by the firewall and used to possibly prohibit access (there are laws in the United States, presented primarily by the Children's Internet Privacy Protection Act (1999) and the No Child Left Behind Act (2001) that require public schools to do this).

? Do not entrust anyone, except perhaps a parent or guardian, with your account credentials.

Although we will do our best to verify and resolve any issues arising from the aforementioned issues, we will not be held responsible for any damages incurred from abuse of third-party accounts arising from such matters.

Thank you.

« Last edited by Cross Stinger on Mar 20th 2007 »
johnkrill Posted: 19:39 Mar20 2007 Post ID: 1451774
johnkrill
Post Likes: 2
+
I have a bit of a question. I'm not sure if it affects anything, but the computer I originally set up this account with, and the computer I currently use are two comepletely different computers. What'd happen if I made a new account? Would the IP's match?

Sig and Avy made my me!!!
Brawl FC is 3394-4531-4018
Cross Stinger Posted: 20:59 Mar20 2007 Post ID: 1452034
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
+
If you made a new account on the computer you're using now, it would bear that IP in its records.
johnkrill Posted: 21:02 Mar20 2007 Post ID: 1452038
johnkrill
+
What I mean is, the account I am using would have a different IP than my computer's IP? And if so, is that going to cause problems?

king_jamie56 Posted: 01:15 Mar21 2007 Post ID: 1452142
king_jamie56
Not a Nightmare Penguin
Post Likes: 0
+
If the computer is using the same interent connection (or network) the IP address will still be the same, so, i don't think it'cause problems...

Brawl FC: 1891-2896-6944
Rich's first ever Super Smash Bros Brawl Wi-Fi Opponent
johnkrill Posted: 06:47 Mar21 2007 Post ID: 1452239
johnkrill
+
They are using different internet connections...

Also, I don't mean causing physical problems, I mean causing problems fr the Admins.

Cross Stinger Posted: 20:11 Mar21 2007 Post ID: 1453916
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
+
To clear this up: If you make a post on one computer and another person with a different account makes a post on the same computer, both posts and, therefore, accounts will have the same IP tied to them.
ShadowGX Posted: 10:24 Mar22 2007 Post ID: 1454311
ShadowGX
Post Likes: 1
+
I use my school's computers on a regular basis... Luckily (that I know of) there's no one here that does SC besides me. There was a problem in the past though where one of my friends decided to screw up an' get the school banned... It's fine now though.

I get a lot of time here. I can't just cut it out. =\

Edit: I've also not had problems with them auto-blockin' SC either. The firewalls here are so easy to get by anyways... They did have SC banned for a bit, then all of a sudden not. O.o

« Last edited by ShadowGX on Mar 22nd 2007 »
Baby I like it.
Seos san Nekros Posted: 14:47 Mar22 2007 Post ID: 1454695
Seos san Nekros
Post Likes: 0
+
Note: Your momma 13 has been banned, post deleted.
[center]
[color=silver]
Thanks to V-Gamer for awesome sig and avy.
[url=http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/oo256/SeossanNekros/][color=silver]Gifts and such. Thanks guys. =D[/url]
[url=http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=97843][size=13][color=silver]Short Story - Haunted[/url]
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 8

Post Top
Click to close