Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

The Skeleton Key is the best item EVER.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Brandon 2006 Posted at: 09:14 Apr01 2007 Post ID: 1479081
Brandon 2006
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I can't imagine trying to do any of the thieves guild quests without this remarkable item. I sucked at picking locks so this item works wonders for me and saves me tons of money on those lock picks. I love being able to get into any chest, door, case, etc that I want. Anybody else here love this item as much as I do?

^Created by Austinanymous

[email protected]
^add me on msn
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
X360 Gamer93 Posted at: 09:55 Apr01 2007 Post ID: 1479178
X360 Gamer93
+
+
Oh yes, I love it too. Sad thing is, I never found out about it until after I finished the thieves guild!

"To those who claim they will die for their country...
What the %#($ is wrong with you!?
Make the enemy die for theirs!"
Al-Khabir Posted at: 14:43 Apr01 2007 Post ID: 1479828
Al-Khabir
+
+
The thing is that it's too good. Infinate picks is far too useful and ruins the game slightly. In Morrowind it was just the highest grade of lockpick and, though having a high quality, did run out. The was only one as well.
jeanie72 Posted at: 23:20 Apr04 2007 Post ID: 1490300
jeanie72
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 01-Apr-2007 Al-Khabir said:The thing is that it's too good. Infinate picks is far too useful and ruins the game slightly. In Morrowind it was just the highest grade of lockpick and, though having a high quality, did run out. The was only one as well.
Agree,plus with the +40 bump in security you get with it, it makes leveling your security very hard. If you are a lvl 20 in security and then get a 40 bump you will lvl security at the pase of a 60 in security,takes longer. Just seams like an easy out.However my hubby loves it,but he doesn't have security as one of his main skills so no biggy.
I personally like spells..no lockpicks needed.
Al-Khabir Posted at: 03:44 Apr05 2007 Post ID: 1490447
Al-Khabir
+
+
It also gets annoying. You're bound to use it all the time and it prevents you from getting master security becuase of the bonus, I just can't take myself away from using it.
money_polo12321 Posted at: 08:55 Apr05 2007 Post ID: 1490828
money_polo12321
+
+
Since I downloaded The Thieves Den when I get it I just go to the cave and repeatedly use it on the training chest and I still can get to master.

I believe gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman. - Arnold Schwarzeneggar
Watch my fav youtube movie of the day--today is Money In The Bank Wresltemania 22-->http://www.youtube.com/watc...&search=
Tyraness Posted at: 21:50 Apr06 2007 Post ID: 1495904
Tyraness
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Where do you get the key anyways?
norbie007 Posted at: 22:40 Apr06 2007 Post ID: 1495947
norbie007
Forum GuestMember
+
+
That should go in the questions part of the site. I am not a big fan of the Skeleton key since it takes the fun out of lockpicking. I am really really good at lockpicking so it was kind of a bummer to me. Oh well though, it is not by far the worst item in the game. I don't like it that much but I know it is a really good item for those not good at lockpicking. I still give it a thumbs up.

Courtesy of Lycanthrope

Proudly paired with: Blazin Torchic- No longer. He is banned.
Brandon 2006 Posted at: 08:03 Apr07 2007 Post ID: 1496307
Brandon 2006
+
+
On 06-Apr-2007 norbie007 said:That should go in the questions part of the site. I am not a big fan of the Skeleton key since it takes the fun out of lockpicking. I am really really good at lockpicking so it was kind of a bummer to me. Oh well though, it is not by far the worst item in the game. I don't like it that much but I know it is a really good item for those not good at lockpicking. I still give it a thumbs up.
That is why I love the item, I am probably one of the worst of all time. I have broken 59 picks and only picked 63 successfully.

[email protected]
^add me on msn
money_polo12321 Posted at: 09:04 Apr07 2007 Post ID: 1496414
money_polo12321
+
+
On 06-Apr-2007 Tyraness said:Where do you get the key anyways?
You get it from doing the Nocturnal shrine quest.Look at the 'Daedric Shrines Guide' in the walkthrough section.

I believe gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman. - Arnold Schwarzeneggar
Watch my fav youtube movie of the day--today is Money In The Bank Wresltemania 22-->http://www.youtube.com/watc...&search=
Al-Khabir Posted at: 14:22 Apr07 2007 Post ID: 1497340
Al-Khabir
+
+
On 07-Apr-2007 Brandon 2006 said:That is why I love the item, I am probably one of the worst of all time. I have broken 59 picks and only picked 63 successfully.
What? You count? Or is there a stats screen that I forgot about? Yes it is good for low level people, especially thieves, but then you get the feeling that nothing can hold you back, which is bad when you get to higher levels and get killed by everyone.
Brandon 2006 Posted at: 18:26 Apr07 2007 Post ID: 1498350
Brandon 2006
+
+
On 07-Apr-2007 Al-Khabir said:What? You count? Or is there a stats screen that I forgot about? Yes it is good for low level people, especially thieves, but then you get the feeling that nothing can hold you back, which is bad when you get to higher levels and get killed by everyone.
There is a stat screen, that you are forgetting about.

[email protected]
^add me on msn
Al-Khabir Posted at: 05:32 Apr08 2007 Post ID: 1499039
Al-Khabir
+
+
I thought there might. Haven't gone on it in ages because my sister broke it.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close