Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Recruiting gang members

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

adamkorn27 Posted at: 18:43 Oct31 2004 Post ID: 14482
adamkorn27
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
To recruit a gang member for small missions aint no thang. First get a little respect. Complete a few missions for Sweet and then walk up to one of your own colored gang members (ie guys standing near your house wearing green) and press and hold R1 (WITHOUT a weapon drawn) then press up. CJ will say something to the tone of "Hey homie u down for representin your colors?" and they will say something like "Fo sho" or "yeah im down." After you have these pepl they will follow you unless you try to loose them. Just like in a mission if you are supposed to drive someone. They will fire upon anyone who fires at you or anyone you fire at.

-Adam
cloeman105 Posted at: 22:07 Oct31 2004 Post ID: 14555
cloeman105
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 31-Oct-2004 adamkorn27 said:To recruit a gang member for small missions aint no thang. First get a little respect. Complete a few missions for Sweet and then walk up to one of your own colored gang members (ie guys standing near your house wearing green) and press and hold R1 (WITHOUT a weapon drawn) then press up. CJ will say something to the tone of "Hey homie u down for representin your colors?" and they will say something like "Fo sho" or "yeah im down." After you have these pepl they will follow you unless you try to loose them. Just like in a mission if you are supposed to drive someone. They will fire upon anyone who fires at you or anyone you fire at.

-Adam
u know is its better to get all the ballers places and then
u can have a ton of respect

i got mine all full
gamer1986 Posted at: 11:59 Nov01 2004 Post ID: 14606
gamer1986
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Recruiting an gang is not the greatest thing ever. Because in the end they don't really help. They became an nuisance for me when I tried to bring them with me to destory other gangs that owned the area. I figured out if you want to win an war with them, bring them in large numbers otherwise don't have them at all, or you'll be towrried about protecting them and die so fast. So make sure when you go to leave with your gang own the place near by the area your going to use them and just walk with them in huge numbers or at least as many as you can recruit.
mallow Posted at: 20:10 Nov01 2004 Post ID: 14965
mallow
Forum GuestMember
+
+
my controlers r1 button dosant work is there an other way
Come join the state alchemists! We got ranks and theres power in those ranks.Like being able to get someone up a rank.So come and join State Alchemits
gamer1986 Posted at: 09:23 Nov02 2004 Post ID: 15118
gamer1986
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Sorry mallow, your going to have to buy an new button. Your not goingto be able to recruit any gang memebers without that button even being able to continue the story. You need that R1 buton constantly for the sluts to the gang memebers. So save some $24 and got to target or gamestop and buy a new controller.
HunterSFan Posted at: 13:50 Jun02 2006 Post ID: 850238
HunterSFan
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I agree w/Gamer 1986 about the overall uselessness of homies in a gang fight. They can't shoot, except when a cop attacks you, for some reason! So that's a bonus. The MAIN reason I use 'em is that they almost always see the rival gang members before I do, esp. in cars! Then I can get out, despite their insults, and start shooting.

The only person you really need to worry about in a fight is Sweet. He always wades right in and gets himself killed! Try to get him stuck up on a staircase, then use the jetpack to go down and waste the gang members (or stay on a roof w/a rocket launcher...yes, it's not "sporting", but efficient!) while Sweet sits out of harm's way.
fuzzy_mc_fuzz Posted at: 19:13 Jun02 2006 Post ID: 850859
fuzzy_mc_fuzz
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Please dont bump old topics.

Can a mod please close this?
gba_dude Posted at: 10:11 Jun03 2006 Post ID: 851762
gba_dude
+