Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Abortion

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 9 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous
super craig Posted: 18:12 Aug14 2007 Post ID: 1839425
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 14-Aug-2007 Catharsis said:A point I'd like to raise for those who believe abortion should be made illegal: If abortion was to be banned, wouldn't that mean that women who were desperate not to have a baby would attempt it illegally, deliberately causing a miscarriage and potentially causing some serious harm to themselves in the process?

People seem to be under the impression that abortion is some new form of contraception, and women only choose to have an abortion because it's "easy". It's not. From all the accounts I've heard, having an abortion is an incredibly stressful experience for the woman and a difficult decision to make. If they're so determined not to have a child, then doesn't that make it likely that they'll resort to desperate measures if abortion is made illegal?
A good point, before abortion was legalised in some countries many women died while having illegal abortions. Plus modern abortion methods are designed so that the foetus and mother fell as little pain as possible, if these were no longer available then people would resort to other methods, perhaps back to the earliest form of abortion just whacking the mothers abdomen as hard as possible and hope it kills the foetus.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Innominate Posted: 02:28 Aug16 2007 Post ID: 1843650
Innominate
Post Likes: 0
+
Pregnancy is a big thing, and if you accidentally became pregnant would you want a child? Abortion is basically a final choice. I'm Christian, but I think that abortion is ok as long as it is within a certain period of time, say the first few weeks of pregnancy. I mean some people say it's denying someone the right to life, but is it worth giving birth to a child who will have a probably struggling (and young) mother? And chances are, the guy who gets the girl pregnant will leave and not want anything to do with her. So you've got a young single mother with a child. The mother would have to look after the baby and therefore miss out on a lot of other things she could be doing. I'm not saying that the fate of all babies born this way is to have a crap life, and there are exceptions to every situation. This is just one example from my point of view.
Shadow_Lord Posted: 06:39 Aug16 2007 Post ID: 1843912
Shadow_Lord
+
A few weeks is a bit restrictive. It's perfectly not to even know you're pregnant in that time.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
krusty12 Posted: 17:29 Aug25 2007 Post ID: 1873667
krusty12
Forum GuestMember
+
On 21-Jul-2007 Fwank said:So why did you decide to get an abortion?
i didn't have a choice. this happened while i was in an abusive relationship and if he had known i was in the family way my life would have been worth nothing to him. he was very cruel and would have used the child as a way to control me. i was 6 weeks along when i had the abortion and to this day{i was 16 at the time} it hurts my heart to think about it.i couldn't give the baby up,he would have found out.
Shadow_Lord Posted: 13:20 Aug26 2007 Post ID: 1875759
Shadow_Lord
+
Anyway, can we get back on topic, people? This is all very touching but it's becoming less relevent by the second.
[center]

[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
nhahtdh Posted: 00:52 Aug30 2007 Post ID: 1885847
nhahtdh
+
Abortion is only carried out if the egg has not develop too much. That's what happen in hospital.
I think it would be inhuman if abort when the child is formed.
But I'm neutral if the egg hasn't developed much.
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 09:31 Aug30 2007 Post ID: 1886251
Flareon Dude_
+
they don't abort it when it's a child, no no no. that would be just inhumane and immoral. they abort the developing cells before it develpos too much.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
Fwank Posted: 09:57 Aug30 2007 Post ID: 1886290
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
That literally means it's "morally acceptable" to just get pregnant and cut it out as many times as you want... I mean after all, it's just a bunch of cells, we lose cells every day right?

It's looks the same to me... you're not going to be a hypocrite by shunning the one who had an abortion 5 months into pregnancy and accepting someone who had an abortion only 3 weeks into pregnancy; a life was taken.

Whether or not it is "humane" or not is irrelevant, nor whether it's murder or not... I think the pressing matter would be the child's life after birth; whether its parents could accommodate its living sufficiently... whether it can lead a good life... whether it will be healthy, those are the real things to be concerned about, not the couple's guilty conscious after having gone ahead and given into their material pleasures.
nhahtdh Posted: 13:49 Aug30 2007 Post ID: 1886699
nhahtdh
+
Some people don't think abortion at any stage is acceptable. They think that the cell is an undeveloped baby. I'll be inhuman to take away the soul of it.
But Fwank also have some good point: how the child will be taken care of if it is unwanted.
I just can't give my opinion about this stage.
Shadow_Lord Posted: 17:15 Aug30 2007 Post ID: 1887280
Shadow_Lord
+
Actually, Fwank, it's very relevent. Some people are alright with the idea of abortion if they don't think they're taking a life, but not if they think they are, for what should be obvious reasons. And I think the point is, arguably at 3 weeks the baby isn't alive yet. That is very arguable, I know, and that's what a lot of the debate's about on this subject: when is a foetus truly considered alive?
[center]

super craig Posted: 18:25 Aug30 2007 Post ID: 1887427
super craig
+
On 30-Aug-2007 Fwank said:That literally means it's "morally acceptable" to just get pregnant and cut it out as many times as you want... I mean after all, it's just a bunch of cells, we lose cells every day right?

It's looks the same to me... you're not going to be a hypocrite by shunning the one who had an abortion 5 months into pregnancy and accepting someone who had an abortion only 3 weeks into pregnancy; a life was taken.

Whether or not it is "humane" or not is irrelevant, nor whether it's murder or not... I think the pressing matter would be the child's life after birth; whether its parents could accommodate its living sufficiently... whether it can lead a good life... whether it will be healthy, those are the real things to be concerned about, not the couple's guilty conscious after having gone ahead and given into their material pleasures.
Thats a very good point about the have abortions multiple times like that, I've never really thought of that too much, because if you allow one abortion then really you can't stop them having more than one abortion. However if having an abortion is as truly traumatic as some people claim it is then I would strongly doubt that it would ever become a big problem.

@Shadow_lord: True if there was a simply answer to that question then this topic would probably been over a good 5 or 6 pages ago.

Just a thought for you all but how do you feel about doctors who refuse to perform abortions because they simply don't think that they are right?

nhahtdh Posted: 22:04 Aug30 2007 Post ID: 1887930
nhahtdh
+
I don't want to say about morality when aborting. But there is a fact that if you abort too many times, you risk losing the ability to have another baby when you really want to have one.
Aggron306 Posted: 19:05 Sep10 2007 Post ID: 1907523
Aggron306
+
On 19-Jun-2007 greenspider35 said:Alright, this one here's a big one. So, what do you all think about it?

I personally think that people should make the decision to have an abortion if they really want one, and I'll tell you why. When they get the abortion, they are just killing some cells and it's not even a baby yet.

As for the people who are Christian and are not for abortion, it's just a bunch of cells and is not even a living and organic being yet. stop complaining about stuff that is even there.
Do you know that they don't have a soul yet?
No.
So yes it IS a bad thing if you are a Christian.
The best solution is to have the baby and put it in a foster home.
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 20:45 Sep10 2007 Post ID: 1907669
Flareon Dude_
+
Jesus H Christ, take the time to read the next two pages, why don't ya?

i've had a few changes of heart since then, Aggron.

« Last edited by Flareon Dude_ on Sep 10th 2007 »
I'm gone...
super craig Posted: 14:00 Sep11 2007 Post ID: 1908233
super craig
+
On 10-Sep-2007 Aggron306 said:Do you know that they don't have a soul yet?
No.
So yes it IS a bad thing if you are a Christian.
The best solution is to have the baby and put it in a foster home.
Equal thing, do you know that they have a soul then?

Depends on which group of Christianity you believe in because most of them believe that the foetus recieves a soul at different points, so technically its not bad for all Christians.

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 20:45 Sep11 2007 Post ID: 1909062
Flareon Dude_
+
One philisophical branch of people believes that it gains a soul when it is given blood.

just throwing it out there...
I'm gone...
Aggron306 Posted: 21:01 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1910344
Aggron306
+
On 11-Sep-2007 super craig said:Equal thing, do you know that they have a soul then?

Depends on which group of Christianity you believe in because most of them believe that the foetus recieves a soul at different points, so technically its not bad for all Christians.
Yeah...I kinda thought about that when I posted it.
But hey,you could be destroying the next Rockefeller....
krusty12 Posted: 11:01 Sep13 2007 Post ID: 1910815
krusty12
Forum GuestMember
+
On 30-Aug-2007 Shadow_Lord said:Actually, Fwank, it's very relevent. Some people are alright with the idea of abortion if they don't think they're taking a life, but not if they think they are, for what should be obvious reasons. And I think the point is, arguably at 3 weeks the baby isn't alive yet. That is very arguable, I know, and that's what a lot of the debate's about on this subject: when is a foetus truly considered alive?
the embreyo isn't viable until 8 weeks-that's when the heart starts to beat and it goes from being a embreyo to a fetus which is considered a life.most doctors won't do an abortion until you are at least 6 weeks along because they need the embreyo to be big enough to see on ultrasound. the embreyo is so small it only shows up as a little black spot,very hard to see. sometimes they can give you the morning after pill to cause a miscarrige instead of surgery.
jrich49676 Posted: 21:28 Sep24 2007 Post ID: 1927924
jrich49676
+
SL just one thing, killing somebody who is trying to kill other people or you it is okay to kill them in gods eyes, it is self defense

RIP Marvee Johnson March 26, 1986-September 2, 2007
Fwank Posted: 03:32 Sep25 2007 Post ID: 1928074
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
On 24-Sep-2007 jrich49676 said:SL just one thing, killing somebody who is trying to kill other people or you it is okay to kill them in gods eyes, it is self defense
I hereby urge you to elaborate how God sees it as self defense... and read the rules blah blah blah, do I really need to explain why your post shouldn't be here unless you edit it?
Displaying Page 9 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close