Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The Existence of God [Discussion Topic: See First Post]

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 69 of 70
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 67 | 68 | 69 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 19:03 Mar07 2014 Post ID: 3308768
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
KoC - Everyone who has posted (including me) knows and understands that you strongly believe in the Christian God, and that is perfectly fine. But like I've said in previous posts, the only proof that you have is your words and the bible. Someone could decide to write a bible on a Pikachu God, and it could easily be the same amount of evidence that the bible is (as long as it wasn't a lunatic writing it). I am not replying to Warrior because he understands, sadly you do not.

KoC said:So worshiping say a doorknob is just as right as Christianity?

Obviously not. You are just trying to convince us that all other religions are stupid. For a few months I believed that the roof in my room could grant me wishes (as stupid as it sounds). But some were granted! This is similar to you saying God answers your prayer. And maybe he does, but for just a sec, just 1 second you could at least acknowledge that others have other beliefs, or no beliefs at all.

This post may have been a bit extreme, but you need to see it. I'm not saying stop believing in God, I'm just saying stop for a bit and think about others and their beliefs.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 7th 2014 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
KingofCorn Posted: 19:44 Mar07 2014 Post ID: 3308771
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
I respect other beliefs Catholic, Jewish, Hindi, Muslim, etc. Heck I've even studied them. I just have no respect for these new religions that are based on nonsense. Like that episode of Family Guy where Peter starts the The Church of the Fonz. I'm sorry if this offends you.
Dark Breloom Posted: 19:46 Mar07 2014 Post ID: 3308772
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
KingofCorn said:1 My posts will be short since I have to use a touch screen. 2 Have you prayed to Pikachu? Has he answered your prayers?

I was just using an example. I don't actually believe in a Pikachu god.

There's no way to prove that the Christian god has answered someone's prayers, so that's irrelevant.

KingofCorn said:So worshiping say a doorknob is just as right as Christianity?

There is no right or wrong in this. You obviously have some kind of Christian superiority complex, or else you wouldn't be comparing what's right to worship. If I think that a doorknob is holy, why is it "less right" to worship than the Christian god?
KingofCorn Posted: 19:47 Mar07 2014 Post ID: 3308773
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Did you read my last post?
Dark Breloom Posted: 22:00 Mar07 2014 Post ID: 3308800
Dark Breloom
+
I did, but it doesn't really work for you because I can just claim that Christianity is nonsense.
KingofCorn Posted: 00:21 Mar08 2014 Post ID: 3308816
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
I'm done with these religious debates.
Dark Breloom Posted: 10:26 Mar08 2014 Post ID: 3308878
Dark Breloom
+
Okay, see you around forums.supercheats.com!

« Last edited by Dark Breloom on Mar 8th 2014 »
control Posted: 17:43 Mar13 2014 Post ID: 3309692
control
P
Post Likes: 16
+
KingofCorn said:Have you prayed to Pikachu? Has he answered your prayers?

Yes
I asked for a critical hit, and I got one
Not when I needed it, but I still got one.
Dark Breloom Posted: 19:01 Mar13 2014 Post ID: 3309704
Dark Breloom
+
that feel when you get those crit on red-health pokemon
nightmare2 Posted: 01:44 Mar16 2014 Post ID: 3309994
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
I never thought I would find joy in a debate on religion but I have just found it. Had a nice good laugh from that.
I just have no respect for these new religions that are based on nonsense. Like that episode of Family Guy where Peter starts the The Church of the Fonz. I'm sorry if this offends you.

New religions based on nonsense? Sounds like every single new religion in the history of religion. I'm sure all religions were considered nonsense when they first started out.

I'm done with these religious debates.

Thank the Gods

Yes
I asked for a critical hit, and I got one
Not when I needed it, but I still got one.

Beautiful story. But everyone knows that the Pikachu god doesn't exist, you mean Raichu right?
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Matt77 Posted: 05:14 Mar16 2014 Post ID: 3310009
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
And another post gets a post like from me.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

dx_hbk Posted: 01:10 Nov02 2016 Post ID: 3425391
dx_hbk
Skeptic
Post Likes: 6
+
Bump, lets see if we can revive this. Bounce

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

Matt77 Posted: 01:59 Nov02 2016 Post ID: 3425396
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've posted my opinions here before; about 2 years ago now. And my views haven't changed, however I've gained a greater understanding on some issues. I'm still an Atheist and know that it is not a certainty that there is/isn't a God.

The big thing with religions/religious people is the discrimination that somehow emerges from a belief that we should love everyone for who they are. The religious people I can understand and respect are those identify the flaws in their own religion.

When religion sometimes pops up, I respect Warrior's opinions always, as he is not narrow-minded like so many religious people are. Religion should not cloud people's judgement like it does to many living in the 'Bible Belt'.

Speaking about the most talked about/controversial subject that comes out of the Bible, something I read when looking up verses of the Bible was that a man being with a man and vice versa is sinning. Doesn't this mean they come under the same category as a thief, or someone who cheated on their wife or husband? The fact that the Bible presents homosexuality as just sinning, and that Jesus or God never says "I hate gays", and several Christians are still homophobic amazes me. Why don't they hate thieves and those who cheat the same way? There's someone at my school in my year making it obvious with his ignorance that he is homophobic (and is a strong Christian), yet he always gets in people's way and actually steals things from people, only to later give them back.

It's ignorance and hypocrisy that ticks me over. If someone religious honestly said, despite my support towards LGBT people, "I just don't like gay people", I would be fine, because it's honesty and that's all. Several people don't mind gay people; it's the marriage part that they don't support. And that, again, is absolutely fine through my eyes. After all, isn't THAT is what the Bible said?

Sometimes I wish I was religious, and had something to fall back onto during hard times. It's very unlikely I will ever convert, but I often wonder what it would be like. Anyone here that is religious, let me know what it's like. I'm genuinely interested.

ViolinViolinViolin

danielroxheaps Posted: 16:11 Nov02 2016 Post ID: 3425404
danielroxheaps
Post Likes: 250
+
Ugh here too? A few guys and I had an argument with a guy on YT who thought god was real and we're all f*cking immature idiots since we don't think so.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/i...roxheaps
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/use...roxheaps
To find me on any other website just look for the user "danielroxheaps"

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
testuser Posted: 16:24 Nov02 2016 Post ID: 3425407
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
Always a dangerous topic for a forum. Life is too short to spend arguing about it. If you wait long enough you find out one way or another for yourself, so just do what you think is right and try not to be a **** to anyone else.
The only bad religious opinion is one you try to force on someone who doesn't want it.

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

danielroxheaps Posted: 17:16 Nov02 2016 Post ID: 3425410
danielroxheaps
+
Who even brought his back?

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
dx_hbk Posted: 11:07 Nov03 2016 Post ID: 3425443
dx_hbk
Skeptic
+
danielroxheaps said:Who even brought his back?

I did obviously, try to contribute like the other people did. This thread has had quality posts over the ages, so might be better to offer a reasonable argument than just talking about a sore experience imo. You will find people like that every where Atheists and Theists alike.

I will write reply soon, sorry been busy.

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

danielroxheaps Posted: 17:16 Nov03 2016 Post ID: 3425472
danielroxheaps
+
Well it's 2016, so I think:

Believe whatever the **** you want but don't try make me believe it or else it's gonna get heated real quick.

dx_hbk Posted: 06:29 Nov04 2016 Post ID: 3425482
dx_hbk
Skeptic
+
danielroxheaps said:Well it's 2016, so I think:

Believe whatever the **** you want but don't try make me believe it or else it's gonna get heated real quick.

That really isn't an argument. The topic is existence Of God no one is trying to shove their beliefs down your throat but we can talk about. So let's try to have a discussion. Why do you believe that Does not exist? Assuming you take the stance of an atheist.

^ That guy is GOD

Matt77 Posted: 08:58 Nov04 2016 Post ID: 3425483
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Flaw 1: If God exists, and loves everyone, why does he send people to hell that don't believe? If he did love us all, he would either make sure we all see proof that he exists, or just send everyone to heaven regardless.

Flaw 2: Someone who loves everyone would not send them to burn for all eternity.

Flaw 3: There are so many different Gods or powerful beings in many religions. Why should we believe in one when there are other religions saying theirs is the actual one.

Flaw 4: How did God come to be? Who created him?

Flaw 5: What evidence other than the Bible (could've been written by anyone) is there for God's existence?

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 69 of 70
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 67 | 68 | 69 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close