Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Red

Missingno...What is it?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
DigDug Dude Posted at: 20:04 Jun19 2005 Post ID: 213765
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Is Misingno simply a programming error, a testing pokemon, a glitch and nothing else, or something different? I'd like to ear your theories on what it is.

BTW- I think Missingno is a Pidgey of some sort and GB 'M GB is a baby Kangaskahn. If you'd like to know why, ask me.
Romney '08!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 11:54 Jun26 2005 Post ID: 224512
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
I think missingno. is just some kind of messedup data that the game designers put in purposely to ruin the game.

As for the dude1009's team, 4/10. You only have 5 pokemon, low leveled pokemon, and are in THE WRONG GAME !!! tell me the moves and I could rate it better.
www.nicksforum.funurl.com <-- Join today! A great site for everyone who just wants to hang out with a bunch of friendly people.

Linkin Park = Awesome =D. If you want to msg me, my AIM screen name is Lameflame13. =) Again, consider joining my forums!
DigDug Dude Posted at: 19:46 Jun26 2005 Post ID: 224975
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 26-Jun-2005 Mew is the best!!!!! said:I think missingno. is just some kind of messedup data that the game designers put in purposely to ruin the game.

As for the dude1009's team, 4/10. You only have 5 pokemon, low leveled pokemon, and are in THE WRONG GAME !!! tell me the moves and I could rate it better.
I doubt that Nintendo put it in there to purposely ruin your game, although you can't be to sure about Japan.
Romney '08!
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 11:21 Jul01 2005 Post ID: 232019
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
Also, Just for fun, I know how to get infinate Hp of a pokemon by using missingno..All you have to do is this.

1. Catch a pokemon over the level 100.
2. Battle missingno. with the pokemon and defeat it.
3. The pokemon's HP should have a symbol next to it, and whenever it looks like your pokemon will die, it won't.

WARNING: Don't heal it in the pokemon center, it's HP will go back to normal.
www.nicksforum.funurl.com <-- Join today! A great site for everyone who just wants to hang out with a bunch of friendly people.

Linkin Park = Awesome =D. If you want to msg me, my AIM screen name is Lameflame13. =) Again, consider joining my forums!
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 11:29 Jul01 2005 Post ID: 232038
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
I heard from someone else that a pidgey is sort of like a missingno because of it's type(s). It is a normal Flying. If you were battling a fighting type pokemon, you should be good against it and bad against it. Flying is good against Fighting but Fighting is good against normal. You gettin' me here? You would be bad against it because normal is your 1st type, but if flying was your first type, you would be good against it. I don't know, just a theory...

DigDug Dude Posted at: 10:24 Jul02 2005 Post ID: 234002
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Could you clear that up? I've also heard it and it makes sense the way I read it, but you sort of blurred it out.
Romney '08!
evil_demon_lord Posted at: 06:31 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 271790
evil_demon_lord
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It really doesnt matter what missingno. is,because it is an awsome cheat pokemon (infinite,or close to it,items,and over level 100 pokemon).
ummmm.....crud....left my brain in my pocket...hope it dont get washed......now...what to say............ummmmm.........oh well...nvm....U.U
DigDug Dude Posted at: 11:58 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 272332
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 20-Jul-2005 evil_demon_lord said:It really doesnt matter what missingno. is,because it is an awsome cheat pokemon (infinite,or close to it,items,and over level 100 pokemon).
I think it matters what Missingno is because if we knew what it was that would gives us a better understanding of how to control it, how to clear that messed-up picture of it, and maby it would give us a better understanding of the hex values assigned to each different Missingno and error pokemon and level 100+ pokemon.
Romney '08!
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 19:52 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 273798
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
Sorry it was hard to understand, it's just hard to explain.

Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 19:55 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 273809
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
On 26-Jun-2005 DigDug Dude said:I doubt that Nintendo put it in there to purposely ruin your game, although you can't be to sure about Japan.
The reason I think it was put in there on purpose is because the game can't just make up a picture of missingno. give the unknown picture a name and put in a random location without some actual programming. I think they spiced the game up a bit though don't you think?

spideraman99 Posted at: 19:56 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 273812
spideraman99
Post Likes: 3
+
+
I'm sure that the error Pokemon and Missingno depend on your name. When I was BLUE, I found Golducks and Starmies above level 100 but no ++M++, just missingno lvls 80 and 132. Now, I'm DAVE, and I'm finding ++M++, level 128 Alakazams(with pretty good attacks) and Missingnos.

props to pokemonruler for the sweet sig and avatar
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 21:32 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 274046
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
I heard if your name is xavier that your supposed to get some special benifits and bounuses.

Also Spidey, since your a mod, you wouldn't happen to know how to become one would you?

DigDug Dude Posted at: 09:30 Jul21 2005 Post ID: 274595
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 20-Jul-2005 spideraman99 said:I'm sure that the error Pokemon and Missingno depend on your name. When I was BLUE, I found Golducks and Starmies above level 100 but no ++M++, just missingno lvls 80 and 132. Now, I'm DAVE, and I'm finding ++M++, level 128 Alakazams(with pretty good attacks) and Missingnos.
It entirerly depends on your name. Every letter, decimal, capitalization, puntuation, other sign and "end of name" determines what you will find AND its level. These tie into the hex values and, unfortunatly, this means that there is no possible way to get Mew, no matter what your name may be. You'll always find Missingno due to the "end of name" value. Stinks doesn't it?
Romney '08!
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 08:51 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279886
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
Do you know if you can un-crash your hall of fame? I didn't catch missingno. but it still went all crashy and said I had a level 283 pikachu, 0 Charizard, ~ and nothing after (guessing it meant missingno).

ABCDEFGHIJKL Posted at: 08:53 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279889
ABCDEFGHIJKL
+
+
Can you join my sig site we could use some members Smile
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 09:02 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279897
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
Yes I will, but please don't post this in missingno. It's being mean to DigDugDude for making his topic look off course and getting it a good chance of being closed!

DigDug Dude Posted at: 10:51 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 280053
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, so get thge heck out of here...please? Now let's get back on topic.

EDIT- And no posts that are unrelated to Missingno or a side topic.
Romney '08!
Mew is the best!!!!! Posted at: 17:04 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 281065
Mew is the best!!!!!
+
+
I've never caught missingno. before, but I was told on it's types it said bird. Is this true?

DigDug Dude Posted at: 13:29 Jul29 2005 Post ID: 297846
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yes, it's Bird/Normal. All right moderators, please delete this.
Romney '08!
pokemonmaster151 Posted at: 16:49 Jul31 2005 Post ID: 305175
pokemonmaster151
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yo spidey could you please tell us how to be a mod
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close