Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

WTF America?

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
sworder1 Posted: 13:58 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008708
sworder1
Post Likes: 0
+
Everytime I turn on the news theres some guy out in some country expressing his hate for America...What is so bad with this country?! I live here and I'm as happy as can be but its not like a try and brag to everyone about it! So thats why I ask...WTF why does everyone hate America?
EhEhEh

« Last edited by sworder1 on Nov 27th 2007 »

Favorite Games:
1. Gears of War (Best Game Ever!!!)
2. Final Fantasy Series (FF7 forever)
3. F.E.A.R. Series (Very Creepy and Good)
4. Guitar Hero 1,2,&3 (Less Talk More Rokk by FreezePop...rock on!)
5. Rachet and Clank Series (Favorite Lombax and little robot duo)
6. Call of Duty Series (Take Cover and Kick Some @$$!!!)
PhilXZ Posted: 14:32 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008739
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
i dont know sworder1...........i dont knowDoh
Shadow Cast Posted: 14:36 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008742
Shadow Cast
+
People just don't agree with their methods/ways. People in places of Iraq also hate them, but I fail to understand why, still...

Repner Posted: 14:44 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008748
Repner
+
Yeah im sure the war will have a big part to play on it, and some people in parts of iraq hate them for religious reasons. They see the US and UK as heathen nations
v-gamer Posted: 14:45 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008749
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
Americans are not violent enough to be friends with Iraquis.

If this is flamebaiting, I'm sorry, you can delete this. I personally don't see how this is flamebaiting, since it's not targeting a member, but still...

« Last edited by v-gamer on Nov 27th 2007 »
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Komodo Posted: 15:13 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008780
Komodo
+
It's because of your president.

That, and you guys get three stereotypes.

1. Rednecks.
2. White, fat, city-slickin' rich boys.
3. Black, gun-totin' whitey-hatin' gansta thugs that break the law.

It's all stereotypes. Serious.
Cross Stinger Posted: 15:16 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008785
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
There are a lot of reasons they could be unhappy.

They could hate the fact that we're in Iraq, construing it as an imperialistic pursuit. Or they could resent the fact that we're not Islamic. Or they could just not like Bush or some sort of institution in the United States.

The US isn't going to go away in the near future. It might, but it won't within this century, I'm sure. I have a lot of things I could rant and moan about regarding the US, but all the same there would be something else that I love that could make up for it.
v-gamer Posted: 15:20 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008792
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
^^ That's true, although I can't wait until Bush is out of presidency xP

We at least have freedom of speech, vote, and education.

Maybe other countries are jealous of that? >_>

Thank you, Vasco <3
factor_x55 Posted: 15:31 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008807
factor_x55
+
^It's something like that. I heard that other countries hate how a lot of American's abuse their rights.
Repner Posted: 15:31 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008808
Repner
+
On 27-Nov-2007 v-gamer said:^^ That's true, although I can't wait until Bush is out of presidency xP

We at least have freedom of speech, vote, and education.

Maybe other countries are jealous of that? >_>
Well its not like you can't get that in other countries. So I don't think its jealousy

« Last edited by Repner on Nov 27th 2007 »
Cross Stinger Posted: 15:31 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008809
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
I don't think it's necessarily that that they resent. Iran, even, holds a lot of elections (although the Ayatollah has to confirm everything). They just don't like that: 1) we're predominantly Christian and have supported Israel (which I disagree with); 2) we have intervened in affairs such as the Kosovo genocide and Vietnam conflict; and 3) we export and import a lot, and our exports attract so much attention.
Repner Posted: 15:34 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008819
Repner
+
On 27-Nov-2007 Cross Stinger said:I don't think it's necessarily that that they resent. Iran, even, holds a lot of elections (although the Ayatollah has to confirm everything). They just don't like that: 1) we're predominantly Christian and have supported Israel (which I disagree with); 2) we have intervened in affairs such as the Kosovo genocide and Vietnam conflict; and 3) we export and import a lot, and our exports attract so much attention.
I forgot about the US supporting Israel. Im sure thats one of the reasons. A lot of countries want to see Israel wiped from the map
v-gamer Posted: 15:36 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008822
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
Well, there are some countries that DON'T have the rights that we do. And yes, like Crossy said, American cannot mind their own business. They'll pay other countries to ensure their alliance; but what does that do? We force our government into that country, and if that country isn't willing to accept our governemnt, we shouldn't enfoce it. Seriously, that country deserves just as much rights as we would like.

Thank you, Vasco <3
Shadow_Lord Posted: 15:37 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008826
Shadow_Lord
+
I saw a book in the library about this a while ago. It claimed (or at least I think it did; I only really skimmed it) that it all boiled down to America's stereotypical attitude to the rest of the world; namely, that it's better than the rest in just about every way. Now, I realise that may seem offensive, but like Komodo said, it's all about stereotypes. Which rarely accurately describe an entire population.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:41 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008831
Kenny 2x4
+
Various reasons why we hate America
Sports-wise: we made the original Football game, but Americans being the decendants of the convicts sent there during the Victorian era or whatever it era it was decided: oh we'll call it Soccer! They then called there own football game which has no real reference to foot being close to the ball and is also the more decendant, but worse version of Rugby. Rugby being the real man's sport.
As people have said before: George W. Bush enough said.
Changing the spelling of the word: colour to color.
Aluminium to Aluminum Corrected — Cross Stinger
And god knows what else.
And the following video is not for provocative reasons, but I came across it here.
It does contain like one swear word so IDK and I also admit some of the stuff in there isn't common knowledge, but other stuff was like the Triangle.

« Last edited by Cross Stinger on Nov 27th 2007 »
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
Repner Posted: 16:02 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008874
Repner
+
On 27-Nov-2007 Kenny 2x4 said:Various reasons why we hate America
Sports-wise: we made the original Football game, but Americans being the decendants of the convicts sent there during the Victorian era or whatever it era it was decided: oh we'll call it Soccer! They then called there own football game which has no real reference to foot being close to the ball and is also the more decendant, but worse version of Rugby. Rugby being the real man's sport.
As people have said before: George W. Bush enough said.
Changing the spelling of the word: colour to color.
Aluminium to Aluminum Corrected — Cross Stinger
And god knows what else.
And the following video is not for provocative reasons, but I came across it here.
It does contain like one swear word so IDK and I also admit some of the stuff in there isn't common knowledge, but other stuff was like the Triangle.
OMG. I saw the part where they had to point out the other countries on the fake map before, but not the rest of it.

Makes me cringe, and I'm not even american Eh

« Last edited by Repner on Nov 27th 2007 »
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 16:06 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008884
Kenny 2x4
+
I know cause they changed it everytime and for crying out loud! Everyone should know that the place the selected was in fact Australia.
I think the funnniest one was the last question.
Anyways...What do you reckon about what I mentioned about the sports bit?
Cross Stinger: last I checked there spelling of Aluminium of Aluminimum, but I suppose they've probably changed it.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
sworder1 Posted: 16:33 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008950
sworder1
+
Sure lots of Americans are stereotypes but many are not as well sure we do a bunch of dumb stuff that even I don't agree with but still...O and how are we not violent enough god everyone complains that we like to bomb things too much and that were really good at war...sure we may be but that might be handy in the future because wars are always happen as long as there are different views and beliefs and people who dislike our way of life to the point of warring with us then there will be war, o and Kenny so what if we make sports based on different sports or rename certain ones as long as it doesn't interfere with your lives why care? Oh and who does like Bush?
Eh

Favorite Games:
1. Gears of War (Best Game Ever!!!)
2. Final Fantasy Series (FF7 forever)
3. F.E.A.R. Series (Very Creepy and Good)
4. Guitar Hero 1,2,&3 (Less Talk More Rokk by FreezePop...rock on!)
5. Rachet and Clank Series (Favorite Lombax and little robot duo)
6. Call of Duty Series (Take Cover and Kick Some @$$!!!)
shadow slayer Posted: 16:38 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008958
shadow slayer
+
I think their hatred will wash away when Bush isn't president anymore. He is a horrible president. That 2000 election was rigged. Al Gore should have won. I really hope Rudy Guilanni wins President in 08. I think he'll be a he[b][/b]ll of a lot better than Bush. >_>
super craig Posted: 17:05 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2009000
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 27-Nov-2007 Kenny 2x4 said:I know cause they changed it everytime and for crying out loud! Everyone should know that the place the selected was in fact Australia.
I think the funnniest one was the last question.
Anyways...What do you reckon about what I mentioned about the sports bit?
Cross Stinger: last I checked there spelling of Aluminium of Aluminimum, but I suppose they've probably changed it.
Changing the spelling of some words is annoying but I don't exactly think its one of the main reasons to hate America. I think as well as the steroetypes a lot of it is due to the fact that America never seems to listen to any other side, arguement, country whatever and mostly just barges ahead anyway. For example the Global Warming debate where America for ages just chose to ignore it and say that it didn't exsist, just so that they didn't have to deal with the issue and take steps to prevent it since it would have meant such a radically different approach to how it is run. Americans are also viewed as been arrogant, in fact I remember there been a book published about holidaymakers from around the world and it listed Americans as the most hated because of the reason and the fact that they are lound and brash.

Most of this I believe is a result of Bush, and it doesn't help that most of the rest of the world sees him as a complete idiot.

I've used America a lot, just because its easier to right and I know that not all Americans fall into these catergories.

« Last edited by super craig on Nov 27th 2007 »
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 184782

Post Top
Click to close