Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

WTF America?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Xtreme gamer Posted: 17:09 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2009003
Xtreme gamer
#2Seconds
Post Likes: 0
+
You see, this is where I like to blame our violent history and idiot president.

I'm an American, but I'm the 45% that doesn't like our government, simply because it's rigged to where only one political party is dominate, and it puts all the money on THEIR pockets. America votes Al Gore, Bush buys his way into presidency, and THEY knew it. We vote John Kerry, the electoral collegue RE-ELECTS him, disregarding the hole he dug us all in. = Stupid.

instagram: solidaritysterl
Cross Stinger Posted: 18:36 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2009106
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
Another thing: The British actually called it soccer first, but we ended up taking the name when we adopted it while they reverted to football.
koolkid24 Posted: 18:52 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2009128
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
On 27-Nov-2007 sworder1 said:Everytime I turn on the news theres some guy out in some country expressing his hate for America...What is so bad with this country?! I live here and I'm as happy as can be but its not like a try and brag to everyone about it! So thats why I ask...WTF why does everyone hate America?
EhEhEh
Well people have the right to express the opinion.
I'm Back!!
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 19:09 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2009159
darkraiarceus911
+
ah well Americas government doesn`t make good choices
heres some examples

Myth:America`s Civil war was to get rid of slavery
Reality:only about 5% was about slavery the rest was about money
Myth:The US bought Mexicans land
Reality:they stole it
Myth: the pilgrims made peace with the Indians
Reality:the pilgrims killed the Indians after Thanksgiving to take there land
need I say more? no offense to anyone I`m American too but almost all the wars was about money or land

Aggron306 Posted: 20:17 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2009253
Aggron306
+
On 27-Nov-2007 Kenny 2x4 said:Various reasons why we hate America
Sports-wise: we made the original Football game, but Americans being the decendants of the convicts sent there during the Victorian era or whatever it era it was decided: oh we'll call it Soccer! They then called there own football game which has no real reference to foot being close to the ball and is also the more decendant, but worse version of Rugby. Rugby being the real man's sport.
As people have said before: George W. Bush enough said.
Changing the spelling of the word: colour to color.
Aluminium to Aluminum Corrected ? Cross Stinger
And god knows what else.
And the following video is not for provocative reasons, but I came across it here.
It does contain like one swear word so IDK and I also admit some of the stuff in there isn't common knowledge, but other stuff was like the Triangle.
Why people hate America:
Better sports,more powerful than any country,more variety,and home to mostly the foundation of the world.
Sports wise:Stupid post.Most of these "Steroidal fat athletes" as any of the non-sensible sports fans of any country would say,could bury most of those wimpy rugby players alive.Fact is that most athletes from America are way faster and stronger than Rugby and Soccer players.Rugby players are taught endurance.
I myself know these two components to athleticism and fitness:
Physical Endurance and Physical Strength.
American Players are taught a variety of BOTH.

Other:
Yes George bush is stupid.I wish we would get rid of him.
But think about That Korean Dictator and Chinese Dictatorship.America keeps things safe IF WE HAVE THE RIGHT LEADER.
CASE CLOSED.

Side Note:
I might have made some irrelevant remarks in this so feel free to delete if needed.
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 21:20 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2009318
darkraiarceus911
+
I agree with the last part yes it has irrelevant remarks and is insulting to many people do you really think that 1/3 of the countries hate America cause they are jealous?

Komodo Posted: 23:55 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2009435
Komodo
+
On 27-Nov-2007 Cross Stinger said:I don't think it's necessarily that that they resent. Iran, even, holds a lot of elections (although the Ayatollah has to confirm everything). They just don't like that: 1) we're predominantly Christian and have supported Israel (which I disagree with); 2) we have intervened in affairs such as the Kosovo genocide and Vietnam conflict; and 3) we export and import a lot, and our exports attract so much attention.
I don't understand... Are you saying that you disagree with ASmerica supporting Israel?
Shadow_Lord Posted: 10:53 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2009693
Shadow_Lord
+
On 27-Nov-2007 Aggron306 said:Why people hate America:
Better sports,more powerful than any country,more variety,and home to mostly the foundation of the world.
Sports wise:Stupid post.Most of these "Steroidal fat athletes" as any of the non-sensible sports fans of any country would say,could bury most of those wimpy rugby players alive.Fact is that most athletes from America are way faster and stronger than Rugby and Soccer players.Rugby players are taught endurance.

Other:
But think about That Korean Dictator and Chinese Dictatorship.America keeps things safe IF WE HAVE THE RIGHT LEADER.
CASE CLOSED.

Side Note:
I might have made some irrelevant remarks in this so feel free to delete if needed.
That post is actually a key example of the attitude which makes most people hate America.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Catharsis Posted: 11:09 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2009705
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
On 27-Nov-2007 Aggron306 said:Why people hate America:

Other:
CASE CLOSED.

Side Note:
I don't think it's anything to do with America's sporting abilities (On a side note, I have absolutely no idea whether or not American athletes really are "better" than other athletes, so I can't judge the validity of your points), but the cavalier attitude you possess while announcing your vaunted superiority would be a brilliant example of the "We are better" attitude that makes many people dislike America.

On a side note, if China was to go to war with America, it is unlikely that it would lose. It has a both a fine army and a considerable nuclear arsenal. Your country might be perfectly happy to go to war with a country it can't lose against (e.g. Afghanistan, Iraq), but I doubt it would ever declare war on China no matter what they did wrong.

« Last edited by Catharsis on Nov 28th 2007 »

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Fwank Posted: 11:49 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2009721
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
Probably off topic, but wasn't football technically invented in China?

I'd say the culture and attitude was invented elsewhere... but the game itself... I vaguely recall FIFA making such a statement not so long ago...

In before "It's like saying who invented the umbrella" because the Chinese actually invented ones that worked.

Back to Amerika, however:

You guys have had a history of doing things for profit while ignoring moral values; biblical or otherwise.

I say otherwise in reference to whatever other religious teaching that frowns upon the American dream, along with just about any other half decent, fulfilling and healthy way to live your life.

Half the reasons in this thread suggests Americans are hated because they are either patronizing or are actually superior to certain individuals who claim they dislike the country's way of life (sour grape syndrome)

There's a better explanation though: the nation's not necessarily at fault; any unpleasant individual immediately gives their country a bad name, and it takes an ignorant person to literally use an individual as reference towards a whole nation/culture/community.

And guys, stop cringing at that video; they probably edited out 9/10 of the footage where people got the right answer, not to remind you all the "reporter" picked out very specific "victims"... that video fulfilled a purpose (to entertain), and was in no way subjective/documentative, and it shouldn't have any credibility behind profiling a nation.
sworder1 Posted: 13:45 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2009833
sworder1
+
If other countries hate us just because of sports there some are some serious problems with the world and lots of our athletes have been busted for steroids so why does it bother people?, sports is one of the last things I'm concerned about, oh and if china was to attack it could go either way but both of us would probably blow each other off of the map in a nuclear holocaust and the fallout would probably kill millions of people but hey no more America. Wonder if people would be happy then, but I'll tell you one thing I'm willing to fight for my country corrupt or not and I'll fight for it to the very end! P.S. Bush is horrible.
Not Talking

Favorite Games:
1. Gears of War (Best Game Ever!!!)
2. Final Fantasy Series (FF7 forever)
3. F.E.A.R. Series (Very Creepy and Good)
4. Guitar Hero 1,2,&3 (Less Talk More Rokk by FreezePop...rock on!)
5. Rachet and Clank Series (Favorite Lombax and little robot duo)
6. Call of Duty Series (Take Cover and Kick Some @$$!!!)
Shadow_Lord Posted: 14:06 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2009876
Shadow_Lord
+
Sports...? About two or three people out of all the people here have suggested sport as a reason, and even they said that wasn't the only reason. Also, please paragraph your posts and make sure there's a capital letter at the beginning of every sentence etc. so that your posts are easier to read.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Catharsis Posted: 15:44 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2010069
Catharsis
+
On 28-Nov-2007 Fwank said:Probably off topic, but wasn't football technically invented in China?

I'd say the culture and attitude was invented elsewhere... but the game itself... I vaguely recall FIFA making such a statement not so long ago...

In before "It's like saying who invented the umbrella" because the Chinese actually invented ones that worked.

You guys have had a history of doing things for profit while ignoring moral values; biblical or otherwise.

I say otherwise in reference to whatever other religious teaching that frowns upon the American dream, along with just about any other half decent, fulfilling and healthy way to live your life.

Half the reasons in this thread suggests Americans are hated because they are either patronizing or are actually superior to certain individuals who claim they dislike the country's way of life (sour grape syndrome)

There's a better explanation though: the nation's not necessarily at fault; any unpleasant individual immediately gives their country a bad name, and it takes an ignorant person to literally use an individual as reference towards a whole nation/culture/community.

And guys, stop cringing at that video; they probably edited out 9/10 of the footage where people got the right answer, not to remind you all the "reporter" picked out very specific "victims"... that video fulfilled a purpose (to entertain), and was in no way subjective/documentative, and it shouldn't have any credibility behind profiling a nation.
"According to FIFA, the "very earliest form of the game for which there is scientific evidence was an exercise of precisely this skilful technique dating back to the 2nd and 3rd centuries BC in China (the game of Cuju).""

Just backing up what you said there...

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Catharsis Posted: 15:47 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2010082
Catharsis
+
On 28-Nov-2007 sworder1 said:If other countries hate us just because of sports there some are some serious problems with the world and lots of our athletes have been busted for steroids so why does it bother people?, sports is one of the last things I'm concerned about, oh and if china was to attack it could go either way but both of us would probably blow each other off of the map in a nuclear holocaust and the fallout would probably kill millions of people but hey no more America. Wonder if people would be happy then, but I'll tell you one thing I'm willing to fight for my country corrupt or not and I'll fight for it to the very end! P.S. Bush is horrible.
Not Talking
"oh and if china was to attack it could go either way but both of us would probably blow each other off of the map in a nuclear holocaust and the fallout would probably kill millions of people but hey no more America."

The nuclear fallout would kill more than millions of people, believe me. I seem to recall having heard that both America and China have enough nukes to destroy the world several times over. While this may be a huge exaggeration, it is certain that both sides have enough nuclear weapons to cause nuclear winter across the whole world. I suppose it's one solution to global warming, though...

v-gamer Posted: 16:03 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2010113
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
...It's spelled aluminum last I checked...

There are also other words, like "recognise" to "recognize" and other words like that. Probably from the French xP

« Last edited by v-gamer on Nov 28th 2007 »
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 16:17 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2010145
Kenny 2x4
+
On 27-Nov-2007 super craig said:Changing the spelling of some words is annoying but I don't exactly think its one of the main reasons to hate America. I think as well as the steroetypes a lot of it is due to the fact that America never seems to listen to any other side, arguement, country whatever and mostly just barges ahead anyway. For example the Global Warming debate where America for ages just chose to ignore it and say that it didn't exsist, just so that they didn't have to deal with the issue and take steps to prevent it since it would have meant such a radically different approach to how it is run. Americans are also viewed as been arrogant, in fact I remember there been a book published about holidaymakers from around the world and it listed Americans as the most hated because of the reason and the fact that they are lound and brash.

Most of this I believe is a result of Bush, and it doesn't help that most of the rest of the world sees him as a complete idiot.

I've used America a lot, just because its easier to right and I know that not all Americans fall into these catergories.
One more thing about the global warming thing.
It was a European scientist who discovered about this problem and he went to America about it because the world assembly was being held there and none of the American scientists would take it simply because he was European. Many years later an American discovered it too and they believed it and the European scientist was just like: "Excuse me, I did tell you so and so many years ago." Many apologies followed afterwards.
In addition, Bush keeps on taking flights to various countries that are miles away from USA and he keeps on talking about reducing America's carbon footprints.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 16:20 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2010150
Kenny 2x4
+
On 28-Nov-2007 sworder1 said:If other countries hate us just because of sports there some are some serious problems with the world and lots of our athletes have been busted for steroids so why does it bother people?, sports is one of the last things I'm concerned about, oh and if china was to attack it could go either way but both of us would probably blow each other off of the map in a nuclear holocaust and the fallout would probably kill millions of people but hey no more America. Wonder if people would be happy then, but I'll tell you one thing I'm willing to fight for my country corrupt or not and I'll fight for it to the very end! P.S. Bush is horrible.
Not Talking
For starters China may be quite full of crazy people. (I should know being Chinese)
BUT it doesn't mean that will sort of influence the government to the extent we'd attack USA. Besides we have more pressing issues in China as it is like developing our country still.
PS: I don't live in China, but I do know the stuff that goes on.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
Cross Stinger Posted: 16:45 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2010189
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
On 27-Nov-2007 Komodo said:I don't understand... Are you saying that you disagree with ASmerica supporting Israel?
Yes.

I know the Bible is usually interpreted to mean that Israel has to exist in order for the Rapture to be fulfilled, but that's only a prophecy that probably will not come true, as I think I said before ? and even if it did, Israel would be wiped out in the process. For those who don't believe in the Rapture, it's usually the excuse that they're still God's 'special people'. I highly doubt God would be happy with them sending unwarranted missiles into Palestine, forcibly uprooting Palestinians and depositing them in the West Bank, or denying any non-Jews citizenship or property.

Israel was formed in 1948 mainly by ethnic Jews and Jews who fled from Europe or had come out of the concentration camps. The attitude they must have had was that nothing should cause them to become enslaved as they were during the previous decade and other ages of long ago. So they turned on Palestinians who were living there, since they represented a fairly ground religion (Islam), and worked to limit their rights as much as possible. However, anyone who's good at economics knows that the poorer lot multipies faster than the richer lot. What ended up happening was that the Palestinian population grew so large and obstinate that Israel had no choice other than eventually giving up the West Bank and Gaza. They only did this to save themselves, not out of kindness.

Just because the United States and religious agencies favour them doesn't mean they have licence to do whatever they please. They know this but seem to continue anyway. Recently one ambassador had to be recalled after he was found drunk, naked, in bondage gear, and gagged by a rubber ball on the streets of San Salvador. Also, Israeli president Moshe Katsav had to resign last year after being charged with four counts of rape. God's people indeed.

The worst of it is that it provides a great excuse for al Qaida to attack us ? many members are Saudi, and we know how much Saudi Arabia loves Judaism (or any other religion besides Wahhab Islam).

« Last edited by Cross Stinger on Nov 28th 2007 »
super craig Posted: 18:23 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2010367
super craig
+
Well to be fair to America at least its trying to bring some form of peace to the Middle East, perhaps to try and make up for the whole Iraq war, I refer to the recent peace talks that are taking place in America between Israel and Palastine so you can't really say that its doing nothing.

Admittly the actual part America is playing in these talks is, from my understanding very limited and technically it is trying to help other people's problems, while neglecting to deal with their own problems, so I suppose this could be used as an arguement for America just trying to get involved in everything.

« Last edited by super craig on Nov 28th 2007 »
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

super craig Posted: 18:26 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2010373
super craig
+
On 28-Nov-2007 Fwank said:Probably off topic, but wasn't football technically invented in China?

I suppose many people would consider Bush an unpleasant person and since he's probably the American we see and hear of the most it just makes it even worse, as its not just some random person that is giving the impression but the leader of the country and many people just take it that since he was voted in that most Americans must agree with him and therefore be slightly like him.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 184782

Post Top
Click to close