Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The end of the Earth

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 18:55 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2032885
Flareon Dude_
Post Likes: 0
+
Pooly, the accepted date of the scientific community of Earth's age is calculated to be 4.6 Billion years old.

it's gonna be around for another billion or so before it goes kaput.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
marielue5 Posted: 19:30 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2032935
marielue5
Post Likes: 1
+
On 15-Dec-2007 super craig said:I'm not about to get into the whole religous thing because its not my strong point but didn't God supposedly make humans stewards of the Earth, meaning that we had to look after it and make it better than when we found it, well if we don't do something about global warming and it did ruin the Earth then wouldnt we have failed?
like i said the bible says god will come back(the rapture will happen)and when the bible i saying that that means the earth will be ok so i dont think the world will end by global warming. now as for global warming like i said its HAPPINING thats NOT the aurgument the aurgument is whether it will have a effect on ending the world and i would say no and we dont need to worry about global warming it WONT end the world. like i said the bible says god will come back to the earth(the rapture will happen) which means the world WONT end. thats my opinion on the matter

now as for your stewards of the earth statment he said we are to be desciples of the world(meaning we should desciple people who are lost(dont know god) we are to get them saved) and desciple them)
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

darkraiarceus911 Posted: 23:07 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2033278
darkraiarceus911
+
in religous ways the earth could end because God sent fire instead of water
to destroy us not to make this religious or anything

N/ A Posted: 23:14 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2033293
N/ A
+
On 14-Dec-2007 Kenny 2x4 said:So according to you from your readings of the bible God will effectively allow Satan a traitorous Angel to be set free and loose from hell onto Earth? Sounds a bit weird for a benevolent God.
Mehsers.
Besides that I do also believe us accelerating Global Warming will be the end of us and the world.
No: http://www.mtio.com/articles/isspic1.gif
Yes: http://www.mtio.com/articles/isspic3.gif

http://www.mtio.com/articles/bissart5.htm <--- Says all I have to say to you both + the pictures again.

not-applicable @ live . com (No spaces.)
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 07:46 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2033622
Kenny 2x4
+
Jeezo. I didn't read the bible or the book Revelation so I didn't know. In any case, the fact that it says NEW EARTH suggests either the original was destroyed or it was altered completely which is the same as destroying and starting over. I didn't even know the whole timeline thing so there was no real need to show that cause I couldn't care less about that. I won't even be alive for the end of the earth.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
Shadow_Lord Posted: 10:48 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2033838
Shadow_Lord
+
On 15-Dec-2007 Pooly said:One of my Science teachers said the Earth was 2/3s of the way through it's life.
I think Earth will end in the year 5Billion or something because of a supernova.
That's the sun, not the Earth. And it's halfway, not two thirds.

And the sun's not going to supernova. It's not big enough. Life on Earth will end when it becomes a red giant in a few billion years' time. Earth itself will probably never get destroyed, but become a cold, lifeless rock once the sun becomes a white dwarf. But I'm not an expert.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 13:59 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2034221
Kenny 2x4
+
^He does have a point. The Supernova part is debatable as is any about what will happen to the Sun when it reaches the end of its "life".
In some ways the supernova and the black hole is kind likely in a way due to the laws of physics in space being simply thrown out the window and since simple physics of friction is basically gone there wouldn't be anything to "contain" or "weaken" the blast.
That's me though.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
Shadow_Lord Posted: 14:37 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2034290
Shadow_Lord
+
The sun will not supernova unless our current understanding of astrophysics is very wrong. After a few billion years it will expand to a red giant, then gradually lose its outer layers to become a white dwarf, after which it will gradually cool into a black dwarf.
[center]

[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
super craig Posted: 19:29 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2034765
super craig
+
On 16-Dec-2007 Shadow_Lord said:That's the sun, not the Earth. And it's halfway, not two thirds.

And the sun's not going to supernova. It's not big enough. Life on Earth will end when it becomes a red giant in a few billion years' time. Earth itself will probably never get destroyed, but become a cold, lifeless rock once the sun becomes a white dwarf. But I'm not an expert.
That is my understanding of it as well, bit of let down really, I'd much prefer to have the Earth be completely destroyed by a super nova and go out with a bang rather than just been roasted and left as a shell of its former self.

Just another idea I thought I'd mention as I don't think its been said, is the possibilty that if the Earth did survive, in less than technical terms, for ages it would then be destroyed by the Big Crush, the opposite to the Big Bang where is there isn't enough mass in the universe the gravitational forces would cause it to begin to 'collaspe' in, until we are back to where we started before the Big Bang.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

jord-t Posted: 08:26 Dec17 2007 Post ID: 2035176
jord-t
+
On 16-Dec-2007 Shadow_Lord said:The sun will not supernova unless our current understanding of astrophysics is very wrong. After a few billion years it will expand to a red giant, then gradually lose its outer layers to become a white dwarf, after which it will gradually cool into a black dwarf.
Sound interesting that does

Shadow_Lord Posted: 10:51 Dec17 2007 Post ID: 2035220
Shadow_Lord
+
On 16-Dec-2007 super craig said:That is my understanding of it as well, bit of let down really, I'd much prefer to have the Earth be completely destroyed by a super nova and go out with a bang rather than just been roasted and left as a shell of its former self.

Just another idea I thought I'd mention as I don't think its been said, is the possibilty that if the Earth did survive, in less than technical terms, for ages it would then be destroyed by the Big Crush, the opposite to the Big Bang where is there isn't enough mass in the universe the gravitational forces would cause it to begin to 'collaspe' in, until we are back to where we started before the Big Bang.
That last paragraph is a current theory, yes. I believe whether or not that happens is dependent on the entire mass of the universe. This gets translated into a value which, if it's below 1, the universe will just expand and cool until all the heat's too spread out to really do anything, if it's above 1, the Big Crush as you just described will happen, and if it's equal to 1 a more gentle version of the former will happen. Or at least this is what I read on the BBC website a while ago.

jord-t: This is just simple astrophysics. We're learning at the moment at school in Physics.
[center]

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 12:59 Dec17 2007 Post ID: 2035306
Kenny 2x4
+
On 16-Dec-2007 super craig said:That is my understanding of it as well, bit of let down really, I'd much prefer to have the Earth be completely destroyed by a super nova and go out with a bang rather than just been roasted and left as a shell of its former self.

You mean the "Big Crunch". This is believed because eventually the outward force (i.e. the universe growing at this very moment and second) will weaken so much and be overpowered by the gravity in the centre that holds us all in an orbit in our respective solar systems.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
jord-t Posted: 12:15 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036560
jord-t
+
I believe the sun will die, then explode, burning all of us Doh

Shadow_Lord Posted: 12:27 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036572
Shadow_Lord
+
-_- For someone who's supposedly been very interested in what I've been saying, you don't seem to have been paying much attention. Let me say it one last time:

THE SUN WILL NOT SUPERNOVA. IT'S NOT BIG ENOUGH. SO STOP SAYING IT'S GOING TO EXPLODE.

« Last edited by Shadow_Lord on Dec 18th 2007 »
[center]

Gamerad Posted: 13:28 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036613
Gamerad
+
I think we will find like on another planet anyways, but Global Warming is coming like really soon so ;_; No aliens today!

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:54 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036943
Kenny 2x4
+
On 18-Dec-2007 Shadow_Lord said:-_- For someone who's supposedly been very interested in what I've been saying, you don't seem to have been paying much attention. Let me say it one last time:

THE SUN WILL NOT SUPERNOVA. IT'S NOT BIG ENOUGH. SO STOP SAYING IT'S GOING TO EXPLODE.
Yeah, but when the Sun does grow big enough it might.
None of us said it will at this very moment in time or in the near future because we do know that it has to be quite big first.
So the reason why I believe it may be the case of a super nova because in a very long period of time the sun will be big enough eventually and therefore super nova provided that it does go "kaboom".
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
RJ Fighter Posted: 15:59 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036957
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
Post Likes: 5
+
The end of the Earth will come in May 2008, when the Large Hadron Collider is completed.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.
N/ A Posted: 21:55 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2037595
N/ A
+
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

Sounds fun. Let's do it.

not-applicable @ live . com (No spaces.)
Shadow_Lord Posted: 12:27 Dec19 2007 Post ID: 2038076
Shadow_Lord
+
On 18-Dec-2007 Kenny 2x4 said:Yeah, but when the Sun does grow big enough it might.
None of us said it will at this very moment in time or in the near future because we do know that it has to be quite big first.
So the reason why I believe it may be the case of a super nova because in a very long period of time the sun will be big enough eventually and therefore super nova provided that it does go "kaboom".
I'm not talking about size in terms of volume. I'm talking about size in terms of mass. And the sun's mass is decreasing, not increasing. The fact is, the sun isn't big enough to convert helium into carbon once the hydrogen runs out. Not enough heat/pressure. So for the last time: THE SUN IS NOT GOING TO SUPERNOVA. NOW OR AT ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE. If you don't believe me, ask an astrophysicist. Or a secondary school physics teacher. Or just look on Wiki, for God's sake. IT'S NOT A MATTER UP FOR DEBATE. IT IS A FACT. DENY IT AND YOU MAY AS WELL DENY EVERYTHING ELSE SCIENCE REGARDS AS A FACT.
[center]

Shadow_Lord Posted: 12:31 Dec19 2007 Post ID: 2038077
Shadow_Lord
+
On 18-Dec-2007 RJ Fighter said:The end of the Earth will come in May 2008, when the Large Hadron Collider is completed.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.
Yes, RJ. And people really do die when they travel at speeds of above 30 miles an hour.

Yes, I am being sarcastic. But for those of you who don't know, people, including scientists, did once think that. They used it to object to the invention of the train.
[center]

Displaying Page 5 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close