Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The end of the Earth

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 6 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:55 Dec19 2007 Post ID: 2038332
Kenny 2x4
Post Likes: 0
+
On 19-Dec-2007 Shadow_Lord said:I'm not talking about size in terms of volume. I'm talking about size in terms of mass. And the sun's mass is decreasing, not increasing. The fact is, the sun isn't big enough to convert helium into carbon once the hydrogen runs out. Not enough heat/pressure. So for the last time: THE SUN IS NOT GOING TO SUPERNOVA. NOW OR AT ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE. If you don't believe me, ask an astrophysicist. Or a secondary school physics teacher. Or just look on Wiki, for God's sake. IT'S NOT A MATTER UP FOR DEBATE. IT IS A FACT. DENY IT AND YOU MAY AS WELL DENY EVERYTHING ELSE SCIENCE REGARDS AS A FACT.
Well jeezo no need to be like getting POed. If you said that at first then I wouldn't have said that.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Shadow_Lord Posted: 17:40 Dec19 2007 Post ID: 2038533
Shadow_Lord
+
On 19-Dec-2007 Kenny 2x4 said:Well jeezo no need to be like getting POed. If you said that at first then I wouldn't have said that.
I felt it was clearly implied. Also, after you say "the sun is definitely not going to supernova", it's a bit irritating when someone says "well, it think it might, actually".
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
super craig Posted: 18:37 Dec19 2007 Post ID: 2038613
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 19-Dec-2007 Shadow_Lord said:Yes, RJ. And people really do die when they travel at speeds of above 30 miles an hour.

Yes, I am being sarcastic. But for those of you who don't know, people, including scientists, did once think that. They used it to object to the invention of the train.
So to be honest we don't really have a clue what it would do, whether it would destroy the Earth or not. There is always the possibilty that it may happen but I believe the chance will be so small that it is basically negligible. All of the 'it will cause a black hole' is nothing more than alarmist talk just to add a bit of drama to it, been told that there is a virtually none exsistance chance is far less interesting than saying it is quite probable.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

jord-t Posted: 01:43 Dec20 2007 Post ID: 2039000
jord-t
+
On 19-Dec-2007 super craig said:So to be honest we don't really have a clue what it would do, whether it would destroy the Earth or not. There is always the possibilty that it may happen but I believe the chance will be so small that it is basically negligible. All of the 'it will cause a black hole' is nothing more than alarmist talk just to add a bit of drama to it, been told that there is a virtually none exsistance chance is far less interesting than saying it is quite probable.
The weird thing is, we don't truly know whats out there, we could be in the imagination of something, and when that dies out so could the earth, it's freaky.

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 06:27 Dec20 2007 Post ID: 2039079
Kenny 2x4
+
So many philosophers believed. Like Like Putnam and Paton. The "Brain in a VAT" theory. It's like a crude version of the Matrix, but instead of bodies that are linked up to a computer it's just our "brain". Though it's possible there isn't a brain for everyone since when one "life" ends a new program is then used on it again.
Sorry about that. Just adding to the point above...
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
Shadow_Lord Posted: 12:56 Dec20 2007 Post ID: 2039339
Shadow_Lord
+
I've considered that, but ultimately, I've decided it doesn't matter. To us, this is reality; whether or not it really is reality is irrelevant.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 14:54 Dec20 2007 Post ID: 2039492
Kenny 2x4
+
That and the fact that so far all the theories for this (reality not being real) have all been easily rejected and therefore fail.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
jord-t Posted: 01:57 Dec21 2007 Post ID: 2040337
jord-t
+
The above post is true, but there are many ways the earth could die out, but which one is most likely?

This is a very interesting topic , i'm glad i made it

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:47 Dec22 2007 Post ID: 2042609
Kenny 2x4
+
No idea about which is most feasible (spelling? O_o), but I couldn't possibly fathom it. There's only so much we could possibly do or simulate and so I can't really decide. It's outwith our time.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
super craig Posted: 18:37 Dec22 2007 Post ID: 2042906
super craig
+
On 21-Dec-2007 jord-t said:The above post is true, but there are many ways the earth could die out, but which one is most likely?

This is a very interesting topic , i'm glad i made it
Well as far as I'm concerned the Sun expanding one seems most likely, owing to the fact that it is inevitable, though whether or not some of the more unlikely events happen before then, just for example a meteor hitting the Earth since the Sun expanding is still a long way off so it has certainly got the time span for other stuff to happen.

jord-t Posted: 10:20 Dec23 2007 Post ID: 2043527
jord-t
+
Although the sun is most likely I am sure we will destroy the Earth ourselves in a giant nuclear war or something.

super craig Posted: 20:04 Dec23 2007 Post ID: 2044390
super craig
+
On 23-Dec-2007 jord-t said:Although the sun is most likely I am sure we will destroy the Earth ourselves in a giant nuclear war or something.
I doubt that, I'm sure that we could cause quite a bit of damage with a nuclear war but I don't think that it would be anyway near enough to actually destroy the Earth, maybe the surface of the planet but not all of it.

jord-t Posted: 11:22 Dec24 2007 Post ID: 2045025
jord-t
+
On 23-Dec-2007 super craig said:I doubt that, I'm sure that we could cause quite a bit of damage with a nuclear war but I don't think that it would be anyway near enough to actually destroy the Earth, maybe the surface of the planet but not all of it.
Yes , we wouldn't be able to destroy the whole planet, but maybe a majority of it.

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:16 Dec24 2007 Post ID: 2045360
Kenny 2x4
+
Well it depends on how much we can destroy of the Earth with our nuclear weapons. If we destroy say around half of it, the lack of something to cover our core won't really help out much.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
jord-t Posted: 15:03 Dec25 2007 Post ID: 2046002
jord-t
+
Interesting thought, It's scary not being able to know what happens after death, imagine not being able to hear think see or exist!.

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:49 Dec25 2007 Post ID: 2046058
Kenny 2x4
+
Well we don't know that yet and it's not like we can let anyone know as such. For all we know we may have souls/spirits or even become so called "ghosts".
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
jord-t Posted: 16:30 Dec25 2007 Post ID: 2046115
jord-t
+
Yes, the world is a big mysterious place.

nyeem78 Posted: 11:08 Dec27 2007 Post ID: 2047999
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
On 25-Dec-2007 jord-t said:Yes, the world is a big mysterious place.
Mysterious and ever so vast. We sure haven't scaped the surface of it all in my opinion. Who knows if the earth will end or not. There are many scientific hypothesis to prove it will. But there is reasonable doubt that also proves its forever growing, evolving, changing as time goes on.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

jord-t Posted: 11:16 Dec27 2007 Post ID: 2048016
jord-t
+
never know we could change, Superhumans could be made, then they could eat us, You can never really tell when it will end, but when it does it will be a good show.

gamePat Posted: 14:55 Jan07 2008 Post ID: 2069019
gamePat
+
we are in the end times according to Jesus as He stated in Matthew 24 & 25. His disciples asked Him, what will be a sign of the end and Your 2nd coming? He replied,"wars,& rumors of wars,& famine,&disease,& earthquakes in strange places." You can read about all these things in the newspaper every day. As a member of the evangelical community I encourage every one to make sure of your eternal life. there are only two choices Heaven & hell. He is real, He is coming again. When you read this & then in the future millions of people dissapear off the face of the earth, remember what gamePat said. He is real, the rapture is real, the devil is a liar and he blinds people from the truth. seek God before it's too late. I respectfully ask the moderators to leave this post for all to read. the voice you silence is not mine, but the voice of the Lord.

[b][/b]I'm back... been in the hospital 25 days. Got 2 new titanium hip joints, now I'm the gamePatinator
Displaying Page 6 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close