Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Marijuana

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
N/ A Posted: 21:21 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2037563
N/ A
Post Likes: 0
+
Schizophrenia. Cut out the second "o". You're the only one who's added that in as far as I see.

Shadow Cast basically repeated what I said before in saying that weed takes out your brain cells. So does paint thinner and the like when inhaled for a high.

I still support marijuana for medical use. Never should it be legal, but I also think alcohol should be illegal because of the effects that has, many of which are deadly to those around. Smoking is debatable. It's true, it is bad for you and people around you but not the the extremes alcohol and marijuana are. People have abused the right to drink. That's a whole different topic though, so I'll spare you.

not-applicable @ live . com (No spaces.)
Shadow_Lord Posted: 12:35 Dec19 2007 Post ID: 2038081
Shadow_Lord
+
Is it really relevant? The point is, we know what it is, and we know there's a definite connection between it and cannabis. That's all that's relevant to this discussion.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see N/A's post. Speaking of which... your views on alcohol and cigarettes are debatable. But you're right, that's a different topic.

« Last edited by Shadow_Lord on Dec 19th 2007 »
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Pooly Posted: 16:15 Dec19 2007 Post ID: 2038405
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Basically Marijuana, alcohol and cigarettes are all bad, but Marijuana has the worst effects.
What I've noticed though is that people who do Dope, normally are very stupid, or quite intelligent and do it because they were pressured or wanted to look cool.
Personally I hate to think the stuff can be used medicinally, for people who have MS, like my mother, or people with other diseases or conditions.
I quite detest the thought of it, the worst I'd do is drink some alcohol at a party, and that's normally supervised, I'd never touch cigarettes or marijuana, there are far to many health risks involved altogether.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
super craig Posted: 18:31 Dec19 2007 Post ID: 2038604
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 19-Dec-2007 Pooly said:Basically Marijuana, alcohol and cigarettes are all bad, but Marijuana has the worst effects.
What I've noticed though is that people who do Dope, normally are very stupid, or quite intelligent and do it because they were pressured or wanted to look cool.
Personally I hate to think the stuff can be used medicinally, for people who have MS, like my mother, or people with other diseases or conditions.
I quite detest the thought of it, the worst I'd do is drink some alcohol at a party, and that's normally supervised, I'd never touch cigarettes or marijuana, there are far to many health risks involved altogether.
While it may not be 'nice' to use it medicinally, surely if it can help people then it should be used, not only because of the positive effects it will have but also because it, I would assume be done under the supervision of a doctor or someone similar, will decrease the negative impacts since they will know the exact amounts to use.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

tbug2007 Posted: 08:25 Dec21 2007 Post ID: 2040471
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
Plus, as Alzheimers disease, after some number of brain cells are destroyed, you forget to talk, hear, and your body forgets to eve3n breathe, so yea, people who take it die lots quicker than normal

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Mr_360 Posted: 12:37 Dec23 2007 Post ID: 2043725
Mr_360
+
I did it before school one time and it acaully helped me....I couldnt read..lol......but I wasnt acting up or nothing...did wat the teacher said and no talkin back......I think there is nothing wrong with it ....just like once every couple days though.....it makes me feel extremly happy and very calm
Fwank Posted: 16:28 Dec23 2007 Post ID: 2044073
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
On 23-Dec-2007 Mr_360 said:I did it before school one time and it acaully helped me....I couldnt read..lol......but I wasnt acting up or nothing...did wat the teacher said and no talkin back......I think there is nothing wrong with it ....just like once every couple days though.....it makes me feel extremly happy and very calm
That's "one time", try "frequently", and "many at once".

It's illegal because the 420 culture doesn't actually advocate responsible use of the drug, merely legalizing it for recreational use; recreational smoking/drinking doesn't do any social damage, where as cannabis smoking does.
Mr_360 Posted: 09:07 Dec24 2007 Post ID: 2044869
Mr_360
+
Re: I did it before school one time and it acaully helped me....I couldnt read..lol......but I wasnt acting up or nothing...did wat the teacher said and no talkin back......I think there is nothing wrong with it ....just like once every couple days though.....it makes me feel extremly happy and very calm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont want to smoke it that much because I dont want to be retarted....once in a while is ok though
Wizmo Gizmo Posted: 02:09 Dec26 2007 Post ID: 2046384
Wizmo Gizmo
+
Both my parents are "pot" or "weed" smokers, and so is my older brother. My father has an IQ of one hundred forty-three, and has been smoking marijuana since he was sixteen. Forty years have passed. (He is 56 now) Not once has he had a Schizophrenic experience, and is perfectly normal otherwise. I don't know how long my mother has been smoking it, but it has been at least twenty or so years. She may seem a little odd, but that's just her personality. My brother smokes it infrequently and only for a few years, and he has not had any reduce in brain cells or IQ. There IS such a thing as "Medical Marijuana" and I find it very true. Some people smoke, or eat (in cookies, brownies, among other food items) marijuana to help pain. In media marijuana smokers seem to laugh a lot and act stupid, but that is actually not the case for most smokers of the plant. I hate to see when people say cigarrettes and alcohol are better for you than marijuana, and they compare it to cocaine and heroine, which are "hardcore" drugs. I would not reccomend anyone under the age limit for most things in their country (i.e. 18 or 21 in the U.S.A.) to try marijuana.
Mr_360 Posted: 09:44 Dec27 2007 Post ID: 2047867
Mr_360
+
good piont.....cocaine and heroine are so much worse...you never hear someone dying because of an overdose of weed.....And most people think it is so bad only because most of society says so
nyeem78 Posted: 10:53 Dec27 2007 Post ID: 2047959
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
Well I been around Ganja my whole life growing up in the Virgins Islands nad being the son of a Rastafarian. Its never bothered me or the people that have doen it in drons around me. My brother grows it in the back yard. To each its own, I won't touch the stuff and I don't condemn those who do or don't. Do you at all times is what I beleive.
People have choices and they are gonna do whatever they want to do good or bad. When they know its good for them or not. In my opinion they should make Ganja legal and tax the hell out of it, I bet the US Government would make a killing in sales. Seeing my dad has made thousands of dollars and my brother makes thousands now.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Shadow_Lord Posted: 05:44 Jan13 2008 Post ID: 2077274
Shadow_Lord
+
On 26-Dec-2007 Wizmo Gizmo said:Both my parents are "pot" or "weed" smokers, and so is my older brother. My father has an IQ of one hundred forty-three, and has been smoking marijuana since he was sixteen. Forty years have passed. (He is 56 now) Not once has he had a Schizophrenic experience, and is perfectly normal otherwise. I don't know how long my mother has been smoking it, but it has been at least twenty or so years. She may seem a little odd, but that's just her personality. My brother smokes it infrequently and only for a few years, and he has not had any reduce in brain cells or IQ. There IS such a thing as "Medical Marijuana" and I find it very true. Some people smoke, or eat (in cookies, brownies, among other food items) marijuana to help pain. In media marijuana smokers seem to laugh a lot and act stupid, but that is actually not the case for most smokers of the plant. I hate to see when people say cigarrettes and alcohol are better for you than marijuana, and they compare it to cocaine and heroine, which are "hardcore" drugs. I would not reccomend anyone under the age limit for most things in their country (i.e. 18 or 21 in the U.S.A.) to try marijuana.
You raise some good points. However:

- Your point about your family having not suffered any ill effects: first of all, they may not be smoking it as frequently as some (you've actually said your brother does it infrequently). However, more fundamentally, the fact is that some people react to this stuff badly and others don't. Sometimes it's genetic; others, it's merely down to chance. A lot of people have smoked cigarettes all their lives and suffered little to no ill effects, yet, in face of all the evidence presented in recent years, it's rather hard to deny that they are harmless.

- Your point on "Medical Marijuana": very true. But it's still easy to abuse. I think the only safe way to take it in this respect is on a doctor's prescription.

- Your point on cannabis being compared to other drugs like cocaine and heroin: again, good point. You're quite right to say that it's not in the same league as hardcore drugs. However, at the same time, you've also got to understand that cannabis can be, and indeed often is, a first step on the path to taking drugs like that. It's a slippery slope, to use a common expression. That's not to say that everyone who takes cannabis is going to do hardcore drugs, but there is a definite correlation.
[center]

[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Mr_360 Posted: 15:33 Mar14 2008 Post ID: 2155625
Mr_360
+
well there are different kinds and some get u much higher than others but my opinion is there is nothing wrong with stoners
Shadow_Lord Posted: 07:43 Mar15 2008 Post ID: 2156632
Shadow_Lord
+
We have a new thread for this discussion. Duplicate thread locked.
[center]

Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 297557

Post Top
Click to close