Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
RuneScape 2

Massive Guide

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
librascythe Posted at: 23:24 Jan21 2008 Post ID: 2088061
librascythe
Post Likes: 0
+
+
If you haven't already seen the topic, Rich has offered to but this guide into the Supercheats guides site so good job everyone and i know we can make this guide useful for as long as runescape stays active.

Okay these will be posted in the guide topic after its made, but this is something that everyone on the supercheats site can work on and its own topic to make it easier for the people making to get more organized.

h3llrulz said that a guide for all skills should be made, this is a good idea.. but its to big for my work load right now so a little help is in order.

So how this is going to work out is i am going to write the skills down, and if u want it say so and i'll mark ur name next to, i'll take what ever is left or in between.

Your job is to make a guide giving details info on the skill u picked, u can use other fan site info but u must stated if some of the info is taken from, u cannot take an entire guide from a fan site. Another goal is to add tips and hint to help level, this is the main goal.
When a guide is made post it here, then the other players can take a look over it and add to it or remove if needed. You do not have to do this, and u can stop at any time, but it would be nice if u post what u had.. u can type it here then edit ur post to continue writing ur guide.
After its finished i'll add it to 1 post which will be the entire guide ur name will be next to the title say that u wrote it, any information site u took from will be at the bottom.
You can make pics to help any info but its not needed, and no u cannot take that from another site and claim it as ur own.

This is going to be a big project and any time it might die out, but any skills we have will be made into a Guide. Attack, Strength, Defense, Hitpoints are all in one skill cause not much is different for each. You can pick more than one, but have them on different posts to make it easier. I will pick my skill(s) after a few are chossen, its a first come first serve. Save all comment to someone elses guide until after its been posted.

K here are the Skills

Combat Skills (Attack Defence Strength Hitpoints)-rsaccount
Ranged-shadowfire1138
Prayer -shadowfire1138
Magic -shadowfire1138
Cooking
Woodcutting-king riley
Fletching -king riley
Fishing
Firemaking-Librascythe
Crafting
Smithing
Mining
Herblore
Agility -problemsolver
Thieving
Slayer-Blademaster55 (Completed)
Farming
Runecraft
Hunter-bomba
Construction-Librascythe
Summoning-Librascythe

If i don't write finish by your name it could be i just haven't had time to read all of it.. or i might think something is missing but its really the first option.
I wish u all good luck, we might need it. ^_^

« Last edited by librascythe on Feb 12th 2008 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
librascythe Posted at: 23:36 Jan21 2008 Post ID: 2088070
librascythe
+
+
Okay this is going to be where the Rought Draft of the Guide will go.
/-/ Jett /-/ Posted at: 04:58 Jan23 2008 Post ID: 2089160
/-/ Jett /-/
+
+
yeah good luck with that, no-one really agrees with things i say so yeah.... good luck Thumbs Up.

Add me on xbox live, Il AZA Il if you can't see the 2 letters on each side of AZA there an i and an L, I play COD 4 and Halo 3.

Gamertag is iL AZA iL except i's are caps L's are lower case.
[/center]
rsaccount Posted at: 13:31 Jan23 2008 Post ID: 2089367
rsaccount
+
+
Combat Guide (Attack, Strength, Defense, and Hit-points.)

NOTICE: Member Monsters will be in red.

Melee guide: attack, strength, and defense.
Level 3 -10
Some of the best things to train on are.
• Cows
• Chicken
• Men
• Level 7 dark wizards
• Goblins
• Giant Rats

Ok well this is still in the making im just doing this incase my skool blocks photobucket or supercheats

« Last edited by rsaccount on Jan 24th 2008 »
shadowfire1138 Posted at: 15:16 Jan23 2008 Post ID: 2089463
shadowfire1138
+
+
RANGE-
Introduction- well as i said in my guide, range is probably almost one of the best skills to have if you have a high lvl and a decent amount of money. range can be a way to own your oppanant without getting tocuhed with the help on anceint magiks ( will explain in magic). Range can be trained in a variety of ways, but it takes ALOT of time and ALOT of money ( for arrows).

lvls 1-20- id suggerst trainging on the cows between lumbridge and varrock for now.
buy a bow you CAN wield, and some leather armour. Buy all the bronze arrows you can get and head south of varrock or north of lumbridge to the chickens or teh goblins. kills ether one of them till about 10 range , then head north ( if you at goblins) to the cows and start ranging them. REMEMBER TO PICK YOUR ARROWS UP! if by a chance you have a low cb and def, hide behind the gates to attack cows without recieving damage.

lvls 21-40
f2p- train on hill giants.
go to varrock centre and head west till you see a bridge, head north till you find a building. MAKE SURE U HAVE A A BRASS KEY! enter the building with your key and head south and hide behind some stalagmites. you should see other people doing it, so shoot at the giants and take cover so u dont get hit.
member- if you started or completed the creature of frakenstien quest, i suggest going down the ladder and to the experements. if you didnt head to seers bank. grab about 15 lobsters or food, your range stuff, a teleport ( if you have one, if not use home tele), and head north onto a road that crosses a bridge. follow that raod till you see a wolf, then continue on to a village. keep heading north till you see rocks, lots of people will be there. simply walk right beside it and it will pop up into a rock crab. if they stop popping up, walk to the end of the helmet store ( south of you) and back, they should pop up again. if not walk further basck until it works.
IF YOU ARE Free To Play DONT READ THE NEXT PART!
stay at the rock crabs till atleast 60 range, or experments.
in order to do this part you have to complete the biohazerd quest. look at your world map, go to ardrounouge and look north till you find "king lathas training field".
Get around 10k bronze arrows ( more would be better) or a bone cross bow and 50k+ bolts and head towards the caged ogres. stand in the middle ( outside) of the cage and range the ogres, bt dont pick you arrows up as it takes more time. the only thing ull need to go in there for are ranarr seeds. stay there till your desired range lvl ( if your not getting the exp you want, head to the fire giants from "the waterfall" quest or karamjma lessers)

with 70 range and if you complete regicide you have a very special oppertunity to get the best bow in teh game
now, go and start the quest roving elves (use runehq), after you finish, chose the bow. you will get a 2/10 elf crystel bow, the best bow in game. each charge has 250 shots, i know its sucks. now when your outa chrges you'll get a seed, you can go back to the elves and get it charged for 900k, youll get a full elf c bow. each time you charge it it gets cheaper, also the full bow gives 100+ range bonus. If you dont want another bow, you can sell the seed (used t be 300k, now asround 60k i think).

f2p part- 41-70+
train on hill giants till around 55 range, then get 30gp , steel arrows,ur rnage equipment ( get green dragon hide armour. if you did dragon slayer, you can wear the body, if not , only the vambs and the chaps) and head to port sarim. pay a sailor to go to karajma. once on the island head west. down a rope ( by the lava) and you'll be in a cave with bats. head northwest till red spiders and follow the path south. you'll be at lesser demons. head down till you seea bunch of stalagmites and a small path ( about 3 or 4 steps) and hide there ( it should be at the VERY end of the small island of lessers). range, them pick up the arrows, you know the rutine. stay there till w/e range lvl you want becuase there isn't better exp in f2p.
Thats all i can think of for today! ill edit more when i have more time

NOTE: USING A BONE CROSSBOW AND BOLTS IS THE QUICKEST ADN EASIEST WAY TO GET LVLS UP WITH RANGE, THERE ARE NO QUESTS NEEDED, ONLY DEATH TO DOGERSHOUN (I THINK) IS NEEDED TO USE THE SPECIAL WHICH IS A BIG WASTE.

Magic!
Magic will probably be your best friend other than hp and defence. magic can heal you, freeze people, weakening things, teleport you, pretty much make you unstoppable, UNLESS you are being attacked by rangers. mages dont have good defece so they die faster, but they can EASILY OWN YOU BEFORE YOU CANT LIFT A FINGER OFF THE KEYBOARD!

lvl1-17buy about 1000 minds runes, an air staff, full blue wizard robes, and if possible 2500 fire runes if you want things to go fast. first start by casting wind strike on cows till you cant cast fire strike. continue to cast fire strike until you can finally reach wind bolts ( lvl 17).
this part will cost a hefty price.
buy about 1000 chaos runes and head to draynor, got south the the wizard tower and go upstairs to the caged lesser. mage him until a desired mage lvl. if your f2p, there arn't much ways to get mage up like high alchamy, and mage isnt that usful expet for teleports. id suggest only getting around 50 or 40 mage if your f2p.

THE NEXT PART ONLY READ IF YOUR A MEMBER!
cast all your wind bolts on the lessers untill you have reached 45 magic, if you need more chaos runes, buy more! with 45 magic, cast teh camelot teleport until 55 magic ( that will be around 1.3k law runes). at 55 magic buys about 2k natures runes and 2k yew long or magic long, or even better make them! this is the most expensive, long, hard part. cast high alch on your longbows till all your alchs are gone. NOTE: have nothing in your inventory but the nature runes, the money u get and the longbows. put you nature runes at the bottem of your inventory so you dont accedentally alch them. you should for sure be higher than 60 mage by now.

now for the mage arena!
buy 100 death runes 400 fire runes 6 prayer pot and a defence pot, some mystic robe armour, air staff, food (lobster and above). head to ardrounouge and go west till you see a brdige and a castle
go west of the castle, you 'll see a lever in a empty building, birng no itmes but a knife and pull the lever. go north, cut the web
now go west cut two webs and pull the lever you'll be at the mage arena. talk to the guy in blue robes ( i think its blue) but first get all the stuff i told you to get at the start, talk to him and he'll tele u to the mage arena. kill each monster there, use protect spells or your gunna die like my pure, u do lose all ur stuff. after your done killing all the guys ( use runehq for help), go down the pool of water and pray at the alter of the god u want, i chose saradomin so i got the sara cape. now go and talk to the guy and he'll give u a sara staff(if you chose sara). to use it anywhere, u need to buy 100 casts of the spell and kill the mages in the mage arena, bring prayer pots and runes and mage armour.

Anceint Magik and the word of totally owning people without moving or getting hurt!

to get anceint magiks you have to complete desert treasure! the second hardest quest in the game ( recipe for diaster being the first). after you complete the quest pray at the alter. you will have a new spell book.

ICE SPELLS- ice spells freeze your opponant, rush (55 mage) and blitz(82 mage) hit one person, burst(70 mage) and barrage(94 mage) hit multiple people and can severly hurt them (barrage can do 30s).

rush,burst,blitz, and barrage have four special abilities, like ice and freezing. smoke posions. blood drains hp and gives to you ( im pretty sure), and shadow spells that lower your stats ( i think it was that, i know one of them did). now, a good stratigy to own someone is to get a good bow and arrows ( elf c bow works best), get either runes for ice burst, blitz, or barrage and start casting it own someone, run back and shot two arrowsm then cast again and continue, dont let them get close or ull get hit pretty high.

Continue high alching till a desired mage lvl becuase alching is the fastest way and most effeiceint way to get exp. if you have the time =, money, and the level, cast stun vunerability or enfeelble on enmies to lower their stats, this gives a decent amount of exp.

The lunar spell book ( availible when you complete Lunar diplomacy) can heal and teleport OTHER people and GROUPS of people. i didnt bother with that quest so i dont know much personally other than a spell called vengence dealsthe damage you take from your opponant back to him.

Prayer
prayer is one of the most costly skill because u spend sometimes over 1.5k for A bone that only gives around 85 exp.

NOTE: To make the bones give more experience and save you money and time, Alters from player owned house increase the experience given Gilded alter with 2 Incense burners give the most experience This is a list of alters. Another way to increase the bones experience given is The Ectofuntus, you can use this method at any time but starting Ghosts Ahoy Quest will allow you to use the bank.The temple is located East of Canfis. How to use this method is you need to first make bone meal to do this you go up the stairs near the Ectofuntus and use the bones on the "Bone Grinder" you will need a empty pot, next you need a bucket of ectoplasm which is in the bottom of the temple (its a long walk) once you have the items return to the Ectofuntus and use the Worship option on it the bone meal and the bucket of ectoplasm will be destroyed and you will receive experience. A new method is Barbarian training, this is Pyre Ships you need the same amount of crafting level as firemaking level after you make a ship it will give you a prayer boost on the next bones you bury, up to 300% and 5 bones. Among these are a few others Shades burning (Do Shades or Mort'ton Quest to do this method) another way is killing Ghasts you need to have done the quest "Nature Spirit" to kill them and they only give 30 experience.

id suggest buying around... 1k big bones. if your f2p, bury them, if your members id suggest using someones gilded alter. when your done you should hopefully have around.... Burying 1,000 big bones will get you to level 31 Prayer, while using on alter you will be level 43 Prayer (Members only option)

f2p- big bone till desired lvl
p2p- dragon or big bone till desired lvl (roughly 1,500gold a bone)

The Rewards
The major reason of prayer are the 3 Protect from prayers (Range, Magic, Melee) with those 3 prayers quests will become a little easier it not alot. But aside from those prayer there are other rewards, (i am making a pic of the rest of prayer, so this is still not done)

Other
Gravestones, this is a topic that needs to be covered but instead of making a topic on its own i'll put in the only skill they interact with. Now when you die instead of the items you lost showing to other players right away a gravestone now guards the items you lost, giving you a chance to run back and collect what you lost, but there is a time limit staring at 2 Minutes and going to 3 minutes (ftp) and for members 2 Minutes to 5 Minutes. For free to players you must have done the quest "Restless Ghost" to buy new gravestones, once thats has been done talk to Father Aereck in Lumbridge Church and he will sell you new gravestones that will stay with you until you buy a new one. Members must have done that quest and "The Giant Dwarf" to buy member gravestones from Blasidar the sculptor in Keldagrim.
Free to player Gravestones: Memorial Plaque- Starter (2 minutes), Flag- Cost 50gold (2 minutes), Small Gravestone- 500gold (2 Minutes), Ornate Gravestone- 5,000gold (3 Minutes)
Member Gravestones: Memorial Plaque- Starter (2 minutes),Font of Life-50,000gold (4 Minutes), Stele-50,000gold (4 Minutes),Symbol of Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix-50,000gold (4 Minutes), Symbol of Bandos-50,000gold (4 Minutes) [Land of the Goblins Quest], Symbol of Armadyl-50,000gold (4 Minutes) [Temple of Ikov Quest], Ancient Symbol-50,000gold (4 Minutes) [Desert Treasure Quest], Angel of Death-500,000gold (5 Minutes). If you die near friends (or someone who is nice enough to help) that person(s) can repair you gravestone to make it last longer (but it will crumble after 1 hour of your death, or if you log out, or die and drop more items) repair the stone will allow it to stay for 5 minutes, at the cost for 5 prayer points, while if a player uses the "Bless" option (70 Prayer is required) but this will make the stone stay for up to a hour at a huge cost of prayer points. Also Member stones work in ftp worlds.
70 prayer is also needed to have you family crest become that of Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix for people who have high enough construction level to have a family crest.

By Shadowfire1138
~Edited by Librascythe

« Last edited by shadowfire1138 on Feb 12th 2008 »

Havn't been around for a year :(.
Blademaster55 Posted at: 17:38 Jan23 2008 Post ID: 2089698
Blademaster55
+
+
If you need any help libra feel free to ask me. I will gladly help out.

Avatar by Vasco and Signature by Craizen

Retired Super Moderator at Supercheats .com - Retired Moderator at Planetrenders.net

Firefighting and Bullriding is my life, wouldn't trade it for anything.
king riley Posted at: 19:13 Jan23 2008 Post ID: 2089787
king riley
Forum GuestMember
+
+
FLETCHING

Level 1-10

If you want the best experience, you should go to Edgeville, and if you look behind the bank there are several normal trees. Get out your hatchet and your knife and start cutting the trees until all of them are gone, then fletch all the logs into Arrow Shafts. Since they are stackable you won't have to worry about banking them. You will need to make 3,497 of them. It's only about 1.3k logs if you are buying.

Level 10-25

From here I would stick with normal Longbows until Oak Longbows as they give almost the same experience as an Oak shortbow, but are faster to cut and can be found closer to a bank if you're cutting. You will need to make 699 Normal Longbows (u) before reaching 25 fletching.

Level 25-40

Stick with making Oak Longbows (u) until 40 fletching as they seem to be the best unless you're going to buy your logs. You will need to make 1,176 of these before you reach 40 fletching.

Level 40-55

From here on, I would go to Seers' Village as that is the best place for people your level and up. If you're cutting your own logs, cut north of the bank. Now make 3,082 Willow Longbows (u) for 55 fletching. If you think this is hard, it might help if i told you that i got here in 2 days!

Level 55-70

Now this is one of the longest and hardest stretches. From here on out you are going to be stringing all of your bows as they give much better exp that way. Now you will need to make 4,881 Maple Longbows (s) until level 70.

Instead of fletching all these bows and stringing them, you could buy twice as many logs and just fletch the bows. Based on Grand Exchange prices, this would greatly lower the price. This is recommended if you are not made of money, but it may be slower. (way slower)

Level 70-80

Ok, now you are at one of the hardest parts of leveling fletching. You will need to make 8,323 Yew Longbows (s) before level 80, all I can say is good luck. At least it's good money.

Level 80-85

Now you have a choice: you can either stick with Yew Longbows or go to Magic Shortbows. If you're buying the logs, I recommend Magic Shortbows as they give more experience. However, if you're cutting your own logs then even at 99 woodcutting it's faster to use Yew longbows instead of Magic Shortbows, as Magic Logs are much slower to cut.
If you decide to stick with Yew Longbows you will need to make 8,484 of them.
If you decide to move on to Magic Shortbows you will need to make 7,620 of them before level 85.

You made it! Now I would go do something else for a while - maybe alchemy, or sell all those bows you just made and buy yourself something nice, or train wc to get more logs. Only serious fletchers need to continue beyond this point.

Level 85-99

If you really want to get level 99 fletching, you will need to make 53,420 Magic Longbows! If I were you, i'd stop now and just get 99 whenever I feel like clickin 3 bazillion times.

Once you hit level 90, you will have the ability to make every fletchable item in RuneScape!!!

WOODCUTTING

Level 1 to 15

As soon as you are off Tutorial Island, you're looking to cut some trees. You should start off with a Bronze Axe, given to you by the Survival Expert on Tutorial Island. Now it's time to actually start cutting some logs. Since you are near Lumbridge, just walk northfollowing the road until you find a general store. Just to the west of the shop there are plenty of regular trees to get you from level 1 to 15.
After you cut a load of logs, just go and sell them to the shop to clear out your inventory. To get to level 15 from level 1, you will need to cut 97 logs. Please note, if you just don't like the looks of Lumbridge, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of other places for you to cut logs. Anywhere you walk there will be trees! If you are close to a bank, then bank your logs. If you are close to a shop, sell them. This will be maybe 15 minutes at the most, unless you are easily distracted.

Level 15 to 30

Now that you have spent time cutting logs from the west of the shop, you can move on to cutting those beautiful old oaks. You can stick where you are in Lumbridge (there are two oak trees west of the shop), or you can continue wandering around the realm of RuneScape, exploring and cutting as you go. If you choose to stay in Lumbridge, then continue selling the logs to the shop for the usual low price. Of course, always keep a look out for better opportunities. Members also have the ability to cut Oak Logs outside of the Castle Wars mini game. With a bank nearby, it cannot be beat. Once you get to level 21 woodcutting, consider buying a Mithril Axe from a fellow player. At 1,000 to 2,000 coins, they may seem a little pricey (for the new players), but it's worth it. To get from 15 to 30 woodcutting, you will have to cut 293 Oak Logs.

Level 30 and Up

Oaks have got to be getting boring, right? Well time to move onto Willow Logs! If you are going to continue power cutting, here are four options for you to choose from: stick with Lumbridge, move west to Draynor, move even further west to the Crafting Guild, or visit the secluded Rimmington. If you stick with Lumbridge, go ahead and sell your logs to the shop to get 4 coins for each log.

If you are getting tired of Lumbridge, walk west till you find Draynor, the city of willows. Right next to the bank, you'll find around 6 Willow Trees. It is well worth your time to bank them. Players buy Willow Logs for up to 20 coins a piece! Much better than selling to a shop for 4 coins a piece.
If you really just want to get through this section of woodcutting without distractions, there is always the cut and drop method. Just north of the Crafting Guild, located west of Falador's Southern Gates, are plenty of willow trees, and all of them are yours. Hardly anyone goes out there, so you will have your trees and your silence.
A good guide would be unable to go on without mentioning the trees in Rimmington and all of their possibilities. There are many willows there, just south of a general store. Sell the logs, or drop them.

The following quests give experience as a reward-
Grim Tales - 14,000 exp
Fremennik Isles - 10,000 exp
Icthlarin's' Little Helper - 4,000 exp
Hero's Quest - 3,075 exp
Fremennik Trails - 2,813 exp
Animal Magnetism - 2,500 exp
Eyes of Glouphrie - 2,500 exp
Monk's Friend - 2,000 exp
Enlightened Journey - 1,500 exp
Recipe for Disaster - 1,500 exp

All information taken from my noggin.

~king riley/kid riley13~

« Last edited by king riley on Feb 6th 2008 »

ty Youkou 4 de nice sig!
[center]Xtreme Top 100 - TopOfGames
bomba Posted at: 23:07 Jan23 2008 Post ID: 2090070
bomba
+
+
I supose I can take hunter but I'm not reserving it. if someone else wants to go ahead and wright it before me. and hunter is my favorite (Got to lvl 52 in one day) so yeah feel free to wright one but if no one does I will in this spot.

librascythe Posted at: 00:34 Jan24 2008 Post ID: 2090104
librascythe
+
+
hmm k i'll go take

Summoning, Construction, and fireMaking..

and blade none is needed but its always nice.. cause chances are any of the ones that are not done i'm going have to do lol....

Hmm well i made one, but its just a rough draft, your can be shorter or longer there isn't a limit, this is just what i thought could be helpful, any tips for it?
Another idea is we should try and get it to where it has sepreate sections.. i'll get more on this later.. well tomorrow

« Last edited by librascythe on Jan 24th 2008 »
librascythe Posted at: 01:12 Jan24 2008 Post ID: 2090115
librascythe
+
+
Fire Making Guide

Okay to start off fire making is a semi useless skill, but even so its a skill to train. This skill is simple all you do is light logs, or lanterns till you get the level you need. One of the better logs to use for this is Maples it is a little more expensive but its a little quicker, but alot also use willows as they are alot cheaper, current price of Maples is 40gp ea, Willows 20gp ea (prices will change often). Of course you can do quests to help get firemaking exp but not alot of quests really give experience. There are 3 ways of getting logs, First is chop them yourself, of course this will give you woodcutting exp but you also need patience and level to cut the logs, another way is to buy them now with the grand exchange up it is easier to buy the logs you need, example i bought 91,000 maples in a matter of seconds. The final way is simple free, this is not the greatest way but you could beg (really don't its annoying) or find people on the forums who are Power Leveling woodcutting skill (Power Leveling is you drop everything you collect) they normally advertise on runescapes main forums that they are power leveling this allows people to come and collect what they drop.

Okay now to continue, to light logs you need to first buy your self a Tinder Box, you can get these from other players or the general store normally cheap, or if your a member and went thru the barbarian training you can light logs with a bow this is a little harder and the tinder box is what i recommend. Barbarian training is for members only this is where you learn to fish with your bare hand, without any tools (lobster box, harpoons..) but what i am covering is the log lighting, to start the training you need to talk to ____ who is south of the Fishing Guide, you can also get closer to him by using a Gamers Neckless and teleporting to barbarian outpost (its a mini game) and from there i think its a walk south (i'll confirm later). Okay we'll go a little more into the use of firemaking, this only uses for it are really to be able to light your lantern (or light source) these are used to explore caves or dungeons. Another use of firemaking is simple to make a fire to cook on this is the most common use for it most bring logs and a tinderbox to light the logs to cook a common spot for this is on Karmaja the lobster spot. Now a little more into firemaking, When you light logs you'll move East to West, and you cannot light fires over objects (objects are Plants, hills, and Snow Piles made by Snowglobes) while you can still light fire under people and pets. When you hit a spot you cannot light a fire you will move one space east.

Tips, first is to find a spot to light logs what your looking for is a spot with at least 28 spaces west (a clear line is best as it allows you to make fires quickly and gain more exp) near a bank is the best area to look for. There are a few spots that i know of and here i will list them. First is Varrock, Start at the west bank and get a full supplies of logs (27 logs and 1 tinderbox) then run east to the staff shop still on the road start lighting logs you'll end up near/ at the varrock west bank, there you just run back in and get more logs and and run back to the spot u started at and move one spot south of it so you start another line next to it there you light the logs and end near the bank there you redo these 2 methods. Another spot is Faledor the place to start is at the East bank you can walk right outside the door and light, you might be stopped by the wall of a house down the line but then you can continue near it. The last spot for Ftp that i am going to discuss is Draynor Village Here you go to the bank then go east and start this at the base of the Oak Tree, and light the logs, there is only one spot that will go straight thru and not hit something but the other you can get use to, the line near the bank will end at the toy stall but here you move south one square and continue to light logs, this will end near the same lines end. Okay this is an area to increase both Woodcutting and Log buring, there are a set of Willow Trees West of Draynor (across the wall in Port Sarim) the willow trees are near the spirit tree farming patch here you chop willows and then burn the logs you have gotten, you will not be able to get 27 logs at once but its a nice area to train both.

Member spots, there are a couple requirements for this one first you most have at least gotten half way thru the quest "In Aid of the Myreque" so that you have repaired the bank and can use it, go to the town Burgh De Rott, and go to the bank then simple light logs outside the bank door you should end at the fence if you end to early just move a few spots east and do it again. Another spot is Port Phasmatys here you just need ecto tokens (5) to enter the gate and a Ghost Speaking Amulet to allow quicker access to the bank, also you must be able to get there it is East of Canfis, so the quest needed for that is "Priest in Peril" This spot is also right out side the door of the bank, you can go a little East and then just light logs till you reach the plant/fence near the general store building. The last spot I am talking about is is Seers Village (Camelot) this is also right near the bank and have a nice long right out side the bank door. Well that all I am going to talk about good luck as this skill just like many also need alot of Patience. Information was from memory of playing Runescape.

By:Librascythe

« Last edited by librascythe on Jan 24th 2008 »
Town Idiot25 Posted at: 09:22 Jan24 2008 Post ID: 2090243
Town Idiot25
DANG IT BOBBEH!
+
+
Sign me up for mining.
I will be able to get a guide for that.

A Quote
Within a Quote?

POSTCEPTION
Blademaster55 Posted at: 21:21 Jan24 2008 Post ID: 2091001
Blademaster55
+
+
Alright Libra. Just let me know if you need help.

« Last edited by Blademaster55 on Jan 25th 2008 »

Retired Super Moderator at Supercheats .com - Retired Moderator at Planetrenders.net

h3llrulz Posted at: 16:31 Jan25 2008 Post ID: 2091678
h3llrulz
+
+
too bad i cant help because 1. i havnt been playing the newly pdated runescape and 2. the remaining skills are my least favourite so i have no clue on how to lvl up faster

Wont be very active
shadowfire1138 Posted at: 11:10 Jan26 2008 Post ID: 2092327
shadowfire1138
+
+
hey libra cant i use my guide but update a bit more for my selceted topics?[i][/i]

librascythe Posted at: 06:38 Jan29 2008 Post ID: 2095747
librascythe
+
+
sorry i havn't had much time for computer and i don't right now, but i'll post here and take care of the other thread..

First good job everyone so far, i'll start making them into a post but we can keep it out to see if any other tips can be thought of, Second yes u could shadowfire, but i seen u made a detailed guide i don't have any time to read any of them.
Sheimi X Posted at: 08:17 Jan29 2008 Post ID: 2095779
Sheimi X
+
+
On 25-Jan-2008 h3llrulz said:too bad i cant help because 1. i havnt been playing the newly pdated runescape and 2. the remaining skills are my least favourite so i have no clue on how to lvl up faster
[this is final type u forgot about its called Shadow Blitz,Barrage,etc.]
I think you have a superb Magic guide,u beat me to it =(
sig by Me!
bomba Posted at: 09:28 Jan29 2008 Post ID: 2095800
bomba
+
+
Sorry I haven't been able to write it i've been busy with monkey madness so as soon as I get that done (I'm at the part where I got the bar and I gotta gte into the temple to make the amulet, but the guards keep killing me). So yeah should be later today, or tommorow morning.

shadowfire1138 Posted at: 09:37 Jan30 2008 Post ID: 2096990
shadowfire1138
+
+
On 29-Jan-2008 Sheimi X said:[this is final type u forgot about its called Shadow Blitz,Barrage,etc.]
I think you have a superb Magic guide,u beat me to it =(
ah tysm man, im not mem anymore so i can swicth spell book.

Blademaster55 Posted at: 09:36 Feb02 2008 Post ID: 2101028
Blademaster55
+
+
Slayer Guide

A detailed guide created by Blademaster55

This slayer guide is property of Blademaster55, editing rights go to Blademaster55 and librascythe. Any other attempts to recreate this guide will be closed or deleted.

Introduction to the guide:

Hello, as most of you Runescape 2 players know the skill Slayer was introduced to the game on January 26 2005. The skill included new areas added to the Runescape world along with many new monsters to kill and many new items. Though in order to kill some of these monsters you needed to have the appropriate slayer level. Slayer is one of the tougher skills to get up. It requires a good combat level and a wide range of completed quests in order to reach some of the monsters.

Reasons why you should do slayer:

Slayer monsters can give you a lot of exp for your normal combat skills. Also many items can only be dropped by a slayer monsters, so if you are short on cash you can get your slayer level up and go kill the monster and you might get the item. However a good point of slayer is that it takes you all over the map and kind of forces you to do quests, and many other things. You are able to battle new monsters in different places and be able to get better drops. Common items that are slayer dropped only are, rune boots, slayer mask, granite maul, and the all well known abyssal whip. You are able to make a lot of money off of the regular drops also. Slayer monsters also give you excellent exp for your normal everyday combat skills. So when you need to train you can get a slayer task and then train. I used slayer to get my 100 combat when I was a member and it was fun while I was doing it.

Slayer: is a members only skill.

New Areas Added:
When the Slayer task was released so was many new monsters. Though Jagex didn't know where to put them all. So along with the new Slayer skill Jagex made knew locations for Slayer Monsters to go.

Slayer Tower is located directly north of Mort Myre Swamp in Morytania, northwest of Canifis.

Slayer Cave is located near the Fremminik Provenance .

Lumbridge Swamp is located behind the lumbridge castle a little past where you start the lost city quest. You need a light source in order to go down there.

How to gain experience in Slayer:

In order to gain experience in the Slayer skill you have to receive a slayer task from a Slayer Master. There are five Slayer Masters in total. The Slayer Masters have the ability to give you any monster at random depending on who you go to. If you go to the Master in Shilo you will have a better chance of getting Iron Dragons then getting cows. They have this worked out so it challenges you when you go to them. The following are the five Slayer Masters and some monsters that you are most likely to get from them. Though they are still able to give you different monsters that aren't on the list.

Slayer Master: Turael
Minimum Combat Level: Level 3
Notes:
Turael is the easiest Slayer Master. He will give you the easiest monsters. He also holds the ability to change your slayer task. For example, if you go to Duradel and get steel dragons, and you know for a fact you can't or don't want to kill them, then you can come to Turael and he will change your task to an easy assignment. He will only change it once so whatever he gives you, you must complete before getting another assignment. Here is a list of monsters he has been known to give,

Banshees
Bats
Bears
Crawling Hands
Dogs
Dwarves
Ghosts
Goblins
Icefiends
Kalphites - This does not mean queen, it can be any kalaphite monster in the lair.
Monkeys
Skeletons
Spiders
Werewolves
Wolves

Slayer Master: Mazchna
Minimum Combat Level: Level 20
Notes:
Mazchna is a easier Slayer Masters, he gives out pretty easy tasks for you to complete. He is not super easy, but he is pretty good if you are in the 20's or 30's. Some monsters he is know to give are,

Basilisks
Blue Dragons
Cave Crawlers
Crawling Hands
Dagannoths
Green Dragons
Earth Warriors
Hellhounds
Hill giants
Kalphites
Moss Giants
Otherworldy Beings
Rock Slugs
Shades Mort'on
Shadow Warriors
Skeletons
Trolls
Vampires
Werewolves - Also Wolfmen and Wolfwomen

Slayer Master: Vannaka
Minimum Combat Level: Level 40
Notes:
Vannaka is a good starter. He gives out challenging monsters once in a while, and usually gives out decent monsters. Monsters he is known to give are,

Aberrant Specters
Banshees
Basilisks
Bloodvelds
Blue Dragons
Bronze Dragons
Cave Bugs
Cave Crawlers
Cave Slimes
Cockatrice
Crawling Hands
Crocodiles
Dagannoths
Earth Warriors
Elves
Fire Giants
Green Dragons
Harpie Bug Swarm
Hellhounds
Hillgiants
Ice Giants
Lesser Demons
Moss Giants
Rock Slugs
Shadow Warriors
Trolls
Turoths
Vampires
Werewolves - Wolfmen and Wolfwomen

Slayer Master: Chaeldar
Minimum Combat Level: Level 70
Notes:
Chaeldar is one of the better slayer masters to go to for tasks. She is the intermediate Slayer Master. She will give you a slight challenge when she gives you a slayer task. Some monsters that she is known to give are,

Basilisks
Bronze Dragons
Blue Dragons
Cave Slime
Cave Crawlers
Cockatrice
Infernal Mages
Crawling Hands
Dagannoths
Elves
Fire Giants
Hell Hounds
Iron Dragons
Jelly
Lesser Demons
Pyrefiends
Steel Dragons
Trolls

Slayer Master: Duradel
Minimum Combat Level: Level 100
Notes:
Duradel is the hardest Slayer Master. He gives out the most difficult tasks of all of the Slayer Masters. He is commonly know to give out metal dragons and high level monsters. People often switch out their tasks because they are so difficult. Though if you do get a strong monster such as steel dragons, he won't give you 100 steel dragons, he will give you them in small amounts like 20 steel dragons. He Also holds the Slayer Skillcape, so when you have accomplished 99 slayer, which is very hard to do, go to him and you can collect the slayer skillcape. Some monsters that he is known to give are,

Bronze Dragons
Iron Dragons
Kalaphites - It doesn't have to be the queen, you can kill any kalaphite monster that is in the queen's lair.
Aberrant Specters
Turoths
Fire Giants
Greater Demons
Steel Dragons

Slayer Items:
Along with the new monsters that have been released with the new skill new items have been added to. These items are used to be able to kill certain slayer monsters. You need to have some of these items equipped or you have to have them in your inventory in order to successfully kill a slayer monster that requires an item. All of these items can be purchesed from any slayer master.

Level Need to Use: Item: Use of Item: Cost:

None - Enchanted Gem - This allows you to communicate with your Slayer Master to see your progress on your current slayer task. - 1gp
None - Ice Cooler - Used to finish off desert lizards - 1gp
1 - Bag of Salt - Used to kill Rockslugs when hp is 0 - 60gp
1 - Spiny Helmet (Requires 5 Defence) - Used to decrease damage dealt by wall beasts - 650gp
1 - Rock Hammer - Used to kill gargoyles when hits are at 0 - 650gp
10 - Face mask - Used to decrease damage done by dust devils - 200gp
15 - Ear Muffs - used to decrease damage done by Banshees - 200gp
25 - Mirror shield - Used to decrease damage done by Cockatrice and Basilisks - 5,000gp (5k)
32 - Fishing Explosive - You use it on Ominous fishing spots at mudskipper point to get a Mogre to come out of the water - 60gp
33 - Harpie Bug Lantern (Not a Light Source) - Protection from the Harpie Bug Swarm - 130gp
35 - Witchwood Icon - Protection against Cave Horrors - 900gp
37 - Insulated Boots - protection against killerwats - 200gp
39 - Slayer Bell - Knocks off Molanisks - 150gp
42 - Slayer Gloves - Used for slaying Fever spiders. If you fight them without these gloves, you will get diseased - 200gp
55 - Leaf Bladed Spear (With 50 Attack) - Killing Turoths and Kurasks - Only weapon that works - 31,000gp (31k)
55 - Broad Arrow (With 50 Range) - Killing Turoths and Kurasks - Only arrow that works - 60+gp
55 - Slayer's Staff (With 50 Magic) - Allows use of the Magic Dart spell to kill Turoths and Kurasks - Only magic spell that works - 21,000gp (21k)
56 - Crystal Chime -
57 - Fungicide Spray - Allows you to kill Zygomites - 300gp
60 - Nose Peg - Protection against Aberrant Specters - 200gp

Slayer Monsters:
This is a list of all of the slayer monsters that are currently in Runescape. I will also include the levels of the monsters, the slayer level required to battle them and I may come back later and add the locations of these monsters. These monsters are scattered all over the map and for some of them you are required to of finished quests in order to reach them.

Combat Level: Slayer Level: Monster Name:
5 - 8, 12 - Crawling Hands
7 - 6,96 - Cave Bugs
10 - 23 - Cave Crawlers
15 - 23 - Banshees
17 - 23 - Cave Slime
20 - 29 - Rockslugs
22 - 24,42 - Desert Lizards
25 - 37 - Cackatrice
30 - 43 - Pyrefiends
32 - 60 - Mogres
33 - 46 - Harpie Bug Swarms
35 - 49 - Wall Beasts
37 - 55 - Killerwatts
39 - 51 - Molanisks
40 - 61 - Basilisks
40 - 100, 110 - Terror Dogs
42 - 49 - Fever Spiders
45 - 66 - Infernal Mages
47 - 70 - Brine Rats
50 - 76 - Bloodvelds
52 - 78 - Jellies
55 - 83, 85, 87, 89 - Turoth
56 - 28 - Warped Terrorbirds
56 - 96 - Warped Tortoises
57 - 74, 86 - Mutated Zygomites
58 - 80 - Cave Horrors
59 - - Wild Jade Vine
60 - 96 - Aberrant Specter
60 - 122 - Spiritual Rangers
63 - 93 - Dust Devils
65 - 125 - Spiritual Warriors
70 - 106 - Kurask
72 - 140 - Skeletal Wyverns
75 - 111 - Gargoyles
80 - 115 - Nechryael
83 - 120 - Spiritual Mages
85 - 124 - Abyssal Demons
90 - 182 - Dark Beasts

Slayer Skillcape:
The Slayer skillcape is a cape that marks your accomplishment of achieving 99 slayer. You must have 99 slayer in order to buy this cape for 99,000gp (99k) from the Slayer Master Duradel in Shilo Village. Depending on whether you have a previous 99 skill already. If you all ready have a 99 skill then your cape will be Slayer Cape (t) as in Slayer Cape trimmed. It will be black with the slayer logo in the center and if it is trimmed it will have red shoulder pads, and red stripes on both sides of the cape. When you purchase the cape the slayer hood will come free.

« Last edited by Blademaster55 on Feb 3rd 2008 »

Blademaster55 Posted at: 09:39 Feb02 2008 Post ID: 2101033
Blademaster55
+
+
On 30-Jan-2008 shadowfire1138 said:ah tysm man, im not mem anymore so i can swicth spell book.
I am sure someone can help out. I have finished my Slayer Guide, or at least somewhat finished it. Any comments on it?

« Last edited by Blademaster55 on Feb 2nd 2008 »

Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close