Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Homosexuality Debates

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
Darklightness1 Posted: 13:39 Feb22 2008 Post ID: 2131592
Darklightness1
Post Likes: 0
+
Well Biblically it's not right(though I'm not personally against it), it doesn't mean that someone who is gay can't be accepted into heaven, because by Bible standards its a sin, NOT a garentee (sorry for the spelling) that you go to heck.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 13:47 Feb22 2008 Post ID: 2131604
Flareon Dude_
+
oh come now, are you seriously so childish as to not say hell?

Because it's not a sin to plainly say hell, just a sin to misuse it, such as: 'go to hell!'.

THAT would constitute as a sin.

Besides, we've been through the whole 'it's in the Bible that it's wrong' thing. Look back a page.

Also, if you're gonna post something like that, you need to back yourself up. WHERE in the Bible does it say it's wrong to be a homosexual? If you don't supply this stuff, Fwank will just delete your posts on sight.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
Darklightness1 Posted: 14:17 Feb22 2008 Post ID: 2131629
Darklightness1
+
(off-topic)..................it was already posted so I didnt want to resay somthing that was already said.........(oh and btw I got in trouble on here for saying the place and I didn't misuse it at all, so I didn't need to be in trouble again and that could be called flaming for calling me childish or flame-baiting)

(on-topic)Still I stand on what I said before, though it is a sin im not against it in anyway. But what I do find a little weird is why people are against it. I mean are they just cruel or way too religous or what. Though I do know the answer for some people, but the other ones, It still escapes me why.
Fwank Posted: 14:44 Feb22 2008 Post ID: 2131645
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
Christianity believes a life born into sin; everybody's a sinner, gay or otherwise, hence why I hate it when people dismiss something simply because "it's a sin according to the book".

I can acknowledge that there are plenty of entries in the new testament that accounts homosexuality to be something negative, so I don't really need people to bring up bible verses... (I mean obviously you've read it before, otherwise you wouldn't be mentioning it, would you?)

And for the record, if you guys exhibit a keen interest in the discussion without having to bomb your own posts with grammatical errors, I give leeway even if you employ a rough tone, so long as you're doing so to make a point.

By the way, regarding the adoption thing: gay couples adopting... it really depends on the couple's lifestyle, there's no real parameters to tell how the kid would turn out really... and real life cases... usually the kid turns out to be a very kind and tolerant soul (girls... haven't met any guys with gay parents yet...)
Catharsis Posted: 19:08 May18 2008 Post ID: 2244514
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
I'll revive the discussion with this.

Yes, it mentions Chris Crocker, but it applies to homosexuality in general. It offers another interpretation of the Biblical passages commonly used in support of the theory that God condemns homosexuality.

Thoughts?

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
ShadowsTM Posted: 16:35 May19 2008 Post ID: 2245916
ShadowsTM
+
On 18-May-2008 Catharsis said:I'll revive the discussion with this.

Yes, it mentions Chris Crocker, but it applies to homosexuality in general. It offers another interpretation of the Biblical passages commonly used in support of the theory that God condemns homosexuality.

Thoughts?
So your saying the bible doesn't say it isn't right to be Homosexual?
Because I always thought the bible said the opposite and The Chris crocker was random.

Jordan

Catharsis Posted: 16:55 May19 2008 Post ID: 2245956
Catharsis
+
On 19-May-2008 ShadowsTM said:So your saying the bible doesn't say it isn't right to be Homosexual?
Because I always thought the bible said the opposite and The Chris crocker was random.
Did you even watch the video? Yes, that's exactly it's saying.

As for the Chris Crocker... Well, he is likely the most famous homosexual YouTube "celebrity" since the Britney video, so I assume that's why he was used as an example.

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
ShadowsTM Posted: 10:54 May20 2008 Post ID: 2246890
ShadowsTM
+
On 19-May-2008 Catharsis said:Did you even watch the video? Yes, that's exactly it's saying.

As for the Chris Crocker... Well, he is likely the most famous homosexual YouTube "celebrity" since the Britney video, so I assume that's why he was used as an example.
But surely, if the bible says that, why is it known as adam and eve that started up the big family of humans, surely it would include a homosexual couple as well e.g adam and steve?

Jordan

Fwank Posted: 10:15 May21 2008 Post ID: 2248154
Fwank
+
On 18-May-2008 Catharsis said:I'll revive the discussion with this.

Thoughts?
I thought of Thomas the Tank Engine.

Other than that... Don't know? It's too vague and the maker of the video puts too much emphasis on the fact that I'm an educated/smart Christian to make his arguments...

Personally? That same line: humans are born into a life of sin, they are burdened by the sins of their fathers, and them their fathers before them (sorta indirectly refers to Adam/Eve as well in that sense). Hence, everybody is condemned to hell as long as you're not in love with Jesus or something (which, in my opinion, would be so much easier if I were gay...)
Shadow_Lord Posted: 14:33 May21 2008 Post ID: 2248373
Shadow_Lord
+
On 20-May-2008 ShadowsTM said:But surely, if the bible says that, why is it known as adam and eve that started up the big family of humans, surely it would include a homosexual couple as well e.g adam and steve?
So if the Bible doesn't specifically condone something, it automatically forbids it...?
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Catharsis Posted: 18:55 May21 2008 Post ID: 2248977
Catharsis
+
On 20-May-2008 ShadowsTM said:But surely, if the bible says that, why is it known as adam and eve that started up the big family of humans, surely it would include a homosexual couple as well e.g adam and steve?
Which brings us on to part 2.

Catharsis Posted: 19:09 May21 2008 Post ID: 2249004
Catharsis
+
On 21-May-2008 Fwank said:I thought of Thomas the Tank Engine.

Other than that... Don't know? It's too vague and the maker of the video puts too much emphasis on the fact that I'm an educated/smart Christian to make his arguments...

Personally? That same line: humans are born into a life of sin, they are burdened by the sins of their fathers, and them their fathers before them (sorta indirectly refers to Adam/Eve as well in that sense). Hence, everybody is condemned to hell as long as you're not in love with Jesus or something (which, in my opinion, would be so much easier if I were gay...)
"It's too vague"

Can't you be specific about that? Seriously. You really can't just say "It's vague" without explaining why and expect not to be accused of hypocrisy... Although I will concede that the video wastes a lot of time inflating the egos of its Christian viewers. You do have a point there.

ShadowsTM Posted: 09:28 May22 2008 Post ID: 2249562
ShadowsTM
+
On 21-May-2008 Shadow_Lord said:So if the Bible doesn't specifically condone something, it automatically forbids it...?
No, what I'm trying to say is, why doesn't it have a homosexual couple included as well?

Jordan

Shadow_Lord Posted: 10:18 May22 2008 Post ID: 2249582
Shadow_Lord
+
But what does that have to do with it? Just because a condonance is missing doesn't mean the Bible forbids it.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Fwank Posted: 17:07 May22 2008 Post ID: 2250147
Fwank
+
On 21-May-2008 Catharsis said:"It's too vague"

Can't you be specific about that? Seriously. You really can't just say "It's vague" without explaining why and expect not to be accused of hypocrisy... Although I will concede that the video wastes a lot of time inflating the egos of its Christian viewers. You do have a point there.
Pardon my Ingrish.

I was referring to the fact that I literally miss his point when he mentions that I'm a smart, educated Christian.

It males me feel as if I'm not supposed to understand what he's trying to say if I'm neither of the three he mentions.

It reminds me of that South Park episode where the Japs avoided suspicion by commenting on the American men's genital size... and I feel like those guys who walk away feeling good about my member but pretty empty on the inside.

Also worth noting: oh, part 2, didn't see that...
ShadowsTM Posted: 16:15 May23 2008 Post ID: 2251372
ShadowsTM
+
On 22-May-2008 Shadow_Lord said:But what does that have to do with it? Just because a condonance is missing doesn't mean the Bible forbids it.
I'm trying to say, if it was right, why are there not couple of that type mentioned? I'm just curious

Jordan

Catharsis Posted: 18:15 May23 2008 Post ID: 2251581
Catharsis
+
On 23-May-2008 ShadowsTM said:I'm trying to say, if it was right, why are there not couple of that type mentioned? I'm just curious
Did you watch Part 2 of the video? Look up a few posts.

ShadowsTM Posted: 03:32 May24 2008 Post ID: 2251982
ShadowsTM
+
Ive watched half because I have to leave soon, but that totally answered my question, thanks for pointing that out.

Jordan

Town Idiot25 Posted: 08:37 May24 2008 Post ID: 2252090
Town Idiot25
DANG IT BOBBEH!
+
It was Adam and Eve.

Not Adam and Steve.

A Quote
Within a Quote?

POSTCEPTION
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 10:43 May24 2008 Post ID: 2252184
Flareon Dude_
+
yeah, so what?

Where in thwe Bible does it say that we all need to be the same as those in the beginning? Nowhere, I think....

People have changed from the Biblical beginning, TI, and that is evident in modern culture (Satanists, homosexuals, bohemianists, gypsies, Republicans, Puritans, etc.).

And, for the most part, those changes have made the world a better place. Where in the Bible does it say that people can't have free expression and love? If two people really love eachother, why should they be stopped? You're stopping a potential loving environment and family. Why?
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
Displaying Page 4 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close