Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The SuperCheats Newsletter :: January 2008

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Shadow Cast Posted: 10:26 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099351
Shadow Cast
Post Likes: 0
+

Banner by Dark Chaos

Hello again and welcome to the SuperCheats newsletter, where we put "Times" in the
SuperCheats Times ;)

It?s been ever so quiet on SuperCheats throughout this first month start to the New Year. Or has it? There has been promising events sparking up that will be hopefully something of a big
event such as last years SuperCheats Member Brawl. It has also been a ?troll free? month with no sign of the petty Xain and his petty attempts to get a ?go? at the site. Many members havealso been celebrating their first, second, third and even fourth year anniversaries on SuperCheats. There has many post number improvements too throughout the month.

..::Contents::..

- Posting Achievements
- Member Anniversaries
- Birthdays
- SuperCheats Member Race Day + Interview with the Creator
- Stat Medals
- Member of the month
- Contact
- Disclaimer

Posting Achievements

Throughout the month there has been many post ?upgrades? as usual which shows just how members are dedicated and loyal to the site. There has been very, very much people getting post count achievements, infact. Here we?ve gathered and decided to mention everyone who has got an achievement during this month. (note :: Any member who has got a post count that is formed with his/her previous account has been excluded).

? Shadowcheater, who on the first day of this year, received 1,000 posts. I was suppose it was a nice news years present from SuperCheats, to him, though he did the work and contributed to the site!

? Kenny2x4, who has got a massive 20,000 post count. I?m sure he?ll reach more before he ?retires from the SuperCheats race? ;)

? v-gamer, who has now got a respectable 6,000 posts. As usual we hope he gets more.

? Pooly, who has got 8,000 posts. A superb post count I which he will increase, I?m very sure.

? Komodo, who got 3,000 posts on his earlier account, just before switching to Aaden Foli.

? Koolstr, who now has 6,000 posts. Great achievement as usual and kudos to him.
? cheating-is-good, who in just in one month, went from 2,000 to 3,000 and finally to 4,000 posts. This has been probably the fastest post increase to date and we?d like to give him one big congratulations!

? UmbreonDude_, who has now got 3,000 posts on his account. Well done!
? marty963, now has 3,000 posts which is also a very nice post count and so much kudos to him.

? TwilightMan, received 4,000 posts before switching to his new account; Absolute Zero.

? Shadowfox81,who finally reached his way among the greatness of people who have over 1,000 posts, which now, he has 1,000 posts. Well done !

? tegan41, who has also got over the ?small bracket? and now has 1,000 posts!

? steelersrock01, who has got a big post count of 8,000 posts, congratulations, like others, to him too.

? ieatwyverns, who has reached a nice post sum of 2,000 posts. And as he would say: congratumalations ;)

? bjdj24, who has been a person to make/submit a high T&C post count, in which he has now got 7,000 posts there! He also has over 1,000 Forum posts.

? Twilight_Sasuke, who has now received exactly 1,000 posts, in the Teams & Clans section.

? Chaos H8, who now has 2,000 posts in the forums and 2,000 posts in T&C!

? Stardust shall Live, who has received 1,000 posts after good activity in December and January. Well earned!

? Gamerad, now reached a high post account of 7,000 posts. As he would say, the joy is over-whelming ;)

? King of Hell, finally got himself up to the 1,000 bracket and currently has over 1,000 posts.

? Blademaster55, who has now become, an ?elite? in which he has over 10,000 posts.

? coachcline, has got over 1,000 now, kudos to him !

? Shadow Cast, which I?ve just got to about 2,000 posts ;)

And that?s it, though I have finally one more person to mention and it is?

Youkou ! For, even though between two accounts, has got over 30,000 posts! That?s a SuperCheats record and very big congratulations to him.

AND SO, from now on everyone should try to get a post count in the 1,000 bracket so we can add it to this months grand total! Which is?

..:106,000:..Posts !!!

O.K, so this 3 page long article was very good indeed. And hopefully you can get a mention next month by making an achievement!

Member Anniversaries

Anniversaries. Sometimes that one little word can make the difference between newb and elite. With age comes experience. Age can also bring many other things like wrinkles and the type of fashion sense that Rich posses, but that is not the reason this article is being written.

This article is for those who like to feel ancient and tell others about it. Those who strive to feel as old as Gandalf is to a freshly bred orkling. Some celebrate their first, others celebrate a momentous time longer. So now we name and shame those who should feel as old as the big man himself.

Those who celebrated their first year this month:

- King26
- InvertAlpha
- Da Corbster
- poke.addicted

Those who celebrated their second:

- Shadow Cast
- jrich49676

Those who celebrated their third:

- Xeta

Finally, those who have their beards trailing between their legs as they walk, their forth:

- Kenny 2x4
- Cross Stinger

Whether it be dedication or some strange addiction that drives these people to stay, we shall not know, but we can look at these people and truly say ?someone fetch that poor sod a walking stick?. Oh wait, wrong quote, but you get the idea. These are the people who sit at home with their fluffy slippers and sit in front of an open-hearth fire reading a newspaper and smoking a pipe. Those of the old generation, the old fashioned, the ones that generally smell a bit off. But I shall now cease with the stereotyping and step aside for those who truly do deserve recognition for their achievements.

Good job guys.
[right][size=8][/size]By ieatwyverns[/right]

Birthdays on SuperCheats

Birthday is a happy day; you get presents, kisses of fromGreat Aunt Marge, and CAKE. We have taken our sincerest free-time to write up your birthdays.

TwilightPrince: This is the first birthday, to a certain Princess, we have no-idea how old he is, because he didn?t tell us, but we know one thing for sure? Whose birthday is on the Ninth of January?!?

Pooly: We think that Pooly was a bit Poorly when his birthday came around, I mean? What kind of person buys Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles?? Well Pooly certainly does!, celebrating his birthday on the 20th of January.

Blademaster55: We think that when Blademaster went to a baptism on his birthday, he had Blades under his coat, cause straight afterwards, he got onto his Blademaster55 and announced to us that his Birthday was on the 27th of January.

We are terribly sorry to those whose Birthday was rubbish, and couldn?t be bothered to post it on an internet site, and to these Magical Three;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
[right][size=8][/size]By Gamerad[/right]

SuperCheats Member Race Day

During late January we?ve seen this new event popping up, which lets members join in and pick a car to ?race? with throughout the whole event. You could say it resembles the SuperCheats Member Brawl, because of the attraction it got/is getting from the members on the forums.

This idea was originally thought of by poke.addicted, now known as InterDimension, but Kenny2x4 ; a well respected member who is a ?motor head? as described in his bio, later joined in. So as you?ve guessed, he?s a fan of cars in general and immediately anything debate about cars, the expert himself would be brought in the settle the dispute and give his expert opinion - so he is of course the man for the job.

It consists of 4 types of races:

? - Circuit
? - Drag
? - Drift
? - Sprint

More information can be found at the topic Here

And of course, SuperCheats? Media Crew will bring you the action and maybe even results in the next article.

And, we do nothing but get you behind the scenes "footage" for all of you to view. Here are questions I asked InterDimension about the Race Day in our Q&A session a while ago.

Q: What first gave you the idea to start the "SuperCheats Member Race Day"
A: I Got the idea of the Race Day thread from TestVirus 101's Member Brawl. thats what made me do Race Day.

Q:How Big do you think the event will be?
A:Im going to estimate it will only hit like 40 or so members, probably more. dont know for sure

Q:Can you reveal any twists/plots that may happen during this event?
A:For anything that'll happen, I can not tell that ;P

Q:Is Kenny2x4 doing all the car research or are you involved in that part too?
A:Yeah, Kenny is doing the Car Edits of which to pick, since hes the master ;P

Q:When do you think it will officially "start"?
A:Im going to guess it will start by the First full week of Feb.

And there you have it, exclusively on SuperCheats' no.1 and only Monthly "Magazine" ;)

Stat Medals

We?ve all wanted to feel special on SuperCheats, be it by posting means or by submissions, let?s face it, we all want to be ?known? throughout the site and be SuperCheats-hold name.
Well thanks to Rich?s new addition you can, by means of submissions! The famous Gold, Silver and Bronze medals that are given to the top 3 submitters are now been given out to normal members who may not have an incredible amount of submissions.

- If you are a Top 5 experts in 5 games, you receive a Bronze medal.
- If you are a Top 5 experts for 10 games, you receive a Silver medal
- And finally, if you?re a Top 5 experts for 30 games you get the Gold.

These medals are shown next to your name on the stats page.
So please, go out and submit useful hints and tips for other games worldwide and in return, you get recognition on the, obviously, best Gaming site on the web!

Member of the month

Now you've porbably scrolled down the page and skipped all the articles to see this. And here it is. Member of the month!. Before I continue could you PLEASE send in for next months article who you think it should be. (you cannot vote for yourself). E-mail : [email protected]

And the winner is ::

cheating-is-good !

Congratulations cheating-is-good. You've been picked for amazing activity and contributions this month. As an award you get the Member of the Month sig, made by probably one of the GFXers on SuperCheats at the moment ; ieatwyverns. You are free to use it as you wish ;)

Your Award

Contact

If you'd like to be part of the team/submit an article please write to the following address :

[email protected]

we also would like your feedback and/or comments.

Disclaimer

This review was not intended to offend anyone and elaboration was used necessarily for enjoyable reading.
Any attempt to re-create/rip this review will cause me to go freaky - you do not want me to go freaky.

� 2007/2008 SuperCheats Newsletter

« Last edited by Shadow Cast on Feb 1st 2008 »

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Pooly Posted: 10:31 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099356
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
wewt! I got mentioned twice!
I'm halfway to 9k now to, lol.
Anyway that was a great article! And I was considering going to play mah Resident Evil before I read this, lol.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Shadow Cast Posted: 10:35 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099359
Shadow Cast
+
Well no problem =]

Also to point out, I just added the "Member of the month" and I've to add "contacts" so sit tight ;p

Pooly Posted: 10:38 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099365
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Ah, cool, and I'll add screview on msn so I can send any votes that way.

Shadow Cast Posted: 10:41 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099369
Shadow Cast
+
no, add bennis07AThotmailDOTcom

That's my msn, the other is for e-mails only ;)

Pooly Posted: 10:45 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099372
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Okie dokie.
This rocked seriously, I was wondering when it'd show up.

Shadow Cast Posted: 10:52 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099380
Shadow Cast
+
Well it was made to give all members all the news and "gossip" so to say, and it was meant for your (your as in everyone on SuperCheats) benefit.

Smile

superblobby Posted: 11:12 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099396
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
'Twas awesome, no thanks to me :P

My 'subject' and I are useless. Although s/he posseses coolness, s/he wasn't on at the same time as me D=
England; time setters for the entire world.
Shadow Cast Posted: 11:13 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099399
Shadow Cast
+
On 01-Feb-2008 superblobby said:'Twas awesome, no thanks to me :P

My 'subject' and I are useless. Although s/he posseses coolness, s/he wasn't on at the same time as me D=
lol damnit =P

But you were mentioned on the one that covered the whole year ;D

superblobby Posted: 11:21 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099403
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
XD

Hopefuls I can send you double for next months edition.
England; time setters for the entire world.
Absolute Zero Posted: 11:22 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099405
Absolute Zero
+
But I wasn't... in the 2 year list.

Sig by me

[b][center]R.I.P Twilight Man[/b][/center]
Cataclysm Posted: 12:59 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099468
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
I do not se my name in this.

I stamp this Newsletter into the ground and declare it fail. But not failsome enough to deserve a FailPic.

I got some advertising in. I rule!
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Shadow Cast Posted: 13:01 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099469
Shadow Cast
+
I declare you fail for not helping with this article ;p

cheating-is-good Posted: 13:29 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099492
cheating-is-go
od
+
Oh my god!!! I won, kool. But..when did the contest start, i didn't know we had one... thanks again.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
Shadow Cast Posted: 13:35 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099496
Shadow Cast
+
Well they're decided throughout the editing team. along side you was v-gamer who we were first going to give it to, though, we think that the jump from just 1,000 to 4,000 posts in one month, and being an active submitter was staggering so, congratulations =]

And as I've said, please write to the e-mail address in the article for anything comments/feedback you may have AND to vote for who you want to be member of the month, so it won't just be between 3 people, though, I'm sure others would've voted for you too ;)

Cataclysm Posted: 13:48 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099508
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
On 01-Feb-2008 Shadow Cast said:I declare you fail for not helping with this article ;p
All you had to do was ask.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Shadow Cast Posted: 14:10 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099560
Shadow Cast
+
On 01-Feb-2008 Cataclysm said:All you had to do was ask.
I thought you'd come up with an article and send it to me ;p

Gamerad Posted: 14:12 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099565
Gamerad
Post Likes: 1
+
Well.

That was great, espicaly my part.

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 14:23 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099586
Flareon Dude_
+
While I was reading, I noticed MANY grammatical errors.

I would like to volunteer myself as the official SuperCheats Newsletter Editor, please.

Do you object?
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
Shadow Cast Posted: 14:24 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099587
Shadow Cast
+
e-mail for application plz ;P

And yeah, I suppose there was mistakes, I've noticed two but I didn't bother to edit lol.

Though could you point out the one's you noticed?

Also, Q&A from the man himself, InterDimension (Tank) who started the SuperCheats member race day has been added ! ;)

Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close