Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2012, Do you believe?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
nuclear distruction Posted: 20:02 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2164576
nuclear distruction
Post Likes: 0
+
if there was something that was going to destroy all the planets evrything jupiter and on, are safe since they are basically just gas it would go straght through. it would burn up in the process though so something big enough to get thrrough that would have been spotted a while back

avy- Neko | sig- .Impact
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Aaden Foli Posted: 03:16 Mar22 2008 Post ID: 2166186
Aaden Foli
+
I agree with ShadowsTM that it will be exciting to be around for the end of the world.

Just try and tell me it won't be awesome to experience the chaos that will lead up to the end of existence. It would rock so much.

Also, as for the theory that the world will end in December 2012, I don't believe it. It's just plain stupidity. There have been so many different dates predicted of the end of the world, what makes you think this one will be it?

The Aztects also predicted that the world will end December 26th, 2010. We'll just have to wait and see.
nuclear distruction Posted: 22:33 Mar22 2008 Post ID: 2167472
nuclear distruction
+
but wouldn't it be so creepy if they were right. say one day your walking down the street and you see an aztec god float down from the heavens leaving utter destruction in his wake!!!
Too bad it's a bunch of bull.

avy- Neko | sig- .Impact
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 05:43 Mar23 2008 Post ID: 2167622
Kenny 2x4
+
Yes, but true. It would be freaky if it was all true in the end.
Some random belief beating science in a final impulse showdown.
Never the less. Utter nonsense, not going to happen that the universe and world will not end on December 2012.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 11:08 Mar23 2008 Post ID: 2167892
Flareon Dude_
+
Constantin 9, I am sorry to tell you, but that is a spam post here in the Debate and Discussion Forums. Here, we want you to be more expressive in your opinion; we don't want you to say 'I think he's right', cause then, you're not giving an in-depth arguement on your part.

Just try to remember to really give your side of the story for next time, alright?
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
super craig Posted: 20:12 Mar23 2008 Post ID: 2168643
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
constantin 9, will do.

geezerguy, any particular reason you think it won't end? Please back up your opinion with some evidence, otherwise your post is pointless.

« Last edited by super craig on Mar 23rd 2008 »
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

ShadowsTM Posted: 07:22 Mar24 2008 Post ID: 2168938
ShadowsTM
+
On 22-Mar-2008 Aaden Foli said:I agree with ShadowsTM that it will be exciting to be around for the end of the world.

Just try and tell me it won't be awesome to experience the chaos that will lead up to the end of existence. It would rock so much.

Also, as for the theory that the world will end in December 2012, I don't believe it. It's just plain stupidity. There have been so many different dates predicted of the end of the world, what makes you think this one will be it?

The Aztects also predicted that the world will end December 26th, 2010. We'll just have to wait and see.
Thanks, about time someone agreed, because wouldn't it be better to die in an exciting last people on earth way rather than an 97 year old man?

SO yes, but on topic, it seems weird how all the fortune tellers predicted it though.

Jordan

norbie007 Posted: 10:19 Mar24 2008 Post ID: 2169024
norbie007
Forum GuestMember
+
I do not think the world will end in 2012, as many; all of you; have said. As some of you know, or maybe just super craig, I am religious. I believe the end will start with something significant, the Rapture, and then seven years later we are gone.

As it is 2008 and 2012 is 4 years away and there has been no rapture, I do not believe it will be the end of the world.

On a side note. Yeah that would be pretty cool to be here when it finally ends. Though from the scientific point of view many people would be killed off in minor disasters before the"end" would come.

Courtesy of Lycanthrope

Proudly paired with: Blazin Torchic- No longer. He is banned.
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 16:28 Mar24 2008 Post ID: 2169519
Kenny 2x4
+
On 24-Mar-2008 ShadowsTM said:Thanks, about time someone agreed, because wouldn't it be better to die in an exciting last people on earth way rather than an 97 year old man?

SO yes, but on topic, it seems weird how all the fortune tellers predicted it though.
Yeah, but how many of those fortune tellers are actually proven wrong? Most if not all actually...
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
nuclear distruction Posted: 17:22 Mar24 2008 Post ID: 2169636
nuclear distruction
+
and they all just copied each other. it probably started spreading as a rumor and now they are all saying it

avy- Neko | sig- .Impact
coachcline Posted: 16:33 Mar26 2008 Post ID: 2171849
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
ITS ALL A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

So what if tha Chinese, Romans, Indians, Mayans, er whoever else says tha worlds's gonna get hit by an asteroid, sucked into a black hole, crash into tha sun. Hell, even a computer program designed ta predict stock market changes says its gonna happen. But really, do you really believe a freakin' computer can predict tha end of tha world?!? Tha Bible says that there is no way to tell exactly when tha world will end. Every decade er so (probably sooner) someone says tha world's gonna end, guess what, IT NEVER DID! Its rumors an' probably tha government er some other influential group plottin' ta spread tha rumor fer one reason er another. It's all mainly rumors an' hearsay. Even soothsayers (ancient fortune tellers that used freakin' gas ta get high an' give predictions) say it'll end. Really, do you believe people who have ta get high ta give predictions!?

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Shadow_Lord Posted: 03:24 Mar27 2008 Post ID: 2172343
Shadow_Lord
+
Calm down, coachcline, and try to use standard English rather than all these "er"'s and "ta"'s and so forth.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:32 Mar28 2008 Post ID: 2173973
Kenny 2x4
+
On 26-Mar-2008 coachcline said:ITS ALL A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

So what if tha Chinese, Romans, Indians, Mayans, er whoever else says tha worlds's gonna get hit by an asteroid, sucked into a black hole, crash into tha sun. Hell, even a computer program designed ta predict stock market changes says its gonna happen. But really, do you really believe a freakin' computer can predict tha end of tha world?!? Tha Bible says that there is no way to tell exactly when tha world will end. Every decade er so (probably sooner) someone says tha world's gonna end, guess what, IT NEVER DID! Its rumors an' probably tha government er some other influential group plottin' ta spread tha rumor fer one reason er another. It's all mainly rumors an' hearsay. Even soothsayers (ancient fortune tellers that used freakin' gas ta get high an' give predictions) say it'll end. Really, do you believe people who have ta get high ta give predictions!?
Since when did the Chinese, Romans or Indians say that the world was going to end?!
I'm Chinese so that's why I'm alarmed.
Yes we are superstitious, but not to the extent of the world ending.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
Repner Posted: 18:11 Mar28 2008 Post ID: 2174208
Repner
+
It is merely a religious belief. Most religions have their own take on the end of the world, (Norse had Ragnarok, Christians have the book of Revelation, etc). This was just the way the Mayans thought it was going to happen, except the Mayans think of when (which isn't explained in norse or Christianity) instead of how.

Since there are still 6 million Mayans still alive today, I wonder how they'll react when 2013 comes along?

« Last edited by Repner on Mar 28th 2008 »
nicko 9000 Posted: 16:04 Mar29 2008 Post ID: 2175555
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
I can't wait to laugh my *** off when 2013 comes.

The look on their faces, they will probably all comit suicide or something.
sXe

nuclear distruction Posted: 19:18 Mar31 2008 Post ID: 2178822
nuclear distruction
+
lol maybe thay wont wanna see the end of the world and they will kill themselves before lol.

avy- Neko | sig- .Impact
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 21:42 Mar31 2008 Post ID: 2178979
Flareon Dude_
+
On 28-Mar-2008 Kenny 2x4 said:Since when did the Chinese, Romans or Indians say that the world was going to end?!
I'm Chinese so that's why I'm alarmed.
Yes we are superstitious, but not to the extent of the world ending.
It's a chaos theory/myth conjured by numerous ancient and/or advanced civilizations (Egyptians, Christians, Mayans, etc.) that a great flood wiped out half the world.

True facts, wrong chaos theory.....

« Last edited by Flareon Dude_ on Mar 31st 2008 »
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
Ragnarock Posted: 07:54 Apr11 2008 Post ID: 2193514
Ragnarock
+
This isn't really going along with the arguement or anything, but I thought I'd give you guys a little background info.

The world was supposed to end simetime in the 80's. It didn't.

They said it was going to end because that was one of the peridocial alignments of the planets.

Using background info, the have calculated the next alignment to be in 2012.

Thats where the problems start. Aparrently there is a thing called the "Bible Code" which is supposed to contain the future, but in some sort of encryption. It says that a meteor will hit in 2012 and destroy us, or thats what the guys who deciphered it say.

By the time those people had deciphered it, the 2012 alignment news was public, everyone knew about it. It didn't help that now we had a thousand year old book telling us there was a meteor heading for us.

There is actually a meteor in space that is predicted to hit us in about 75 years.

For anyone who doesn't know, I used to be Tree Afro.

You will come to understand fear as I have...

If you were me, you'd want to be you again...
cheating-is-good Posted: 21:55 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2198246
cheating-is-go
od
+
Yes, but if it does hit us, that will be in 75 years from now. Which brings us back to our original conversation, the world will not end in 2012.

Say for a moment it will end. How would we know when we die, for all we know, the world could end in 2012, and we might not even notice.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
Ragnarock Posted: 06:54 Apr15 2008 Post ID: 2199973
Ragnarock
+
Thats true. If there really is an afterlife, how will we know the difference between there and here?

All the worlds religions could be wrong, and the afterlife could be exactly like life is now.

We could all be dead already, and not even know it...

It's weird to think about these things lol...

For anyone who doesn't know, I used to be Tree Afro.

You will come to understand fear as I have...

If you were me, you'd want to be you again...
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close