Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2012, Do you believe?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Fwank Posted: 15:11 Jun03 2008 Post ID: 2265194
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
Eh.

I'm keen to learn where the 2012 originated from.

I know it's a mixture of the Mayan calendar ending, the Internet, and Chinese whispers... but the Mayan calendar isn't even being mentioned here.

Scientists have also mentioned that the rate of rapid warming caused to our atmosphere will completely melt the Arctic ice, and release the methane gas from underneath and drastically change the atmosphere as we know it.

Or, just kill off a butt load of animals and plants and people, but the Earth won't suddenly blow up or anything...

I don't believe anything will happen to the Earth itself... not anything we can't adapt ourselves to.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Ramboboy7 Posted: 22:19 Jun04 2008 Post ID: 2267314
Ramboboy7
Post Likes: 0
+
No!!!!!!!! The world's not going to end in 2012, and I know for a fact it won't end because the planets inline. How do I know you may ask, because in the Bible in Matthew 24-36 it says "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." And for all the people that have no clue what that means, it means nobody knows, not Angels, or even Jesus, only God. It also says in Matthew 24-26, "So if anyone tells you, there he is, out in the dessert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,'do not believe it. For as lighting is visible from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man." And that means every single person in the world will now when the world will end, and I trust the bible because God has never lied, and if you are so curius on how the world will end why don't you read revelations in the back of the bible.
Darklightness1 Posted: 22:27 Jun04 2008 Post ID: 2267317
Darklightness1
+
Amen Ramboboy7 (nonsarcasm)
I believe that they world will end at n e moment and that moment is determined by God and God alone.
ShadowsTM Posted: 11:27 Jun05 2008 Post ID: 2267759
ShadowsTM
+
Well, I've learned something new about the world ending, if 212 does't happen, scientists have calculated the mass of the universe and at what they have calculated it will eventually stop spreading out, but if it is calculated wrong it could all be reversed meaning everything being suck to the center again.

Jordan

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 12:44 Jun05 2008 Post ID: 2267817
Kenny 2x4
+
Namely the big crunch then...
When you mean stop spreading out...Do you mean as in the universe will just plain stop expanding and somehow the expansion force of the universe will just plain equal the centre-of-the-universe's gravitational field strength?
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
ShadowsTM Posted: 14:21 Jun05 2008 Post ID: 2267864
ShadowsTM
+
Yes, exactly correct.

Jordan

charizard322 Posted: 15:29 Jun07 2008 Post ID: 2270271
charizard322
Forum GuestMember
+
The people who say this are just trying to get famous dont listen to them it's just a whole bunch of garbage no one can predict it.
-Char is no more-
super craig Posted: 17:01 Jun07 2008 Post ID: 2270339
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 07-Jun-2008 charizard322 said:The people who say this are just trying to get famous dont listen to them it's just a whole bunch of garbage no one can predict it.
I don't really think they are doing it to be famous, you don't see people preaching about the end of the world rubbing shoulders with film stars and the like.

As for no one can predict it I doubt that, they don't have to get it dead on to predict it, I could give a list of every single way that the Earth might be wiped out that I can think of, and even just one of them is correct, just be pure luck then I predicted it.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Birdcharmer Posted: 09:43 Jun12 2008 Post ID: 2276712
Birdcharmer
+
Ok... Here i go! :D

It depends on which way you look at it.. If you look at it religiously then it could happen anytime, am i right? i am Muslim and i have to pray 5 times a day (i try XD). We do this becuz the world could end at any time and then we get questioned.

Scientifically, there is many factors to put into play. Global warming, flooding, wars, ice caps melting,etc. This all contributes to the Doomsday scenario. about all the planet pinball garbage, i highly doubt that..
Paired with: Vasco, Geezerguy, Ozzo, .Impact, D_Otaku, Nuclear Distruction, yossy666, ALCADIUS, PhilXZ, and counting :P

Vasco made me this awesome sig ^_^! This was his first try! Sasuke...X3
ShadowsTM Posted: 09:47 Jun12 2008 Post ID: 2276717
ShadowsTM
+
On 12-Jun-2008 Birdcharmer said:Ok... Here i go! :D

It depends on which way you look at it.. If you look at it religiously then it could happen anytime, am i right? i am Muslim and i have to pray 5 times a day (i try XD). We do this becuz the world could end at any time and then we get questioned.

Scientifically, there is many factors to put into play. Global warming, flooding, wars, ice caps melting,etc. This all contributes to the Doomsday scenario. about all the planet pinball garbage, i highly doubt that..
In this forum we tend to use proper grammar, so 'becuz' should be because and also, you can not just say something is garbage, you need to back that up with a reason, anyone can say it's garbage but it needs a good reason as well. On the subject of global warming, I had an exam today for geography and nearly all the questions were about the cutting down of the rainforest's and this will mean building up of co2 ( carbon dioxide ) and then onto global warming etc. I myself do not think global warming can be stopped, I think we as humans have done to much and think about it, we had the ice age, maybe this is the opposite of that?

Jordan

Cataclysm Posted: 11:34 Jun12 2008 Post ID: 2276806
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
Well, global warming is really just a natural phenomenon. All we're doing is speeding it up. We all know that climate change will happen one way or another, so I back up your claims that it can't be stopped. I'm just not so keen on your reasoning.

Also, global warming at its peak would, in theory, cause another ice age, not the opposite. By melting the polar ice caps the seas would rise and the currents would be altered, mainly affecting the east side of Europe and the West of America and causing them to freeze over. Did anyone see The Day After Tomorrow? Despite what some may say, it actually appears to be a pretty accurate depiction of what could happen.

Right, so let's remember, climate change has ben happening since the Earth was created, apparently. The best example of this would be the meteor that supposedly wiped out the dinosaurs, throwing up material into space that managed to reach the half way point between the Earth and the moon before being sucked back in. This cloud of dust in the atmosphere caused a not-so-shabby climate change, and it took supposedly over 1000 years for the Earth to return to its regular state. The dinosaurs, at the time, had ben around for a lot longert than we humans, and became extinct with such ease that it's hard to imagine.
If there was a climate change on such a scale tomorrow, we would most certainly be erradicated, giving way to a new line of evolution. The world would remain as it is, or return to its normal conditions after who knows how long, and life would go on.

Basically, what I want to say is that global warming may accelerate the destruction of the human race, but we all know that it's going to happen someday anyway. I don't mean to say that we shouldn't make an effort (I don't) but it's not like we're fighting to protect the world. Any attempt made to better the survival of the Earth is really an attempt to lengthen our own survival, because nothing that we humans can create now has the power to destroy the Earth, and I doubt that we will possess such technology in 2012 either.
In short, I can't see anytihng destroying the entire planet within the next four years. The extinction of the human race however, is a completely different matter and perfectly possible.
Just remember people, from a universal point of view, you're nothing. So if you and your family die along with the rest of the human race anytime soon, you need not worry, because it really isn't all that big a deal.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

super craig Posted: 12:30 Jun12 2008 Post ID: 2276937
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 12-Jun-2008 Cataclysm said:Well, global warming is really just a natural phenomenon. All we're doing is speeding it up. We all know that climate change will happen one way or another, so I back up your claims that it can't be stopped. I'm just not so keen on your reasoning.

Also, global warming at its peak would, in theory, cause another ice age, not the opposite. By melting the polar ice caps the seas would rise and the currents would be altered, mainly affecting the east side of Europe and the West of America and causing them to freeze over. Did anyone see The Day After Tomorrow? Despite what some may say, it actually appears to be a pretty accurate depiction of what could happen.

Right, so let's remember, climate change has ben happening since the Earth was created, apparently. The best example of this would be the meteor that supposedly wiped out the dinosaurs, throwing up material into space that managed to reach the half way point between the Earth and the moon before being sucked back in. This cloud of dust in the atmosphere caused a not-so-shabby climate change, and it took supposedly over 1000 years for the Earth to return to its regular state. The dinosaurs, at the time, had ben around for a lot longert than we humans, and became extinct with such ease that it's hard to imagine.
If there was a climate change on such a scale tomorrow, we would most certainly be erradicated, giving way to a new line of evolution. The world would remain as it is, or return to its normal conditions after who knows how long, and life would go on.

Basically, what I want to say is that global warming may accelerate the destruction of the human race, but we all know that it's going to happen someday anyway. I don't mean to say that we shouldn't make an effort (I don't) but it's not like we're fighting to protect the world. Any attempt made to better the survival of the Earth is really an attempt to lengthen our own survival, because nothing that we humans can create now has the power to destroy the Earth, and I doubt that we will possess such technology in 2012 either.
In short, I can't see anytihng destroying the entire planet within the next four years. The extinction of the human race however, is a completely different matter and perfectly possible.
Just remember people, from a universal point of view, you're nothing. So if you and your family die along with the rest of the human race anytime soon, you need not worry, because it really isn't all that big a deal.
I do hate it when people say they wouldn't mind a bit of global warming to warm the place up, not realising that instead of a nice tan they'd be digging their way to the end of the drive with an ice pick.

I don't think theres any doubt that if there was a drastic change it would probably kill a lot of people but I doubt it would be the end of the human race, I'm sure that we would be able to use technology so that at least a fair number survived, assuming that everything is already in place when it does happen. If it caught us by surprise then we wouldn't stand much chance.

« Last edited by super craig on Jun 12th 2008 »
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

ratchet7777 Posted: 18:53 Jun14 2008 Post ID: 2282130
ratchet7777
+
Many people are talking about the big bang and big crunch. There are a few things that may happen:

1) The universe will eventually gather enough potential energy to slow down and stop, then quickly shrink, moving all matter closer and "crunching" everything. It may remain a crunched piece of matter forever, or it may "bounce" back and expand, creating a cycle.

2) The universe will reach its limit and slow down and stop expanding, and eventually "die"

No matter which of these happen, it will not be for trillions of years, so thats not what will happen 2012.

But heres something else this doomsday theory is based on. The Mayan calender. It was very accurate for the time, and able to calculate astronomical events suck as moon phases and eclipses for thousands of years ahead of time. So what does that have to do with anything? The last possible date on the Mayan calender is December 20, 2012.

So maybe the calender will end. So what? Back then religion was based on polytheism, making many different gods the reason for most natural events, such as the sun rising and setting, rain, storms, and other stuff we now have enough evidence to say that these were not created by gods. (and note: I'm not saying God doesn't exist or making any reference to God)

My point is, don't freak out because the Mayans couldn't fit any more carvings on a piece of rock.

And about global warming: Its part of a 25,000 year cycle. Every part of the cycle, there is an ice age where glaciers cover much of the earth. Then it melts during a phase we call global warming. Then glaciers will cover much of the earth again, and the cycle repeats. Global warming in this cycle will stop in a few thousand years, and it will get very cold again. In about 15,000 years, New York City will be destroyed by a mile-thick sheet of ice thats part of the 25,000 year ice age cycle. Global warming wont cause the apocalypse for a few thousand years, and the world will be back to normal 10,000 years after that anyways. IT'S A CYCLE!

and about the internet...

Somewhere I heard that in 1012, most ISP's will charge for service differently. You will pay a set monthly fee for unlimited use or a list of websites. But smaller websites or other sites not on the list, you will have to add money to the subscription in order to visit them.
For example: You will pay $40 a month for access to any websites on the list, which may include google, youtube, wikipedia, myspace, ebay, and other large websites. However, supercheats is not on the list. You will have to pay an extra $.50 a month to visit it. Same goes for other smaller websites, and poeple won't bother paying, the websites will shut down, many advertising sites such as google will lose money because of this, and we all know what will happen when Google dies (internet apocalypse)

But thats not the world, it's the internet.

I will continue to add stuff I know when I think of it....

« Last edited by ratchet7777 on Jun 14th 2008 »
[insert epic sig here]
UmbreonDude_ Posted: 19:16 Jun14 2008 Post ID: 2282153
UmbreonDude_
Carolina Crown
+
Coincidentally, I graduate from high school in that year... Great graduating present. Earth Blowing up :3

I don't think it will, just another hoax like the 2000 one.
Gamertag: Premera

|'09|
ShadowsTM Posted: 10:45 Jun15 2008 Post ID: 2283148
ShadowsTM
+
Everyone always says hoax, one day everyone's gonna say hoax when sceintest say it and pay no attention, then boom, I don't think 2012 though, as seriously there would be more trying to be done, right?

Jordan

ShadowsTM Posted: 13:31 Jun18 2008 Post ID: 2287531
ShadowsTM
+
Any proof, I highly doubt you will cause that now will you, come on Debate and Discussion is for being serious..

Jordan

Shadow_Lord Posted: 18:22 Jun19 2008 Post ID: 2289599
Shadow_Lord
+
Oh, so now you just get to muck about because you made one serious post?

I don't think so. Non-serious posts deleted.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
ShadowsTM Posted: 10:03 Jun20 2008 Post ID: 2290189
ShadowsTM
+
Sorry shadow lord I forgot to do that.

Jordan

Cyberrich Posted: 20:22 Jun20 2008 Post ID: 2291058
Cyberrich
+
2012? yea right, nothings gonna knock all the planets out of orbit, everything big enough to do it is too far away, and When the sun becomes a red giant it will be way wwwaayyyyy into the future.

Thank you dark_wolf!

Previously Saix

ShadowsTM Posted: 12:38 Jun21 2008 Post ID: 2292039
ShadowsTM
+
Proper grammar would be nice seeing as it is a rule for the forum. Although you were correct about the red dwarf, if we are not gone by then, we will be after that

Jordan

Displaying Page 4 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close