Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Maker

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Pokemonaster Posted: 16:33 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2163083
Pokemonaster
Post Likes: 0
+
I know everybody probably wanted to make one, so here it is. I am asking Rich to make a forum for this, so tell me what you guys think.

Tutorial

Please read the FAQ at the bottom of this post to find out your query, if you have any more please post them here.

I thought I may as well make a small tutorial on making cards since some people here don't have a clue, firstly you must go to The Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker to start your card making, I know it may seem a daunting process but this why I created this guide.

Anyway to your left of the screen are the text options.

Name - The cards name maximum 18 letters long, if it is more the text will go off the edge of the card. To remedy this create the card with no name and place the name in after using MS Paint or some other graphics program.

NOTE: This problem as been fixed with the new and current version of the card maker.

Card Type - The choices are Monster, Ritual, Fusion, Spell and Trap. Tick the 'effect' box to make the monster an effect monster (This only applies to Monster, Ritual and Fusion cards)

Attribute - This also applies to Monster, Ritual and Fusion cards the attributes are Light, Dark, Fire, Water and Earth.

Level - Goes from Level 1 to Level 12

Trap/Magic Type - THis only applies to Magic and Trap cards your options here are Equip, Continuous, Counter, Quick-Play, Field and Ritual.

Card Rarity
Common �: The most common rarity found in cards. Cards of this rarity do not have much value unless if it has very high demand.

Rare �: The name of the card is printed in silver foil. There is about one in every pack (a card of a higher rarity will replace a Rare card). OCG packs are not guaranteed to have a Rare card unlike their TCG counterparts.

Super Rare (SR): The illustrations on these cards are printed with a holographic foil background. A Super Rare card comes in every six packs on average.

Ultra Rare (UR): The name of the card is printed in gold foil. The illustrations on these cards are printed with a holographic foil background, with a slight gold tint. An Ultra Rare card comes in one out of every twelve packs (from Legend of Blue-Eyes through Ancient Sanctuary and the Dark Beginnings/Dark Revelations reprint sets) or twenty-four packs (from Soul of the Duelist up through current releases, barring the Dark Beginnings and Dark Revelations reprint sets).

Secret Rare (SCR): The name of the card is printed in holographic silver foil. These cards feature a sparkling holographic illustration called "polarizing silver". They are used primarily for promotional cards (e.g. tins and video games) and in all sets from Legend of Blue-Eyes through Ancient Sanctuary and is reintoduced again from Strike Of Neos. On average, there is one in every thirty packs.

Ultimate Rare (ULT): The name of the card is printed in gold foil. The illustration's borders and card type buttons (and star level buttons for Monsters) on these cards are printed with a holographic foil background. They also have a relief effect due to them being embossed. There have been alternate ULT versions of every Rare/Super Rare/Ultra Rare in the sets since Soul of the Duelist.

Picture URL - You can add one of your own pictures from your computer by putting the path to the picture on your computer.

Example: C:\My Documents\Pictures\picture.jpg (Download Version Only)

You can also enter a web site URL that points to a picture.

Example: http://www.website.com/picture.jpg

You can also add in the picture by putting it in last using a 3rd party graphics program heres a lowdown on how you do it:

Create your card with no picture then save the card, open it up in any graphics program like MS Paint or Photoshop then paste and resize the image. Save the card as whatever format you like jpeg, png, bmp ect.

Set ID - This is for the unique identification number you wish to put on the card, the set ID on genuine Yu-Gi-Oh cards refers to what set it comes from.

Type - There are 20 different types you can input here and they are:
Dragon, Spellcaster, Zombie, Warrior, Beast-Warrior, Beast, Winged Beast, Fiend, Fairy, Insect, Dinosaur, Reptile, Fish, Sea Serpent, Machine, Thunder, Aqua, Pyro, Rock and Plant.

You can also tick the 'Divine' box to make the monster a Divine-Beast

Description - Enter here what your card actualy does. A Max of 237 Characters including spaces if this goes over 237 of course you realy dont have to count it Razz it will become smaller and harder to read.

NOTE: This problem as been fixed with the new and current version of the card maker.

Circulation - Here you can input anything but for originality you can put '1st Edition' 'Promo' 'Limited Edition' or just leave it blank.

ATK / DEF - You can set the attack and defence of the monster from 0 to 9999 also you may put in X or a question mark '?' ('X' and '?' are sometimes used for effect monsters)

Creator - Your name

Year - The year

Serial Number - This is a cards unique serial number, every card has one you can either put your own in or generate a random one using the 'Random' button becide the box.

After you have filled in the fields correctly click 'Generate' to see your card in its marvelous glory.

New Additions.

The Save Function

FAQ

Q: How do I put an image on the card?
A: In the Picture URL box you must put a direct link to the picture
Example: http://www.website.com/image.jpg

Of course you would have to go to a image hosting site and upload that said image before you directly link it.

TIP: Always use direct links when using the card maker, preferably from image hosting sites.

Q: Is there any way to make the description text on the card larger?
A: No, but the new version will fix this issue. Keep an eyes out on the announcements on the board.

Q: The text on the card dosent appear, why is this?
A: Save the card directly onto your computer and host it using an image hosting site.

Q: How do I make the text on the card, colour?
A: The new version will fix this issue hopefuly, other then that you must use a 3rd party graphics program like Photoshop, Paint or any other graphics program you may have.

Q: Yeah, thats all well and good telling me this, how do I post the picture?
A: When you make or replay to a topic, notice that there are boxes with various tags, copy the 'direct link' and paste it into your post and dont forget to highlight the link and click on the IMG tag.

Q: How do I print the cards out because I want to show people my creations?
A: (By HORUS) To save a card, put the pointer of your mouse somewhere on the card and a box should appear in the left upper corner. click the save button. To print it, right click the picture and copy it. then paste the picture into microsoft word or another word processor and resize it. It should be about 2.25 inches by 3.25 inches.

All Credit for this goes to Danilus of the Card Maker forums.

A video walkthrough can be found here

Here are some of my cards, based on the CIS army.

« Last edited by Pokemonaster on Mar 19th 2008 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 09:13 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163712
Flareon Dude_
+
This is really more of a Graphics and Artwork Forum topic.

Sorry, Pkemonaster.

MOVED
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
PhilXZ Posted: 09:33 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163725
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
I don't think Rich will make a forum for this. And not every body likes making Yu-gi-oh cards.
Pokemonaster Posted: 09:34 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163728
Pokemonaster
+
Well he might, and Here are some Transformers that I made.

« Last edited by Pokemonaster on Mar 20th 2008 »
PhilXZ Posted: 09:41 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163734
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
I'm sure he won't. Not for this.
Pokemonaster Posted: 09:46 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163738
Pokemonaster
+
OK... But still, do you like them?
PhilXZ Posted: 10:06 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163753
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
Well, a little. Anxious
Shadowcheater Posted: 10:16 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163764
Shadowcheater
Mr. Tambourine Man
Post Likes: 1
+
Anyways, did you make the program?

Enter the doors of PXE!

"Paradise is nearer to any of you than the strap of his shoe, and so is the Fire."
Pokemonaster Posted: 10:40 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163775
Pokemonaster
+
No, I just found it and linked it so other people could use it.
Kuchhogya Posted: 06:09 Feb13 2016 Post ID: 3401849
Kuchhogya
Forum GuestMember
+
The new version will fix this issue hopefuly, other then that you must use a 3rd party graphics program like Photoshop,????
Ali
Ch3toz Posted: 22:05 Mar11 2018 Post ID: 3443137
Ch3toz
Forum GuestMember
+
That's cool
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close