Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Spamming/items=cheap?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
marielue5 Posted at: 12:59 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197303
marielue5
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Ok, people are starting to get on my nerves, they will say some times when I beat them I spam, what the crap, last time I checked spamming was part of the game, I mean come on if you cant get around the move someone is spamming on you, then thats your problem, there are ways around certian spamming moves, and when they say "oh we should make it a rule in this ranking system or tourney, that there is no spamming, and if you do spam you are disqaulified" are they wanting us to count the number of times we use the same move, thats obveously a dumb thing to do, and that alone should tell you that spamming is a part of the game, I mean where do you draw the line on "oh thats spamming" and "thats not spamming" its just ridicules, show me one statment by nintendo anywere saying there is no spamming allowed, if you can show me that then I will agree with you, I just dont get where people are getting the idea that spamming is cheap, you can even go to youtube and see that competitive brawlers spam, but tyhe people thay play finds away around that certian move, which makes them change their fighting style, so yet again if you cant find a way around that move, then thats your problem.

Now as far as items go, im fine with using items in a friendly match, in fact I use items all the time in friendly, matches, although it annoys the crap out of me when we use items in a tournament or ranking system, first of all in a tourney the winner is supposed to be the best brawler on the site, in otherwards tourneys are suppose to measure skill, thus since items can and always will fall unfairly, they shouldnt be turned on for tourney's, now as for the ranking system, the name says it all, its a system that RANKS your SKILL level, so why the heck should items be on? items dont measure skill.

You may think how I want/wish to do things is boaring, but really I only want to play competitively when competitive play is due, such as in tourneys and ranking systems, like I said I play with items on all the time in friendly matches, there are times when I dont feel like playing all out hard, and just play for fun, there are times when I dont want to play with wolf or diddy, and just play with jigglypuff, or bowser, which both are not bad charicters, im just bad with them, and my point is I somtimes just feel like playing with a charicter im not good with, and just play around with items on, in fact yesterday me and my brother played around 60 non-cmpetitive matches online, I know because I had 99 ko's and he had around 90 I believe, and we played 3 stock, so what im trying to say is I enjoy playing fun matches like that, but dont enjoy training for a ranking match or tourney match, then losing due to items.

Anyways thats my opinion on the matters, and I want to hear yours.

~debate, discuss~

« Last edited by marielue5 on Apr 13th 2008 »
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Oli_ftw Posted at: 13:01 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197307
Oli_ftw
+
+
Actually competitive brawlers to not spam SMASHES. Which on lot of people on here do. I played many people on here that either just use F-smash, D-smash or U-smash.
I'm a jerk
guy in oakland Posted at: 13:04 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197314
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
pit is one of the bigger spam characters when you play online

PSN-intayaz

marielue5 Posted at: 13:05 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197318
marielue5
+
+
On 13-Apr-2008 Oli_ftw said:Actually competitive brawlers to not spam SMASHES. Which on lot of people on here do. I played many people on here that either just use F-smash, D-smash or U-smash.
Ive actually seen vids of competitive brawlers that spam, and like I said before when they play a competitive game against another good competitor brawler they cant spam because the other brawler doesnt allow him to use that certian move, thus he must change his fighting style.

Anyways my main point of my first post is spamming is not cheap, and I dont get where people are getting it is cheap.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Oli_ftw Posted at: 13:06 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197324
Oli_ftw
+
+
Because using one move doesnt make you 1337
I'm a jerk
King of Hell Posted at: 13:06 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197325
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
+
It's not possible to spam a smash, since there is always half a second or more of pause time. Spamming would be Kirby's netural a. Hold it, and you get a spamming move. Get it up against the wall, and it's smart spamming. Counter it with Marth's counter, and you've got a very angry Kirby player. Spamming is part of the game, agreed, but it shows lack of originality and skill.

bradthegamemaster Posted at: 13:07 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197328
bradthegamemaster
Don't Mess With Fluttershy
+
+
i agree edge,spamming is part of the game.it makes sense to spamm something like quick jabs or something like that.spamming smash attacks on the other hand,i dont play kindly to lol

The Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Canon of Pokemon
Activity Status: Unknown, for now
King of Hell Posted at: 13:13 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197334
King of Hell
+
+
Once again, you can't spam smash attacks since there is at least a half a second delay. Thats what makes them smash attacks.

bradthegamemaster Posted at: 13:14 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197336
bradthegamemaster
Don't Mess With Fluttershy
+
+
i meant like constantly using smash attacks KoH,ya know thats like the only attacks they will do,no specials or weak basic attacks

« Last edited by bradthegamemaster on Apr 13th 2008 »

The Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Canon of Pokemon
Activity Status: Unknown, for now
King of Hell Posted at: 13:15 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197337
King of Hell
+
+
Yeah, thats overuse. It too shows lack of originality and skill. I like blending Smash with Meteor, and use my specials for support. Nothing makes somebody more angry than me instantly breaking their shield.

marielue5 Posted at: 13:37 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197372
marielue5
+
+
On 13-Apr-2008 King of Hell said:It's not possible to spam a smash, since there is always half a second or more of pause time. Spamming would be Kirby's netural a. Hold it, and you get a spamming move. Get it up against the wall, and it's smart spamming. Counter it with Marth's counter, and you've got a very angry Kirby player. Spamming is part of the game, agreed, but it shows lack of originality and skill.
Yeah I agree, but I will often spam with wolf's gun, because for some reason people have a hard time getting around his gun, then they will role into me and I use a down, or if I stun them I use a side, and I agree thats not original at all, but my oponent is not forcing me to be original cause that style is working fine against them, if they force me to stop using that move(there are different ways to do that) then I must change my fighting style, which is why I dont think spamming is cheap, if you can spam your opponent it just shows their not skilled enough to get around the move.

Anyways thats the kind of spam I was mainly refering to, while there is other kinds of spam like kirby for example, most people complain about wolf's gun, so I ask you do you think that style I just listed is cheap?

As I said I agree with you on the fact it does show lack of originality, it is just getting on my nerves when people say its cheap.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Oli_ftw Posted at: 13:43 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197380
Oli_ftw
+
+
the lazor is not cheap. No move is cheap. People moan about me grabbing being cheap. And my dedecide is cheap.
I'm a jerk
King of Hell Posted at: 13:44 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197383
King of Hell
+
+
It's repetitive, and it sucks the fun out of the game as do most things that you like doing (no items, one stage, etc), but I wouldn't call it cheap. Paul used it before he re-mained Ike, and he got tired of me sitting just out of reach. THen he'd move, and I'd launch a massive combo string.

marielue5 Posted at: 13:46 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197392
marielue5
+
+
On 13-Apr-2008 King of Hell said:It's repetitive, and it sucks the fun out of the game as do most things that you like doing (no items, one stage, etc), but I wouldn't call it cheap. Paul used it before he re-mained Ike, and he got tired of me sitting just out of reach. THen he'd move, and I'd launch a massive combo string.
So in otherwards, its not original, its not fun, but its also not cheap.

If thats what your saying, I agree completly.

Although I dont agree on the items stages part, but thats a whole different debate.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Oli_ftw Posted at: 13:54 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197414
Oli_ftw
+
+
I find its more fun without items
I'm a jerk
King of Hell Posted at: 14:00 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197430
King of Hell
+
+
In some instances, this is the case. I don't like it when there are too many, but I enjoy some. Deku Nu[b][/b]ts, Smart Bombs, Smash Ba[b][/b]lls, etc.

marielue5 Posted at: 14:16 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197490
marielue5
+
+
Ok guys, I edited the tittle so we could debate about items, read the edit on my first post plz.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Oli_ftw Posted at: 14:21 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197499
Oli_ftw
+
+
I agree on the items bit. I never use items apart from the Smash ball with my friends even when we are just messing around
I'm a jerk
Chaos Sonic Posted at: 14:30 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197516
Chaos Sonic
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Itmes arent cheap. Any REAL player can adapt to anything no matter what and wont complain just becuase of that item or these items he lost, that judst means that they cant deal with playing with items.
marielue5 Posted at: 14:36 Apr13 2008 Post ID: 2197525
marielue5
+
+
On 13-Apr-2008 Chaos Sonic said:Itmes arent cheap. Any REAL player can adapt to anything no matter what and wont complain just becuase of that item or these items he lost, that judst means that they cant deal with playing with items.
Lol, actually no your wrong, competitive players when they are playing competitively, choose not to put items on because thats the competitive rules, just as it was in melee, watch any youtube vids of competitive players playing competitivly and you would know that they dont turn items on.

Also as far as your adapting to any situation aurgument, while we can adapt to different situations, its still unfair, because the items fall unfairly, so both your aurguments fail on my opinion.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close