Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Fake Anti-Spyware

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

D34th5trike Posted: 10:28 Jun24 2008 Post ID: 2296172
D34th5trike
Post Likes: 0
+
Alright, there's this program called "Antivirus XP 2008" and my desktop background says,"Warning! Spyware detected on your computer! Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean you computer". I make it a different background and when I restart it it's back there again. Now I try to uninstall the program, but it's still there. I have McAfee Security Center and there's nothing about spyware while I was scanning the computer. What can I use to remove this fake Antivirus?
cheating-is-good Posted: 16:25 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2299449
cheating-is-go
od
+
Did you, by any chance try to install a media codec?

Download a program called Smitfraudfix and run that in safe mode. Also, get Avast and run a boot scan, or AVG. McAfee sucks in my opinion.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
v-gamer Posted: 20:41 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2299709
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
Go to Start > Search. In the search box, type in "C:/program files"

Search for the file which contains all the files for that Anti Spyware, and delete it.

If that doesn't work, and it's absolutely necessary to get rid of it, delete everything on your computer and start over.

But if there are no spywares or viruses, then I don't think you really have to worry about this spyware on your computer.

[I know what you mean, by the way; that always happened when I ghosted (or simply put my computer back to a past date) my computer and started all over. These spywares ads go away in about a week.]
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Youkou Posted: 12:49 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300310
Youkou
C:\Program Files
Post Likes: 1
+
Just do a System Restore to the point you didn't had it yet...

Will solve the prob most of the time.
DeadWing Posted: 02:40 Jul10 2008 Post ID: 2320694
DeadWing
+
I agree with Youkou, a system restore should fix the problem. Just cycle through the dates and the files until you see the description that says something like "restores your computer to the point before this program was installed". Hopefully, it works.
Go read a different signature.
sissy0606 Posted: 16:44 Aug20 2008 Post ID: 2389955
sissy0606
+
ok lission to me you got vertimundo and it is NOT good you HAVE to reload your computer do not bother with system restore which will work with little problem but not this oh and DONT ignore it if you do it will get so bad that your computer will STOP TURNING ON! if you do try to use system restore it will not work because it saves its self to your system restore files IT WILL NOT COME OFF!

if you are going to reload your computer your self make sure to instale all drivers and pre install your antivirus and other programs on a diffrent computer and transfer to yours

if you get it reloaded by a tech make sure they instale drivers and antivirus at least

TIP if you get on the internet with out antivirus you will get infected

IF YOUR COMPUTER IS ASKING FOR MONEY TO REMOVE THE VIRUS DONT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE ASKING FOR THE MONEY ARE THE PEOPLE THAT GAVE YOU THE VIRUS I REPEAT DO NOT PAY THEM!

[color=red]SCBF: crazyjoey^_^
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 488226

Post Top
Click to close