Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Vector this, vector that.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Mr.Clueless Posted: 00:21 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2298603
Mr.Clueless
Post Likes: 1
+
Oh, I have one more thing to say about Neko's style. It's not original. Just lurk, you'll see tonnes of vector art in that same style. I mean, his is unique to all of them in a few ways, but the underlining style is still the same. Not to pick on him, I have nothing wrong with him at all. You're just all using him as an example, and I'm just too tired right now not to follow suit. I almost worked from daylight to daybreak today. D=
Again, just because it's unique here, doesn't mean it's unique everywhere, and vice versa; just because a style is whored here, doesn't mean that it's not unique to this site.
Oh, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other people used vector here before Neko did. Rhodri is (was) a prime example.

I can only name a couple of people on this site that have made true vectors, not following any tuts, or using stock images, or anything, and all but a couple of those people are gone. Mainly Rhodri.
And, again, I can only mention a few people who don't normally use whored styless, and again, most are gone. And where? Away from this utter crap forum. It's all drama, and the same crap every day. Preteens who haven't learned how to be a grown up, and think for them selves.

C4Ds and smudge are a great effect, but it starts getting really monotonous seeing, day after day, just smudge tagss and C4D tags, and smudged C4D tags. Why not use other great effects, or develop your own? You people seem to think that if you don't get something right the first time, if you don't get your desired effect after the first time you try something, and it gets ripped to shreds by other noobs, then it's not worth doing, and that you should just drop it. You cannot possibly be further than the truth. That gives you even more reason to continue on with that effect/style.

These so-called fads, these "new and catchy" styles are nothing but that, fads. They come, they live their overzealous lives, and then they die. Why not be the truly cool person, and stray away from those fads? Because, really, to be totally honest, whatever the moagority of the group is doing, whatever people are conforming to at the moment (this is true for all of live) is the furthest thing from the truth. It's wht the media, and people want you to believe, so they can profit from it. And, most importantly, it's what you want to beleive it to be, because you're too damned lazy and afriad to do your own thing, to be truly unique; you're all too lazy and afraid because all you want to do in life is to be like everyone else, and to fit in, to be accepted by society. But, wouldn't it be better, if you were the one people were trying to be like? Wouldn't it be better if you were the one at the top, the one in control? Wouldn't that make you truly happy, and truly able to shed all fear, and to truly accomplish anything?

About people not knowing about what a true vector is, why don't you teach them? Hmmm?

And, Lycanthrope, haven't you ever noticed that the teachers, the people who truly know what they are talking about, never use their martial arts? I mean, they practise it, all the time, because they must, if they wish to continue their mastery. But, they never show it off, they never demonstrate their true power to others, they never use it on other people. And, just why is that? Because they don't have the need, or the want to do anything of the sort. They know what they're capable of, and they don't need to prove anything at all to anyone, anybody. They know that they're better than you, and could kill your pathetic *** so fast you couldn't even measure it in time. And, really, when it gets down to it, that's all that matters.

tl;dr
If you're going to use grunge/smudge/C4Ds/vector, at least be unique and creative about it, and never EVER EVER follow others. That just tells society that you're weak, and scared, and just don't care about yourself, or anyone else for that matter, enough to do something new and exciting. And, nobody on this site has ever EVER created thier own, unique style. Ever.
And so he said, "and there will be delicious cake", and with those words, I said, "I see what you did there..."
Lycanthrope Posted: 05:24 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2298766
Lycanthrope
Post Likes: 0
+
Well then who's a teacher? I'm sure it's not you or yossy or anybody here. I haven't seen anybody teaching anybody so really what does that have to do with the situation here? Explain that to me please cause I really don't know, not trying to be a smart *** or anything I just don't know why that has to do with anything here.
[center][b] Damn awesome tag by V-Gamer, thanks breh

The Word Alive - The Devil Inside
PannicC[/center][/b]
Jam Jar Posted: 05:56 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2298774
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
On 25-Jun-2008 Probe said:You say so, that Neko brought Vector to this site? Well, that pisses me of.

I knew about vector long before I ever knew Neko. So what, I was inspired by him, and made one piece like that. But don't go on with this rant because people are doing Vector now, it's the style, it's my signature style. I never started vector because of Neko. And besides, many people here don't know what vector really is. I have seen but two actual vectors on Super cheats. So don't go telling us off, for just making graphic design. Vector is a style, and is not only confined to Neko himself.
I was just about to say that, i knew how to vector back in early 2007.

There are certain styles that go round for example there was a point where everyone was making grunge sigs. It's just the sytle atm it will change at some point to something else and everyone will be doing that.

It's just how GFX goes. I personly like simple grayscale sigs.
ozzo Posted: 06:27 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2298790
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
I have to say though, I thought GA was a forum meant for graphics and art work? where people post their art for others to see?

so now they arent allowed to do that because it's "unoriginal"?

I mean, surely they are allowed to try new styles and improve? no one can be good just like that.

yeah, sure, a lot of people AREN'T original, but they can at least be free to do whatever they want really, can't they?

yossy666 Posted: 06:51 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2298802
yossy666
+
^ 'I mean, surely they are allowed to try new styles and improve? no one can be good just like that.'

No. Everyone's allowed to try new things for practise and improvement... but that's not the reason behind people trying the new fads. They do it to fit in.

Also, I love your current signature Bex.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
ozzo Posted: 07:07 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2298812
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
thanks, it was in sotw a few weeks back

:D

v-gamer Posted: 08:58 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2298885
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+

Well I'll admit I use tuts now and then if I'm bored or if I'm not feeling creative. But other than that, that's actually pretty rare.

I get inspired by other sigs, sometimes, but I use my own style. I plan on making something very unique when I get the chance, probably tomorrow. I'm fairly sure it's a sig that SuperCheats won't have seen. But, it'll probably suck. I don't care. I'll keep trying.

Because what you said is true. I personally love to smudge. I like to create different smudge settings and mess around with it.

I've done it in my current tag, to create flow, and the basic background, and what-not.

What I said was pretty much based on me, comparing to what you said. I can't really compare to the other artists' on this site because I believe that not all their work gets posted here. So I may see some, but not all.

« Last edited by v-gamer on Jun 26th 2008 »
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Lycanthrope Posted: 10:12 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2298949
Lycanthrope
+
On 26-Jun-2008 yossy666 said:^ 'I mean, surely they are allowed to try new styles and improve? no one can be good just like that.'

No. Everyone's allowed to try new things for practise and improvement... but that's not the reason behind people trying the new fads. They do it to fit in.

How do you know that's the reason? Maybe they are trying to improve, you don't know what it is for sure neither do I.
[center][b] Damn awesome tag by V-Gamer, thanks breh

The Word Alive - The Devil Inside
PannicC[/center][/b]
Probe Posted: 11:12 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2299020
Probe
+
All of this you are talking about is'nt vector, it's Vexel. Easily mistaken.
"I don't know if I should smile because we're friends, or cry because that's all we ever will be..."

MSN- teh-probe(at)hotmail(dot)com

factor_x55 Posted: 12:27 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2299077
factor_x55
+
On 26-Jun-2008 yossy666 said:^ 'I mean, surely they are allowed to try new styles and improve? no one can be good just like that.'

Have you ever wondered why these different styles turn into fads? I don't think it's because people are trying to fit in. It's because at the time, they were truly amazing styles. I mean, if I see a style I like, of course I'm going to try it out. If people are just making graphics because it's fun, then they're probably going to just do they styles that they like. But if you make tags because you enjoy every aspect of art, and you like trying new things out to get your desired effect, then I can see how these fads would be annoying to you. But you (Well, I) can't really be mad at others just because they don't fully appreciate the beauty of all art. Some aspects of art aren't interesting to people. Maybe smudging is the only thing they really like. I don't know. I think fads are stupid, but not really that annoying.
ieatwyverns Posted: 18:12 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2299552
ieatwyverns
+
I count my name 14 times in this topic.

not bad...

On a serious note? I'd like to point a couple of things out.

nobody on this site has ever EVER created thier own, unique style. Ever.

'a lot of other people used vector here before Neko did.'

I have to say though, I thought GA was a forum meant for graphics and art work? where people post their art for others to see?

so now they arent allowed to do that because it's "unoriginal"?

I mean, surely they are allowed to try new styles and improve? no one can be good just like that.

yeah, sure, a lot of people AREN'T original, but they can at least be free to do whatever they want really, can't they?

All agreed with, thoroughly.

The fact that there are an infinite amount of different styles out there makes it virtually impossible to create a totally unique style.

If you try hard enough, you could find similarities between any piece of artwork and another. Surely then, that means you can claim the artist hasn't been original?

I put Becky's post in there, because I believe she brings up the best point here. So what if people aren't original. No-one is totally original all of the time, no-one. That doesn't mean that they should get beaten and locked up for producing artwork that looks similar to someone else's though. They look for advise from you people so that they can improve, for goodness sake. Most of the time, they just get harassed for either it being pathetic or unoriginal.

I don't want people to think that I brought the vector style to SC and I shall be sorely saddened if this argument derived simply because of me.
Mr.Clueless Posted: 23:41 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2299823
Mr.Clueless
+
On 26-Jun-2008 Lycanthrope said:Well then who's a teacher? I'm sure it's not you or yossy or anybody here. I haven't seen anybody teaching anybody so really what does that have to do with the situation here? Explain that to me please cause I really don't know, not trying to be a smart *** or anything I just don't know why that has to do with anything here.
There are many different ways to teach, not just one. Teach by example, teach by leading, teach by criticism, teach by blah blah blah. Point is, a lot of people on this site teach others, whether it be direct or indirect. Also, I have actually taught a few people directly, but through MSN.
And so he said, "and there will be delicious cake", and with those words, I said, "I see what you did there..."
Destined Sorrow Posted: 23:43 Jun26 2008 Post ID: 2299825
Destined Sorrow
Forum GuestMember
+
i am one of those peple on MSN woot but yea this thread is just loads of crap
Probe Posted: 06:13 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300027
Probe
+
Other Mods, do you think I should close this? It's probably gonna end in a big flame fest.
"I don't know if I should smile because we're friends, or cry because that's all we ever will be..."

MSN- teh-probe(at)hotmail(dot)com

Mr.Clueless Posted: 08:22 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300083
Mr.Clueless
+
I'll close it.

-Pool's closed-
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 362096

Post Top
Click to close