Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Post your Training Tips

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
PhilXZ Posted at: 19:49 Oct15 2008 Post ID: 2455178
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I thought this would help people who are in need of some good training advice.

Just post your ways, tips, and help-out here on how to train to become good.

- Make a stage that forms a giant square with one opening at the top. Enter 'Brawl' or 'Training Mode' and select the stage. Enter the hole to get inside the stage, then fight your opponent for almost and endless time.

- On 'Training' pick one opponent first on the easiest level, then after some fights against the CPU add another one also at level 1. Then again after some brawls against him/her, pick a 3rd and fina CPU at levle one. After those brawls, raise the level of one CPU by 1. Continue to do this until you are able to beat all CPUs at level 9.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
marielue5 Posted at: 11:54 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455469
marielue5
Post Likes: 1
+
+
My training tips? Play me or Pd40 online, you are bound to get better. Lol but if you can't do that then just practise against the best people around you that you know, or play level 9's I guess (although that will pretty much not do anything for you)
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

guy in oakland Posted at: 15:31 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455560
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
lol from the very beginning I start with lvl 9 computers :D

you really want to know the best training tip?check out combo videos of the character you want to main on youtube,they have atleast one for every character

heres a pretty good falco one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-N03kJX_g

PSN-intayaz

guy in oakland Posted at: 15:31 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455562
guy in oakland
+
+
On 16-Oct-2008 marielue5 said:My training tips? Play me or Pd40 online, you are bound to get better. Lol but if you can't do that then just practise against the best people around you that you know, or play level 9's I guess (although that will pretty much not do anything for you)
I try to get away from marth players so I don't play PD40 too much :p

although I never versed you beforeEh

PSN-intayaz

marielue5 Posted at: 15:34 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455566
marielue5
+
+
On 16-Oct-2008 guy in oakland said:I try to get away from marth players so I don't play PD40 too much :p

although I never versed you beforeEh
Lol well I was just being cocky.....Anyways I like your first tip and its what I do when I examine what character to get good with, or how to improve. Also another tip would be to try not to spam a lot, you will get better and better the more diverse you make your moves.
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

guy in oakland Posted at: 15:39 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455573
guy in oakland
+
+
faq's also give you a pretty good outline on how to use your character

PSN-intayaz

jose22_1986 Posted at: 20:17 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455827
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
+
You could check tips for your character's at Smashbros.com or just fight as many people as possible which is what I do and I trained on level 9's
bomba Posted at: 20:33 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455844
bomba
+
+
My tip? Just keep playing, everyone gradually gets better from just playing and experimenting different attacks and combos.

Wixxan Gamer Posted at: 12:13 Oct17 2008 Post ID: 2456132
Wixxan Gamer
+
+
I'm not sure that this is so much as a tip but a hint but if your finding it hard against a heavy person, block and then move left/right to dodge. So the player i moving back and forth trying to hit you while you roll round him and get a quick attack on him.
Note:THis doesnt always work + Online players may call it cheating. But its good to annoy a person coming over to your house to play!
jose22_1986 Posted at: 14:38 Oct17 2008 Post ID: 2456295
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
+
That usually doesn't work since it's easy to grab someone who keeps rolling trust me it happens to me all the time which is why I decided to try and stop doing that.
CurryMonster Posted at: 15:02 Oct17 2008 Post ID: 2456362
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
+
+
Here's a useful tip for you all. Don't place too much faith in what the self-proclaimed 'experts' tell you. Watching videos of tournament matches won't make you a better player any more than listening to Iron Maiden will make you a better drummer. Choose a character you're good as, play against a wide range of opponents (CPU and human) on a variety of stages. Develop your own fighting style. Be unpredictable. And always have a back-up plan.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
King of Hell Posted at: 15:54 Oct17 2008 Post ID: 2456397
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
+
And don't suck. Not sucking is important.

Also, try not to get too caught up in everything people will try to throw in your face. All the "L-canceling" and "wave-(word)ing" in the world won't help you as much as developing your own style will. All these idiotic terms are mainly thrown around to make people sound like better players, and chances are they don't know what their supposed to mean either.

In response to Curry, watching people that are good at what they do may give you insight on how to better your own style, as long as you don't obsess over mimicking it.

As an additional note, Final Destination is not the only stage in the world, believe it or not. There are numerous other fantastic stages with unique and amusing elements to play on... No items, Fox only, Final Destination is NOT how to play this game.

jose22_1986 Posted at: 16:41 Oct17 2008 Post ID: 2456451
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
+
On 17-Oct-2008 CurryMonster said:Here's a useful tip for you all. Don't place too much faith in what the self-proclaimed 'experts' tell you. Watching videos of tournament matches won't make you a better player any more than listening to Iron Maiden will make you a better drummer. Choose a character you're good as, play against a wide range of opponents (CPU and human) on a variety of stages. Develop your own fighting style. Be unpredictable. And always have a back-up plan.
That's so true if you only try to copy them how do u expect to be the best u can't beat them with their own style and ur goal should be to beat everyone
plus who wants to listen to people who think they're the best.
Aether13 Posted at: 07:54 Oct18 2008 Post ID: 2456887
Aether13
+
+
On 16-Oct-2008 marielue5 said:My training tips? Play me or Pd40 online, you are bound to get better. Lol but if you can't do that then just practise against the best people around you that you know, or play level 9's I guess (although that will pretty much not do anything for you)
Honestly edge lol I can beat PD using my Marth and using my Zelda/Sheik. But on topic, if you have wifi facing good people will help,if you don't Lvl 9 and if you want make them in a handicap match against you,or boss battles on intense.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
CurryMonster Posted at: 08:32 Oct18 2008 Post ID: 2456898
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
+
+
Boss Battles won't make you good at regular fights. The bosses only attack once every ten seconds or so, are twenty times as big as your character, and can't be KOed by knocking them off the screen. It might make you good at dodging attacks, but it certainly won't help you to fight anyone whose health is measured in percent.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
King of Hell Posted at: 10:39 Oct18 2008 Post ID: 2457018
King of Hell
+
+
WiFi won't make you terrific either. There IS lag, as much as some people refuse to believe it, and the extra time to think while the game is frozen won't ever happen in an ordinary match.

Aether13 Posted at: 13:41 Oct18 2008 Post ID: 2457225
Aether13
+
+
On 18-Oct-2008 King of Hell said:WiFi won't make you terrific either. There IS lag, as much as some people refuse to believe it, and the extra time to think while the game is frozen won't ever happen in an ordinary match.
Actually I have gotten a lot better off of wifi. But it depends on your connection

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
King of Hell Posted at: 15:27 Oct18 2008 Post ID: 2457282
King of Hell
+
+
Or on the connection of the people you're facing.

And WiFi is still inferior to standard or special Brawl.

jose22_1986 Posted at: 16:20 Oct18 2008 Post ID: 2457335
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
+
But isn't wifi what ur training for anyway other than that what is there besides ur friends and won't u get tired of beating the same people.
johnkrill Posted at: 17:28 Oct18 2008 Post ID: 2457377
johnkrill
+
+
Getting very good a Brawl is pretty tough actually. I've been playing the SSB series for 7 years and there are still people that are much better than me.

What I usually do is a 3 stock match, no items, on Battlefield. I play a random character against a random level 9 computer. This helps me learn all of the characters (moves, weaknesses, etc). From that, I picked my best characters and practiced with them.

It helps to look online for basic combo tips and tricks for your character and practice them in training mode. Practice spiking (if your character can do so), edge guarding, and anything else that seems useful.

The one secret to Brawl is to time your attacks. The best Brawl players have the ability to predetermine their opponent's moves. You have to know what the other player will do BEFORE THEY DO.

An example trick of ^. Usually after you die and jump down to your opponent from your spawn point, your opponent will dodgeroll behind you. If you already know that they will do so, hold off on that Fsmash that you want to do so badly. Wait one more second for your opponent to roll behind you and THEN hit them.

Brawl is all a mind game. Unlike Melee (where you forced your opponent to make mistakes), you have to wait for your opponent to make a mistake.

Sig and Avy made my me!!!
Brawl FC is 3394-4531-4018
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close