Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Is the Loch Ness Monster real or not?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Princess X Posted: 14:47 Dec05 2008 Post ID: 2495207
Princess X
Post Likes: 0
+
This question seems to get on the mind of every English or Irish person. Other countries should know about it too. Loch Ness Monster, lives in Loch Ness, Scotland, looks like an Elmosauras (type of dinosaur if you are completely brainless) and eats fish (pretty obvious!).

Is there such thing as the Loch Ness Monster?

Alot of sightings have occured. Evidence: http://www.nessie.co.uk Isn't it strange? In 1986 (I think) a class of children (in Scotland) were looking out at the lake. Suddenly they saw this giant creature bob out of the ripples for a second. They all saw it.

So tell us what you think?

P.S. I think the Loch Ness Monster is real, incase any of you mods complain I didn't say what I thought.

« Last edited by Princess X on Dec 6th 2008 »

Join Shadows Unite!
I'm Amy. Elena's dead.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
g33k Posted: 15:54 Dec05 2008 Post ID: 2495237
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
Does Nessie exist? Yes I think so. The amount of evidence that there is to support it is out standing. You have already provided a link but not told us much about what you think. What do you think? Also I believe this is a duplicate topic lemme check if so I will close it and bump the other.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
super craig Posted: 20:02 Dec05 2008 Post ID: 2495337
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
Pretty sure is a duplicate but don't worry about it, the other was over a month old anyway.

Personally I don't think its real, all the 'evidence' we've got has been proven to be faked or is of such shabby quality that you can't do anything with it, you'd have thought in this day with high quality camera phones we'd have got a decent image but alas nothing. Funny how when any proper expeditions were undertaken there was no evidence collected at all to prove it exsists.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

imaloony8.0 Posted: 22:59 Dec05 2008 Post ID: 2495407
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
When I went camping once, we camped next to a lake and there was a tire in the water poking out so that it looked like some sort of large fish or something. We named it Nessy.

No, it doesn't exist. It's simply fiction, and all the people who "saw" it either had bad eyesight, were looking through a fog, we mistook a tire or a boat for the monster. It's not real.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Sacred_Light Posted: 23:52 Dec05 2008 Post ID: 2495412
Sacred_Light
+
Personally, I believe that the Loch Ness monster exsists. There is already a wide variety of photos taken, many proven wrong, some unexplained. Including Roy Mackal's expedition in 1970 which a variety of hydrophones were set up to record sounds in The Loch, when played, bird like calls could be heard at greater depths of the hydrophones themselves. The calls subsided when a watercraft passed over them and continued when the craft moved away.

Here are some interesting links.
http://au.youtube.com/watch...-IwUijoc
http://www.solarnavigator.n...ster.htm

« Last edited by Sacred_Light on Dec 5th 2008 »
[center]I am now known as Divinity
Snowfire Posted: 11:23 Dec06 2008 Post ID: 2495688
Snowfire
+
I believe the Loch Ness Monster exsists. I mean, the amount of evidence is outstanding! I've made a few trips to the lake myself. A few weeks ago a fisherman caught a prehistoric-like fish in it's waters, and Nessie is thought to be an Elmosaurus, so... you know.
Team Dragonfire

Credit for sig: sora101

"Smile just for the fun of it."

Guess what? Most of my teams are deleted now! Okay... that's all I have to say... for now...

Sorry for not being on much, guys! Don't forget about me!
Princess X Posted: 11:43 Dec06 2008 Post ID: 2495707
Princess X
+
On 05-Dec-2008 super craig said:Pretty sure is a duplicate but don't worry about it, the other was over a month old anyway.

Personally I don't think its real, all the 'evidence' we've got has been proven to be faked or is of such shabby quality that you can't do anything with it, you'd have thought in this day with high quality camera phones we'd have got a decent image but alas nothing. Funny how when any proper expeditions were undertaken there was no evidence collected at all to prove it exsists.
This is one of my fav. discussions so I thought I'd bring it back. I wasn't sure if it was a duplicate or not thought.

Of course there was. Two of the biggest searches proved it was possible. The water is very murky in the lake so it's hard to make out anything. The Project Urquhurt found a ver large, warm, moving presence of a whole creature, so it can't be a shoal of fish. It really is possible.

Join Shadows Unite!
I'm Amy. Elena's dead.
rate_me Posted: 18:51 Dec06 2008 Post ID: 2496000
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
On 06-Dec-2008 Snowfire said:I believe the Loch Ness Monster exsists. I mean, the amount of evidence is outstanding! I've made a few trips to the lake myself. A few weeks ago a fisherman caught a prehistoric-like fish in it's waters, and Nessie is thought to be an Elmosaurus, so... you know.
Loch Ness is too cold to sustain most if not any reptile. The average temperature is 5.5�C (42�F), which is not inhabitable for a large, cold-blooded reptile. Could you please provide a link for the report of the capture of the ancient fish? Are you sure that it (the fish) isn't a Celocanth, which are found near Africa?

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Princess X Posted: 05:48 Dec07 2008 Post ID: 2496224
Princess X
+
Even if they are found in Africa it's unusual for any to get into Loch Ness, which is in Scotland.

Join Shadows Unite!
I'm Amy. Elena's dead.
rate_me Posted: 12:45 Dec07 2008 Post ID: 2496320
rate_me
+
On 07-Dec-2008 Princess X said:Even if they are found in Africa it's unusual for any to get into Loch Ness, which is in Scotland.
I know. You said that some people recently found a prehistoric fish near Europe, and I was trying to see if you got them mixed up. Why would something like that go there?

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
sid140 Posted: 13:48 Dec07 2008 Post ID: 2496345
sid140
+
Of course nessie's real! How could you not believe in him!
That's insulting. I have no solid evidence, but he's real.
I think.

Sig by ozzo
Avy by Phil
Contact me @ [email protected]
Xbox live gamertag: sid140
rate_me Posted: 14:15 Dec07 2008 Post ID: 2496362
rate_me
+
On 07-Dec-2008 sid140 said:Of course nessie's real! How could you not believe in him!
That's insulting. I have no solid evidence, but he's real.
I think.
[sarcasm] No evidence? Well, I guess I'll take your word for it [/sarcasm] Perhaps I don't believe in him bedcause Plesiosaurs are extinct, the water is too cold, there is no way for it to reproduce, and few reports are not intentional hoaxes.

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
Raikiri Posted: 14:18 Dec07 2008 Post ID: 2496363
Raikiri
+
I Think that The Nessie Is Fake, As the Picture That was Taken of Nessie (Which was In Black and White) Was just a Sub Marine, As the Photographer Told The Media after a While. He Admitted it Was a Hoax.

You Guys Might Think Im Talking Crap Here But this Is my Theory of The "Nessie"
After The Hoax the Government Must Have heard Of the story, So Maybe They created This Thing that went under Water, Maybe a Submarine Or something. So Every So often it Will Appear above the Surface. The Reason i think this is because the Government Could Earn Money by Making Hoaxes Like These.

Another Crazy Theory of Mine IS That the Murky Water could just be Pollution and It's Fairly Cold Down Scotland And around Lake Nessie so theres Bound to be Foggy Conditions,Which also Might be affecting how Things look. As for the Ripples in the Water, It could just be that tonnes of Local Hooligans/Proffesional Researchers are trying too search for the Nessie, Thus Making Ripples in the water.

that's What i Think, but i think My second Theory is More Logical.

Sig And Avy made by me...Raikiri :D
g33k Posted: 14:30 Dec07 2008 Post ID: 2496367
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 07-Dec-2008 sid140 said:But I still think he's real.
Lalalala? Post deleted please don't make posts like that. Read the D&D rules.

Thanks!,
g33k the mod
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
super craig Posted: 16:34 Dec07 2008 Post ID: 2496432
super craig
+
On 07-Dec-2008 Raikiri said:I Think that The Nessie Is Fake, As the Picture That was Taken of Nessie (Which was In Black and White) Was just a Sub Marine, As the Photographer Told The Media after a While. He Admitted it Was a Hoax.

You Guys Might Think Im Talking Crap Here But this Is my Theory of The "Nessie"
After The Hoax the Government Must Have heard Of the story, So Maybe They created This Thing that went under Water, Maybe a Submarine Or something. So Every So often it Will Appear above the Surface. The Reason i think this is because the Government Could Earn Money by Making Hoaxes Like These.

Another Crazy Theory of Mine IS That the Murky Water could just be Pollution and It's Fairly Cold Down Scotland And around Lake Nessie so theres Bound to be Foggy Conditions,Which also Might be affecting how Things look. As for the Ripples in the Water, It could just be that tonnes of Local Hooligans/Proffesional Researchers are trying too search for the Nessie, Thus Making Ripples in the water.

that's What i Think, but i think My second Theory is More Logical.
I don't really think the government is going to be behind it, they can make far more money by making something more believable up which means that can increase taxes and things like that.

Its certainly true that conditions in and around Loch Ness are hardly ideal for finding things, making it a lot harder. There are likely to be artifacts introduced into research, as there always is but I don't think its the fact that there are some many people there messing up the results.

Nashdar Posted: 06:38 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497289
Nashdar
+
I beleive he is real. I might be just to guilable, but I do. I beleive in all phenomon there is in the world. Even though we haven't YET found such a creature with true evidence, I still do believe it is possible to find such a creature. I mean, maybe this reptile isn't like normal reptiles which can actually with stand the coldness of the water. It is consider to be a dinosouar. Chances are, creatures from back then and now have changed a bit.

IF, I say, IF there isn't a Loch Ness monster in Loch Ness, I beleive there is some type of dinosouar out there somewhere. We just haven't found it, sorta like how we haven't found the solution to AIDS. We all will keep trying!

Gift from Becky, don't look at it too long, beauty might blind you!

Older Account is "Gamesubmitter" Stats Below
super craig Posted: 08:21 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497306
super craig
+
On 09-Dec-2008 Nashdar said:I beleive he is real. I might be just to guilable, but I do. I beleive in all phenomon there is in the world. Even though we haven't YET found such a creature with true evidence, I still do believe it is possible to find such a creature. I mean, maybe this reptile isn't like normal reptiles which can actually with stand the coldness of the water. It is consider to be a dinosouar. Chances are, creatures from back then and now have changed a bit.

IF, I say, IF there isn't a Loch Ness monster in Loch Ness, I beleive there is some type of dinosouar out there somewhere. We just haven't found it, sorta like how we haven't found the solution to AIDS. We all will keep trying!
One of those dinosaurs that is able to live for millions of years right? If it is a dinosaur its either stupidly old or up until relatively recently there was 2 (mum and dad) in which case why weren't there more sightings since there would have been more over a longer period of time.

Gears02 Posted: 17:08 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497497
Gears02
+
I don't think the Loch Ness Monster exists, for the simple fact that it would have to live for millions of years, and even if it did evolve it would have to become a cold-blooded reptile , until they find the body of one im not buyin it.
peanut butter ownage Posted: 18:10 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497598
peanut butter ownage
Friendly Neigborhood PBO!
+
I think that Nessie is real, although there isn't solid proof that such a creature exists, there is some pretty good hints.

The creature is real, but whether it is just a giant kind of fish, a new species of whale, a large group of fish that skim the watee\r in fluid movements, something along those lines, there is something exotic in Loch Ness, I'm sure of it.

Rathalos9 Posted: 20:57 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497728
Rathalos9
+
I dont bleive in it... How is this a picture of nessie? It could just be a picture of a rock or anything else, videos are All fake,these "observations" is just BS i dont care what a drunk Scotsman thought he saw.Drawings, Seriously? People who belive in this will think that pics and vids are evidence, skeptics will shoot them down.

Avy by .Impact

Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close