Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

The Samus Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:32 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268834
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
My best character is Samus, and I need to know the following:

What is the easiest way to exploit Samus's Super Wavedash during combat? It is very hard for me to get started, but then, I have to go to practice mode and put the game on 1/4 speed, and even THEN it's really hard for me...

What are some very good combos to use with Samus? I don't care hoe complicated they are or how simple they are, I need some good combos!

How can I get Samus's Super Wavedash to home in on a foe? It seems to me that you have to hold L, but it never works for me...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
nevake Posted at: 16:40 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268961
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
If your talking about her 3 times long grapple thing, thats not the super wavedash, the superwavedash is where she disappears to the other side of the screen. It's quite easy to use the grapple just keep alternating between up and down and you can usually get it on the first try if you've done it enough. There's no need to put the game on 1/4 speed. For it to home in, you have to hold L and then press Z while holding L to shield grab. For combos, a very simple yet useful one is mine setup combos where you use a d-b move and the explosion of it hitting your opponent will cause you to rise up and be able to perform any aerial, L-cancel, and usually follow it up.
The REAL superwavedash is harder to do and even with an hour of practice, i can only do it around 1/20 times. Also, the grapple just homes in, you can't control it. It works behind, above, anywhere, you just can't grab out of air.
ritt.no-ip.com
Cylun Posted at: 16:46 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268968
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
why does everone forget that samus is a girl?
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
DN2627 Posted at: 16:49 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268973
DN2627
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Disappears to the other side of the screen? Samus doesn't teleport or anything in her super wavedash, she just slides across the ground for a huge distance.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:53 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268981
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
What is a Super Wavedash, then?

And is there a technique I can use make it easier to start up Samus's Supergrapple?

(Hey, add that to the GameFAQs list, 'Supergrapple': the extention of the distance of Samus's Grapple Beam.)
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

nevake Posted at: 16:58 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268985
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I don't think its as easy to add a cheat there as it is on #gfaqs, and sorry cylun i forget ;x Yeah I know but it looks like he's disappearing before so i did that in order to avoid confusion. And he already thought the superwavedash was a grapple...
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:22 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 269018
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I was basing what I knew off of listening to other people on this forum and it sounded like a wavedash was a grapple and a superwavedash was one of those grapple extentions, like Samus's.

nevake Posted at: 17:35 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 269038
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
PLEASE read the newb faq
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:37 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 269042
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I don't need to now. Except to know what a Wavedash is. I'll pull it up now...

Patooty Posted at: 01:21 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 271602
Patooty
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Wow, I was about to start a Samus discussion, but didn't think that anybody would be interested. Anyways, you should at least familiarize yourself with the terms, and what they mean if you're not gonna read the guide. (I haven't read the newb faq myself so I wouldn't know how tedious it is to go through)

All or most of Samus' combos are situational, and made on the spot. There might be SOME combos (bombos :P) like bombing into a ff'd d-air, and stuff like that, Samus is a very situational character. Rule of thumb for missiles though, is to ALWAYS fire one when there's nothing else you can possible do, and the missile won't create any extra lag for you. For instance, u-air to missile before you hit the ground.

As for using Samus in general, she's one of those characters that uses all her moves, so make sure that you don't neglect any of them.
Resident Samus of SuperCheats |
THE Canadian Samus |
Best in BC
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 02:15 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 271677
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
all her moves except usmash ;x
ritt.no-ip.com - roy is top tier. (no, not really, you dolt.)
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:16 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 277981
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Her upsmash sucks. Her uptilt is very good.

nevake Posted at: 08:53 Jul24 2005 Post ID: 282921
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Also, her roll sucks
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 09:50 Jul24 2005 Post ID: 283077
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
She's slow in her roll, and she's vulernable going in and coming out of it. If you have ever played Metroid Prime, you should know that it takes a second to for her to make herself into Morph Ball form, so actually the Morph Ball you see in SSBM is actually much faster done than Samus really can do.

Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 12:54 Jul24 2005 Post ID: 283744
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
lol, and it still sucks. she just wants to show off her morph ball abilities :p

yeah, when i play samus i just try to throw missiles all over the place.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
nevake Posted at: 08:17 Jul25 2005 Post ID: 285547
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Samus' wavedash is the easiest wd for me to do (it goes with my natural finger pattern) other than IC..
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 13:14 Jul30 2005 Post ID: 301616
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 24-Jul-2005 Mask-o-Sheik said:lol, and it still sucks. she just wants to show off her morph ball abilities :p

yeah, when i play samus i just try to throw missiles all over the place.
Same here, I launch Super Missles all over the place, but I don't spam them too much. I make a slow approach while blasting Super Missles, and then I might fire a Missle to distract them, then I'll go in and strike them with an fsmash.

I still think her Missles and Super Missles are some of the best projectiles in the game, as Super Missles have incredible power, doing 11-15% damage. Her Missles, despite their homing capability, suck, as they are slower, don't go as far as Super Missles, and only do 2-4% damage. But, they make an excellent distraction apparatus for people who spend too much time trying to shield something that will hardly even make them flinch. And in a way, the slowness of Missles make them rather *less* accurate than Super Missles, despite their homing feature.

nevake Posted at: 13:55 Jul30 2005 Post ID: 301686
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I never use homing missiles, I just use normal ones.
ritt.no-ip.com
marin Posted at: 23:44 Aug05 2005 Post ID: 318719
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
the only time a missile is good for is when your trying to do extra damage to someone not near you... otherwise use throw... and if you bothered to charge up try her b attack when you think they cant easily just duck and make it miss otherwise try smash moves to do damage... try hitting them with your b attack once they have like 40-60 damage on them... depending on the stage it can ko them most of the time
Marin, pokemon master
Patooty Posted at: 01:51 Aug06 2005 Post ID: 319014
Patooty
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Actually, close ranged missiles work pretty well, expecially when cancelled. Point blank missiles also work, but not all the time. Missiles are there not just to do damage, but to make the other player dodge, duck, shield or whatever, and then you swoop in right after your missile, or have another missile follow the first one. If it hits them, then all the better :P

As for the charge shot, use it if you find a good time to. Just having it is a mindgame that will make some people completely change their playstyle because they're watching out for it and trying not to get shot.
Resident Samus of SuperCheats |
THE Canadian Samus |
Best in BC
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close