Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Gears of War 2

Horde Mode...on INSANE!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
sparkygiacchino116 Posted at: 14:33 Feb18 2009 Post ID: 2549228
sparkygiacchino116
Post Likes: 0
+
+
How far has anyone gotten on Insane difficulty for horde mode? As a team of 5, me and my friends have made it to Wave 20 but can't beat that single wave. The 0 waves are nearly impossible because of the bloodmounts, the Kantus seems to be a crapton more accurate and its ink seems to be larger, and Grinders are THE BIGGEST PROBLEM besides Inks.

So, what's your record?
And if you need my gamertag for anything
CTMF Sparky13
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
nicko 9000 Posted at: 17:59 Feb25 2009 Post ID: 2556715
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
+
Supprisingly, it's not that difficult.

I got to wave 23 BY MYSELF, simply by using a boomshield. (I keep running out of ammo mid fight)
Always collect ammo/weapons when there's about 2 locust left, then run back to your spot and wait for the other two to surface.

I don't have working live at the moment, so I'm stuck hording with myself (would have been nice to have bots)

Whatever map you do it on, find somewhere where there's only one way to get to you, for instance the spawn point on blood drive.

After wave 7 or so, the big whacker locust come, with boomshields. Deploy it, so it blocks the entrance, and as long as you keep near it, you've perfectly safe. (easy to kill advancing locust, and even when crouching behind the boomshield, whacker locust don't hit you.

Regular locust rarely come towards you, and if they do it's easy to shotgun them to the face before they knock it down. As with the sire's, one close range shotgun round will send them to the floor, so you can shoot them whilst they're down.

This is me by myself, by the way, so with 4 others, it should be insanely (see what I did there?)
Easy, provided you always blindfire when there's a grinder about.

Look at some video's on youtube of people doing it, this should give you some help.
Practice by having warzones against insane bots(also use this time to find camping spots) I always play against insane bots anyway, all the other difficulties are way too easy.
sXe

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 02:40 Mar02 2009 Post ID: 2561293
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
i got to wave 40 by myself yes by myself

i was in Blood drive stayed in spwan area. I shot anything that came near. Deployed boomsehields to save me. When teh Maulers came(big guys with a ball and chain) i just shotgun them

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Aeon-Flux Posted at: 03:18 Mar02 2009 Post ID: 2561295
Aeon-Flux
Post Likes: 97
+
+
Me and my friends made it to Wave 47, then everyone called it quits. Wasn't really getting hard or anything like that once you learn the hiding and movement techniques.
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 23:14 Mar02 2009 Post ID: 2561990
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
yea master cover u can pwn anything i am up to wave 45 but then my friend had to go and i couldnt be bothered. I also told him wave 46 was full of kantus as a joke cause he hates killing kantus and yea.

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

razor101 Posted at: 07:43 Mar13 2009 Post ID: 2570936
razor101
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Me and my friends got to wave 19.then we kept dieing from, ink grenades,frag grenades,grinders,maulers,boomers,cyclops cheap chainsawin.then we called it quits.Anxious
sparkygiacchino116 Posted at: 16:13 Mar19 2009 Post ID: 2576338
sparkygiacchino116
+
+
Yeah, I see the boomshield deal, but you've definately got to guard it...any kind of infantry comes in and that gets kicked down, you're in TROUBLE! lol
The only major problem we have is the Ink Grenade, the 1-shot Bolter down, and the Bloodmount. I think that the Flamethrower and Torque work well against them though..just kill the guy on top first or he'll kick down the shield!
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 17:29 Mar19 2009 Post ID: 2576398
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
need help i had a shotgun,lancer,boltok and frag. get boomshields and deploy them. then when things are real close shot gun them before ur sheilds go down. Then Lancer anything mid range or shainsaw something maybe even tag. then for distance use the boltok.also dont kill wretches till the end then u can just chainsaw or tag them.

P.S those guns always get ammo each round.(grenade included)

P.S.S If you have friends wait till there is one wretch left and then try to tag it as much as you can wiht ur friends. Me nad mine got 9.

nicko 9000 Posted at: 20:38 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577751
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
+
On 19-Mar-2009 sparkygiacchino116 said:Yeah, I see the boomshield deal, but you've definately got to guard it...any kind of infantry comes in and that gets kicked down, you're in TROUBLE! lol
The only major problem we have is the Ink Grenade, the 1-shot Bolter down, and the Bloodmount. I think that the Flamethrower and Torque work well against them though..just kill the guy on top first or he'll kick down the shield!
Beast riders don't knock down the boomshield.
sXe

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 22:47 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577900
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
actually if u kill the beast first the rider will come down and well kick down the shield

nicko 9000 Posted at: 10:58 Mar22 2009 Post ID: 2579007
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
+
That's if you let them get close to ya.
In which case you deserve to have it kicked down Evil
sXe

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 00:26 Mar24 2009 Post ID: 2580370
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
yea but if u are smart u only set up one shield in a doorway so big guys cant get through and small guys are stuck behind him. Make sure there is also room so u dont get inked fragged or have the shield down

also heres a joke

its horde and what do you call a group of friends so close together against a boomer?

Dead

nicko 9000 Posted at: 17:36 Mar28 2009 Post ID: 2584291
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
+
Setting up more than 1 shield isn't wise.
Besides, you can only save one for the next round.
sXe

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 00:42 Mar29 2009 Post ID: 2584680
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
i never said set up more then one shield

i just beat it with my friend

sparkygiacchino116 Posted at: 19:12 Mar30 2009 Post ID: 2586176
sparkygiacchino116
+
+
Only one boomshield? You can have as many as you have people if you all pick one up before all the weapons disappear.

Anyway, my friends and I found a decent place to try...Pavillion.
Get to the Shield spawn ASAP and use the two to block the path...have two people on either side of the opening constantly firing. If you're lucky and the bots are stupid/work as programmed, you could probably get on person to hug the back wall too. These 2/3 UNLOAD Hammerburst/Lancer on whatever comes by until there's Grinders and boomers. Grinders, blindfiring from as far away as possible works and Boomers are also hard cause of the damn explosion...otherwise, only cluster effects like Frags and Inks are your problem. you should try it out.
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 00:19 Mar31 2009 Post ID: 2586294
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
yes but if there is more more chance of one getting kicked down and you have a massive hole to deal with.

with one boomshield and a narrow passageway you block it off with one a mauler will block it off from the little guys who kick it down so u can kill the mauler with a pistol then kill the little guys before they kick it down plus if u have say 3 and 2 get kicked down u have a massive gap and no way to put them back.I can almost guarantee that blood will be there and u cantplace a boomshield in blood. With one shield down u cna have one person hold back enemies and one set is up.if there is blood then they can move forward or back a little because the other guy will hold them of.

Jam Jar Posted at: 04:44 Apr02 2009 Post ID: 2587933
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
+
me and 4 other guys have actually got to wave 50 but we cant quite do it, we usually end up with 2 guys left but 20 locust. Our taktic was to go on blood drive but dont camp in the spawn, have 3 guys in a fireing line at the top of the stairs, one guy in the window at the spawn and another guy to get people up every now and then. Stick to the standard weapons as your ammo is automatically refilled at the end of each wave.
nicko 9000 Posted at: 17:44 Apr03 2009 Post ID: 2588902
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
+
On 30-Mar-2009 sparkygiacchino116 said:Only one boomshield? You can have as many as you have people if you all pick one up before all the weapons disappear.

Anyway, my friends and I found a decent place to try...Pavillion.
Get to the Shield spawn ASAP and use the two to block the path...have two people on either side of the opening constantly firing. If you're lucky and the bots are stupid/work as programmed, you could probably get on person to hug the back wall too. These 2/3 UNLOAD Hammerburst/Lancer on whatever comes by until there's Grinders and boomers. Grinders, blindfiring from as far away as possible works and Boomers are also hard cause of the damn explosion...otherwise, only cluster effects like Frags and Inks are your problem. you should try it out.
Yeah. I can only play horde by myself, so I keep thinking of 1 player >.<

Anyway, I wouldn't go there.
Not close enough to an ammo spawn, plus the shields block a good portion of an already small area to fire through.
sXe

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 17:49 Apr03 2009 Post ID: 2588911
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
Well most enemies besides tickers which arent a problem are taller then the shield so u can just shoot them

nicko 9000 Posted at: 18:51 Apr13 2009 Post ID: 2598223
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
+
No, my point was if you are not directly behind the shield, your blind fire will hit the shield/player behind the shield. too often, thus wasting ammo and taking longer to kill the locust.
sXe

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close