Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fallout 3

The Pitt

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

imaloony8.0 Posted at: 11:54 Mar09 2009 Post ID: 2568076
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Fallout 3's latest DLC is set to be released this month. No exact date has been announced, but it's supposed to be very soon.

Story Ripped from The Vault:
When The Pitt first loads, the player will be informed of a new radio distress signal from a runaway slave called Werhner, who informs the Lone Wanderer that he needs help in retrieving a cure for mutations developed by The Pitt's raider boss, Ashur. In order to successfully reach Ashur however, the PC will have to give up their gear temporarily. The PC will then familiarize themselves with the new weapon, the AutoAxe, and compete in a fighting arena, aptly titled The Pitt. The Pitt will be accessed through an underground railroad, and will be loaded as a separate map from the Capital Wasteland. The town itself consists of a large "dungeon" area, an abandoned steel yard, and a settlement which is divided into two districts: Downtown, inhabited by slaves, and Haven, occupied by their masters. The Pitt will have no vendors, so reasons to come back aren't many, but Bethesda has not officially said whether or not you will actually be able to in the first place.

You'll be given new weapons, armor, perks, missions, and this whole new area. So grab your Auto-Axe, and get ready to fight!

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Mar 10th 2009 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
StarDust bro Posted at: 12:01 Mar09 2009 Post ID: 2568080
StarDust bro
Post Likes: 0
+
+
wow this will be cool. i can't wait to download it
Msn is Anyone requesting a sig or avatar from my shop add [email protected] to your instant messenger so i may discuss your request. Star's sig shop
Platinum Fc: 3609 7695 0986
name: Lucas

Sir Knight Posted at: 15:12 Mar09 2009 Post ID: 2568219
Sir Knight
+
+
I thought The Pitt was going to involve Raiders....... It still looks cool. Too bad I don't have Xbox LIVE.
BrotherOfSteel44 Posted at: 18:56 Mar09 2009 Post ID: 2568436
BrotherOfSteel44
+
+
I would want to download this... if I had the points. And I would rather wait for Broken Steel to come out (next month I think).

"Humankind never forgives true greatness."
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 12:24 Mar10 2009 Post ID: 2568836
CyberneticMooninite
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I read that The Pitt was about getting some mutation serum that the Raiders were making. There are new screen shots on the Fallout website that look amazing.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 15:17 Mar10 2009 Post ID: 2568967
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
You're right, I messed up the plot. It's updated now.

qwertyuio Posted at: 23:23 Mar17 2009 Post ID: 2575331
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
Looking forward to it for sure. Smile
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
JBraz3 Posted at: 22:50 Mar26 2009 Post ID: 2582947
JBraz3
+
+
It's a nice DLC. Still a little glitchy because it just came out but still fun. They say it is supposed to be 6 hours of game play but I finished the quests in 2 hours. Unless you collect all 100 steel inguts for the achievement... I suggest you do not though considering it took me about an hour to just find the 10 for the quest. The Gladiator arena is called The Hole and can be viewed from above in The Mill. The "serum" is a baby born with the immunity to all diseases and radiations. You can either help the Pitt Raiders and leave the baby alone and kill the slaves and Wehner(I suggest this just because it's easy unless you don't have level 20 then go ahead it's free XP but for maxed players you are just wasting ammo and time)or you can abduct the baby and give him to Wehner which causes many slaves to attack you. The main reward for the quest is the perks but you also get access to a Press Machine which allows you to insert ammo and scrap metal and then change it into other ammo (ex: change 600 .5mm bullets for 200 .44 magnum rounds.) This is located right near the overlook cage over the Hole in the Mill and can be used after finishing the quest. The Trogsare kind of scary looking... they look like skinned people they are really fast they can jump down several levels without being hurt (they are in the Steelyard and the Steelyard consists of multiple levels in an open area) there are several different forms of the Trogs. The weakest are the Trog Fledglings, then the normal Trog, then Trog Brute, and finally the Deathclaw fast and pretty strong Trog Savages.

New Weapons:
Auto Axe - Melee weapon. Very strong, much better than the Ripper, VATS on Auto Axe has a hgih critical hit ratio.
Infiltrator - A silenced scoped assult rifle. Decent strength and rate of fire, works like the Silenced 10mm pistol which lets you stay undetected when firing. Works well with Chinese Stealth Armor.

People to look out for:
0-Dog - as in Zero Dog no clue what his relation is to 3-Dog but just an interesting connection. He has a white mohawk and looks nothing like 3-dog.

Warnings:
The Pitt Bridge - DON'T just cross the bridge it is suggested that you have the light foot perk. The bridge is basically one big landmine. There are frag mines in all the gaps and the cars are explosive. Half Way across there is a raider who shoots at you with a sniper sitting on scaffolding between two of the bridge towers. Take him out quick as he can set off a chain reaction if he hits a car too many times or a mine.

The Hole - High Rad levels and you cannot access your inventory so prep before entering. Put on your best gear and weapon. No melee for second round, one guy has a Flamer. For the third guy if you move fast you can kill him before the announcements end and he may not attack you.

The Steelyard - Progs can swarm you and kill you fast. High drops from heights can kill. There are a few groups of armed Wildmen which are Regulator strength. Very dark all day long, easy to get lost in.

Well, that is about all the info I can supply right now.

« Last edited by JBraz3 on Apr 27th 2009 »
Swampert_King456 Posted at: 00:04 Mar28 2009 Post ID: 2583719
Swampert_King456
+
+
I find your views of the Pitt somewhat...different.

The plot leaves more to be understood unfortunately. It had a horrible ending.

Trogs are easily picked off with...any weapon. Even Wild Bill's Sidearm(The .32 Pistol if you didn't take the one from Wherner.).

I took the evil path and assisted Ashur in saving the Slavers and Raiders from Wherner. I then blew Ashur's head off with three shots from my Gauss rifle and took his armor. I then took my auto-axe and destroyed Sandra to the point of being unrecognizable.
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 01:16 Mar28 2009 Post ID: 2583751
Black Mamba 19
+
+
I'm downloading this DLC already, but I have to start another new game. My brother deleted it for the second time.

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

Saint Jimmy Posted at: 05:23 Apr05 2009 Post ID: 2590234
Saint Jimmy
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Gah, I bloody HATE having a PS3, WHY does all the good stuff have to ALWAYS be on the Bloody Xbox??? This is Bull, all game programers are LAME!!!

But, anyways, sounds like a bloody well great download, I wish that I could be able to play it.

« Last edited by Saint Jimmy on Apr 5th 2009 »
What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you're at a loss for words?-Midna, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 07:40 Apr05 2009 Post ID: 2590354
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Careful with that language, this is a family site after all...

I think the reason that the expansions are only coming out for the PC and 360 is because Microsoft made a deal with Bethesda and bought the rights to all their DLC, and Sony didn't. It's the same reason that Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and The Damned didn't come out for the PS3.

Saint Jimmy Posted at: 15:06 Apr05 2009 Post ID: 2590932
Saint Jimmy
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Oi vey, sorry mate, I forgot that this website doesn't censor stuff; I'll fix that now; sorry again.
What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you're at a loss for words?-Midna, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 15:11 Apr05 2009 Post ID: 2590953
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Actually, it does censor stuff, it just doesn't get ever single swear out there, thanks for editing tho.

Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 21:08 Apr07 2009 Post ID: 2592967
Black Mamba 19
+
+
I would say you should get all 100 ingots. You unlock an achievement and you get some good stuff. If you get 90 you get the Perforator, a better version of the Infiltrator, and if you get 100 you get Tribal Power Armor, the same as Ashur's armor, but maybe some different perks.

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 11:02 Apr19 2009 Post ID: 2603112
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
has it been re-released yet?
Meh.
JBraz3 Posted at: 18:35 Apr27 2009 Post ID: 2608413
JBraz3
+
+
Yea I have been working gathering the ingots... I have 94... I can't seem to locate the last few, though. And Swamp I am different, lol. The warning for the trogs was for lower levels. And OMG I messed up spelling trog throughout that... going to edit it. Also, I love the ammo converter, great way to make .44 magnum rounds for the Lincoln's Repeater.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:43 Apr27 2009 Post ID: 2608557
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
If you want to cheat, none of us would make fun of you if you used a strategy guide for the last 6 :P.

I wish I had live, the Pitt and Anchorage look cool, but I'm REALLY looking forward to Broken Steel.

Lol, I just looked up a perk on The Vault called "Puppies!". With this perk, every time Dogmeat dies (Which is a lot), he'll be revived in some other location (Most likely outside of Vault 101) as a puppy. Sounds cool, except that I've vowed to never use dogmeat again XD.

Also, there will aparently be new enemies, such as the Super Mutant Overlord (Carrying Gatling Lasers, Tri-Beam Laser rifles, and Violators. The ladder two of the three are new weapons.) and the Feral Ghoul Reaver, who has much better armor and HP, as well as the ability to use Grenades.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 16:54 Apr28 2009 Post ID: 2609063
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
Well I did find out that I can just buy a card for MS points and then go to my friend's house and buy stuff. I was going to buy Anchorage but then I played it at his house and, frankly, I found it to be boring, much like the main game has become for me. I'll probably end up buying The Pitt and Broken Steel since they seem to be better and are the 2nd and 3rd so the few kinks that the 1st go around would have.
Meh.
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 22:38 Apr28 2009 Post ID: 2609407
Black Mamba 19
+
+
In the very far left corner there is a fenced off area with a walking platform above it. There should be stairs nearby, so go up them and carefully jump into the area. You should find like 4 or 6 ingots. I also found some by a pile of tires. Those are the hardest to find.

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close