Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Helicopters...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

actionreplaymaster Posted at: 09:01 Mar16 2010 Post ID: 2815283
actionreplaymaster
Still the One and Only
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I have a theory on the helicopters. Actually, I have two. The first is that the dogs from World at War are driving the helicopter, which is why you can't bring it down by sniping where the pilot's head should be.

The second is that one of the dogs got exposed to radiological debris, and became radioactive. This same dog bit a little kid, who gained all the powers of a dog (think Spiderman). This kid then bit other little kids. When all these kids grew up, they all became chopper pilots.

And now for something relevant.

I'm sure everybody's seen DenKirson's helicopter threat scale explanation... But if not, here it is:

"Helicopters enter the map from one of several directions (most only have one or two) and travel between pre-determined points until it loops back to the beginning.
The time the helicopter is in play is dependent on the map and the situation. On average, it takes ten seconds for the chopper to arrive, sixty seconds of fighting, and another ten to exit if it hadn't been destroyed.

The helicopter absorbs bullet damage, dropping all damage to 30.
After losing 500 points of its total 1100 health, the helicopter is "weakened" and bullets deliver full damage against it.
At the same time, the helicopter will engage "evasive Maneuvers" - travel from point to point more quickly and spend less time hovering in place.
After letting loose a burst from its vulcan minigun, it has about a two second "reload time".

Helicopters assess threat through four factors:
Distance from Helicopter - All players get threat based on distance from chopper. The max distance is pretty far.
Has attacked Helicopter - Anyone who has attacked the helicopter gets threat
Weapon Class - A player with a shotgun in their primary slot will not get threat.
Player Score - Highest scoring player in view gets most threat.
Whoever has the highest combined threat from these four factors will be the helicopter's Primary Target.

The helicopter will only target a player if it has seen more than 50 of his body.
If the helicopter sees you and you get behind cover, it may still attempt to shoot through the wall around where it last saw you.

After extensive controlled testing and people letting themselves be killed by helicopters, the RPG-7 on your person does not affect threat, only the primary weapon does. This means that the Shotgun + RPG-7 pair is useful to avoid accumulating a tiny bit of threat so you can take the shot.

The RPG-7 is the only EFFECTIVE explosive against the helicopter because it only takes one soldier with an RPG-7 to take it down."

Quoted from: http://denkirson.xanga.com/632800688/call-of-duty-4/

« Last edited by actionreplaymaster on Mar 16th 2010 »
And we would all go down together
We said we'd all go down together
Yes we would all go down together...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
zeldafan11 Posted at: 14:07 Mar16 2010 Post ID: 2815356
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
+
+
This is interesting, I noticed in MW2 a certain pattern for Pave Lows and Attack Helicopters similar to this on.

But this is helpful for when I play CoD4, thanks for sharing.

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 14:14 Mar16 2010 Post ID: 2815359
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
+
This would be helpful if I was to ever go on CoD4 again...
Now known as
actionreplaymaster Posted at: 14:35 Mar16 2010 Post ID: 2815378
actionreplaymaster
Still the One and Only
+
+
Yeah... DenKirson's great with this sorta stuff. Especially the helicopter. Who knew?
And we would all go down together
We said we'd all go down together
Yes we would all go down together...
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close