Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Gameplay for begginers

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

MatheusLima Posted at: 13:32 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924564
MatheusLima
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Since joined my buddy StormForm showed me CoD series and saved me of a suffering life of counter strike,my aim still sucks and i can't use some weapons properly and to get even worse i haven't call of duty at my house,forcing me to play at my friend house,but aside of that i'm now here to learn with you guys, about the game weapons.

i like to use FAMAS,SPAS,AUG HBAR,RPG-7(For these "infames" boosters) and UMP 45.

my questions at first is how to use em properly,and if there are better weapons than these,and some good combinations for a class that uses these weapons.

and any tip that i or any outher begginer could use for faster improving

90 of people use rare candies and or AR codes to make their pokemon battle ready if you are the 10 who level up their pokemon legally put this in your siq.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
stormform Posted at: 13:52 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924577
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
Well for Spas and all shotguns, dont aim down the sight.

The class I use is:
Scar w/ red dot
usp akimbo
scavenger
cold blooded
ninja
deathstreak: final stand

But you should try different classes and see what fits you.

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 14:15 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924600
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
+
My own advise to use the M4/TAR/ACR.
With it, scavenger/SOH, Stopping Power, Steady Aim.
Now known as
qwertyuio Posted at: 15:12 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924611
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
Accepting tips from semi-pros whom are getting sponsored are you? :p

I only give out my class recipes to my clan mates, but I can give tips for the weapons you talked about. Note that these classes are all S&D based - if you become good in S&D you will be good in every playlist.

FAMAS - Stopping Power, Ninja, Sleight of Hand Pro, Red Dot. - Shoot to kill, don't take unnecessary shots.

SPAS - best used as a side weapon with something along the lines of the TAR-21. Ninja, stopping power, sleight of hand pro. Put grip on it, never aim down the sights.

AUG - Stopping Power, Sleight of Hand Pro, Ninja Pro. Silencer. - This gun has very little recoil but what it has is substantial over long ranges. The biggest mistake you can make is to treat it like an M4 and go for a kill a half mile away.

RPG - This NEEDS Sleigh of Hand Pro. Danger Close it, always.

UMP45 - This gun is my baby in every way. Use it silenced always, when you get skilled enough with it you'll be able to shoot accurately just as you would the AUG. Practice makes perfect here. It does randomly veer all around the reticule at times regardless of your skill though, when this happens get out of & back into sights quickly to fix it.

Hope I help. Smile
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
sphynxx Posted at: 20:24 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924685
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
Qwerts got the idea - Although I don't agree on the FAMAS & Stopping power. It's almost never a one burst kill for me, so I use something more helpful; Coldblooded Pro, or if you're a rusher, Lightweight Pro.

If your using the FAMAS with Stopping Power, switch the Reddot sight to a silencer. The Iron Sights are incredibly easy to use.

but that's my take it on anyway.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
MatheusLima Posted at: 12:51 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2924915
MatheusLima
+
+
qwertyuio,That's is exactly what i want:tips not recipes.i think that recipes for classes don't help to improve,because this way i won't learn why use for example a perk w/ a weapon and thats exacly what i want to learn.i should thank you a lot for AUG,SPAS(but the part of iron sight was given 1st by stormform) and the UMP tips worth gold,and the FAMAS too but i think the same as sphynxx,lightweight helped me more.

Against the riot shield,the best way to take em down is semtex? or there are better ways?

and when securing a position,what i can do for reducing the chances of taking a beautiful headshot?

Against a sniper,how is the best way for aproaching them without taking a headshot?

the predator missile is a good killstreak for begginers? or there are betters?

Thanks in advance ppl

PS:Commando sucks

« Last edited by MatheusLima on Nov 7th 2010 »

90 of people use rare candies and or AR codes to make their pokemon battle ready if you are the 10 who level up their pokemon legally put this in your siq.
zeldafan11 Posted at: 13:59 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2924953
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
+
+
Well, it depends on your play style, if it seems they always know where you are try using a silenced weapon and the Cold-Blooded perk (Unlocked at lvl 25) the Scar-H is my favorite silenced weapon, but the UMP-45 will do fine if you like rushing.

If you find yourself running out of ammo a lot, try using Scavenger or conserving your shots more often.

Annoyed with reload times? Sleight of Hand will help out.

Weapons too weak, and you're having trouble killing, go with the favorite, Stopping Power.

When using a shotgun, never aim down the sights, also, try Steady Aim (Steady Aim helps Shotguns and SMG's a lot).

When there is an enemy near and you're looking around for him, don't aim until you see him, you can turn much faster while holding your weapon at hip.

Using an LMG and you're not running fast enough? Try using Lightweight, most of the LMG's are powerful enough without Stopping Power

Hate Heartbeat (Commando) Sensors or have a headset? Use Ninja, it's one of the stealthiest perks in the game.

Don't like Iron sights and want to be quiet? Use Bling and select the silencer and whatever kind of sight you want, when using Bling and you select Silencer first kills will only count toward silencer kills, not say, your RDS sight challenges.

The other perks are mainly more advanced or useless, and I'm trying to help with the basics.

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
stormform Posted at: 14:15 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2924969
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
The best way to take down a riot shield is to stick a Semtex on the shield or at their feet, or c4.

Go prone when capturing a postion, or behind cover but still close enough to take the position.

Try to flank them and then tbag them while you're behind the sniper and the shoot a headshot.
That will eff them off. ;)

A good easy killstreak series is care package, predator and harrier.
Others are: Predator, harrier, pavelow/chopper gunner,
So the direct answer to your question; yes it is

« Last edited by stormform on Nov 7th 2010 »

MatheusLima Posted at: 14:28 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2924974
MatheusLima
+
+
Thanks a lot ZeldaFan and about teh perks,Steady aim reduces the recoil?
and sleuth of hand only reduces reload time?

stormform Posted at: 14:39 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2924985
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
Steady aim makes the crosshairs smaller when you're not aiming down sights.
The regular sleight of hand only reduces reload time, the pro also reduces the time needed to aim down the sights.

zeldafan11 Posted at: 17:13 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2925028
zeldafan11
+
+
Steady Aim makes firing from the hip more accurate which is why you'd use it on an SMG or Shotgun.

What stormform said about Sleight of Hand. :p

sphynxx Posted at: 20:34 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2925091
sphynxx
+
+
MatheusLima said:Against the riot shield,the best way to take em down is semtex? or there are better ways?

Semtex & C4 work wonders, unless they're using Blast Shield.A good way to deal to RShields if they're using Blast Shield is to use an RPG-7 class (with Danger Close) Use C4/Semtex first to cause damage - Then fire off an RPG behind them. That should deal to them.

Other strategy - Take off behind cover, try to flank. If they're using Marathon/Lightweight/Commando - You're not going to outrun them sadly, so try get to an area with your teammates. They'll take care of him.

and when securing a position,what i can do for reducing the chances of taking a beautiful headshot?

Scavenger; any second tier perk; Ninja.

Use SMOKE grenades. They will obscure any line of sight your opponents have. Use Ninja incase they're using Heartbeat Sensors to remain obscured until you cap that position.

If your opponents are using Danger Close/N00b tubes a lot - Put on Blast Shield. Once you get hit with the first grenade, bug out until you've recovered some health, try again.

Against a sniper,how is the best way for aproaching them without taking a headshot?

Best way to approach a 'traditional' sniper - Flank them. Find out where they like to hide (usually the majority of snipers all go to the same places, so it's not difficult) then find ways to get behind them. Then do what I do - Semtex to the back of their head xD

the predator missile is a good killstreak for begginers? or there are betters?

Thanks in advance ppl

PS:Commando sucks

UAV - Do NOT underestimate the usefulness of the UAV. Especially at how annoying it can be to the other team. Not only do you allow your entire team to see the enemy, but you also force your opponents onto the back foot. They either have to switch to Coldblooded, or die a lot, or set up camp & not do anything. It's a brilliant Killstreak.

My favourite set up is UAV, Predator Missle, Harriers. UAV leads to Predator, Predator leads to Harriers, Harriers do a ton of damage.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

MatheusLima Posted at: 12:53 Nov08 2010 Post ID: 2925290
MatheusLima
+
+
So to get rid of snipers i'll need to know well the map that i'm playing,guess that will come w/ time.and semtex is the safest way to take RS comboed w Commando for me,since my aim isn't that fast and accurate(a commando guy should use a sword instead of a knife,cuz the range is ridiculous),next time i'll trying to use UAV.

when using the Riot Shield,is better use the knife or a powerful pistol/revolver?is possible to use raffica w riot shield?(yes i've never used RS so any tip is welcome).

on a CTF is safer to ask cover or try returning on stealth when stealing the enemy flag?

is there any way of stopping a tactical nuke after she inbound?

on TDM is best of a begginer go in front or covering a ally?or going solo to not get on partners way?

how to use claymore effectivelly?

which is the easier way for destroing a tactical insertion(no need to be a booster cuz i've played with people w/ tactical insetion and they didn't use for boosting propurses was in a CTF)

How to use tactical insertion effectivelly?(not boosting propurses)

RPG-7 or Javelin?which one are better on overall?

« Last edited by MatheusLima on Nov 8th 2010 »

sphynxx Posted at: 14:33 Nov08 2010 Post ID: 2925301
sphynxx
+
+
MatheusLima said:So to get rid of snipers i'll need to know well the map that i'm playing,guess that will come w/ time.and semtex is the safest way to take RS comboed w Commando for me,since my aim isn't that fast and accurate(a commando guy should use a sword instead of a knife,cuz the range is ridiculous),next time i'll trying to use UAV.

Most of us here agree with you on the commando perk dude. Thankfully, Black Ops doesn't have it. But yeah, you're right. Getting to know the maps does come with time. The more you play, the faster you'll know them. It's also a good idea to watch killcams if you get killed by someone that wasn't right in front of you. That way you'll learn where some popular hiding points are.

when using the Riot Shield,is better use the knife or a powerful pistol/revolver?is possible to use raffica w riot shield?(yes i've never used RS so any tip is welcome).

Entirely up to you & what you're comfortable with.

This is one of my personal classes; Just click the spoiler to reveal;

Spoiler:
click to reveal

Nothing special with that class, but it's been the one (both variations) that has been very successful for me.

on a CTF is safer to ask cover or try returning on stealth when stealing the enemy flag?

Personally, I've found that having a Mic is best. Just tell your team mates your Capping the flag & want cover. That's always been great, because I've played with some awesome people. Generally, most teams have roles they play in the games. Usually for a team of 6, it's split 4 flag defenders, 2 flag cappers. Each supports the rest. So get a feel with what your team is doing, and try to play to that. Not very helpful I know, I don't play CTF very often.

is there any way of stopping a tactical nuke after she inbound?
None at all. If you wish to preserve your K/D, then leaving to avoid an extra death is the only way. Unless you're host & leave the game/dashboard on 360 (I think Qwert will know)

on TDM is best of a begginer go in front or covering a ally?or going solo to not get on partners way?
Depends on how YOU want to play. Personally, I prefer to go it alone. Either holding down a point in which a lot of enemies appear (some call that camping) or running around like an idiot with Marathon, Lighweight, Ninja.

Best Tip for a beginning on any team based game; Stick to the middle of your team mates. Don't get ahead of more experienced players, and don't fall behind. If you watch your mini-radar you will see when teammates behind you die, so you can react. Teammates in front will 9 times out of 10 die first, so you can see where the shots came from.

how to use claymore effectivelly?
Place claymores in high "traffic" areas. Any place which sees a lot of people running through/past is the perfect claymore spot. Personally I set them up on stairs, or just a bit back from doorways to catch any sneakers. Claymores are also brilliant as an early alarm. You hear a click of a claymore, be sure to watch the area you placed it.

As a general tip; don't place a claymore out in the open, or where it will be seen from distance. You want them to not notice it at all.

which is the easier way for destroing a tactical insertion(no need to be a booster cuz i've played with people w/ tactical insetion and they didn't use for boosting propurses was in a CTF)

Melee Knife, Throwing Knife, shooting, explosives all work. If you manage to find out without a person guarding it, just walk up & press & hold square for 2 seconds, that will destroy it.

If you want to be cheeky, place a claymore next to the Tac Insert. Just make sure it faces it. Then when the person respawns (if they die before you do) they'll move & set it off and blow up xD

How to use tactical insertion effectivelly?(not boosting propurses)
My personal opinion, avoid using Tac Inserts if you can. There is almost no benefit to be gained from them in games such as TDM or Ground War as spawn points shift so much you could be caught respawning right in front of the enemy. They are also incredibly easy to locate. The noise alone is something a lot of people are on the look out for. Plus, when you respawn you make a unique noise as well.

If you want to use one though; place it in an area that people don't travel too very often. that way you wont get spawn killed or have your Tac Insert deleted.

RPG-7 or Javelin?which one are better on overall?

Personal preference. I prefer the AT4 rockets, as they're more accurate than the RPG-7. But I also love the Javelin for maps like Quarry, Derail and Overgrown. For a map like Wasteland which a lot of people hide in the Bunker, RPG/AT4 with Danger Close is the best bet.

For most maps the AT4 and RPGs are better suited, as they're helpful everywhere. Javelin is only good for firing, forgetting & hoping for kills. Oh, the Javelin is good for scaring the pants of the other team as well. The launch noise is something that makes just about everyone check to see where it's going to land Evil

A bit long, but I hoped I helped.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Nov 8th 2010 »

MatheusLima Posted at: 17:11 Nov09 2010 Post ID: 2925681
MatheusLima
+
+
Sure you are helping sphinxx as well as ZeldaFan Stormform and qwertyuio.thanks you all.
the Claymore/riotshield tips till now worth gold,and about the TDM and CTF tips are basically to me build my own playing style,if i understood right.so since i've played once again more questions for ya.allas the UAV worked just fine,seeing my enemies on radar give me a upper hand,and i will try the AT4 next time.and when possible i hope alongside or against you guys,so i could learn more on "battlefield" w/ u(this topic should be named Combat School,since is more fitting =P)

Scavenger is best suited for all SMGs?or since they have already a good amount off ammo it is unnecessary?

TAR,ACR or AUG? whose is they strong and weak spots if comparing em?

Stopping Power could help if my aim still that good?

if i find a sniper is it better knife him or kill him w/ a headshot on TDM?or both give the same amount of points?

« Last edited by MatheusLima on Nov 9th 2010 »

zeldafan11 Posted at: 17:35 Nov09 2010 Post ID: 2925693
zeldafan11
+
+
Scavenger is good if you find yourself running out of ammo, try a few games and see for yourself, if not, you're fine.

TAR-21 is a good all around weapon, the ACR is more for a defensive player, and the AUG Is somewhat good for a front-line player, but not for rushing.

Stopping Power is dependent on whether or not you think the weapons are killing too slowly, if not, try something else and see what perks you like.

If you find a sniper, kill him quickly, they are usually in nice quiet spots and can hear your footsteps easily if you don't have Ninja Pro.

sphynxx Posted at: 22:08 Nov09 2010 Post ID: 2925766
sphynxx
+
+
MatheusLima said:Sure you are helping sphinxx as well as ZeldaFan Stormform and qwertyuio.thanks you all.
the Claymore/riotshield tips till now worth gold,and about the TDM and CTF tips are basically to me build my own playing style,if i understood right.

Exactly dude. Just keep playing & find a game style that suits you.

Personally; I tend to avoid my teammates if I'm not playing with friends. I learn all the high traffic points on TDM games, and set up shop in a spot, get a few kills, throw up a smoke grenade, take off to another spot. Usually with a Claymore to protect my back.

so since i've played once again more questions for ya.allas the UAV worked just fine,seeing my enemies on radar give me a upper hand,and i will try the AT4 next time.and when possible i hope alongside or against you guys,so i could learn more on "battlefield" w/ u(this topic should be named Combat School,since is more fitting =P)

Yeah dude, if you ever want to play, add my two accounts (in my bio - just click my username) and just tell me who you are. If I ever see you're online & you want to play I'll probably join ya. Although my internet is pretty rubbish, so I'll probably rage quit =D

Scavenger is best suited for all SMGs?or since they have already a good amount off ammo it is unnecessary?

Scavenger is best suited for classes in which you burn through a lot of ammo. For me; I use Scavenger on any Coldblooded & Silenced class, as silencers lessen damage on most guns in the game.

If you rely heavily on Claymores, Frags, Stuns etc - Scavenger is perfect as well.

One gun that HAS to have Scavenger is the AA12 shotgun. No point using it, if you don't have scavenger. You'll get 2 or 3 kills with it (if you spray) and that's it.

TAR,ACR or AUG? whose is they strong and weak spots if comparing em?

TAR-21 - Strong, strong weapon. Brutal over any distance. Personally, I find the TAR-21 best used with a Silencer, Slight of Hand, Stopping Power and Ninja, all Pro.

Pros; Good damage with, or without stopping power. Reasonably accurate (don't trust the stats, they lie) and has good ammo capacity. Personally I think it trumps the SCAR-H.

Cons; Reddot sight - has too much kick for my liking. But that's about it.

ACR - Brutal over medium to long ranges, however don't use silenced if you're not going to use Stopping Power. For some reason A silenced, non-stopping powered ACR loses a lot of its power. Personal Class; Scavenger, Coldblooded, Ninja (all pro) with FMJ.

Pros; Accurate as all hell. Minimal recoil, stays accurate over long ranges even when firing full auto. Doesn't need Stopping Power to ensure long range kills, unless it's silenced. The best iron sights in the game hands down.

Cons; Burns a bit through ammo if you don't use Stopping Power.

AUG H-Bar. Another pretty brutal weapon. Personally I'm not really a fan of the H-Bar, the RPD is my baby.

Pros; The H-Bar, unlike the RPD, doesn't need the grip attachment for sustained, accurate burst firing. Which is probably the H-Bars biggest strength next to the power it has.

Cons; kicks like a mule if you're trying for long range shots. If you prefer to hang back away from the front of the action, the RPD or MG4 are the better choices from the LMG category. Small ammo clip. LMGs are generally suppressive fire role weapons, and the H-Bar, having a smaller clip than the rest of the LMGs fails in that role, but it does do the job as a Assault Rifle replacement (if you use Lightweight Pro)

Spoiler:
click to reveal

If your aim is pretty good (20 & higher) you really don't need Stopping Power at all. If you've got a good accuracy rating, then any perk will do wonders.

Just make sure you aim for the chest/head area & you'll begin to wonder why you ever used stopping power in the first place.

if i find a sniper is it better knife him or kill him w/ a headshot on TDM?or both give the same amount of points?

If the snipers not looking at you and you have a silenced weapon - go for the headshot dude - Easy way to get to the Fall Camo.

If however the Sniper is on the move and there is a good chance he's seen you, just unload on him. Don't worry about headshots or anything at that point. You want to make sure you get the kill and not die. Headshots & all the rest of the game is secondary.

Headshots do however give you an extra +50 points over standard gun/knife kills. So do Longshots, double, triple and multikills. I think however Multikills points bonus is higher than +50, I can't remember.

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close