Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Crash Team Racing

Nitros Oxide mystery discussion thread; FAQ and general assistance included

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 24
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 22 | 23 | Last     Previous | Next
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 16:59 Sep22 2005 Post ID: 428150
Cipher_Wizard
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Thanks a bunch. I gotta go eat supper, so I'll be right back in about ten mins.
If you see me posting, it's because I've been asked to. Which I guess would mean I'm taking requests.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
DigDug Dude Posted at: 17:07 Sep22 2005 Post ID: 428162
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Gotcha. That gives me time to get my homework done.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 18:04 Sep22 2005 Post ID: 428247
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Nitros Oxide

Dear reader or readers,

This report is something that I have been working on for about a week and I have discovered a great many facts from it. It has been derived from bits and pieces of information that I recieved from cheat and code books, asking around, and other websites. If you are a player or at least somebody who knows about Crash Team Racing(referred to here as CTR), then I hope that you enjoy it and maybe even learn a fact or two. If you are not a player, you may find difficulty understanding some of the terms used here, and so will be wasting your time by confusingly gazing at your computer screen, like you are now, and then probably take out a dictionary to look up the word "Aku Aku". This is just a warning- ignore it if you wish.
Well, without further ado, I will begin my report with the use of one simple word: Enjoy!

My report begins with the infamous question asked or at least pondered by every experienced CTR player alike: "How do you get N.Oxide in your character menu?" Well, the current answer is "You can't", and I'll explain why later on. Now, Nitros Oxide is a very fast racer. This is proven by his ghost records and the battle in Oxide Station. Most CTR experts believe that Oxide is an easy pushover, whom you could drive circles around. Well, I'm sorry to say that you're actually wrong. Think of it this way: Can you recall how many Tracking Missiles, Warp Orbs, Masks, Turbo pads, and N.Tropy time clocks you had to use to beat him? Quite a bit, isn't it? I thought so. If Oxide and you were racing in Oxide Station with no turbo pads, weapons, or cheat codes, who do you suppose would win?

Rumors have been and are still, to this day, around, and they are fooling several people by saying that you can obtain this unbelieveably fast martian in your character menu by doing this and that. Well, let me clear some of these up for you:
1. Beat all N.Oxide ghosts in Time Trial mode.
A: Not true. You are solely rewarded with a scrapbook for doing this.
2.Get all N.Oxide Platinum time relics and beat him again.
A: NO, not true either. Platinum relics have no effect on what you get with N.Oxide.
These are just two examples of crazy questions I've heard, and some are extremely stupid. Take this one for example:
To get Oxide you have to beat Roo's Tubes in adventure mode with Ripper Roo in under one minute. You also have to make sure that he does not laugh once throughout the entire race. If you do this correctly, you will be Sane Roo when you return to Roo's Tubes. When you race there again, you have to pause for ten minutes after each lap so that he can have his tea and crumpet break. If you don't, he'll cry, and you'll have to do it all over again. If you succeed, when you return back to your world map, you'll be Oxide in Planet Gasmoxia. There you race two over-rated pop stars, the four Teletubbies, and some other two I forgot. So, how stupid is THAT?

I have managed to enlist five valid facts describing why N.Oxide would be too lethal to be playable.

1. His vehicle is very fast. Example: the SIX exhaust pipes at the rear of it.
2. His vehicle is the largest one in the game. This gives him the power to cut off other racers in cramped straightaways or push them into walls or obstacles.
3. Oxide has a hover car, so it is slightly positioned above the ground. This gives it a distinct advantage in jumping shortcuts such as those in Sewer Speedway, Polar Pass, Papu Pyramid, Hot Air Skyway, and many others.
4. Oxide's stats are balanced in position at five. Way too unfair.
5. Oxide's kart is more resistant to damage than others. This is why he still moves when getting hit by a Tracking Missile. Example: He and Crash both get hit by Tracking Missiles. Crash bounces on the ground. Oxide spins ahead and wins the race.
How d'ya like them apples?

The actual truth is unapparent yet. It may be possible to use him in this game, via a title menu code or a Gameshark code. But, nobody has came out and posted a valid code, so the ultimate truth is still fuzzy. If somebody finds a valid title menu or Gameshark code, please tell us. It would be appreciated. If somebody has N.Oxide, and/or they disagree with this report, then post how you got it and then people will believe you if it's true. Please don't be unreasonable or mean about it. The purpose of this report is to inform players and and ensure that they not be fooled by these hoaxes. But, until further notice, the rumor's FALSE, and that's all I have to say.

SIDE NOTE: There may be an upcoming re-make of Crash Team Racing for the Playstation 2, which is supposed to be released on October 17th. Whether or not N.Oxide can be obtained in this game is unapparent yet. Perhaps this is the reason they made a re-make. Just a speculation, don't get your hopes too high. Thanks for reading.

Written by Cipher_Wizard
If you see me posting, it's because I've been asked to. Which I guess would mean I'm taking requests.
DigDug Dude Posted at: 18:20 Sep22 2005 Post ID: 428269
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Dang! Are your hands tired yet? That's really good, I must admit.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 14:49 Sep23 2005 Post ID: 429293
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Thanx. Did you like it?
DigDug Dude Posted at: 14:59 Sep23 2005 Post ID: 429314
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, it was really good.

I would have ever know about the funny fake cheat if it wasn't for that, either.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 15:06 Sep23 2005 Post ID: 429341
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Yeah, that's funny and crazy. *snickers* Mr Pop n' Fresh...
DigDug Dude Posted at: 15:09 Sep23 2005 Post ID: 429351
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Where'd you find that anyway?
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 15:11 Sep23 2005 Post ID: 429356
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Some site. I forgot though...
DigDug Dude Posted at: 15:19 Sep23 2005 Post ID: 429374
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Oh well...I was just curious.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 15:37 Sep23 2005 Post ID: 429421
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
I pity the people who read the report and try that cheat at home...
DigDug Dude Posted at: 15:42 Sep23 2005 Post ID: 429432
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It's imposible to not make Ripper Roo laugh. They should've seen him before he races you (the part wherehe says that you're crazy to challenge him). He just goes "WheehahahaWheehahahaWheehahah" and they have the tranlation thing at the bottom of the screen.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 15:44 Sep23 2005 Post ID: 429438
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Yeah. I'm still XDing at Mr Pop n' Fresh...
DigDug Dude Posted at: 15:48 Sep23 2005 Post ID: 429445
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
XDing? What the heck does that mean?

Hang on a second, I'm going to go get my best times so I can put them on here. They'll be edited into my first post (in that thread) along with the person who I got it with. 'Might be a while...
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 18:32 Sep24 2005 Post ID: 432273
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
I gotta go. See you tomorrow, then. Cipher out...
DigDug Dude Posted at: 16:21 Sep25 2005 Post ID: 433733
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Just as I get here! Perfect!

Aprx. 75 to go.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 16:36 Sep25 2005 Post ID: 433762
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
I'm here now. And guess what? Today was the day that I obtained my last Platinum relic!
DigDug Dude Posted at: 16:41 Sep25 2005 Post ID: 433774
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Dang good, Cipher. Now you can say from experience that you can't get N. Oxide that way.

You could post a hint saying that, then I could rate it ten, giving you 10 kudos!

I hit 200 submissions today.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 16:45 Sep25 2005 Post ID: 433786
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Are you serious?! That gives me ten kudos?!
DigDug Dude Posted at: 16:57 Sep25 2005 Post ID: 433813
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I belive it will.

BTW- I asked Kenny 2x4 to come over to our forum here.
Romney '08!
Displaying Page 4 of 24
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 22 | 23 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close