Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Devil May Cry 4

Dante vs Nero vs Virgil.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Pooly Posted at: 14:32 Feb07 2008 Post ID: 2109460
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
Post Likes: 0
+
+
O_o
It's even better than I imagined, it's perfect, it easily beats DMC3, and makes 2 look like it should never have been made.
Nero's arm is awesome, it can block anything, and it even allows you to use enemies as shields.
Only downer: Far to hard in some parts, gets slightly repetitive having to backtrack all the time, and the achievements on the 360 version are either secrets so you don't know how to get them, or are to hard to unlock.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
cheating-is-good Posted at: 15:33 Feb07 2008 Post ID: 2109592
cheating-is-good
+
+
Really, great to hear it, using enemies as a shield is very kool, and a useful feature. Yes I think that is the only bad part of DMC games, all the backtracking it involves. I have to get this game NOW.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
greenshinobe1 Posted at: 23:08 Feb12 2008 Post ID: 2118870
greenshinobe1
+
+
I think Nero may win but Dante has always kinda won in the end but Virgil.. hmm
cheating-is-good Posted at: 12:06 Feb13 2008 Post ID: 2119412
cheating-is-good
+
+
I saw it, nero is like winning, but he says Dante was just playing with him...
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
Gears02 Posted at: 17:00 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498133
Gears02
+
+
Definatly Dante, on account of hes beaten Virgil and when he fights Nero he beat Nero in one boss battle, just to make him cooldown though
Catharsis Posted at: 11:59 Dec12 2008 Post ID: 2499067
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
+
Hmm... it's odd, but Vergil is usually presented as being stronger than Dante in the various in-game cutscenes, and the like (for instance, while Dante could only wound Beowulf with a lucky sword throw after a prolonged boss battle, Vergil decapitated him and cut his head into four in the blink of an eye) even though in the end, Dante triumphed over Vergil (and Nelo Angelo, but I don't think that can really count). So I wouldn't like to arrange the two of them in order of strength, although I would say that they are better fighters than Nero, although I'm not sure how much I'd put that down to raw strength as opposed to the experience they have (before meeting Nero, Dante had already fought and triumphed over various demons of incredible power, as well as Vergil, whereas Nero doesn't seem to have much experience).

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
gamespro Posted at: 12:37 Dec12 2008 Post ID: 2499074
gamespro
+
+
Dante & Vergil are definately more powerful than Nero like you said after all most of Nero's power comes from his Devil Bringer.

sig by Vasco
PSN ID: M-a-s-a-m-u-n-e
Catharsis Posted at: 16:22 Dec12 2008 Post ID: 2499199
Catharsis
+
+
On 12-Dec-2008 gamespro said:Dante & Vergil are definately more powerful than Nero like you said after all most of Nero's power comes from his Devil Bringer.
Yes, the only reason I hesitate to identify them as being more powerful due to raw strength is because the strength of the Devil Bringer as opposed to the raw strength Dante and Vergil possess is not made that clear in the game. It's possible that the Devil Bringer is powerful enough to compensate for Nero's lesser physical strength in the rest of his body - remember, he crushed a giant statue's face using the Devil Bringer, whereas Dante could barely scratch the thing; yet in other cutscenes Dante seems able to match its strength? It's not at all certain, especially as in-game the characters have to be made about the same strength for reasons of balance - if one was made far stronger than the other then modes such as Bloody Palace would either be too easy for one of them or near enough impossible for the other.

However, I would say that Dante's vast amount of experience means that he's "better" than Nero overall (well, according to the story, in-game they have to be about the same, as I said), at least at present. If a future DMC game with Nero in it is released, I can see him possibly surpassing Dante... Difficult to say. I will at least say, though, that the fundamentally different style of play that Nero requires, especially at higher difficulties, certainly brought something new to the DMC franchise.

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
gamespro Posted at: 16:26 Dec12 2008 Post ID: 2499203
gamespro
+
+
I honestly found it much easier to play through bloody palace with Dante instead of Nero. I'm pretty sure Nero won't be in the next DMC going by what we see in the special cutscene at the end.

sig by Vasco
Catharsis Posted at: 17:31 Dec12 2008 Post ID: 2499260
Catharsis
+
+
Mm, but on the other hand there's things like Dante leaving Yamato with Nero, which suggests that he'll be making more appearances.

To be honest though, I hope the series doesn't go on much further. DMC is a great game, but there's only so long a series can go on for before it becomes boring and repetitive, and its reputation as a great game is tarnished. Seriously, a DMC10 or something would be... ugh. I wouldn't buy it, there's no way the games would still be good after so many sequels. I hope it doesn't go past five, six at the absolute max. And I'd be doubtful about getting six.

gamespro Posted at: 17:42 Dec12 2008 Post ID: 2499265
gamespro
+
+
I'm alright with it as long as they don't introduce another main character and stick with Dante. It seems as though you will be able to play as Lady and Trish too. Hopefully they will have more content in the next game too considering that they could have added so much more in DMC4.

« Last edited by gamespro on Dec 12th 2008 »

sig by Vasco
Gears02 Posted at: 20:40 Dec12 2008 Post ID: 2499353
Gears02
+
+
I would like to see Nero in the next game with Dante, and maybe they can have him be more powerful, so he can keep up with Dante and Vergil, but until tyhen Dante and Virgil will be way more powerful than him.
gamespro Posted at: 07:45 Dec13 2008 Post ID: 2499582
gamespro
+
+
They can't really have Nero be more powerful because I don't think fans of the series would like that. After all Dante is the main character a Demon and while Nero does have demonic power he is still a human. I've said this already in my previous post but I hope in the next game they keep the focus on Dante, I mean Nero was a good character but I would have prefered to play as Dante the whole way through DMC4. What I would like to see even though it won't happen because they would have to have a very good way of implementing it is to have Vergil make a return but Dante did give Yamato to Nero.

sig by Vasco
Gears02 Posted at: 18:06 Dec13 2008 Post ID: 2499825
Gears02
+
+
That is true and I don't really think they need to make Dante any stronger, I do think Vergil should have a come back though.
gamespro Posted at: 19:56 Dec13 2008 Post ID: 2499867
gamespro
+
+
Who do you consider to be more powerful...Dante or Vergil?

sig by Vasco
Gears02 Posted at: 13:17 Dec14 2008 Post ID: 2500206
Gears02
+
+
Well that is tough, Vergil is impressive and did beats Dante in their first fight but I still consider Dante to be the toughest. In the next game I'd like to see Virgil come back to have a battle to see who is the strongest, even though the game is about Dante I believe Virgil will come close to winning, he won't.
gamespro Posted at: 14:01 Dec14 2008 Post ID: 2500272
gamespro
+
+
I doubt they're planning to bring him back in the next one since Dante gave Yamato to Nero. I agree Dante is a little stronger than Vergil.

sig by Vasco
Catharsis Posted at: 20:54 Dec14 2008 Post ID: 2500507
Catharsis
+
+
On 13-Dec-2008 gamespro said:Who do you consider to be more powerful...Dante or Vergil?
Well, I know that wasn't directed at me, but I'll answer anyway. I read a theory on a fansite a while ago (not in any way official, so don't take it as fact) that Vergil is, physically, the stronger of the two, but emotionally, Dante is the stronger. Therefore, Dante was able to beat Vergil as Vergil let his emotions get the better of him, which led to him being less effective as a fighter (seriously, even though you might think anger helps in a fight, it pretty much leads to you throwing all the combat training you've ever had out of the window if it gets the better of you).

Now, while it's not an official theory, I quite like it - it makes sense that as twins, Dante and Vergil would be equal in strength, if in different ways. And we do see throughout DMC3 especially that Vergil seems to be physically the stronger of the two, and yet his power complex suggests emotional insecurity, whereas Dante doesn't dispatch demons with the same brutal efficiency Vergil does, but doesn't show any signs of the same insecurity and lust for power that Vergil does. So, the theory makes sense, to me. Whether it's what the creators of DMC intended, I don't know.

gamespro Posted at: 04:42 Dec15 2008 Post ID: 2500589
gamespro
+
+
That's the best theory I've heard so far. This can also apply to Nero as he also lets his emotions get the better of him, then you see Dante and he is always calm and collected. It really shows when Nero attacks Dante in the order of the Sword HQ.

sig by Vasco
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close