Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Devil May Cry 4

Dante or Nero?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
ApexVash Posted at: 02:26 May16 2008 Post ID: 2241414
ApexVash
Post Likes: 0
+
+
they dont use a special introduction mainly because they were trying to keep you sucked into the character of nero and kirie so instead of making more cutscenes then needed for dante they just added what they really needed so an introduction to his DT would have been cool but would've drawn the player to far away from the characters nero and kirie its a way not to drift off from the main story because imagine the people that have never played the game before would be confused if they introduced in a cutscene then they'd be even more confused of how he got a devil trigger which is why they just stated him as being part demon as not raise questions(note: DMC1 and DMC3 have different ways of showing the origin of his DT or true demon being awakened)and id have to say (off topic of either DMC1,3,4)DMC2 was a complete and utter failure it was mainly there to keep fans busy and they noticed that and tried to continue the story by making DMC3 which was a prequel which id say has the greatest gameplay out of all titles in order to understand the gameplay for both you need to take in account the users ability to customize the character with certain limitations as not to mess around to much with the user in DMC3 you only hold 2 devil arms and 2 guns and used one style which had such a great mechanic because they could focus more on just those 4 weapons and 1 style unlike dmc4 which had 5 styles, 3 guns and 4 devil arms going at a time not counting yamato which would lower the amount of things you can do with each because you were able to switch between each so having that many things do already you take into account limitations of control of the character thus you reach your limitations i still think it was a great idea but they need to work on the kinks in that kind of system in my opinion dmc3 had the best set up of a gameplay because your limit of holding items gave you almost limit less possibility of the usage of your character and yes i play all styles of dante so i know how to not get hit with royal guard without using it while getting an SSS combo(i love the series ^-^)it's not bragging its an example nero was a good addition to the story but hes ability for playing is too easy which kind of makes people think the gameplay is better when actually its just user friendly big difference between complex if you understand the gameplay of DMC3 you will find it a lot better you do not truly understand it till you hold a SSS for about a min with nevan,cerebrus,artimus,ebony&ivory in gunslinger
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ApexVash Posted at: 02:27 May16 2008 Post ID: 2241416
ApexVash
+
+
sorry for the long post i just really love the series and try to get as much info into the players mind while they play if you study the game more you find it a lot more fun just like me ^-^ i love DMC3
gamespro Posted at: 12:34 May16 2008 Post ID: 2241718
gamespro
+
+
Please don't double post.

I didn't like the fact that Nero was the main focus of this game I would have prefered to play as Dante for the entire game.

sig by Vasco
PSN ID: M-a-s-a-m-u-n-e
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 07:51 May17 2008 Post ID: 2242548
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
I'm trying to beat Dante the second time now on Son of Sparda mode, but he's impossible on that mode... Pretty much saying in a nutshell who's better.

Ooooh, awesome idea! 95% of Dante's body with the right arm of Nero! I'm smarterer than everyone!

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
gamespro Posted at: 08:11 May17 2008 Post ID: 2242569
gamespro
+
+
Yeah he is difficult to beat on the harder difficulties just don't try to attack him up close with Nero's sword because Dante's attacks are a lot faster than Nero's and he will always hit you first even if you attack first it's best to rely on the devil bringer.

sig by Vasco
cheating-is-good Posted at: 12:33 May17 2008 Post ID: 2242800
cheating-is-good
+
+
Lol Loony.

Dante should be the focus of all the games. The series is about him. They can through other characters in there, but the main focus should be on Dante.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
gamespro Posted at: 12:57 May17 2008 Post ID: 2242866
gamespro
+
+
Yeah I agree with that, this one was mostly about Nero.

sig by Vasco
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 17:05 May17 2008 Post ID: 2243124
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
I was able to beat him cheaply ;D I got him into a circle with Yamato on, hitting him with the Devil Bringer. He's surprisingly stupid when it comes to charging too much.

The only thing I prefer with Nero is against bosses (His Devil Bringer makes it so much easier...) and against the Faust. (Once again, the Devil Bringer makes it way easier.)

And I can't back up anything about how the series is all about Dante, seeing as I've only played DMC4 and the first couple levels of DMC3.

gamespro Posted at: 17:35 May17 2008 Post ID: 2243175
gamespro
+
+
Well doesn't really matter what way you do it if you win.

I find it a lot easier to beat faust's with Dante, after getting rid of their black cloaks use Gilgamesh hit them use the real impact move it will kill mephistos in one hit and on a Faust if you are in DT mode it will usually kill them in one hit if not use kick 13 then real impact.

sig by Vasco
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 20:46 May17 2008 Post ID: 2243377
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
It's easier than just grabbing him a few times with the Devil Bringer? That's what gets me usually in Bloody Palace. I play as Dante, and the first Faust does a lot of damage, since I have so much trouble with it. I need to use the moblile base function of Pandora to make it with enough health to make it.

gamespro Posted at: 20:57 May17 2008 Post ID: 2243384
gamespro
+
+
Yeah it is a lot of the times with Nero the get their Cloak back just as you're about to beat them. For the Fausts walk under them and fire there's less of a chance that they will attack and when they do attack just time a dodge or a jump to avoid the attack easily also their attacks can be deflected with a well timed attack but you should dodge after because they will immediately counter.

sig by Vasco
cheating-is-good Posted at: 23:08 May17 2008 Post ID: 2243510
cheating-is-good
+
+
The Faust looks hard. Devil Bringer makes everything easier it seems, like some type of hack.
gamespro Posted at: 08:03 May18 2008 Post ID: 2243700
gamespro
+
+
They're not really that hard but they are annoying, it's much easier with Dante than using Nero's devil bringer.

sig by Vasco
cheating-is-good Posted at: 22:08 May18 2008 Post ID: 2244730
cheating-is-good
+
+
Really. Hard, annoying, they go hand in hand.
gamespro Posted at: 11:27 May19 2008 Post ID: 2245170
gamespro
+
+
Yeah guess so the only thing about them that makes them annoying are the cloaks they have and when they start attacking you will the spikes.

sig by Vasco
cheating-is-good Posted at: 14:02 May19 2008 Post ID: 2245478
cheating-is-good
+
+
What do their cloaks do?
gamespro Posted at: 14:06 May19 2008 Post ID: 2245487
gamespro
+
+
It reduces damage a lot so the only way to kill them is to get rid of the cloak first which knocks them to the ground also attacking them while they have the cloaks on doesn't stun them.

sig by Vasco
cheating-is-good Posted at: 17:29 May19 2008 Post ID: 2246051
cheating-is-good
+
+
Oh, well, that would make things a lot harder. You can't like cut their coat off.
gamespro Posted at: 17:50 May19 2008 Post ID: 2246120
gamespro
+
+
Yeah it's best to shoot it while playing as Dante and use the DB with Nero.

sig by Vasco
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 18:23 May19 2008 Post ID: 2246196
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
It's actually easier as Nero, because he can pull it off with his devil bringer. Hit it rapid fire with devil bringer, then beat the crap out of them with Yamato/Red Queen/Devil Bringer, and if he's still alive after that, a charged shot from Blue rose will bring him down.

With Dante, I find myself having to shoot him with the Cyote-A 20+ times to get his cloak off, or use half my disastar guage to take it out with the mobile bas function of Pandora.

Really, I only prefer Nero against bosses, Mesphito's, and Faust's. For everting else, there's Dante. (Master Card humor XD)

Displaying Page 5 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close