Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Devil May Cry 4

Dante or Nero?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous
Catharsis Posted at: 17:18 May31 2008 Post ID: 2260710
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
Post Likes: 0
+
+
On 31-May-2008 gamespro said:That's what I'm saying Dante should have more moves with it in the Dark Slayer style and I still think it would be better if Nero actually used it in his DT. The only move they made more powerful in Dante's DT was the Stinger move they should have improved his too.
Um, no. Pin-Up and Kick13 are both improved in Dante's DT in addition to Stinger.

The real loss for Yamato in Dark Slayer style is the range - in DMC3 it was pretty much the longest-reaching weapon that wasn't a gun. Oddly enough, the Spirit seems to have more range than Dante when using Yamato, although still not as much. The loss of Judgement Cut was another real blow - Slash Dimension sucks compared to it. It still has the basic three-hit combo and Aerial Rave, but because of the reduced range, they're not nearly as good as they were before. Rapid Slash was an excellent crowd-clearer that's now also missing.

It's still useful for some things, but not nearly as much as it was in DMC3.

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
gamespro Posted at: 17:25 May31 2008 Post ID: 2260734
gamespro
+
+
I do use kick 13 a lot but I don't really use Lucifer.

There weren't enough attacks for Dark Slayer style but it was still powerful and Dimension Slash is very useful in bloody palace against large groups of Scarecrows.

sig by Vasco
PSN ID: M-a-s-a-m-u-n-e
Catharsis Posted at: 17:40 May31 2008 Post ID: 2260771
Catharsis
+
+
On 31-May-2008 gamespro said:I do use kick 13 a lot but I don't really use Lucifer.

There weren't enough attacks for Dark Slayer style but it was still powerful and Dimension Slash is very useful in bloody palace against large groups of Scarecrows.
Slash Dimension is hardly accurate, though. You have to get the distance just right, it has a horribly long recovery time and Scarecrows are pretty... random in their movements. Pandora's Revenge form is far more effective and has the added bonus of filling the Disaster Gauge.

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
gamespro Posted at: 18:21 May31 2008 Post ID: 2260817
gamespro
+
+
They are slow enough and stay in groups on Bloody Palace though. Those are the moves I se when there are large groups together Dimension Slash, Revenge and the Overdrive move with Rebellion.

sig by Vasco
Catharsis Posted at: 18:30 May31 2008 Post ID: 2260840
Catharsis
+
+
On 31-May-2008 gamespro said:They are slow enough and stay in groups on Bloody Palace though. Those are the moves I se when there are large groups together Dimension Slash, Revenge and the Overdrive move with Rebellion.
Overdrive is an excellent way of taking out crowds, yes. It also has the advantage of being easily cancelled.

imaloony8.0 Posted at: 18:41 May31 2008 Post ID: 2260853
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
What's overdrive? Never used it before.

Really, when I go into Bloody Palace, I can't do much with Dante. Farthest I've gotten is level 20. I really never use Yamato with Dante. I find it really lame and weak in comparison to the full combo offered by Sword Master.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
gamespro Posted at: 18:45 May31 2008 Post ID: 2260859
gamespro
+
+
It's the move where Dante creates a shockwave with Rebellion.

Yamato is far from weak it's very useful for fighting against the gold Angelos on their own.

sig by Vasco
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 17:54 Jun09 2008 Post ID: 2272923
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
But I find Yamato's usefulness very limited due to the extream lack of combos associated with it.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
gamespro Posted at: 18:10 Jun09 2008 Post ID: 2272952
gamespro
+
+
Yeah I agree is does lack combos but it is very effective in some situations and it's main combo is very fast too.

sig by Vasco
cozcozcoz Posted at: 09:15 Jun12 2008 Post ID: 2276683
cozcozcoz
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 17-May-2008 cheating-is-good said:Lol Loony.

Dante should be the focus of all the games. The series is about him. They can through other characters in there, but the main focus should be on Dante.
yeah i agree but i think the reason why they made nero is because of DMC2 i heard it sucks and dante loast his cockiness so i think they made nero so they can continue the story after DMC2

dante is definately better but i have an easier time using nero cuz of devil bringer =p

thats my dream team no seriously
Pooly Posted at: 04:02 Jun14 2008 Post ID: 2280863
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
+
Most people think of DMC2 as non-canon, others think it is set after DMC4 though.

Yamato is pretty good IMO, but it doesn't have enough decent combos to work with so I constantly spam Rebellion's shockwave move.

I don't use Gilgamesh either, I prefer Lucifer over it because I spam those needles into everything that walks and make them explode, cause normally if an un-needled enemy is stood next to one thats full of them when it explodes it takes them both out for me.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Displaying Page 8 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close