Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Dynasty Warriors 5

POLL:Who would win,Modern Chinese Army or Han Dyanasty Army?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
da_mikester Posted at: 17:18 Jun22 2007 Post ID: 1680130
da_mikester
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I see....The one who was on my side...for a little while...

Anywho,On topic,True Modern Chinese army has better technology and weapons(Guns) but the Han could have a possibilty of winning,Stratedgy at their time was way better than these days.Modern Days they all depend on technology(mostly).Plus,Many famous people from the han like the god of war,They will most probaly respect him other than fight him,because even if they are not religous,they will believe in the god of war as they learn about superstition(spelling) and stuff like that.China also teaches alot of things about the Han.So the amount of famous people in those times will obviouusly make a difference to the fighting,espicially if it was guan yu.

these things pop up because i kknow that in a war the modern chinese army would be stronger but i also know that i count on common sence and my own knowledge of things.I also know the cultural characteristics of china.It's so clear that if a country is against one of their own history something will change.

Sig thanks to Master of lite for a decent sig!great job SmileSmile
Shadow_Lord Posted at: 10:46 Jun23 2007 Post ID: 1681504
Shadow_Lord
+
+
DM, no offence, but that entire post's BS. Strategy won't make the slightest difference against machine guns and tanks. And all it takes is one soldier who doesn't give a damn about superstition and legend to put a bullet through the head of the 'God of War'. Bearing in mind also here that China is not only one of the biggest countries in the world, it's also got one of the highest population densities in the world. And most of them are men (two thirds I think it the commonly accepted figure).
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
da_mikester Posted at: 09:42 Jun27 2007 Post ID: 1693010
da_mikester
+
+
Fair enough,you opinioin.But stratedgy would help.
Chinese life style you know nothing about,Most probaly,So you would not know their reaction about going against the god of war.Superstition is a big thing in china and i know that.

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 16:18 Jun30 2007 Post ID: 1703862
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Alright, the facts:

Number of people who don't give a flying f*** about superstition in China needed to kill your precious 'God of War': 1
Male opulation of China: 440,617,296*
Chance of 440,617,296 men deciding they can't shoot some guy because he's some famous dude out of history, even when he comes charging at them with a Guan Dao: Not f***ing likely, mate.

*Population of China c. July 2007 x 2/3

« Last edited by Shadow_Lord on Jun 30th 2007 »
[center]

[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
da_mikester Posted at: 10:53 Jul01 2007 Post ID: 1705915
da_mikester
+
+
Your saying that you would kil jesus or god?

Up to you to decide.But i know for a fact that chinese people isn't stupid to kill a god and that is a f***ing fact.
What's china's population got to do with this?

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 16:52 Jul05 2007 Post ID: 1721514
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Jesus, most definitely. Purely for starting such a oppressive religion. God... well, I don't believe in God, so...

Look, you assuming that no one's going to want to kill Guan Yu is just stupid. Firstly, how will they recognise him? They probably won't, is the answer. Secondly, I doubt the entire Chinese adheres to the same religion. Thirdly, this guy would be trying to kill them. Now, even if I was god-fearing person, I'd shoot someone if I thought he was trying to kill me. And all it takes is one person like me, and... bam. God of War dead.
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 17:06 Jul08 2007 Post ID: 1731591
da_mikester
+
+
I guess you know nothing at all on chinese culture.Chinese think different too Americans.Keep that in mind.Near enough every single person in China Respects Guan Yu.Police buildings holds statues of Guan Yu .|The praise him

You know nothing at all.

First of all)Guan Yu has a red Face and long beard
2)It's not on religion.It's about culture.In Taoism and buddhism He is seen as a Saint and a Gurdian. This is just culteral Characteristics.
3)If YOU haven't noticed Chinese people are not stupid.Your saying that you would personally do that,But you don't think about other people's Race and their style of life.Do you?
Yes it's true i'm a BBC but it doesn't mean i don't know anything about China.I knew alot of stuff about china when i was about 10.

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 11:16 Jul09 2007 Post ID: 1733238
Shadow_Lord
+
+
You think I'm American. I'm insulted.

1) If you seriously think that, I pity you. That's how he's represented, moran.
2) Fine. Whatever. It still only takes one person who doens't give a damn to kill the guy.
3) I'm not saying they are stupid. Quite the opposite, in fact. Look, most Americans wouldn't shoot Jesus if he came up to them, even if he were trying to kill them. But not all would. I don't claim to be an expert on Chinese culture. But I know enough about human beings to no there is no way on Earth every single member of the Chinese army would just lay down their arms at the sight of Guan Yu.
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 01:58 Jul10 2007 Post ID: 1735954
da_mikester
+
+
1)He's seen by everyone in Chinma As red faced!You idiot!Dynasty Warriors Change Things!call me a moran.You goon
2)But if you thhink about it He would actually petrify them if he was seen
3)That's Because America Is a multi Cultural Society.China Most Believes on one religion.And Follow the Same rules.

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 16:20 Jul12 2007 Post ID: 1743055
Shadow_Lord
+
+
[center]

carlos rocks Posted at: 16:44 Jul12 2007 Post ID: 1743068
carlos rocks
Forum GuestMember
+
+
can some one plz answer my post im new here
Raikiri Posted at: 02:02 Jul16 2007 Post ID: 1750391
Raikiri
+
+
? whats post?

Shadow_lord:I guess Blank spaces are still working.By the way i'm Da_Mikester.Some hown i got blocked off.

Sig And Avy made by me...Raikiri :D
Shadow_Lord Posted at: 15:01 Jul16 2007 Post ID: 1751388
Shadow_Lord
+
+
On 12-Jul-2007 carlos rocks said:can some one plz answer my post im new here
Welcome to the forum, please be sure to check out our new members board. What post?

Rakiri: It was when I posted that, evidently. Anyway, what I said was:

1) I sincerely doubt he actually had a red face. I repeat: that's just how he's represented.
2) Look, I'll say it again: it only takes one person who doesn't give a damn, or panics, or whatever, to shoot him. Then bang. No more God of War.
3) Multi-cultural nothing. You still get a certain extent diversity in a uni-cultural society.
[center]

Raikiri Posted at: 18:35 Jul22 2007 Post ID: 1767603
Raikiri
+
+
I Personally think we should either close this or let it die out as we won't be getting anywhere,we still both think different thinhgs and neither of us can convince each other...

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 13:30 Jul23 2007 Post ID: 1769573
Shadow_Lord
+
+
I'm tempted to say "Not until I make you see the sense, you ***EXPLETIVES CENSORED***", but you're probably right. Let it die.
[center]

Raikiri Posted at: 08:06 Aug04 2007 Post ID: 1805716
Raikiri
+
+
Woops,very late reply...lol

I'll start a new topic about something before the forum dies out...

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 12:45 Aug15 2007 Post ID: 1841593
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Good idea. I'll do the same.
[center]

faragon Posted at: 13:57 Oct15 2007 Post ID: 1956085
faragon
+
+
shadow_lord why dont you go work for the goverment and plan an attack on china while your at it :P Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Raikiri Posted at: 12:13 Oct16 2007 Post ID: 1957070
Raikiri
+
+
Faragon,If you actually read above,We said too not post in this thread and let it die out....-_-

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 15:08 Oct20 2007 Post ID: 1961727
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Agreed. Don't resurrect this debate. it'll only lead to flaming. -closed-

EDIT: Or... not. Eh

« Last edited by Shadow_Lord on Oct 20th 2007 »
[center]

Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 410778

Post Top
Click to close