Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fallout 3

Huge DLC announcements by Bethesda

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 20:56 May19 2009 Post ID: 2624474
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Several things have been announced by Bethesda in relation to their DLC.

First and foremost, a Game of the Year edition of Fallout 3 will be available at roughly October 2009, and will contain all five DLC packs and cost about $60.

Wait, did he just say five?

Yes he did, Bethesda also announced that they have at least two more DLC packs on the way. Point Lookout will take place in the Fallout 3 equivalent of Point Lookout State Park, Maryland and will contain a brand new swampy area, new perks, new quests, and new weapons and armor. This pack is supposedly coming out late June 2009.
In addition, the fifth pack, titled Mothership Zeta, will contain a new area aboard Mothership Zeta, new perks, new armor, new weapons, and new enemies. It appears that Mothship Zeta has arrived at Earth, responding to the distress signal being sent off from the Alien Crash Site, and they are not pleased. They abduct the player onto the Mothership, where the entire DLC will take place.

So, rev up those 360, PCs, and PS3s, and get ready to... wait, did loony just say PS3????

Ah yes, even more news. It appears that Bethesda is finally coming out with the DLC packs on the PSN. They will be available, being spaced out by 4 to 6 weeks each, starting in late June 2009, starting with Operation: Anchorage, and moving on chronologically from there. They will probably cost about $10 each, just like their PC and 360 counterparts.

And before we leave, let's talk about the news that excites loony the most: The disk DLC.

Yes, Bethesda is also coming out with the DLC on disks for all those not fortunate to have LIVE or the PSN! On June 12th, the first DLC disk pack will be released, containing the first two DLCs (Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt), and somewhere around August 2009, the second pack will be released, containing the third and fourth DLCs (Broken Steel and Point Lookout) and both packs will cost about $20 each.

So, as I was saying, rev up those 360s, PCs, PS3s, and get ready to settle down even longer with 2008s Game of the Year!

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 21:01 May19 2009 Post ID: 2624485
CyberneticMooninite
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Huzzah! Finally I'll get to play the DLC other then going over to my friends house! I have to say that I kinda expected that from Bethesda since they did the same thing for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Holy ****. That Point Lookout looks amazing. That won't be in with the GOTY edition will it?
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:30 May19 2009 Post ID: 2624503
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Actually, it will. When it comes out in October, the GotY edition will have all five of the DLC. And that's actually the only way to get Mothership Zeta without actually buying it online. There won't be a DLC disk pakc with Mothership Zeta on it, but it'll be online and in the Game of the Years edition.

Looks tight.

I actually HAVE the Oblivion Game of the Year, and I actually didn't play it much. Wasn't impressed. I might actually get around to finishing the story, but not anytime soon, with the DLC coming out, Prototype, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Halo: ODST, and Modern Warfare 2.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 22:01 May19 2009 Post ID: 2624513
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
Why wasn't Oblivion good for you? I still like it better then Fallout 3 but then again I don't have the DLC so it would probably better with it.

Mothership Zeta also sounds good unless you don't get to kill aliens or go to another planet or something amazing instead of just walking around a ship with some aliens.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 22:12 May19 2009 Post ID: 2624523
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
The voice acting was horrid, the combat was annoying, the leveling system was crap, the story was full of generic and was pretty bad, and it just had sort of a bland feel to it rather than the exciting world of Fallout 3, where nowhere is safe. I actually wrote a review of it for the site if you want to see all my reasons.

I can see Mothership Zeta working. You're abducted onto an alien space ship and need to fight your way off. Sounds pretty damn cool to me.

Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 22:24 May19 2009 Post ID: 2624529
Black Mamba 19
Post Likes: 0
+
+
You can bet I'll buy it the day it comes out. I already have the microsoft points! I could always use new perks, quests, weapons, and armor. And Animefreak no foul language!!!! I will have to delete your post.

« Last edited by Black Mamba 19 on May 19th 2009 »

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 20:03 May20 2009 Post ID: 2625347
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
You probably shouldn't have deleted that post since it was relevant and the "foul language" wasn't aimed at someone or anything.

Point Lookout should add some good new monsters and probably have a lot to do with Mirelurks and maybe add mutated alligators (or is it crocodiles that are in the swampy areas?) but I doubt since I haven't heard of them being in Maryland. The only thing about Mothership Zeta would have to have super powerful weapons since the Alien Blaster is amazingly strong and the rest of the weapons would seem weird without them strong. The armor would probably be amazingly strong or something since they're aliens and super advanced and everything.
Meh.
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 22:59 May22 2009 Post ID: 2626893
Black Mamba 19
+
+
Yeah alien armor would be cool. And when you post there is a thing called being modest and thoughtful. A parent can see one word and go ballistic and that member would never be able to go on again because of one person's need to use foul language.

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 01:06 May23 2009 Post ID: 2626937
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
Modesty isn't not "cussing" and thoughtful isn't either. My parents certainly don't care, especially my dad who was "cussing" at me since I was 3. That's also an extreme reaction that I doubt would ever happen, plus why would a parent randomly look through a forum for that sort of thing to complain about?

The problem would be that you wouldn't be able to wear the armor unless they made the rest of the aliens bigger then the one at the crash site. Maybe make the aliens unsearchable?
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 08:53 May23 2009 Post ID: 2627001
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Alright guys, end the argument. Yes, it's true that he didn't HAVE to delete it, as it wasn't directed at anyone, but this being a family site, he wanted to keep the F-Bomb off, which I don't think is too unreasonable, but at the same time, Black Mamba, you need to be careful with the posts you delete and try to avoid deleting posts for small swears. Personally, as long as it isn't flaming, I generally don't care if people swear, par a few situations.

The alien at the crash site wasn't too much smaller than you. And you should be able to search them, I mean, the only reason you couldn't search the alien at the crash site was because they never made the skin for the alien without his suit. That skin should be made by the time Zeta comes out.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 13:41 May23 2009 Post ID: 2627123
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
The alien was pretty short and unless the armor is stretchy or the aliens are the same size as you, then you wouldn't be able to wear it. The weapons would also have to be super powerful since the Alien Blaster was unless they make the rest of the alien weapons weaker which wouldn't seem right. When you search the aliens you would end up with over powered weapons and it would be even easier to kill stuff after you got off the ship unless they don't let you take the stuff with you.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 13:49 May23 2009 Post ID: 2627126
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
You know how there are really short people? Well logic would have me believe that there are really short aliens too. Having him be short was just an excuse for Bethesda to not have to make a skin for the naked alien or make his suit wearable by the player.

As for the OPed weapons, Bethesda will find a way around it, like they always do.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 02:53 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629003
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
Well there has only been 2 reported types of aliens in real life, (if you believe in this sort of thing) the Greys who all look the same, kinda like the alien at the crash site, and are drones/cyborg minions of the higher class of alien. The higher class is supposedly an Aryan looking race that are the superior beings.

Enough of the alien talk, one way they could fix the OP problem is to make the Alien Blaster some kind of rare super weapon to the aliens. Another question I have is how would you be able to understand them? Would they give you some kind of special translation helmet or something or Bethesda just forgets that and you don't talk only shoot? The last idea doesn't sound too smart I have to say.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 07:32 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629065
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
I say less talky more shooty, but that was exactly what they did with Operation: Anchorage and I heard it didn't work (I'll get to test that very soon, I'm getting the retail copy of The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage after school today). They might inject you with a nanobot or give you an ear piece that lets you understand them or something.

And I just thought of a way around the weapon problem. You remember how in Halo 1 whenever you killed an enemy who was using the Energy Sword or the Fuel-Rod Cannon the weapon would explode because of a fail safe? They could do something like that, where the weapons disable themselves when you kill the person using them. You could get them by piecing together a few broken ones, pickpocketing it, or finding it lying around. You'd probably start with a rifle or pistol you find in their armory or something.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 11:20 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629151
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
I played Anchorage at my friend's house and you know how the enemies were Chinese? Well the little they talked was in Chinese so I barely understood them since they didn't call the character a hamburger or have a friendly conversation with you.

That would be a good idea. Collect all the weapons of that type and then fuse them together for a usable weapon or something. They should make a more peaceful way to deal with them, I think. Something like agree to help them collect something or do something for them on Earth and they supply you with alien stuff or a radio thing that can call an air strike by the aliens. (The air strike idea would be overkill but awesome looking.)
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 12:34 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629168
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Or you get abducted and escape from being probed, and are found by a couple of aliens that want to help you escape, so you can help them, and they can help you or something.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 12:38 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629171
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
I hope that they don't try to probe your character. That would be awkward. This won't happen, but if you killed the alien leader and became the new leader would be awesome.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 12:40 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629173
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
They couldn't probe meh, I would introduce them to Mister Chinese Assault Rifle.

Or maybe you make friends with them and it's all flowers and sunshine.
But really, maybe the aliens will set up a settlement or something.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 12:51 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629187
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
That would be great. Or they use their alien magic to fix at least some of the damage done to the buildings and such by the bombs.
Meh.
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 23:02 May26 2009 Post ID: 2629670
Black Mamba 19
+
+
Alien magic? You mean tech. Anyway how did this get to aliens probing you? If they did probe you it would probably be like a doctor giving you something for an addiction, you see what he's going to do and the screen goes black. And I'm sure they will make the armor a general one-size-fits-all, just like in Oblivion. They aren't that nitpicky. Honestly I don't care how powerful the guns are, I just want them to look cool. It's not like people need a powerful weapon, there are plenty in the game. Hey Loony I found that my main motive to doing Operation Anchorage was to get what was in the armory. The gameplay wasn't very new or impressive. The Pitt brought some nice new things though, and I thought it was worth it. Just a heads up on what to expect.

« Last edited by Black Mamba 19 on May 26th 2009 »

Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close