Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fallout 3

Huge DLC announcements by Bethesda

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Animefreak Posted at: 17:40 Jun01 2009 Post ID: 2635252
Animefreak
The Doctor
Post Likes: 3
+
+
... You're blind, aren't you?

For one, the barrel is too long. The Hunting Rifle has a shorter barrel, and the wood goes further up.

But, if you add a stock to the Sawed-off Shotgun, and extend the barrel, it looks almost exactly like the one in the screenshot.
Yes.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 18:23 Jun01 2009 Post ID: 2635271
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
I swear to god.

First of all, it's impossible to tell. You can't even see if there's a second barrel on it, so who the hell is blind again?
Second of all, that could be a new rifle. It looks a lot more like a rifle than a shotgun.
And third of all, why is it even a big deal if there's a double barreled shotgun? Who the hell cares? It's just a more accurate sawn off. I'd rather use the Combat Shotgun anyways.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 18:52 Jun01 2009 Post ID: 2635311
CyberneticMooninite
Post Likes: 1
+
+
It looks more like the rifle that was in GTA: SA. I can't believe I have to wait till August to get that disc. Right when I go back to school I can get it. ;__; If that was a shotgun, I wouldn't use it since shotguns aren't very good. If you use short range, it would be Unarmed skill based or Melee skill based.
Meh.
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 23:48 Jun01 2009 Post ID: 2635503
Black Mamba 19
Post Likes: 0
+
+
The internet does a lot of things to pictures. The size is completely different than from in the game, so who cares. And Cybernetic, you obviously don't get the avy, either I'm the only one who knows what it means or Animefreak does too. By the way did you get your last ingot?

« Last edited by Black Mamba 19 on Jun 1st 2009 »

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 00:12 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2635523
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
I still can't find it. I've checked every location the guide says and still can't find it.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 07:12 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2635626
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Did you get the one next to the Man Opener?

Check this guide. It claims that one of the three in number 14 are often missed.

Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 12:50 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2635787
Black Mamba 19
+
+
Yeah that one is easy to miss. It is on the dresser next to the bed.

Great new sig and avy from Eternal_Rage! Holy crap it's finally coming, MASS EFFECT 2.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 14:25 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2635859
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
Thanks for telling me about that hard to find one, that was the missing one. It blended in with the rocks so it was very hard to find.

« Last edited by CyberneticMooninite on Jun 2nd 2009 »
Meh.
Animefreak Posted at: 20:16 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2636557
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
Point Lookout takes place in the Fallout equivalent of Point Lookout State Park, a new swampland area filled with a main quest, and several sidequests. Its incarnation in the Fallout setting is supposedly more of a "seaside vacation town with a boardwalk" and said to have a larger landscape where "the bombs didn't actually fall, but the world has left it behind". Being designed by Joel Burgess and Nate Purkeypile, it has been stated it will have a "swampy-horror vibe" and will be the most open-ended of all DLC packs.

New features:

Weapons:
Double-Barrel Shotgun
Hatchet
Shovel
Punga Fruit

Armor and clothing:
Civil War Hat

Locations:
The Duchess Gambit
Point Lookout
Mansion
Trapper Shack

Characters:
Tobar

New perks
New enemies.

I believe I won, Loony.

Edit- Forgot to mention it's being released on June 23rd.

« Last edited by Animefreak on Jun 2nd 2009 »
Yes.
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 20:39 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2636569
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
Yay info is now up on it. Civil War Hat = amazing. A hatchet will be awesome too.
Meh.
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 21:03 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2636585
Black Mamba 19
+
+
Nice one Animefreak. That's it! There better be something better than a Civil War Hat. I mean come on I was expecting something better for the clothing/armor. The double barrel and the hatchet will be nice though. And what the hell is a Punga Fruit. Maybe something poisonous or some type of a grenade.

Animefreak Posted at: 21:10 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2636587
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
I honestly wouldn't mind a Civil War outfit, to go along with my handlebars.

When I read it, I though the Punga Fruit was under the items category, but when I re-read it, it was under weapons.

Maybe a new grenade-type fruit? I dunno. Interesting though.

Also, have a trailer.

« Last edited by Animefreak on Jun 2nd 2009 »
Yes.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 22:42 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2636669
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
No, you still lose, because no one cares about the double barreled shotgun. Wow, two barrels? Awesome! I can use it as a club to play golf after I kill all my enemies with the Terrible Shotgun. Besides, you're the only one so devoted to proving that one gun is coming out in a DLC pack that you'd hunt down the statement like a wolverine just to prove some guy you've never met that he's wrong about a video game. Nice work.

I'm just waiting around until August so I can actually get Point Lookout. And Broken Steel. Awesome.

No word on Fallout: New Vegas at E3 yet. Bummer.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 22:48 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2636670
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
I haven't heard any news about any Fallout at E3. I want Broken Steel a lot more then Point Lookout. I'm tired of having a lowish Science and Lockpick skill. I also need that Grim Reaper perk or whatever it's called so my AP fills after I kill someone in VATS. The Point Lookout info is available on the Vault so not really hunting it down. Also It said the shotgun would be pretty awesome even though I'd rather use my Gauss Rifle.
Meh.
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 23:48 Jun02 2009 Post ID: 2636684
Black Mamba 19
+
+
I think double barrel would be sick. They will probably make a special one that does more damage than the standard. I bet it will do more damage than the Terrible Shotgun too. And Loony I believe Anime won because the only thing that is looking good on this DLC is the double barrel and the new quests and perks.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 00:01 Jun03 2009 Post ID: 2636692
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
Did you see the crazy looking mutant holding the hatchet?!

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:Point_Lookout_Trapper_Shack.jpg

THAT is the coolest part of Point Lookout. Screw a stupid shotgun. Good with the fruit and a hatchet.
Meh.
Black Mamba 19 Posted at: 00:15 Jun03 2009 Post ID: 2636708
Black Mamba 19
+
+
Come on it's a hatchet. And that guy looks familiar I think I've seen him. And what is up with the Punga Fruit. Are you going to ask people if they want to touch your Punga Fruit and if they do they die? Oh no it's a trap, but I can't resist!

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 01:26 Jun03 2009 Post ID: 2636720
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
The dude looked like Sloth from that one movie(think the Goonies but not sure). I see your character doesn't go for melee. Well my doesn't either but I've moved more towards melee lately, but the problem is that I have after I reached the level cap. They should've moved the level cap to 40 instead of 30. (Well then again, I don't have Broken Steel so I'm not sure if 30 is good enough.)
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 08:30 Jun03 2009 Post ID: 2636795
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Once again: Double Barrel Shotgun = Sawn-Off Shotgun. If it truely is more powerful, then it will probably be a slightly more accurate version of the Kneecapper. I prefer the Terrible Shotgun. More rounds before reloading, quick shots, powerful.

Animefreak Posted at: 11:06 Jun03 2009 Post ID: 2636856
Animefreak
The Doctor
+
+
On 02-Jun-2009 imaloony8.0 said:No, you still lose, because no one cares about the double barreled shotgun. Wow, two barrels? Awesome! I can use it as a club to play golf after I kill all my enemies with the Terrible Shotgun. Besides, you're the only one so devoted to proving that one gun is coming out in a DLC pack that you'd hunt down the statement like a wolverine just to prove some guy you've never met that he's wrong about a video game. Nice work.

I'm just waiting around until August so I can actually get Point Lookout. And Broken Steel. Awesome.

No word on Fallout: New Vegas at E3 yet. Bummer.
Obviously you've never played a Fallout game besides the Bethesda one. The Double-Barrel Shotgun is more for nostalgia, than anything else. Now, go play Fallout 1.

Actually, they showcased it on E3, along with Todd Howard announcing it's release date, and the wiki article was posted on a different gaming site I go too.
Yes.
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close