Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fallout 3

Final Choice.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

imaloony8.0 Posted at: 19:41 Aug29 2009 Post ID: 2723941
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED FALLOUT 3 AND WISH THE ENDING TO BE A SURPRISE, DO NOT READ THIS TOPIC. THIS TOPIC IS TO DISCUSS THE FINAL CHOICE IN THE MAIN QUEST LINE, AND HOW IT AFFECTS THE GAME IN THE BROKEN STEEL ADD ON.

Right then, now that all the non-finishers are gone, let's get down to business.

How did you deal with the final choice in the game?

Did you go in? Send Lyons in for you? Or, if you have Broken Steel, if you had a follower who could take the radiation, did you send them in instead? Or, did you just say "screw it" and let the purifier explode?
Did you put the FEV in or not? How did it affect the after game for you?

I'm in Broken Steel with two characters, but I messed up and deleted the save of one. I have a backup save for them, but here's what I did:

First character: Female, Good Karma. I sent Fawkes in, since he's obviously immune to the rads, and I didn't put in the FEV. Was kinda cool after that to be able to grab purified water in so many places.
Second character: Female, Bad Karma. Sent Lyons in, since I didn't think Charon would survive the march to the purifier, and I added the FEV. Now it's certainly a pain to have to avoid all the Aqua Pura, but it puts an interesting twist on things. It made the Holy Water from the quest even more crappy.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 19:57 Aug29 2009 Post ID: 2723957
CyberneticMooninite
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I didn't put in the FEV, since it does nothing except make the water god awful and I went in myself. I had no idea you could send in a follower, but I still wouldn't have done it. I've started to collect Aqua Pura now since there seems like there would be a lot of it.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 17:18 Aug30 2009 Post ID: 2724702
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Yeah, if you have Broken Steel, you can send in one of three followers.

Charon will refuse at first, but after reminding him that you own his contract, you can force him to go in. When you ask Sergeant RL-3, he will agree, stating that due to his "Superior Design" he can survive the radiation. Fawkes will agree, although he will mention that he believes that you destiny lies within the chambers. Still, he'll agree to do it. Like if you go in yourself, this will make it so Sarah Lyons won't die, and will result in no Karma change. However, if you ask Butch, Star Paladin Cross, Clover, or Jerico, they will refuse. As before, you can't ask Dogmeat to do it.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
RisingSun Posted at: 20:24 Dec04 2009 Post ID: 2771397
RisingSun
Post Likes: 0
+
+
My first game

Male, Neutral Karma, Went in myself, no fev

Second game

Male, bad karma, went in myself, used fev

« Last edited by RisingSun on Dec 4th 2009 »
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close