Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fallout: New Vegas

Worst. Glitch. Ever. FIXED

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

imaloony8.0 Posted at: 19:18 Nov13 2010 Post ID: 2927056
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
So, I started a new character today to play through on Hardcore difficulty. Fine, right? Well, right around the time I was trying to save Goodsprings, I was wondering why I hadn't gotten to level 2 yet. I started to grind, but although it registered me getting XP, it seemed like the maker was stuck at the end of the 1-2 scale for some reason. I then checked my XP count: 600/200

That's right, the game would not let me level up. Brilliant, right?

So, I started a new character just to be sure, and the same thing happened. I heard something about leaving the first area and resetting your stats to get your XP back, but I tried that and it STILL wouldn't let me level up. At that point, I just went on a rampage through the Goodsprings saloon, killing everyone there in a gamer rage.

Anyone else have this problem, becuase it's really starting to tick me off.

EDIT: Anyone else having this issue, I figured out what was wrong. Apparently, in some unpatched versions of New Vegas (Such as if you have no Xbox LIVE), if you have more than two characters made, the third character and up will be unable to level up, Hardcore Mode or not. If you want to continue to play, you need to delete your characters until you only have one left, and then make your new character, giving you a total of two. A pain in the **** to be sure, but something that has to be done...

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Mar 31st 2011 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
qwertyuio Posted at: 21:16 Nov13 2010 Post ID: 2927084
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
lolsuperfailglitch

Well, loony. This is rather ironic. Your game is glitched so bad, that the seemingly only way to bypass this glitch short of sending your disc to Bethesda, is to mod.

So, me being the good person I am and as a representative of the modding community, I'll make you an offer.

Send me your save file, and I will mod your character for you in any way you like. Any level, any amount of XP, any SPECIAL, any skill levels, anything. Just tell me what you want. This should, in theory, bypass the glitch. And if it doesn't get rid of the glitch, then I can just give you whatev level you want.

Here's what you need to do:
1/ Go to your Fallout save on your Xbox, the one you want modded, move the save onto a USB.
2/Put USB into comp, put the file onto your desktop through normal windows interface if you can. If not, use a program called usbxplorer, or usbxtaf, try the first one first. Google em.
3/Upload the file to mediafire
4/I'll mod it, give you a download link, you'll download it
5/Put the file back on your USB
6/Move it back onto your console's HD.
7/???
8/PROFIT!

Anyone who thinks modding is all bad is an idiot. ;)
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 23:21 Nov13 2010 Post ID: 2927127
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Oi, I thought we weren't supposed to discuss illegal stuff on the forums.

I did eventually get it working. I made a new character, a female this time, and didn't put it on Hardcore. Leveling is going smoothly, and I'm at 5 now. I'm not sure if Hardcore is causing the problem, or if it's just luck of the draw, but I think I'll just leave Hardcore alone for a bit.

And BTW, I would send the disk to Obsidian, not Bethesda. Obsidian are the guys who made it. :P

Jam Jar Posted at: 07:41 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927227
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
Post Likes: 0
+
+
it's because you have to do certain things to level up on hardcore as well as getting xp. don't know what those things are, i don't actually own the game yet =|

qwert, your an smod......trying to promote modding a game, modding gets you banned these days. shame on you, shame *points finger and glares*
qwertyuio Posted at: 07:42 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927228
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
imaloony8.0 said:Oi, I thought we weren't supposed to discuss illegal stuff on the forums.

I did eventually get it working. I made a new character, a female this time, and didn't put it on Hardcore. Leveling is going smoothly, and I'm at 5 now. I'm not sure if Hardcore is causing the problem, or if it's just luck of the draw, but I think I'll just leave Hardcore alone for a bit.

And BTW, I would send the disk to Obsidian, not Bethesda. Obsidian are the guys who made it. :P

Nothing I mentioned is technically illegal. Not even against MS ToU in this instance. Nobody ever gets banned from LIVE for a modded single player file.

Well good to hear you find a bit of a way around it. Regardless my offer stands should you run into any more trouble. Smile
Jam Jar Posted at: 07:44 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927229
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
+
yet you can get banned for insulting the french.......
qwertyuio Posted at: 07:46 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927230
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
Oui, c'est vrai. Heh, qui-est fait?

Yeah, that's true. Heh, what happened? xD
Jam Jar Posted at: 07:51 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927232
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
+
Anbu got banned for insulting french people a few years back, was pretty funny.

wait....wait......modding is still deemed illegal in my eyes wiether it's singleplayer of multi.
qwertyuio Posted at: 07:55 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927233
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
lmao, British on French eh? Put an American in there, you'd have your own LIVE hell. :P

It's not necessarily single/multiplayer related. Boring long explanation, but basically the real modding community pplz know MS' system, ToU, CoC, reactions, etc. just as well as MS themselves do. Loopholes, facts, takes foooreeever to learn. Still learning myself.
Jam Jar Posted at: 07:57 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927234
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
+
i'm british you cant change my mind, we follow all the rules like a good little Island nation.
qwertyuio Posted at: 08:02 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927235
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
Haha, just as well. The less competition the better. Personally, I'm making quite the business out of these things for myself. ;o

Anywaaays in an attempt at me getting more on topic:

Loony you should be able to find the requirements for leveling up easily through an IGN guide. (Does SC have one up yet?) Or just ask a friend probably. :P
Jam Jar Posted at: 08:10 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927238
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
+
Supercheats guide.
http://www.supercheats.com/...w-vegas/

not sure if it mentions anything like that in it though. personally i would use 'the vault'
http://fallout.wikia.com/wi...out_Wiki
they list pretty much all the bugs and glitches.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 10:46 Nov14 2010 Post ID: 2927275
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
At first, I thought Hardcore mode was using that Oblivion leveling BS of having to sleep to gain levels, but even that didn't work. I didn't find anything on the vault about this, even in the hardcore mode page, so I assume it's not a feature of Hardcore mode.

Checking the IGN guide was also fruitless, I'm still fairly convinced it's just a really stupid glitch.

Also, I found another glitch that was rather annoying until I found out how to get around it, whereupon it became humorous.

I assume that before you gain access to the strip with a credit or passport check, it's locked, unable to be picked. Yeah, well my level 24 character just got locked out of the strip. I was kicking myself about it for about 15 mintues until I realized that I could just kill one of the Securitron guards with my silence Sniper Rifle and take his key.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Nov 14th 2010 »

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 02:00 Nov25 2010 Post ID: 2930541
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I have this problem every now and again.
From what I remember, the best thing to do is just to play on, and it should just level up.
Now known as
Forum Guest Posted at: 07:15 Aug25 2012 Post ID: 3143128
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
cool glitch never happened to me thoughThumbs UpSmile
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
420potjuice Posted at: 12:28 Oct30 2012 Post ID: 3167785
420potjuice
+
+
Could you do that for me to...?Dancing
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close