Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Final Fantasy XIII

Which was your favorite main character from FFXIII?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Vote here
Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
oO-Sonya-Oo Posted at: 11:07 Nov06 2011 Post ID: 3074444
oO-Sonya-Oo
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I liked Lightning a lot, but then later started liking Hope. I almost died when I found out her was going to be older in XIII-2 and I mean way older XD

I get argued with by my friends, that he is annoying like Vanille (also love Vanille), but I don't think so. Snow was very annoying to me for awhile, but I like them all now. It is a tie between Lightning and Hope.

NOTE: I know in ways Serah and Dajh are main characters, but not so much as the others. Serah becomes a real main the XIII-2.

« Last edited by oO-Sonya-Oo on Nov 6th 2011 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
balthiersbit Posted at: 13:00 Nov06 2011 Post ID: 3074466
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
+
You know, this game is still sitting on my shelf. I decided to work through the older games before starting this one.

Although I'm glad they decided to make a game with a female protagonist I kinda like the yummy characters more. (Balthier, Cloud, Tidus etc) Suppose the only nice looking one is Snow but personality wise I couldnt tell you.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Vasco Posted at: 14:26 Nov06 2011 Post ID: 3074487
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
+
Good taste in video-gaemz and an anime fan. We're now best friends, alright? Alright.

Also, on-topic, Vanille is hhhhhhhng. <3

I also love Serah and Lightning, though the last one can be quite a bit unoriginal at times. Hope is probably the character I've hated the most in any Final Fantasy, to be honest. I've heard he completely changes later on, but I've never actually completed this one. I seriously need to go back to this, haven't played PS3 in weeks. FFXIII and RE5 are just gaining dust on the table at this point.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
oO-Sonya-Oo Posted at: 16:55 Nov06 2011 Post ID: 3074564
oO-Sonya-Oo
+
+
I never finished XIII either. I got side tracked with other things. I had just finished FFX and then got XIII. It was big jump from what I had been playing with the battle system. At first it was rather annoying, but then I got used to it XD Hope was annoying, but I like him because he is cute. I thought for awhile that Snow and Serah shouldn't be together. The relationship seems well odd now that I look at how Noel and Serah are. They are still cute together, but he is VERY large compared to her. Vanille is my 4th favorite girl out of all the characters. The order goes....

1.) Cissnei
2.) Yuna
3.) Lightning
4.) Vanille
5.) Rydia

I like more, but those are my top favorites. Crises Core was my first Final Fantasy game to play. I have played through VII, VIII, IV, X, and half way through XIII ^^

My PS3, PSP, and WII are collecting dust. I hardly use them anymore or often because
I always go through phases where I want to play one sertent game or one system. Right now I'm using my DS most, until I have money for a new PS3 game and also for Skyward Sword to come out :3

« Last edited by oO-Sonya-Oo on Nov 6th 2011 »
Vasco Posted at: 11:13 Nov07 2011 Post ID: 3074842
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
+
oO-Sonya-Oo said:They are still cute together, but he is VERY large compared to her.

This made me laugh way too much, and I'm not entirely sure why. I wasn't a big fan of Snow, he always came out as the stereotypical "hero" who wants to save everyone and everything. Can't say I dislike him, though. Fang was quite cool, but I never got over the fact she was initially designed to be a male character. Sazh was a nice guy, the comic-relief type you can't help but like.

I never finished FFX, aww. I traded it for FFXII with a friend, but we ended up giving them back a couple weeks later without either finishing. Crisis Core has been on my HDD for at least a year, it's too big for my PSP's Memory Card and I never got a bigger one. Also, no Nintendo systems = no Zelda ;___;

What was your party in FFXII? I think I went with Lightning, Fang and Sazh most of the time, but I've always wanted to make it girls-only.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
balthiersbit Posted at: 12:02 Nov07 2011 Post ID: 3074870
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
Dust off your wii and buy Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2.

I forgot all about Zack, how could I? rawr

oO-Sonya-Oo Posted at: 14:17 Nov07 2011 Post ID: 3074896
oO-Sonya-Oo
+
+
Zack is amazing, I like him so much more then Cloud...

Well I mostly used Vanille, Fang, and Lightning when I got to that point. I didn't care for Sazh, because I'm no good with guns. I decided to rest start my game last night and I got up to the part of his Eidolon and now I'm stuck and can't get past it... I knew I shouldn't have started a new game, lol. I wanted to refresh my memory, but it was a fail. Sazh was the one who I was worst with, because the whole gun thing. Fang was my best or Lightning depending, but the battle style was very annoying. It is VERY true about the whole him being bigger. Zack was one of those Mr.Hero type guys too, but he was more awesome and always tried to make it will the ladies (like Cissnei), but almost always got rejected. (you can find out VIA the fan club you can unlock that Cissnei DOES have a crush on Zack and also you can find a letter he had write saying he had a GF, but I wonder who his wonderful women was.... O.o )

Aww you shouldn't have traded it. Final Fantasy X is my all time favorite, the story was very well written, but Wakka got on my nerves... Lolz my party had consited of Rikku, Lulu, and Yuna mostly. I hardlt ever used Auron unless needed, never used Wakka, Some times used Tidus and Kimahri. Rikku, Yuna, Lulu, and Kimahri knew black and white magic so it was fairly easy and Rikku/kimahri knew how to steal, so I made great money swith staling the lvl 4 Key Spheres XD

Listen to me talk way to much about Final Fantasy... It is all I ever talk about most the time, rofl. To add on to my favorite guys, they would have to be in this order.

1.) Squall Leonhart
2.) Zack Fair
3.) Vincent Valentine

Those are my def tops, but I have so many I like... Snow, Reno, Hope, Angeal, ect... I sadly love almost all of them! I have yet to play XII, but I will be soon once I get a chance ^^

I just looked up Tales of Symphonia 1 and it looks very interesting, I might have to dust it off, but I must look into it first because I don't have much money atm, working on paying off my 3DS.
balthiersbit Posted at: 08:46 Nov08 2011 Post ID: 3075100
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
Oh I think we could talk about RPGs all day hun I really do! Smile

But I cant't say much about FFXIII as I havent started it yet. Silly Nikki XD

Axionas Posted at: 08:55 Nov08 2011 Post ID: 3075101
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
+
Fang, best stats and special attack.

Wait wait wait, your Avy is lightning and you've yet to play FFXIII? O_o;
oO-Sonya-Oo Posted at: 12:18 Nov08 2011 Post ID: 3075134
oO-Sonya-Oo
+
+
Lolz I could talk about them too and sorry you haven't played it yet. The 2nd half Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be out next year. Its coming up very fast... O.o

Fang has great special attack ^^To me it wasn't a shock about the whole her suposed to be a man thing :/
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 12:37 Nov08 2011 Post ID: 3075136
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
+
Sazh was my favorite character throughout the game, mainly because he was the game's best Synergist, and he helped me out with a lot of the battles, such as the Dreadnaught and Spoiler:
click to reveal
fight. His pet Chocobo chick, the music that plays for him, his fighting style, everything.

~Glitters the Magical Pony...Too lazy to log out of Derek's account. So suck it S. Mods.~
balthiersbit Posted at: 13:11 Nov08 2011 Post ID: 3075142
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
Axionas said:Fang, best stats and special attack.

Vasco made it for me as a welcome back to supercheats present.
Who am I to say no?

Normally I have a FF sig but I changed it for a joke as people kept calling me a dinosaur.

oO-Sonya-Oo Posted at: 16:22 Nov08 2011 Post ID: 3075198
oO-Sonya-Oo
+
+
balthiersbit said:
Axionas said:Fang, best stats and special attack.

Vasco made it for me as a welcome back to supercheats present.
Who am I to say no?

Normally I have a FF sig but I changed it for a joke as people kept calling me a dinosaur.

I like you signature ^^
I'm create some things on my own, but not the avatar I use, just my signature and the things on my profile I have made or edited. I'm working with photoshop and gimp now though through school... Any ways very nice avatar!
oO-Sonya-Oo Posted at: 16:24 Nov08 2011 Post ID: 3075199
oO-Sonya-Oo
+
+
Forgoten_Scars said:Sazh was my favorite character throughout the game, mainly because he was the game's best Synergist, and he helped me out with a lot of the battles, such as the Dreadnaught and Spoiler:
click to reveal
fight. His pet Chocobo chick, the music that plays for him, his fighting style, everything.

~Glitters the Magical Pony...Too lazy to log out of Derek's account. So suck it S. Mods.~

I did awful with Sazh... Everyone has their best with the different styles. Everyone is not used to the same things and might fail epicly like I did with Sazh XD He is a good character and his chick is so cute! Have you read the story before what had happened before FFXIII?
Glitters the Magical Pony Posted at: 16:32 Nov08 2011 Post ID: 3075205
Glitters the Magical Pony
Wishes Excadrill wasn't Uber
Post Likes: 8
+
+
Personally, I'd play Sazh as the main character if I wasn't needing to be the one doing the most damage for my party...Seems that Lightning as a NPC can't do the right actions half the time in Chapter 12.

I normally main Lightning so I can be balanced in stats, and have Sazh and Hope in my party, usually starting with a COM/SYN/SYN Paradigm to super-buff my character, then swap over to MED/SYN/SYN so the other two can buff each other while I play healer, then finally either COM/RAV/RAV or COM/COM/RAV. In times that this doesn't work, then I swap out for Sazh as leader with Vanille and Fang, and go SYN/SAB/SEN, swapping to COM/RAV/COM or RAV/RAV/COM, and in times of needing a lot of support, SYN/MED/MED (I taught Fang Cure to help out.)

Yea, I read all the logs that describe the 13 days before the Purge, so I'm pretty familiar with the backstory.

« Last edited by Glitters the Magical Pony on Nov 8th 2011 »

^Thank you Z^

Blazblue said:Kokonoe: Any normal player starts crappin' bricks the moment they see you.
Arakune: Ahahaha. Well they toned me down this go-around. I can only manage 9000 damage in a 160-hit combo!

9000 damage equals to 9/10th's of your healthbar. Toned down? o_0
oO-Sonya-Oo Posted at: 18:38 Nov08 2011 Post ID: 3075239
oO-Sonya-Oo
+
+
Glitters the Magical Pony said:Personally, I'd play Sazh as the main character if I wasn't needing to be the one doing the most damage for my party...Seems that Lightning as a NPC can't do the right actions half the time in Chapter 12.

I normally main Lightning so I can be balanced in stats, and have Sazh and Hope in my party, usually starting with a COM/SYN/SYN Paradigm to super-buff my character, then swap over to MED/SYN/SYN so the other two can buff each other while I play healer, then finally either COM/RAV/RAV or COM/COM/RAV. In times that this doesn't work, then I swap out for Sazh as leader with Vanille and Fang, and go SYN/SAB/SEN, swapping to COM/RAV/COM or RAV/RAV/COM, and in times of needing a lot of support, SYN/MED/MED (I taught Fang Cure to help out.)

Yea, I read all the logs that describe the 13 days before the Purge, so I'm pretty familiar with the backstory.

Some people don't read then, which yay you did! A few I have talked to on other sites didn't even know that there was a back story... Some parts were saddening to me V.V

You have an amazing plan/strategy going on, better then mine!
I can't get pasted Sazh's battle with Vanille fighting besides you, battling his summon. I had restarted over the weekend and I guess he isn't lvled enough either that or my PS3 is stupid... I dunno I got close to the end when I used the 360 as in beating it. I never should have switched :/

Do you have an advice for me to beat that part?
Glitters the Magical Pony Posted at: 18:48 Nov08 2011 Post ID: 3075242
+
+
For the Brynhildr battle, start off with a SYN/SAB set-up, and buff yourself and Vanille, and make sure she keeps debuffs on Brynhildr. After that, I believe you need to both switch between RAV/RAV and/or COM/RAV and just get the Chain Gauge as high as possible. Also, make sure Vanille keeps you both healed. Just alternate between keeping buffs and debuffs on, keeping yourself healed, and constantly tossing out the strongest attacks you've got, which would be Blizzard and Water because of it's weaknesses. You could always put Enwater on yourself so if you go Commando, you'll always do Water damage. One thing I did with Sazh was if he was close to Brynhildr, I'd go Commando, and spam Blitz, so you'll hit it many times and keep it's chain gauge up.

That's what I did though. You could always look it up on YouTube as well.

« Last edited by Glitters the Magical Pony on Nov 8th 2011 »

^Thank you Z^

Blazblue said:Kokonoe: Any normal player starts crappin' bricks the moment they see you.
Arakune: Ahahaha. Well they toned me down this go-around. I can only manage 9000 damage in a 160-hit combo!

oO-Sonya-Oo Posted at: 06:34 Nov09 2011 Post ID: 3075347
oO-Sonya-Oo
+
+
I had gotten past it with the Xbox 360, but I can't with the PS3 (lol fail). I will try that, my stratagey was a bit different, but yours is much better. My TV is so small and the writing is tiny with the PS3 and I can't read any of it so, I never can tell what gives the most damage so, I guess. Thanks I think I should start looking them up more ^^

I'm going to print this out so, I wont forget Smile
I don't understand why the font it super small on it V.V
Axionas Posted at: 08:51 Nov09 2011 Post ID: 3075366
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
+
Glitters the Magical Pony said:Personally, I'd play Sazh as the main character if I wasn't needing to be the one doing the most damage for my party...Seems that Lightning as a NPC can't do the right actions half the time in Chapter 12.

Wow your as stratagized as I am with the game Will. Have you completed Titan's trials?
Glitters the Magical Pony Posted at: 10:21 Nov09 2011 Post ID: 3075382
+
+
Nada, Derek's got my game. I was getting to the end of Chapter 12, I think.

^Thank you Z^

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close