Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

Class Improvement

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
MasterHunter Posted at: 14:22 Aug28 2007 Post ID: 1881829
MasterHunter
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
What classes do you think should be improved for GoD?

How would you improve them?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
SPV999 Posted at: 05:49 Sep03 2007 Post ID: 1895543
SPV999
+
+
Add more.
AND BRING BACK DARK MAGIC! That was my favorite from FE6(7? the first on on the GBA >.>)

On a side note, Ever wonder what would happen if there was a big battle between the entire staff of Supercheats?

MasterHunter Posted at: 10:02 Sep03 2007 Post ID: 1895825
MasterHunter
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, especially Luna. Taking out the Dragon with Canas in two hits was always fun.

All classes should get a resistance boost, since all non magic units (bar Ike) suffered because of it in PoR.
Volke Posted at: 07:38 Sep08 2007 Post ID: 1903562
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Warriors could do with slightly higher Defence. Boyd usually survived because of his huge HP, Speed and evasive ability, but it's not good when he's surrounded by Swordsmasters. Apparently he does get better Defence in Goddess of Dawn though.

Generals should get better stats outside of HP, Strength and Defence. All their other stats were pretty bad, especially with low Skill AND low Speed. Not that they need an improvement everywhere, of course, then they'd be too good, combined with the fact the Generals are now given Axes as a second weapons instead of Swords in Goddess of Dawn.

But yeah, bad Resistance was very common throughout the Path of Radiance classes. Mages and Sages were usually the most threatening of enemies, unless your units are really strong and can kill them in one hit without fear of retaliation (this was common amongst Path of Radiance characters such as Ike, Boyd, Jill and Kieran [and Oscar when his Strength grows are good, which is about 50% of the time] who usually capped their Strength stat).

EDIT - Dark magic has returned in Goddess of Dawn, and is an extra magic for Mages and Sages.

« Last edited by Volke on Sep 8th 2007 »
MasterHunter Posted at: 14:12 Sep08 2007 Post ID: 1904115
MasterHunter
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Good, this will make Soren alot better - wind magic was weak & didn't fit well with his high magic stat.

Any knights/generals should have stats like Oswin's (from FE7), he was one of the best units, he always maxed his HP, str, skill & def and his speed & res ended up around twenty.

A decent Beserker would be nice to see (similar to Dart/Hawkeye).

Assassins should be able to use swords instead of knives, this is what ruined Volke in PoR. A killing edge would've made him alot better.
Volke Posted at: 07:54 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1914378
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 08-Sep-2007 MasterHunter said:Good, this will make Soren alot better - wind magic was weak & didn't fit well with his high magic stat.

Any knights/generals should have stats like Oswin's (from FE7), he was one of the best units, he always maxed his HP, str, skill & def and his speed & res ended up around twenty.

A decent Beserker would be nice to see (similar to Dart/Hawkeye).

Assassins should be able to use swords instead of knives, this is what ruined Volke in PoR. A killing edge would've made him alot better.
Well, when it came to Soren, the best way to use him was just to give him the "El" tomes. He'd never get up to a good level on any magic anyway. The highest I've ever gotten him up to was a B in Fire magic, but since heavy tomes aren't recommended for him anyway, there's not much point. Wind magic was weaker, but due to the high amount of airbourne enemies in the game, it was more useful than the other three.

Well, Gatrie's supposed to be better off this time around (he's still the best General, but he gets better overall stats in Goddess of Dawn). Also, they get Axes as a second weapon instead of Swords, which is an improvement, but since their Lance level will be higher anyway and Lances are still great, you might as well stick with them.

I never found Beserkers to be as useful as Warriors anyway. They're basically Warriors without the ability to use Bows and the added 10% critical hit chance doesn't really make up for it. Largo did suck, but he's not playable in Goddess of Dawn (although he does make appearances off the battlefield from what I've heard). now that I think about it, I don't think there are any Beserkers in Goddess of Dawn. Pity, since I do like Axe users.

I haven't been able to figure all of this out yet, but it seems like Knives are a lot better this time around, with Knife weapons levels and a wider variety of Knives to use. I only ever used Volke for my looting needs in Path of Radiance though, since even if he could use Swords, he'd be like a really fragile Swordmaster, but he was also locked onto Knives, which made him worse during battle. You'll probably get to use him as an offensive unit in Goddess of Dawn though.
MasterHunter Posted at: 13:34 Sep17 2007 Post ID: 1918325
MasterHunter
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Most of the time raise I Soren as a thunder mage just to make killing the dragons easier. A hp, def & con boost is what he needs so you can put him on the front line like you could with Sages of past FE games.

Good, generals have always been my favourite class (I prefer tank units that I don't have to watch). I was disappointed at how poor they were in PoR. In FE 7 & 8 I always had generals use axes since they went well with their high attack stat.

From what I've read Volke starts out as an assassin so you're probably right about him being an offensive unit.

Laguz can now also attack when in human form if this turns out to be any good then I may start using ones that aren't called Nasir...
Volke Posted at: 09:14 Sep18 2007 Post ID: 1919295
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 17-Sep-2007 MasterHunter said:Most of the time raise I Soren as a thunder mage just to make killing the dragons easier. A hp, def & con boost is what he needs so you can put him on the front line like you could with Sages of past FE games.

Good, generals have always been my favourite class (I prefer tank units that I don't have to watch). I was disappointed at how poor they were in PoR. In FE 7 & 8 I always had generals use axes since they went well with their high attack stat.

From what I've read Volke starts out as an assassin so you're probably right about him being an offensive unit.

Laguz can now also attack when in human form if this turns out to be any good then I may start using ones that aren't called Nasir...
Normally I use Soren as the balanced Sage, with Ilyana (or Calill if Ilyana gets unlucky with RNG growths) as my Thunder Sage (using Wind magic as a backup, of course, so flying enemies are easily taken out too).

Yeah, I don't understand why Intelligent Systems gave Generals Swords as a second weapon, since Swords are only really any good on Ike, and Axes are quite a bit stronger. Even the manual says Generals also use Axes, for some strange reason. But yeah, Path of Radiance Generals never made my main team when I had played through a few times and tested everyone (although I did use Gatrie for support in the early missions, since he would end up better than Titania or Shinon due to them being pre-promotes).

Unfortunately he doesn't join until a lot later on in the game.

Yes, that does increase their chances of not being shelved for the game unless you need a fill in unit (which I normally avoid because it's a bit of a waste of experience). Until you get Reyson in Chapter 18 Laguz aren't really worth using. Ranulf does have pretty good stats, and so does Nasir, but there's no point in using any of the others (excluding the three Laguz kings, Reyson, and Ulki [who is useful for a few of the Daein chapters, especially Chapter 19 when you need one of the Hawks anyway]). Although they still have the rubbish stats they had when they weren't transformed, so I wouldn't really hold my breath.

Check out the guide of the Japanese version of Goddess of Dawn in the Walkthroughs section. It contains some character data incase you want a beginning heads up.
MasterHunter Posted at: 14:01 Sep20 2007 Post ID: 1921782
MasterHunter
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I read the guide, lots of decent units from PoR becoming pre-promotes, why?
Zaltias Posted at: 19:15 Sep21 2007 Post ID: 1923234
Zaltias
+
+
i hope that you get to use your assassin unit earlier on, or get some good levels to train your thief. The assasin unit was really really helpful in some of the later levels(especially that monastry one) with his good dodge and instant kill technique

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
16 - Orbital Command + Supply Depot (2)
16 @100% Marine (1) - Command Center (2)
21 - Bunker (1) + Barracks (2) (3)
Volke Posted at: 12:12 Sep22 2007 Post ID: 1924037
Volke
Executioner
+
+
MasterHunter - Well, the game runs a lot differently to Path of Radiance. You're probably already aware, but the game has four seperate sections. Some units probably return as pre-promotes because of when they first re-appear in the game. With the exception of the first section of the game, it appears that pre-promotes aren't given poor, dampened stats like they were in Path of Radiance. It also makes sense that, due to their participation during the events of Path of Radiance, that they return with more experience. I know this isn't the case with everyone, sometimes because of certain characters' roles in Goddess of Dawn, but it does make a lot of sense. pity about some characters, mind.

Zaltias - Sothe is the only Thief/whatever worth using earlier on (even though you have to use him when he's around) and the only good one until Volke joins in the fourth section of the game. Although I never liked using Volke offensively in Path of Radiance, since he was basically a super-fragile Swordmaster using Knives, which were even weaker than Swords (not sure what's what in Goddess of Dawn, except that Axes are still the most powerful).
MasterHunter Posted at: 14:30 Sep22 2007 Post ID: 1924375
MasterHunter
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I know it makes sense story wise, my point is that pre-promotes are generally rubbish (in my opinion Haar was one of the only ok ones, even though he was a tad slow) and all they do is clear the map stealing exp from weaker units in the process and from what I've read (although I may be wrong) there are alot more pre-promotes this time around which could make the game alot harder later on & ruin the chances of other units leveling up.

By the way have you finished your Path of Radiance character guide? It would be good to see what kind of team you use.
Zaltias Posted at: 16:58 Sep22 2007 Post ID: 1924731
Zaltias
+
+
i was just reading somw stuff oh Fe:GoW.
it seems there are 3 class for beorc units (basic, promoted and master).You get to the 3rd promotion by using a master crown.
Laguz can go to lvl 40.

Also what seems cool to me is that the black knight comes back, and apprantly you can use him in some of the daein levels.

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
MasterHunter Posted at: 11:21 Sep23 2007 Post ID: 1925681
MasterHunter
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 22-Sep-2007 Zaltias said:i was just reading somw stuff oh Fe:GoW.
it seems there are 3 class for beorc units (basic, promoted and master).You get to the 3rd promotion by using a master crown.
Laguz can go to lvl 40.

Also what seems cool to me is that the black knight comes back, and apprantly you can use him in some of the daein levels.
There are 13 master crowns in the game. You can use the Black Knight as himself and as General Zelgius.
Zaltias Posted at: 14:22 Sep23 2007 Post ID: 1925960
Zaltias
+
+
hmmm.. i wonder if the hero class is making a comeback as playable in the chapters, heros owned

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
Volke Posted at: 09:12 Sep24 2007 Post ID: 1926935
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 22-Sep-2007 MasterHunter said:I know it makes sense story wise, my point is that pre-promotes are generally rubbish (in my opinion Haar was one of the only ok ones, even though he was a tad slow) and all they do is clear the map stealing exp from weaker units in the process and from what I've read (although I may be wrong) there are alot more pre-promotes this time around which could make the game alot harder later on & ruin the chances of other units leveling up.

By the way have you finished your Path of Radiance character guide? It would be good to see what kind of team you use.
They seem to be better this time around. The only pre-promotes I ever used were Calill (if I didn't like the way Ilyana turned out) and Haar (if I didn't like the way Jill turned out and had a spare Speedwing). Tanith was okay too, I guess. I don't recall using any others.

I haven't really continued with my character guide unfortunately. Might continue with it soon, but in Path of Radiance my final team is usually:

Ike (9/10)
Oscar (9/10)
Boyd (9/10)
Soren (9/10)
Ilyana (8/10)
Marcia (8/10)
Mist (7/10)
Rolf (9/10)
Kieran (9/10)
Nephenee (8/10)
Jill (9/10)
Reyson (9/10)
Volke (8/10) (looting and theft only)

I also sometimes use (if I feel like a change):

Zihark (7/10)
Ulki (7/10)
Calill (7/10)
Astrid (7/10)
Makalov (7/10)
Tanith (7/10)
Haar (7/10)
Ranulf (7/10)

Everyone else pretty much gets benched as soon as possible. I can't remember the ratings exactly, but they were something like that.
Zaltias Posted at: 15:28 Sep24 2007 Post ID: 1927201
Zaltias
+
+
Volke, your final chapter list is similar to mine.

i didn't have mist in there(swords for a magic user?), I used Astrid
and i didn't have Kieran there, i had Nasir(with boots he owns)

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
MasterHunter Posted at: 13:22 Sep25 2007 Post ID: 1928402
MasterHunter
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 24-Sep-2007 Zaltias said:Volke, your final chapter list is similar to mine.

i didn't have mist in there(swords for a magic user?), I used Astrid
and i didn't have Kieran there, i had Nasir(with boots he owns)
If you give her the Sonic Sword she's a decent unit.

EDIT: In my last playthrough I used:
Ike
Boyd
Oscar
Soren
Kieran
Jill
Ranulf
Volke (Looting)
Nasir (It was on hard mode so I needed a unit that could 1hko both forms of Ashnard)
Tibarn.

« Last edited by MasterHunter on Sep 25th 2007 »
Zaltias Posted at: 15:52 Sep25 2007 Post ID: 1928567
Zaltias
+
+
but getting here sword mastery to B was annoying, unless you used one of those weapon scrolls.

Do you think you will use laguz a bit more due to their ability to attack in human form?

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
Volke Posted at: 06:25 Sep26 2007 Post ID: 1929256
Volke
Executioner
+
+
I forgot about Nasir and the laguz kings (of which I usually use Giffca), but yes, I might use more laguz this time around, if they aren't given pre-promote stats when transformed again (which was the main flaw of all the earlier laguz, along with the 40% downtime).

I used to use Rhys instead of Mist, but since Mist is a great help throughout the Black Knight battle and is more useful during the Final Chapter (backwards movement can enable her to heal Ike, Nasir and the laguz king when they are battling Ashnard, and back off without fear, although since he flies around on Difficult, it isn't always the case there, but generally, she's more useful than Rhys).
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close