Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

The Duke Punches Back?

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Recent Posts Games Series Hubs
Game Filters
Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

CMBF Posted at: 10:27 Jun15 2011 Post ID: 3020753
CMBF
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Actually no, it was The Duke's PR Firm that punched back -- or Tweeted really.

It seems that The Redner Group was none too happy with the bad reviews that the new Duke Nukem game -- man, how weird is it to say "The new Duke Nukem Game"? But anyway, apparently the bad reviews and the low Metascore really got to them, because they Tweeted the following warning:

OK, so that was not the usual reaction from PR's -- when they blacklist you they usually do not come right out and say so, they just stop sending you games -- so this was pretty extreme, and it seems that they have come to recognize that, as the Tweet was followed by an email later in the evening that, among other things, both apologized and mentioned that the company was no longer the PR for the game. Not a surprise, no.

The email said in part:

"I would like a quick moment of your time to humbly ask for your forgiveness. I made a major error in judgment. I acted out of pure emotion without any thought to what I was saying. It is with a sad heart that I come to you now asking that you forgive me. I posted a Tweet this evening saying that I was reviewing The Redner Group’s policy for future reviews of video games based on today’s Duke Nukem Forever scores. I must state for the record I was acting on my behalf. 2K and all other clients had nothing to do with my comment. I want to be very clear that this came through me and was in no way affiliated with any of my clients especially my former client 2K.

"Though I didn’t name names, I did say that I thought some reviews had gone too far in tone. Meaning, that the tone of some of the reviews was poor. I respect the scores, it had to deal with the tone. I was unable to properly convey that in 140 characters. But that it beside the point. We are all entitled to our opinions regardless of score, tone or meaning. My response was a juvenile act on my part. I know better and my emotion got the best of me. I have worked very hard on this project. I want it to succeed. I just got upset and acted out."

It is never a good thing when our emotions get the better of us, and that is clearly what happened here. The penalty for it can be severe -- and it is equally unfortunate because while there were a lot of bad reviews for the game, we suspect that they are largely due to the great expectations that gamers -- and the reviewers -- had for a game that we have waited 15 years to play!

We have not completed our play through and evaluation of the new Duke title, but regular readers at Gaming Update will be aware that we have been covering the game and its related news, and that we eagerly awaited its release, just like most gamers.

The game arrived while we were still at E3, so we were not able to sit right down and play it, and an email requesting that reviewers hold off on their reviews until after the multi-player side was patched in this week appears to largely been ignored. Still, for what it is worth, the game is good -- it lives up to the Duke's standards, and it is a fun play so far.

Stay tuned for our review when we have concluded evaluating the game -- but we think it is safe to say that bad reviews aside, The Duke does not need to worry too much.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Pabloo101 Posted at: 23:45 Mar20 2019 Post ID: 3447702
Pabloo101
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
We are all waiting for your new review. It's always better than some reckless review on top1apk.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close