Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

Crackdown 3 is a greasy cheeseburger.

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Recent Posts Games Series Hubs
Game Filters
Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

UsherBhai Posted at: 04:32 Feb18 2019 Post ID: 3447358
UsherBhai
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hello everyone,,
There's nothing special about Crackdown 3. If it was released two years after Crackdown on the 360, critics and fans would have probably derided it for failing to iterate on the premise.

In 2019, Crackdown 3 falls into world surrounded by phenomenal games doing 100 percent more in their worlds than Crackdown would ever try. Even Sunset Overdrive did more and that was released by Insomniac who just released Spiderman (also amazing) last year.

The graphics are unimpressive and the design is so antiquated I assume it's steam powered. It's the equivalent of a 1970s basement that will have to be gutted because of the shag carpet.

Crackdown has none of the depth, polish, creativity or originally of the plethora of open world games released this generation. It would have been outdated at the end of the 360 lifespan.

It is not a good game today and it wouldn't have been a good game at nearly any point in the last ten years.

Yet, I've played it for six hours and I can't put it down. It's a constant stream of quick, fun, bright and flashy gunplay. It's smooth as butter and full of great art design. There are a ton of weapons which all feel useful even if they aren't all necessary.

You unlock powers that make the game more fun. You find weapons that make the game more fun. You find enemies that make the game more fun.

Crackdown 3 is unpretentious and silly. It's colorful and boastful. It's purpose is solely to please you. It's the opposite of all the things modern open world games strive to be. It's not a steak. It's not a give course meal made by godly ddesginers.

It's a greasy cheeseburger and I think I'll have another.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
testuser Posted at: 03:03 Feb20 2019 Post ID: 3447372
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 193
+
+
I think this is the general feeling on the game from most. It gives me mixed feelings. I loved the original game and part of me just wanted an improved version of that. Nothing too dramatically different. Just bigger maybe.
What we got was basically the same game with some improved graphics. In some ways I'm glad they haven't made huge changes that could have ruined it, but, after all this development time I was expecting something more.
balthiersbit said:.. oh poop I lost my balls ..

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close