Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

*OFFICIAL* PS3 Vs. XBOX 360 Vs. Wii thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Recent Posts Games Series Hubs
Game Filters
Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 42
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 40 | 41 | Last     Next
Brandon 2006 Posted at: 22:03 Jan23 2007 Post ID: 1315191
Brandon 2006
Post Likes: 0
+
+
This will be the only topic on this forum that you can compare the three next gen systems. Any other topics that duplicate this will be locked immediately. Please carry on.

^Created by Austinanymous

[email protected]
^add me on msn
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
tapion Posted at: 01:34 Jan25 2007 Post ID: 1316961
tapion
Forum GuestMember
+
+
360 all the way
Brandon 2006 Posted at: 07:02 Jan25 2007 Post ID: 1317113
Brandon 2006
+
+
I say the 360 wins the battle as well, but tapion support your answers. First of all the PS3 looks overpriced to most un-knowledgeable people. Sony barely shipped enough units and the launch was worse than the 360's. Also because of the high price casual gamers will not even think about it which results in a loss of millions in sales. The casual gamers have mainly gone to the XBOX 360 and many have gone to the innovative Wii. The sales numbers prove that what I'm saying is true. The Wii has gotten improvements in sales since it is so innovative. The 360 has such great sales because it has a great price for a game system, it is a straight up game system with nothing really new ands exciting and I think that makes it easier for new gamers to come into the market and get used to playing games. the 360 has a lot of power and right now the graphics of the PS3 and 360 are similar. That is why the XBOX 360 is killing it in sales right now.

[email protected]
^add me on msn
tree afro Posted at: 07:04 Jan25 2007 Post ID: 1317116
tree afro
+
+
yea rite Wii is the best
[center][/color]
To Everyone: I am now Ragnarock. I am currently awaiting my mod transfers. I will not anwser to tree afro unless I am using this account. DO NOT ADD RAGNAROCK TO YOUR PAL PADS IF YOU ALREADY HAVE TREE AFRO ADDED!!!

[b][i][color=navy]Pokemon Diamond____Name- Luke____Friend Code-0945-8747-6687

Battle Record- _51 WIN
Brandon 2006 Posted at: 11:07 Jan25 2007 Post ID: 1317486
Brandon 2006
+
+
On 25-Jan-2007 tree afro said:Wii has the best control system ever, and...semi good graphics + red steel and Legend of Zelda
Do not double post.

~~POST DELETED~~

[email protected]
^add me on msn
Brandon 2006 Posted at: 11:08 Jan25 2007 Post ID: 1317488
Brandon 2006
+
+
On 25-Jan-2007 tree afro said:Just cause pplz buy 360 more, dont mean they wont switch over to Wii in the future (like when Brawl comes out)
Again, do not triple post.

~~POST DELETED~~

[email protected]
^add me on msn
CARTIKNY Posted at: 14:26 Jan31 2007 Post ID: 1329955
CARTIKNY
+
+
I think Wii is the best PS3 is too expensive and the 360 is good too
Brandon 2006 Posted at: 05:50 Feb05 2007 Post ID: 1342880
Brandon 2006
+
+
the Wii is fun to play and that is what sells it, I think if you buy a PS3 you would have to force yourself to like that massive system in fear of wasting your $700. The Wii is so small which makes it easy to take anywhere, while the PS3 is too big to take anywhere and the 360 is alright for travel but it is still a bit bulky.

[email protected]
^add me on msn
SPV999 Posted at: 07:23 Feb06 2007 Post ID: 1345467
SPV999
+
+
While the 360 is in the best position to “win” this gen, it gets dominated over by the other consoles in all other regions outside the US. Based on that, I’d say Wii.

On a side note, Ever wonder what would happen if there was a big battle between the entire staff of Supercheats?

Brandon 2006 Posted at: 18:34 Feb06 2007 Post ID: 1347049
Brandon 2006
+
+
The 360 has actually been selling very well lately in Japan and other outside markets, but the Wii will still win it outside of the U.S.

[email protected]
^add me on msn
king_jamie56 Posted at: 06:51 Feb24 2007 Post ID: 1393474
king_jamie56
Not a Nightmare Penguin
+
+
The Xbox never had good sales in Japan, i think the Japanese hate Microsoft...

Hmmm...it'll be pretty close between The Wii (WHich i'll have VERY Soon!) And the 360 (Which i have) The PS3 stands little to no chance, thanks to its ridiculous price and blu-ray usage (Which won't be used till at least 2008!)

I won't get a PS3 unless i get it as a gift, since all i think it is (is) an overpriced, black 360 with blu-ray...

Brawl FC: 1891-2896-6944
Rich's first ever Super Smash Bros Brawl Wi-Fi Opponent
Brandon 2006 Posted at: 07:00 Feb24 2007 Post ID: 1393483
Brandon 2006
+
+
The Wii is definitely worth a purchase because it is so cheap and it is very fun. The PS3 is basically an overpriced 360 with Blu-Ray and slower load times because the disc drive spins the disc slower than the 360 because the Blu-Ray technology is to young for Sony to figure out how to read them quickly.

[email protected]
^add me on msn
dark_wolf_33 Posted at: 22:01 Mar03 2007 Post ID: 1411309
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
+
I say Wii.

Why?

Look at it like this. PS3 has barely any games out at all. And it is 600 USD, which is a lot.
The XBox 360 has great graphics and good games. But what's that innovative about it? It's a graphically-superior XBox, no offense. It's cheap, but not that cheap.
The Wii is small, slim, and innovative in both design and gameplay. And it has the best price for the quality, and already has enough games to hold it over for a few weeks so it can come up with greater quality games.
so it goes.
Brandon 2006 Posted at: 22:10 Mar03 2007 Post ID: 1411326
Brandon 2006
+
+
On 03-Mar-2007 dark_wolf_33 said:I say Wii.

Why?

Look at it like this. PS3 has barely any games out at all. And it is 600 USD, which is a lot.
The XBox 360 has great graphics and good games. But what's that innovative about it? It's a graphically-superior XBox, no offense. It's cheap, but not that cheap.
The Wii is small, slim, and innovative in both design and gameplay. And it has the best price for the quality, and already has enough games to hold it over for a few weeks so it can come up with greater quality games.
The 360 is actually pretty innovative in its online features. You can download full length movies, game demos, arcade games, game trailers, etc. There is also a feature known as IPTV which will be like having cable television on your game console so that you will not need to pay a cable bill. I agree with you that the Wii is the best bang for buck and it is the most innovative, but your 360 points were wrong. I have heard many complaints about the PS3's small lineup while the Wii and 360 both have great lineups so far. The Wii and 360 also have downloadable games so that is the best feature both systems have to offer in my opinion.

[email protected]
^add me on msn
Cervantes De Leon Posted at: 11:39 Mar05 2007 Post ID: 1413670
Cervantes De Leon
+
+
I'd say this is gonna be between the Wii and the 360. The Wii has innovation and has some great games coming up. The 360, with it's year extra compared to the others, already has a good list of games, some of which are great and also has some brilliant online features. At the moment, I have a Wii, but I'm hoping to get a 360 at some point.

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
Brandon 2006 Posted at: 17:20 Mar05 2007 Post ID: 1414457
Brandon 2006
+
+
The PS3 really only added the tilt function to its controller and the online from what I have heard is still pretty bad. I think if the Wii has online multiplayer it would be great.

[email protected]
^add me on msn
johnkrill Posted at: 17:22 Mar05 2007 Post ID: 1414462
johnkrill
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Wii is the best, followed by Xbox 360, and PS3 in last.

Sig and Avy made my me!!!
Brawl FC is 3394-4531-4018
superman4u Posted at: 16:13 Mar09 2007 Post ID: 1424278
superman4u
+
+
On 25-Jan-2007 Brandon 2006 said:I say the 360 wins the battle as well, but tapion support your answers. First of all the PS3 looks overpriced to most un-knowledgeable people. Sony barely shipped enough units and the launch was worse than the 360's. Also because of the high price casual gamers will not even think about it which results in a loss of millions in sales. The casual gamers have mainly gone to the XBOX 360 and many have gone to the innovative Wii. The sales numbers prove that what I'm saying is true. The Wii has gotten improvements in sales since it is so innovative. The 360 has such great sales because it has a great price for a game system, it is a straight up game system with nothing really new ands exciting and I think that makes it easier for new gamers to come into the market and get used to playing games. the 360 has a lot of power and right now the graphics of the PS3 and 360 are similar. That is why the XBOX 360 is killing it in sales right now.
ok First of all.. quite with the expensive part.. Maybe for the average joe wouldn't buy it because it's expensive.. but atleast he should know that it has a Blu-ray in it.. and 360 does not have HD-DVD.. At the LEAST before even consider buying it.. And when you look at that.. you know that they are about the same in price.. (if you look at it just that way.. Ps3 is much cheaper than 360 though overall)

Actually the first 2 months of production for Sony have been horrible.. but ever since.. it is has been doing VERY GOOD.Compared to the 360 who had problems for more than 6 months (for production to get enough 360's out there)...

The wii.. (I played it) is very overated.. it's not even that fun.. If you wanna go bowling.. then get your butt off the freaking couch and go. It's not like you have to do it at home.. soo much more fun in the real bowling ally. It's not very innovative in my opinion and the it is a fad that will where off very soon. (just like the gamecube if you recall)

Back to the PS3.
The sales number is DUE TO THE LACK OF GAMES. not because their sales are going to the wii or 360. MOST ps2 owners are waiting for their favorite game to debut on the PS3 before buying it. And hopefully by then they can get a price cut..

Expect to see sales go crazy when MGS4, Killzone 2, Heavenly Sword, and Final Fantasy come out.

360 has a great price? Please. It is only meant for HARDCORE GAMERZ.. They get the best value because they don't care about any other feature on it except for gaming. which most people who buy a system are not. Once Blu-ray FULLY takes over.. you will see a rise in Ps3 sales go boom.

And the graphics are the same okk.. Sure.. but we got 50 gigs to work on.. You guys got 9. And I know that MS uses compression techniques so that it can squeeze a lot of date.. but I REALLY doubt that it can fit 50 gigs of uncompressed data into 9 gigs of compressed data.. So expect games to be larger, bigger, better, than ever before..

Oh boy.. Just wait until the killer games come out. Alliance Silent War anyone?

« Last edited by superman4u on Mar 9th 2007 »

PS Gamers Network - My new website, please contribute. Includes Wii and 360 Forums as well. http://z15.invisionfree.com/PS_Gamers_Network
superman4u Posted at: 16:18 Mar09 2007 Post ID: 1424289
superman4u
+
+
On 05-Feb-2007 Brandon 2006 said:the Wii is fun to play and that is what sells it, I think if you buy a PS3 you would have to force yourself to like that massive system in fear of wasting your $700. The Wii is so small which makes it easy to take anywhere, while the PS3 is too big to take anywhere and the 360 is alright for travel but it is still a bit bulky.
Oh god. not this again..

First off it is 499 and 599.. not 700 as you are implying so get that off your back. Wii is small sure.

The 360 and PS3 are quite similar in size.. if anything PS3 is just little bit bigger. Not a lot.. And Take my ps3 everywhere I go (aunt's house, friend's house) it's not that big of a deal.

And PS3 is for people who want true next - gen. Not only in games but also in movies. Blu-Ray has won against HD-DVD so most of the movies will come out on Blu-ray.

You got yourself a Blu-ray player, a Game system, a COMPUTER (hell yes a computer.. A fully functional computer), and a multimedia player over all..

And with Playstation Home coming out.. we are getting features as good as Live.. for FREE.. When that comes out.. then there is no way you can say.. that Live is better.. we are getting what we pay for..
Well then I guess we are getting the same for free. XD..

Oh and one thing to cap off my post.. When comparing the 360 sales to PS3 sales.. don't forget PS3 hasn't been out in Europe yet.. or any Pal regions.. and Remember that Europe is like Sony land.. They hate anythime American anyway.. PS3 is gonna dominate in sales over there.

And you guys that are saying wii is soo cheap? I mean come on.. you are getting a PS2 for a 125 dollars less and you get over 8000 games. While the wii is has obviously little bit better graphics, and a wiimote.. for 125 dollars more? You actually think it's worth it?

And everyone that is saying that the PS3 won't win this gen.. Don't forget about how many PS2's have been sold. 120 million. Out of that.. atleast 70 million will continue to buy a PS3 within 6 years time.. I gaurantee.

The war is gonna be close.. but 2007 is wii's year of glory. Microsoft had 2006.. But 2008 the PS3 will reign supreme.. Mark my words.

« Last edited by superman4u on Mar 9th 2007 »

PS Gamers Network - My new website, please contribute. Includes Wii and 360 Forums as well. http://z15.invisionfree.com/PS_Gamers_Network
superman4u Posted at: 16:25 Mar09 2007 Post ID: 1424319
superman4u
+
+
On 03-Mar-2007 Brandon 2006 said:The 360 is actually pretty innovative in its online features. You can download full length movies, game demos, arcade games, game trailers, etc. There is also a feature known as IPTV which will be like having cable television on your game console so that you will not need to pay a cable bill. I agree with you that the Wii is the best bang for buck and it is the most innovative, but your 360 points were wrong. I have heard many complaints about the PS3's small lineup while the Wii and 360 both have great lineups so far. The Wii and 360 also have downloadable games so that is the best feature both systems have to offer in my opinion.
Actually the best bang for your buck is the PS3.. seeing how on the wii they are making money on everything they sell, and on PS3 they are loosing more than 250 bucks..

PS3 will have similar functions as you have just stated for the 360.. The 360 had a year to correct itself.. give Ps3 the same amount of time...

Displaying Page 1 of 42
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 40 | 41 | Last     Next

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close