Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Gran Turismo 5

Best Lap Times?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

sphynxx Posted at: 07:47 Dec09 2010 Post ID: 2935210
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
A thread for people to post up their fastest lap times around any track, using any car. Basically, if you think you've got a smoking quick time, post it in here & see if you can claim bragging rights.

Only requirements for the thread are that you must include the car, and it's settings.

By settings I'm not talking full detailed suspension, transmission & drivetrain set ups. More just like Tyres, Traction Control setting, ABS setting, ASM on/off. Active Skid Recovery on/off etc.

I pulled a 6 minute 19 second lap around Nurburgring Nordschleife in my Mazda 787B Stealth Model.

Full modifcations. Has 900+BHP, racing softs, T/C off. ASM off, ASR off, ABS off. Driving Line on - only because I hadn't used that car around the circuit & wanted to learn the breaking points.

I was nervous the entire lap. I did have a couple of offs, mostly due to dropping a tyre on the exit of a turn due to picking up the throttle a fraction to early and having the front end of the car unsettled by a bumb, but other than 3 or 4 small moments, it was pretty much a perfect lap.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
a100_sausages Posted at: 17:12 Dec27 2010 Post ID: 2944655
a100_sausages
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Well, i'm kind of happy with my result of 42.012 on the Daytona superspeed ring. This was while trying to reach one million credits. I started out with 320 000 credits and got to a million by doing the Super Car cup Daytona Speedring race on professional and got 21 200 every time. This was while i had about 750k credits

My car was a fully tuned Buick Special '62 with 857 bhp and a weigh of about 100 kg, with racing soft tyres. A bit ABS, but i really don't see if that matters, i just hold the x through the entire race anyways. I used the race line, but that doesn't have any effect, my buick doesn't manage to follow it anyways.

I don't think i went below 320 kph once, perhaps not below 330 either, for that sake. My top speed must have been around 355 kph, which i think is pretty good for a '62. The max top speed of the car if 372, but i need draftin to reach that. Didn't hit the wall once, i think, and didn't let go of the x-button either. The breaks were banned.
Awesome Gran Turismo site under construction

<- oh... yeah! Smile

Things like this are illegal for a reason. Rick Roll'd was banned from being posted and so is this. ~X__x
sphynxx Posted at: 08:21 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945776
sphynxx
+
+
My Mazda 787B Stealth Model does the Daytona Raceway in 38.9seconds, 372KPH top speed, no braking, flat out Evil

Also done the Leguna Seca raceway in 1minute 17.289seconds in my Corvette ZR1 '09 Racing Modified xD Nothing overly flash, but that's the fastest I've ever done around it without using a Formula 1 car or Le Mans endurance race car.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

We Gert Posted at: 18:24 Jan01 2011 Post ID: 2948395
We Gert
+
+
My Formula Gran Turismo gets an average of 38.6 seconds on Indy. I'm thinking about getting the Mazda 787B. Do you think it would be worth it? I just beat the Indy 500 for the 3rd time with my F1. My best lap was 38.504. I adjusted the transmission to 249.

« Last edited by We Gert on Jan 2nd 2011 »
sphynxx Posted at: 20:26 Jan01 2011 Post ID: 2948491
sphynxx
+
+
the standard 787B which you can buy in the game is a great car on its own. However my version is different. I don't know how much different the two cars are though, if there's any difference at all.

We Gert Posted at: 18:37 Jan02 2011 Post ID: 2949162
We Gert
+
+
The only difference is looks, it's the same in performance.
sphynxx Posted at: 20:03 Jan02 2011 Post ID: 2949199
sphynxx
+
+
If thats the case, then go for it. It's a brilliant car =D

Forum Guest Posted at: 18:52 Jun15 2013 Post ID: 3253054
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I just got 52.059 on mazda laguna seca with x2010
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Forum Guest Posted at: 07:18 Sep14 2013 Post ID: 3273474
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Nurburgring Nordschleifer: Minolta Toyota 88C-V race car = 5:49:921.

-Full Modifications
-All driving aids off except for ABS (Turning abs off is not recommended when using Controllers). ABS setting 1.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close