Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 5 Help Thread.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
sphynxx Posted at: 16:07 Dec27 2010 Post ID: 2944602
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
Just a thread for anyone to ask questions in & get answers from the SC community.

This answer is for A100_sausages. Just click the spoiler to reveal it dude.

Spoiler:
click to reveal

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
a100_sausages Posted at: 17:05 Dec27 2010 Post ID: 2944651
a100_sausages
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Thank you for the help... it just should have showed up a bit before.

Ok, so i bought the enzo. Spent 200k on it to tune it to the max. First thing i did was to go to super car race on superspeedring in the Super Car cup. (i drove that about 40 times to get my million). My first thought was, Oh, oh. It was already in 3rd gear in the rolling start, while my buick is in 2nd gear. Sure, it accelerated like hell, and i reached 350 about 5 faster than with my Buick. But there is stopped! That ferrari can't reach more than 350 km/h!!!!! That is crap for being a car worth 1,2 million credits!!!!! So now i'm planning on selling it, and i made a nice offer. Just that my offer is kind of ruined when i've already written that it is crap.

Oh, well, if interested in a great ferrari, click to reveal

Spoiler:
click to reveal
Awesome Gran Turismo site under construction

<- oh... yeah! Smile

Things like this are illegal for a reason. Rick Roll'd was banned from being posted and so is this. ~X__x
a100_sausages Posted at: 08:23 Dec28 2010 Post ID: 2945106
a100_sausages
+
+
New post because of new question:

Is the Subaru impreza Super Touring car any good? It has hidden everything but 4WD, the measures and 1030kg. From the description, i see that it has 414 hp, and that it has exellent steering. It costs 493 550 and is unlocked at level 16, so i am ready to buy it if it's worth it.

[update]

I took a look at your Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09. That one looks totally awesome, is that one better than ^^?

[update] The corvette only makes 330 kph according to the description??

Well, perhaps i'll just save up some money and buy myself an F1 soon...

[update] The maclaren F1 sucks.

New question: Where do you make the most money (and preferably xp) in the shortest time?

[update] how about the maclaren F1, that one any good?

« Last edited by a100_sausages on Dec 28th 2010 »

<- oh... yeah! Smile

Things like this are illegal for a reason. Rick Roll'd was banned from being posted and so is this. ~X__x
sphynxx Posted at: 01:07 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945659
sphynxx
+
+
Hey dude, check the hints page on the Gran Turismo 5 main site page - I've got a list of races with money & time spent racing etc there to look at. Except I didn't realise that theres a level 23 or 24 race that pays 98,000. but never mind that.

also; don't pay attention to descriptions, my Corvette hits 370Kph easily. It just comes down to your transmission set up. But I did the racing mods & it's hitting 900+BHP.

As for cars (& this will apply to any you think of buying in the future) - Each & ever car handles different, accelerates different & brakes different. It really comes down to whether or not you want to own that specific car. Some cars may look awesome, but handle crap, some cars make look crap but drive really well. You'll never really know how you personally will like it until you buy it, tune it and drive it I'm afraid. But personally, the Corvette is easier for me to drive than any Subaru WRX race car.

ALSO; there are no races in A-Spec or B-Spec in GT Life where you can race the two Ferrari Formula One cars - They're only able to be driven in Arcade or perhaps an endurance race, I haven't tested the endurance race yet though. EDIT; There may be one or two races, except by the time you save the 12million needed, it would be pointless.

Also dude; don't pay attention to the top speed of cars - that's a huge misleader. Just because a car can hit a stupidly quick top speed (say 350+kph) doesn't mean it will drive around corners well, or even come near reaching that in a race. Top speed means very, very little in most of the races, what you want to focus on is tuning a car for acceleration, braking stability and mid-corner speed & corner exit stability (ie; it doesn't spin out when you put the power down leaving a corner)

« Last edited by sphynxx on Dec 29th 2010 »

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

a100_sausages Posted at: 07:09 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945737
a100_sausages
+
+
Thank you for the info, i know i'm asking a lot...

But... when you buy like an adjustable transmission, where do you then get to adjust it? I still haven't been able to find that...

<- oh... yeah! Smile

sphynxx Posted at: 07:21 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945741
sphynxx
+
+
You just go into your garage, either press X & bring up the car window - or press triangle & go to "settings"/"tuning". It depends on which menu you us. Then down to suspension. You can also tune a car before a race, when the pre-race menu comes up, you'll see the green flag to start the race, a "driving options" menu and a "settings" menu. The "settings" menu is the car tuning menu.

D/W about asking a lot of questions, it's what I'm here for dude.

a100_sausages Posted at: 07:33 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945744
a100_sausages
+
+
OK, bought your corvette, bought all the extra stuff, and put on racing modifications. Now, i've tuned it a bit myself, and it still has 824 bhp, how do you get 900??

<- oh... yeah! Smile

sphynxx Posted at: 07:36 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945746
sphynxx
+
+
Oil change & added a supercharger as well as the other tuning mods.

a100_sausages Posted at: 07:45 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945750
a100_sausages
+
+
I've done that :(

<- oh... yeah! Smile

sphynxx Posted at: 08:16 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945771
sphynxx
+
+
Huh, that'd odd. My one has 905BHP. Umm, engine rebuild? Every single power mod bought and equipped? Did you do the oil trick before upgrading it? Because that may be why. You should do the oil trick straight away, before doing anything at all.

a100_sausages Posted at: 08:20 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945775
a100_sausages
+
+
OH, i did it after tuning it :(...

But... i haven't done the engine overhaul, costs too much, well, i have the money, but i've spent 1 000 000 the last 30 minutes...

[update] i think i'll just grind some money and xp, i tried for the Gran turismo allstars on expert and got raped. Just super-race cars that outran my corvette, ferrari and maclaren. Haven't tried my buick yet, but i bet it has too poor handling. I'll just reach 24, have 5 million and buy myself an F1 instead...

« Last edited by a100_sausages on Dec 29th 2010 »

<- oh... yeah! Smile

sphynxx Posted at: 08:25 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945779
sphynxx
+
+
You don't really need to worry about the engine rebuild as of it. Once you've done like 10 or so races you should start to consider it. But it isn't too important.

I only do it before and after endurance races or I've done around 2 or 3 hours of racing in it. Then I rebuild the engine and chassis.

EDIT; dude, I've just made a submission to the Hints page for GT5 - it should get accepted in the next 24 hours, about the Formula GT championship - you should check that out before buying & entering that race. It might just save you a few hours of raging over the game lol

a100_sausages Posted at: 08:55 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945787
a100_sausages
+
+
OK, thanks. But i kind of need a fast car with really good handling anyways, so i guess i'll buy the F1 when i can, soon level 20 now.

<- oh... yeah! Smile

sphynxx Posted at: 08:59 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945788
sphynxx
+
+
Corvette fits the bill for a lot of races. It wont win the Like The Wind race though. If you do need help buying one of those cars, I can loan you one of my cars & You'll win it easy and get your own if you want.

Like the Wind in A-Spec gets you a Minolta Toyta something race car lol with oil upgrade, 900+BHP - just chuck racing softs on it, and you have a very decent car =D

But as it stands, it's 4a.m and I have work in 4 hours x.x So I'll check back later on today. I really need sleep lol

a100_sausages Posted at: 09:18 Dec29 2010 Post ID: 2945794
a100_sausages
+
+
I see, 4.15 pm here Smile

Well, first, i'll have to get to Extreme :-)

<- oh... yeah! Smile

a100_sausages Posted at: 09:33 Dec30 2010 Post ID: 2946460
a100_sausages
+
+
OK, i am now level 21. But how am i going to win that "like the wind"-thingy? It's impossible! Either i use the Ferrari, Maclaren, Corvette or the Buick, i'm last within 20 seconds, i simply don't have a chance on them?

[update]

just had a breakthrough and got 9th with the maclaren when i raised the top speed to 360 Smile

[update] buying a nascar, going to try that one. they're all the same?

« Last edited by a100_sausages on Dec 30th 2010 »

<- oh... yeah! Smile

We Gert Posted at: 16:07 Dec30 2010 Post ID: 2946738
We Gert
+
+
All the stats for all the nascars are the same so I'm pretty sure that they're the same.
sphynxx Posted at: 18:51 Dec30 2010 Post ID: 2946864
sphynxx
+
+
A100 - don't bother with the NASCAR, you'll get destroyed, it's cornering speed is pathetic, what you need is a Le Mans endurance car (I can't remember what they're actually called) I have one if you want to borrow it until you win the race.

We Gert Posted at: 21:22 Dec30 2010 Post ID: 2946969
We Gert
+
+
I beat Like the Wind with my Corvette ZR1 RM. It was before I had a race car. It was hard but it's the best car to use if you don't own a race car.
sphynxx Posted at: 00:11 Dec31 2010 Post ID: 2947047
sphynxx
+
+
I just used my Mazda 787B Stealth - destroyed everything if you don't brake. But A100, I've got a Mintola Toyota something or other racecar if you still have trouble k?

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close