Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Halo 3

Skulls

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
qwertyuio Posted at: 18:20 Oct04 2007 Post ID: 1940555
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
This is where the list of all the skull locations and what they do will be listed. The locations will be taken put of the Halo 3 SC guide.(For more complete explainishens look to the Halo 3 guide on supercheats LINK.)There are 13 skulls hidden somewhere within Halo 3's nine levels. Skulls can usually be found in hard-to-reach, inconspicuous places. Once a skull has been found and picked up, you can then activate the skull in the 'Game Options' menu in the Campaign Lobby. Each skull has its own effect. When a gold skull is activated, you’ll receive a skull bonus on the meta-game score screen. Each of the nine gold skulls yield achievements once they have been found, the four silver skulls do not.

Skull - Blind - SILVER SKULL

Location - Mission 1: Sierra 117
Found just after your first enemy encounter. After killing the enemies dropped by the Phantom, hop down and move through the trees towards the water in the distance to your right. The skull is on a rock overlooking the water.

Effect - : no hub and you cant see your gun

Skull - Iron - GOLD SKULL

Location - Mission 1: Sierra 117- At the end of the bridge in the Dam (with the Brute Chieftain), jump up onto the railing and then up onto the building ledge. Walk to the very end of this ledge. Turn right and look on the ground in the crevice to find the skull. Hold the RB button to pick up the skull and hold on to it until you receive the achievement.

Effect - die and you restart the mission

Skull - Black Eye - GOLD SKULL

Location - Mission 2: Crow's Nest -From the starting point, move straight ahead towards the door at the very back of the room. The skull is on the giant pipe above you. To get onto the pipe, hop up onto the metal shelves across from the door. From there, jump to the narrow red pipe. From the red pipe, jump up onto the large pipe. It may take a few tries before you can successfully make it up there. The skull is sitting at the end of the pipe.

Effect - shield always and only recharges after you hit living enemy

Skull - Grunt Birthday Party - SILVER SKULL

Location - Mission 2: Crow's Nest- Found in the Drone-inhabited tunnel just after the area with the Brute Chieftain. This one can be tricky. At the very end of this tunnel, look down through the grate. You should be able to see a green arrow on a platform directly below the one you are standing on. Slowly inch yourself over the edge, then, as you are falling, pull down on the Left Thumbstick to back onto the platform. The skull is sitting on the ground at the end of this section.

Effect - headshot grunts and they explode in a rain of confetti and a "YAY" sound, it also damages anyone in range of the confetti explosion

Skull - Tough Luck - GOLD SKULL

Location - Mission 3: Tsavo Highway-Beyond the first road block, through the tunnel. Once through the tunnel, turn left and hop off of the highway. Move towards the large pipe line running alongside the highway and climb the yellow ladder on its side. Walk along the pipe line until you reach a fence. Jump to the side, past the fence, and look down to your left. Drop down to the walkway running along the mountainside. Move to the end of the walkway and turn left. Run and jump over to the cliffside there. The skull is on this cliff.

Effect - enemies no longer stumble when hit and brutes no longer let out rage shouts before charging

Skull - Catch - GOLD SKULL

Location - Mission 4: The Storm-In the area with the first anti-air Wraith that must be destroyed. This one’s tricky. You’ll need a Warthog to do this. For some reason, this skull will disappear if you destroy the Plasma Mortar Wraith that is dropped onto the walkway by a Phantom. For your safety, destroy the anti-air Wraith in the field and all of the Ghosts before you attempt this. Look for a circular building in the field and drive right up against it. Get out of the Warthog and jump onto its hood. You’ll have to 'crouch jump' to get on top of the building. To crouch jump, first press A to jump up into the air, and when you are mid-jump click the Left Thumbstick. If done correctly, you’ll just make it onto the circular building. The skull is up there.

Effect - there is a more likely chance enemies and allies will throw grenades (from 10% to 60% i think)

Skull - Fog - GOLD SKULL

Location - Mission 5: Floodgate -From the starting point, climb up the hill and follow the trail down to the city. At the dirt trail’s end, as soon as you step onto the ramp, look up at the building to your right. One Flood jumps from this building across to the other side. If you kill this Flood, it drops the ‘Fog’ skull. You’ll have to kill him just as he starts to jump away from the building and hope that the skull lands nearby. If you miss him, or the skull lands somewhere out of your reach, restart the mission.

Effect - no radar

Skull - Famine - GOLD SKULL

Location - Mission 6: The Ark - After your encounter Prowlers, move through the desert and eventually, you’ll fall down a small cliff, turn right. Just a warning, this one can be a real pain. After turning right, drive underneath the giant walkway. At the very end of the walkway, get out and jump up onto the big rock next to it. From the rock, jump up onto the walkway. You need a Plasma Grenade for this next part. If you don’t have one, it is probable that one of the Ghost-riding Grunts in this area dropped one or more Plasma Grenades. Now for the hard part.

Move towards the support at the very end of the walkway. The ‘Famine’ skull is at the very end of the empty space. You need to use a grenade to propel yourself to this space, allowing you to walk to the end of it and pick up the skull. To do this, place a Plasma Grenade down in front of you (near the edge of the flat part) then run and jump past the grenade. If you did this correctly, the explosion should be enough to propel you to the empty space. If you don’t make it, press start and select 'Revert to Last Save' to try again (only if you activated the checkpoint in this area by destroying the Ghosts).

Effect - ammo is in low supply

Skull - Cowbell - SILVER SKULL

Location - Mission 6: The Ark-Found in the building after the Scarab battle, beyond the room with the sleeping Grunts. At the bottom of the transparent ramp, look way up above the doorway. The skull is on the very top level. To get this skull, you must use a Grav Lift. Place the Grav lift about midway down the ramp, then, at the top of the ramp, run and jump towards the skull’s location. If the Grav Lift was placed correctly, you should be propelled high enough to make it to the top level where the skull is. It may take time to get the Grav Lift placed just right, you can always press start and select “Revert to Last Save” and try again.

Effect - bigger grenade explosions

Skull - Thunderstorm - GOLD SKULL

Location - Mission 7: The Covenant-On the beach, when you get into a Hornet for the first time. Fly it to the second tower, which is situated on the mountainsides on the right. You can see it from the beach. Head up one of the ramps, turn left or right at the top, and go up the large, white ramp. The skull is at the top of this ramp.

Effect - all enemies level up a rank e.g. brutes that would normally wear gold with horned headdress become chieftans

Skull - IWHBYD - SILVER SKULL

Location - Mission 7: The Covenant- To make the skull appear, you must jump through the rings leading up to Truth in a certain order. The rings are numbered one to seven (one being the ring closest to the entrance, seven being the ring closest to Truth’s location). The sequence is:

1-3-4-6-7-5-4-6-5-4-5-3-4.

If you jumped through the rings in the correct order, the skull will appear on the platform just before the bridge leading to Truth.

Effect - enemies have extra dialogue

Skull - Tile - GOLD SKULL

Location - Mission 8: Cortana - In the large area beyond the Pelican crash site. Get onto the circular platform in the middle of this room. Move towards the purple object to the right of the weapon rack and jump up onto the very top of it. From there, jump onto the rock platform in front of you. On the rock platform, turn left and jump onto the next rock platform. Turn around and look up, see the next platform you need to get to. This next jump is more difficult, move to the far end of the platform and jump over to the next one. Walk along the rock, the skull is sitting in a puddle of guts at the end.

Effect - bullets have no effects on sheilds, plasma weapons have no effect on alien skin

Skull - Mystic - GOLD SKULL

Location - Mission 9: Halo-From the starting point, walk down the path and hug the wall on the right. You will soon turn into a narrow trail. The skull can be found at its end.

Effect - enemies are harder to kill but less coordinated

And that is all of them.Smile

« Last edited by qwertyuio on Nov 6th 2007 »
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
necron lord Posted at: 00:31 Oct05 2007 Post ID: 1940886
necron lord
Post Likes: 0
+
+
all the skulls are in the guide
but i think i can tell you some of the effects

tilt: bullets have no effects on sheilds, plasma weapons have no effect on alien skin

iron: die and you restart the mission

mystic: enemies are harder to kill but less coordinated

blind: no hub and you cant see your gun

IWHBYD: enemies have extra dialogue

cowbell: bigger grenade explosions

grunt birthday party: headshot grunts and they explode in a rain of confetti and a "YAY" sound, it also damages anyone in range of the confetti explosion

catch: there is a more likely chance enemies and allies will throw grenades (from 10% to 60% i think)

black eye: sheild always and only recharges after you hit living enemy

fog: no radar

famine: ammo is in low supply

that's all the ones i know

the full version is my wallpaper
qwertyuio Posted at: 12:54 Oct05 2007 Post ID: 1941320
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
Oh yeah I forgot about the guide.I will list them from off that.
necron lord Posted at: 01:39 Oct08 2007 Post ID: 1945744
necron lord
+
+
i found out the other skull effects from a friend

thunderstorm: all enemies level up a rank e.g. brutes that would normally wear gold with horned headdress become chieftans

tough luck: enemies no longer stumble when hit and brutes no longer let out rage shouts before charging

« Last edited by necron lord on Oct 8th 2007 »

qwertyuio Posted at: 23:14 Oct08 2007 Post ID: 1947318
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
Thanks for the help!^_^
necron lord Posted at: 02:40 Oct10 2007 Post ID: 1948596
necron lord
+
+
no problem i like to help

fablelord Posted at: 12:46 Oct11 2007 Post ID: 1950130
fablelord
+
+
Can you guys tell me how to get the catch skull besides crouch jumping and grenade jumps. It seems like I have tried everything I even waited for the Anti Air Wraith to shoot down a Hornet so I could us it as a platform. But it all ends up the same getting shot by the other wraith. Even when I use a bubble shield When I jump i get shot and killed. Please help.
Murphy's Law: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
qwertyuio Posted at: 21:20 Oct11 2007 Post ID: 1950893
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
Judging by your post it doesn't seem like you read this.The things you say you've tried is not the way to do it.

Location - Mission 4: The Storm-In the area with the first anti-air Wraith that must be destroyed. This one’s tricky. You’ll need a Warthog to do this. For some reason, this skull will disappear if you destroy the Plasma Mortar Wraith that is dropped onto the walkway by a Phantom. For your safety, destroy the anti-air Wraith in the field and all of the Ghosts before you attempt this. Look for a circular building in the field and drive right up against it. Get out of the Warthog and jump onto its hood. You’ll have to 'crouch jump' to get on top of the building. To crouch jump, first press A to jump up into the air, and when you are mid-jump click the Left Thumbstick. If done correctly, you’ll just make it onto the circular building. The skull is up there.
Machamp1 Posted at: 15:53 Oct12 2007 Post ID: 1951773
Machamp1
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hey i need help with the IWHBYD skull. i always go through the whole mission and jump through the rings in the right order , what am i doing wrong?
qwertyuio Posted at: 17:41 Oct12 2007 Post ID: 1951927
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
Are you absolutely SURE that you are doing it right?
Machamp1 Posted at: 08:44 Oct13 2007 Post ID: 1952665
Machamp1
Forum GuestMember
+
+
unless i have to wait until truth dies to do it then i'm doing it right
Pokemastar Posted at: 11:33 Oct13 2007 Post ID: 1952825
Pokemastar
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, for the skull to jump in the rings you have to first kill the Prophet of Truth, then you go all the way back to the start (Just the place where you started with the flood on your team don't restart or anything clear the Flood and once the Prophet is down head to the start of it) then once your at the start (where you go down and you'll see Cortana running right? But don't go down there thats the start) then jump through the rings in this order, 1-3-4-6-7-5-4-6-5-4-5-3-4. After you have the rings should start flashing head to the light bridge where it activates the Prophet Cutscene and it should be there ; D

« Last edited by Pokemastar on Oct 13th 2007 »
Now known as Intoxication.

Machamp1 Posted at: 13:52 Oct13 2007 Post ID: 1953207
Machamp1
Forum GuestMember
+
+
thanks now i can get the HAYABUSA helmet!!!!!!! (srry bout all caps)

p.s. nice sig

« Last edited by Machamp1 on Oct 13th 2007 »
Pokemastar Posted at: 14:41 Oct13 2007 Post ID: 1953307
Pokemastar
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Thanks, also go for 1000 Achievment points, gets you a Katana on your back body plate : D

Don't have it myself yet... Stupid Overkill and Triple Kill acheivments <.<

rossbradford Posted at: 14:54 Oct13 2007 Post ID: 1953343
rossbradford
Forum GuestMember
+
+
you cant get the IWHBYD skull unless you get all the other skulls i think anyway anyone wants help add Ross Bradford on xbox live i will be happy to help
Pokemastar Posted at: 15:06 Oct13 2007 Post ID: 1953363
Pokemastar
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Who told you that Ross, the IWHBYD skull was the 2nd skull I got.

qwertyuio Posted at: 23:25 Oct13 2007 Post ID: 1954113
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
Yeah same here.That is false info.
Pokemastar Posted at: 18:02 Oct14 2007 Post ID: 1955358
Pokemastar
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Did you guys get all the skulls while beating the game, or did you first beat the game and go back and get the skulls?

king_jamie56 Posted at: 06:07 Oct15 2007 Post ID: 1955798
king_jamie56
Not a Nightmare Penguin
+
+
Just a quick note, the Mystic skull is actually the Mythic skull.

Thanks for the Skull guide though!

Brawl FC: 1891-2896-6944
Rich's first ever Super Smash Bros Brawl Wi-Fi Opponent
fablelord Posted at: 12:07 Oct15 2007 Post ID: 1955960
fablelord
+
+
Hey I'm back and you kknow what the crouch jump does nothing for me if the mortar wraith keeps killing or destroying the warthog.
Murphy's Law: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close